1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-07, 15:02   Link #4221
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
You mean the same UN that was SO effective that all it took was one man to completely troll them and take their leaders hostage? Oh, and let's not forget the amazing political insight of the crippled child as well as institutions that would likely be destroyed immediately for being associated with the "demon Lelouch." We got a fantastical sugar-coated cherry blossoms resolution for the world that has no artistic or realistic merits. To even pretend the peace has a chance of lasting is laughable.
Well, that same UN didn't have much of a choice, seeing how they were up against the Xanatos-Gambiting Chess Master of a leader with Geass, who also had the world's greatest knight with a superior machine. A superior machine in which only two exist in the entire world.

Its easy to be fooled by Lelouch. However, Lelouch is gone (dead or alive, I don't fucking care, he can't come back), and in his place is a girl who is otherwise very hard to fool. Yes, Britannia is in the control of someone who doesn't have a whole lot of political experience. And that's fine, since right now the world of Code Geass doesn't need heavy politics, it needs reconstruction. And now, the world's greatest knight is known as the world's savior, who supports said girl taking Lelouch's place. And as for superior machinery, it is either scrapped, or in the control of the UN.

You're pretty bitter about the end of the series, it sounds like.
Old 2008-10-07, 15:22   Link #4222
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Not going to go through all 212 pages of discussion... Would just like to say the ending was awesome in my opinion. Though what happened was frequently hinted at and probably somewhat predictable, the means of reaching it (via Suzaku becoming Zero and killing Lelouch in public) was much harder to foresee IMO. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with Code Geass R2. There were certainly a few missteps along the way, but the ending made up for it.

Working on a big project!
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 15:38   Link #4223
shinigami99

I think that if there were to be an R3, as stated by many people earlier, it wont be POLITICAL i.e. not like the first two seasons. One got the feeling for both the seasons that despite geass having an intergral role in lelouch's rebellion, the actual geass plot had no REAL resolution. So, in other words, if another season was made, it will not be about a rebellion(even if lelouch was alive) but the conclusion to the Geass story and probably a more lighthearted story with more emphasis on character development than advancement of plot.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 16:01   Link #4224
Alchemist007
*Author

Can someone explain how VV's code could've been passed to LL?
Old 2008-10-07, 16:01   Link #4225
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
We got a fantastical sugar-coated cherry blossoms resolution for the world that has no artistic or realistic merits. To even pretend the peace has a chance of lasting is laughable.
Exactily so. And in fact we are talking about Code Geass, and not about the real world. Nothing was completely realistic from the very start. Your arguments are valid, but the epilogue clearly meant to be read as a peace that was going to last.
Saying that is not goin to last is like saying that Disney wanted you to believe that Cinderella and the Prince are gonna divorce a couple of years after their marriage.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 17:55   Link #4226
Vino

Hey guys, I made a fake ending, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O73szvQG0WA
Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:11   Link #4227
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Can someone explain how VV's code could've been passed to LL?
As far as I understand it. Geass code can only be passed from the code bearer to a fully developed Geass user. This is why C.C. distributes Geass amongst people in order to find someone who could master the Geass as she did and then pass her code onto them in order to end her "curse".

Charles was a fully developed geass user (This is denoted in both eyes being Geass) and takes V.V.'s code. This happens when The Black Knights raid the geass research institute and V.V. is ultimately defeated in Orange's knightmare frame. Since V.V.'s code was taken by Charles, he lost his regenerative powers and passed away.

Fast forward to when Lelouch uses his Geass on the "gods" to prevent Charles and Marianne from creating a new world, you can see at that moment that Lelouch's geass evolves into a fully developed form which allows the passing of Geass code. Before Charles disintegrates he grabs Lelouch with his right hand which beared the seal of the Geass Code and this is when his code is transferred to Lelouch.

Also, to reinforce this argument, prior to this point in the series Lelouch was always quite afraid of death whenever it presented itself in the form of Mao or whatever. After he obtains Charles's code he never once fears for his life again even when his Knightmare frame is destroyed while infiltrating the final floating fortress.
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:21   Link #4228
shinigami99

In this episode, I really want to know the song that played right before continued story, which begins in the flashback when lelouch hands suzaku zero's mask and ends right when lelouch is stabbed. It really is the most climactic song ive heard in any anime, it really enhances the mood to the point of making me cry(continued story is in the anticlimax). So if anyone thought that the emotional impact of scene right before lelouch's death was enhanced by the music, then ur not alone i suppose.
Old 2008-10-07, 19:41   Link #4229
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
As far as I understand it. Geass code can only be passed from the code bearer to a fully developed Geass user. This is why C.C. distributes Geass amongst people in order to find someone who could master the Geass as she did and then pass her code onto them in order to end her "curse".

