Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 06:22   Link #661
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
1. In a perfect world yeah, but... Well, Teh_Ping pretty much sums it up. It's a dirty and thankless job- If you're lucky most people would actually appreciate your existence.

If you're unlucky, well... *cough SAO cough* ()

2. Of course this seems to depend on the type of LN and what type of fans it would attract I'll stay away from pure fanservice harems if I were you...

3. Me? I'm just here to shoot the breeze and mess with teh_ping, I've no investment in Accel World heh

4. The newer stuff like DxD feels abit 'lawless' to me; the impression I'm getting is alot of newcomers with little to no idea how the translators work and nobody to correct them.

5. Like what I always say in other LN threads, it's not like there's a Writers' Guild running the show and assigning quests with rewards to people.

<.<
<.<
<.<
<.<
<.<
<.<
1. Not like Index's any less guilty...well, I did have to 'promote' myself when I started volume 7 back then, and when people complain, they hardly say it to my face anyway.

2. Actually, the really popular ones.

3. I came here because BeginnerXP's going to work on this series, better check it out. Of course, your statement can be said for both of us.

4. There's no implementing of rules or organization anyway, and the workload's too great for the admins to handle given so many readers with so few mods.

5. Again, how many people excitedly click 'OK' to level up to level 2 without reading the instruction manual?

6. Why so guilty? I wasn't directing that at anyone
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 08:46   Link #662
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Well...if we could get people to do the work, you won't be saying this right? Too many job vacancies in the world of Baka Tsuki which is in high unemployment...and even if we do get many Chinese (national language) translators, there will be some people who will say 'I won't read it unless it's Japanese' or 'such awkward grammar'...anyway, it's a thankless job.
Well to be honest, chinese translation standard varies...I assume the damn cheem Taiwan Kadokawa versions should be accurate...some simplified versions at (a certain chinese LN forum) are ok...but others like for Hidan no Aria are shitty.

What I find when comparing with Jap original anyway. And given how crap my Chinese is I could be wrong. (I'm certain I'm right when I say HnA's mandarin version has many inaccuracies though)
Old 2012-06-23, 10:30   Link #663
Kaos!

Unless Sunrise plans to retcon in the future, White King is confirmed to be absent in the 1st Kings' Meeting

Spoiler for 1st King Meeting:

Spoiler for 2nd King Meeting:

Now so where was the White King all along...
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:00   Link #664
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Well...if we could get people to do the work, you won't be saying this right? Too many job vacancies in the world of Baka Tsuki which is in high unemployment...and even if we do get many Chinese (national language) translators, there will be some people who will say 'I won't read it unless it's Japanese' or 'such awkward grammar'...anyway, it's a thankless job.

@Shogen. Nice to see you getting practice. How's volume 6 coming along? (no rush)
@ Teh_Ping Lol, I'll get right to it <.<
looking back at what I typed I think I should do some grammer check lol, switching language back and forth in my head messes up everything
Old 2012-06-23, 12:53   Link #665
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Unless Sunrise plans to retcon in the future, White King is confirmed to be absent in the 1st Kings' Meeting

Spoiler for 2nd King Meeting:

Now so where was the White King all along...
Ivory Tower is merely the White King's "representative," he is not actually the White Legion leader (according to my reading of the text in that picture)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 16:46   Link #666
churchblue
Banned

So basicially we still don't know who the White King is. I would be surprise if SC intentional ran into him in future chapters. The White King is in hiding because of the people Black Vise works for, the Committee. He may know a bit of the purpose of Brain Burst and the AW, but who knows. In my book, I think White King does show because he know something is going on. Anyway, I would be surprised if there are some people in the real world that know the purpose of BB, kind of like my fanfic character Diamond Angel AKA Daniel.

Speaking of DA, I would put pass the fact there is an adult (a really smart one like Daniel) found a way to enter the AW. Anything is possible, right. I wasn't kidding about those BIC experiment trials. Those people are probably put through hell. I hope there are people that strong enough to oppose the Committee.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 23:22   Link #667
higoku1

Also, in the light novel it stated that the White King was one of the only burst linkers that can recover their health during battle. Legions fought tooth to nails to win over these extremely rare avatars in order to tilt the balance to their favors.

Which resulted in one burst linker uninstalling BB on its own accord, and the White King fighting for survival until it reached lvl 9.
higoku1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 00:05   Link #668
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

oh boy why do I have a feeling some fan fics are on the way again.
Old 2012-06-24, 00:56   Link #669
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Ivory Tower is merely the White King's "representative," he is not actually the White Legion leader (according to my reading of the text in that picture)
Which is why I mentioned that White King is absent from the 1st Meeting. Ivory Tower is the one who attended both meetings. Furthermore, it was only in the 2nd Meeting that he mentioned that the White King handed the acting legion master position to him, which would strengthen my theory that the king who got real life pk'ed by Black Lotus is White King.(My guess is that after White King got RL PK'ed, she hastily requested Ivory Tower to attend the meeting for her, and only passed on the acting leadership to him when she has the time.)