Charles was a fully developed geass user (This is denoted in both eyes being Geass) and takes V.V.'s code. This happens when The Black Knights raid the geass research institute and V.V. is ultimately defeated in Orange's knightmare frame. Since V.V.'s code was taken by Charles, he lost his regenerative powers and passed away.
Ah, that's the part I didn't know.
Old 2008-10-07, 20:03   Link #4230
shinigami99

lol i now realized something. IF sunrise had just put lelouch responding to C.C. in the last scene(after she says "right, lelouch), something like "Who knows, (C.C.'s real name)" or just simply "Yes,(C.C.'s real name)", then this thread would've been 200 pgs shorter and this ending would've been done with a high degree of closure
Old 2008-10-07, 20:09   Link #4231
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
lol i now realized something. IF sunrise had just put lelouch responding to C.C. in the last scene(after she says "right, lelouch), something like "Who knows, (C.C.'s real name)" or just simply "Yes,(C.C.'s real name)", then this thread would've been 200 pgs shorter and this ending would've been done with a high degree of closure
That would be a horrible ending. The ending rewards those who paid attention to minor details throughout the series. I was kind of upset that we never learned C.C.'s name though. Well, unless we can somehow read the lips of an anime char .
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:33   Link #4232
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
well...just taniguchi and yukana know about C.C real name...

i want know C.C realll name.....^o^
Old 2008-10-07, 20:51   Link #4233
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
In this episode, I really want to know the song that played right before continued story, which begins in the flashback when lelouch hands suzaku zero's mask and ends right when lelouch is stabbed. It really is the most climactic song ive heard in any anime, it really enhances the mood to the point of making me cry(continued story is in the anticlimax). So if anyone thought that the emotional impact of scene right before lelouch's death was enhanced by the music, then ur not alone i suppose.
Madder Sky (OST 2 I believe)
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:04   Link #4234
posse02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuki_yuki92 View Post
well...just taniguchi and yukana know about C.C real name...

i want know C.C realll name.....^o^
Me too
That's the only thing missing from this series!
Except for all the other things that needs clearing up.

But I don't think there's gonna be another series. Maybe they could publish an article or something...
posse02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 22:21   Link #4235
Sol Falling

Quote:
Since when was Lelouch ever being an ass to the world? Throughout the entirety of the show Lelouch constantly tried to minimize casualties, but not at the expense of results. There are far too many examples that would take up too much time explaining, but some examples are; Euphy, Suzaku, Shirley, and Rolo. Every single one of these characters inhibits Lelouch's plans at some point in the series yet Lelouch never sacrificed a single one of them. Lelouch constantly discusses how he's tired of losing things that are dear to him and never once sacrificed any of them.

Also, how could anyone interpret Lelouch as being an Asshole to Nunnally? At the end Lelouch used the Geass to prevent Nunnally from feeling as if she betrayed the world. He understood Nunnally was too firmly rooted in her convictions to allow Lelouch to continue his plans (plans that would bring peace to the world) so instead of trying to convince her to join him, the evil side, he used his Geass as a means to make her feel betrayed. In this respect Lelouch preserves Nunnally's desire to save the world, even if it means he'll have to betray the one thing he longs for most: his sister's love.
Momosan, is it? Listen, generally when you want to join in on a conversation, it's important to understand the context. What this means is you should actually read and understand what has already been said, and what is currently being discussed. Then, once you have fully grasped the state of the situation, you can contribute new ideas which haven't been stated before.

For example. Here you are trying to disprove my point that Lelouch was a jackass. The thing to understand, then, is when I said Lelouch was being a jackass: and I was, obviously, referring to his time during the Zero Requiem. Read over the past couple pages if you have to for some explicit examples; however, this fact really should be blatantly obvious, if you remember that it was Lelouch's plan to do jackass things so people would hate him (e.g. make a mockery of democracy, Geass a whole army to be his slaves, kill anybody who spoke up against him, make Nunally fall down a flight of stairs).

Quote:
As for Kallen, I didn't really have a problem with how the series handled her. It was made apparent Lelouch had conflicting desires about the multitude of female characters surrounding him.

Shirley's Romance:

Spoiler:

Kallen's Romance

Spoiler:

C.C.'s Romance

Spoiler:
Wow, this whole thing was really offensive.

Spoiler for Shirley:

Spoiler for Kallen:

Spoiler for C.C:

Moving away from this:

Quote:
Geass Code and C.C.'s memories

Spoiler:
C.C. didn't seal her memories. She sealed her Code. This is explicitly stated by Marianne in Turn 20. And yes, this proves that Code is associated with one's memories.

Quote:
Why I knew Lelouch lived

Spoiler:
A fellow poster has already pointed out the much more convincing likelihood of character development.

Now to move onto why the V.V.'s Code interpretation is wrong:

Quote:

Fast forward to when Lelouch uses his Geass on the "gods" to prevent Charles and Marianne from creating a new world, you can see at that moment that Lelouch's geass evolves into a fully developed form which allows the passing of Geass code. Before Charles disintegrates he grabs Lelouch with his right hand which beared the seal of the Geass Code and this is when his code is transferred to Lelouch.
"Both eyes being Geass" does not necessarily denote a fully developed Geass user. This was shown with Mao. If you consider the only two confirmed cases of Code Transfer, the Nun didn't push hers onto C.C. until she'd had her Geass for ~6 years, while the Emperor held onto his for decades while additionally being able to turn his on and off. Aside from this, note also that Charles lost his Geass upon attaining Code (note Lelouch's: "You can't use Geass" from Stage 07, Charles' "I traded my Geass for greater power" in Turn 15 as confirmation you can't have both). Lelouch used his Geass five minutes after your supposed transfer scene.

Quote:
Also, to reinforce this argument, prior to this point in the series Lelouch was always quite afraid of death whenever it presented itself in the form of Mao or whatever. After he obtains Charles's code he never once fears for his life again even when his Knightmare frame is destroyed while infiltrating the final floating fortress.
'Mao or whatever'? You're going to need better proof than that to back up your statements. Lelouch has always believed 'those who shoot must be willing to be shot', and he even said 'life without action is like a slow death' to justify killing himself in Stage 07. From chatting conversationally at gunpoint (numerous instances), to strapping a sakuradite bomb onto himself, Lelouch has never shown any fear or hesitation about putting his life on the line. You know if Lelouch actually had immortality there's no way he wouldn't use it to his advantage; rather than just run away after Tristan destroyed Shinkurou, why not let Gino think he killed him? That way there'd be less people chasing him and he wouldn't have had to bother with some lame video trick to Geass (note again why this makes him having Code impossible) Schniezel.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2008-10-07 at 22:40.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:01   Link #4236
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Yes, because clearly C.C can only be happy because she get's sex. It couldn't be because Lelouch caused her to regain her humanity.

No it can't be character development
LOL... sorry.. but good point..

This I agree with 100%, he did help her regain her humanity..
Old 2008-10-07, 23:20   Link #4237
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
LOL... sorry.. but good point..

This I agree with 100%, he did help her regain her humanity..
But it's C.C. if she is happy because of that, how long will it last? Won't she go back to giving out geass and feeling lonely again? I don't see it as a good ending for C.C. if Lelouch is dead.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:30   Link #4238
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
But it's C.C. if she is happy because of that, how long will it last? Won't she go back to giving out geass and feeling lonely again? I don't see it as a good ending for C.C. if Lelouch is dead.
You don't have much faith in C.C do you?
I am under the opinion she is strong and will live on for him..
So in a way, maybe her story is complete.. but I wont lie, I still wish there was more inner thinking on her part in the end..
Old 2008-10-07, 23:36   Link #4239
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
You don't have much faith in C.C do you?
I am under the opinion she is strong and will live on for him..
So in a way, maybe her story is complete.. but I wont lie, I still wish there was more inner thinking on her part in the end..
It's not about faith. It's her character. Eventually she will forget him, whether she likes it/wants it or not. She is immortal and eternity can make anyone forget anything. She will go back to being miserable and lonely again. And that is not a resolution for her character that I wanted.

Anyway I am of the opinion Lelouch is alive so it's ok
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:41   Link #4240
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
It's not about faith. It's her character. Eventually she will forget him, whether she likes it/ wants it or not. She is immortal and eternity can make anyone forget anything. She will go back to being miserable and lonely again. And that is not a resolution for her character that I wanted.

Anyway I am of the opinion Lelouch is alive so it's ok

Her character has changed/developed... she has regained her humanity.. she knows to live life not "experiences" (see episode 24).

Oh, ok never mind... I see now..

so you only want him alive for C.C sake? I guess it fine to think that way, but I think she can live and be happy without him knowing he accomplished what he wanted in the end.. because I think he did it for her too...