If we could know who from the White Legion(White Ivory or White King) joined the hunt against the 4th Chrome Disaster, the theory of Black Lotus RL PKing White King could either be strengthed or disproved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
So basicially we still don't know who the White King is. I would be surprise if SC intentional ran into him in future chapters. The White King is in hiding because of the people Black Vise works for, the Committee. He may know a bit of the purpose of Brain Burst and the AW, but who knows. In my book, I think White King does show because he know something is going on. Anyway, I would be surprised if there are some people in the real world that know the purpose of BB, kind of like my fanfic character Diamond Angel AKA Daniel.

Speaking of DA, I would put pass the fact there is an adult (a really smart one like Daniel) found a way to enter the AW. Anything is possible, right. I wasn't kidding about those BIC experiment trials. Those people are probably put through hell. I hope there are people that strong enough to oppose the Committee.
So who was the king that Black Lotus attempted a RL PK on, if White King was forced into hiding by some committee as what you suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by higoku1 View Post
Also, in the light novel it stated that the White King was one of the only burst linkers that can recover their health during battle. Legions fought tooth to nails to win over these extremely rare avatars in order to tilt the balance to their favors.

Which resulted in one burst linker uninstalling BB on its own accord, and the White King fighting for survival until it reached lvl 9.
When you're level 9, your head is worth more than your healing to the kings. Maybe that's White King's method of evading danger since he/she went through an extremely political enviroment and had to be more paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
oh boy why do I have a feeling more fan fics are on the way again.
FTFY
Old 2012-06-24, 01:04   Link #670
firestalker5

Quote:
So who was the king that Black Lotus attempted a RL PK on, if White King was forced into hiding by some committee as what you suggested.

Wait.... I know I haven't read the novels, but Kuroyikihime tried to have someone killed in Real Life? Like murder?! Did I understand that right?

Wow.....
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 01:10   Link #671
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
Wait.... I know I haven't read the novels, but Kuroyikihime tried to have someone killed in Real Life? Like murder?! Did I understand that right?

Wow.....
It is unclear on which method she used when she meant by RL PK. Her definition on what RL PK is "To force someone to uninstall Brain Burst through real life methods".
Old 2012-06-24, 01:12   Link #672
firestalker5

Quote:
It is unclear on which method she used when she meant by RL PK. Her definition on what RL PK is "To force someone to uninstall Brain Burst through real life methods".
I see... That makes things a little better. RL PK just sounds really bad... especially after reading SAO.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 06:03   Link #673
churchblue
Banned

Sooner or later, Nega Nebulus will run into someone that has partial knowledge of Brain Burst program in RL and was formerly working for the Committee until he found out something they didn't want he to see.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:26   Link #674
Sheapy

The thing is, there isn't a place where we can post thanks for Accel World. BT doesn't really have a comments place so you won't see anything there
Sheapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:34   Link #675
Shiyumi

Quote:

He/she was there.
Quote:
“Yes... that is me. The Black King, Black Lotus, was the only person of the people who reached level 9 that did not choose peace. Throwing away bond, friendship, respect, and everything to suggest a fight with all seven’s total points on the table. When that was rejected - the meeting round table was suddenly covered with fresh blood.”
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:12   Link #676
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheapy View Post
The thing is, there isn't a place where we can post thanks for Accel World. BT doesn't really have a comments place so you won't see anything there
They should have a forum there. You can always send your thanks there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
He/she was there.
The only way you can fight a duel with winner takes all points would be to use that item mentioned in V4(Forgot its name). Unless its specified when a lvl 9 will take all of another lvl 9's points when killed, we can assume that the victor still gets 10 points only.

Which means that the duel doesn't have to be right at the 1st King's meeting.
Old 2012-06-24, 23:54   Link #677
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
They should have a forum there. You can always send your thanks there.

The only way you can fight a duel with winner takes all points would be to use that item mentioned in V4(Forgot its name). Unless its specified when a lvl 9 will take all of another lvl 9's points when killed, we can assume that the victor still gets 10 points only.

Which means that the duel doesn't have to be right at the 1st King's meeting.
Sudden death duel card.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:06   Link #678
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
just read 4 koma version of the manga, pretty funny, a butterfly and a pig with necktie
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:28   Link #679
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I may have missed this but is thereby any chance a list of all the colors and elements and what their abilities, strengths and weaknesses are? Because I can't seem to find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
It showed up once in the anime when Lotus was explaining stuff to Silver Crow at the Twilight stage at school (forgot the episode number though ). If you drop by to the LN thread someone should be able to fish up the list from the LNs.
Pretty please?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 03:55   Link #680
Flere821
Lurker

Here it is: http://pic.wenku8.cn/pictures/0/381/35637/41423.jpg (From Vol 10, Vol11 had a list of players by Legion rather than by colour)

It's in Japanese, hope you know how to read that
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality