Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-28, 17:42   Link #2401
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

I prefer animations over comics. =3=;

Quote:
as for the vector virus diclonious and ALL diclonious for that matter, are VERY intelligent. and it shows. Nyu fixed that old clock that was broken just by tinkering with it. How many of you could tear apart a clock that you've never seen before (or for that matter, don't even know what the hell it is) and fix it to working order.
I agree on that. o3o The diclonius race appears to be very intelligent. <3
Old 2008-02-28, 19:32   Link #2402
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Ehe yeah and, as I already said, how they can stand to see someone get murdered at such a young age. Woo it fits!
Yup, I totally agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
I prefer animations over comics. =3=;

I agree on that. o3o The diclonius race appears to be very intelligent. <3
But in the comics, there are a lot of things shown clear that we don't understand or not shown to us in the animation.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 20:00   Link #2403
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Ehe yeah and, as I already said, how they can stand to see someone get murdered at such a young age. Woo it fits!

Well, for one, they killed only ones they hated (it doesn't matter whether its a certain person or humans in general). And they didn't grow up as normal kids do, they were lab rats that nobody taught the value of life, that killing is bad etc. (you get the idea). So They just probably acted on their own instincts/emotions. And on their intelligence, of course. They didn't consider killing someone to be such a big deal.
Just some random thoughts from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post

But in the comics, there are a lot of things shown clear that we don't understand or not shown to us in the animation.
Anime is moving. And always in color, unlike manga.
Old 2008-02-28, 20:45   Link #2404
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
yeah, but the trade off is that a lot of times, you loose portions of the story.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 13:35   Link #2405
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Yes I know, but that doesn't change my personal preferences. <3

Quote:
Anime is moving. And always in color, unlike manga.
And that's why I love it. :3

Quote:
Well, for one, they killed only ones they hated (it doesn't matter whether its a certain person or humans in general). And they didn't grow up as normal kids do, they were lab rats that nobody taught the value of life, that killing is bad etc. (you get the idea). So They just probably acted on their own instincts/emotions. And on their intelligence, of course. They didn't consider killing someone to be such a big deal.
I agree with you there.
Old 2008-02-29, 14:49   Link #2406
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodagod View Post
i always thought it was more of a natural enmity thing towards humans.. if not theyd kill anything and everything right?.. and although its not specified, in the elfen lied ova the first diclonius kurama sees, the kid in the apartment.. wasnt a lab rat - she had grown up normally, but her genes kicked in and thats why she did what she did - dont quote me on that, thats just my speculation - the obvious contradictions to this are nana, and lucy when it comes to kouta. its slightly confusing
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 15:34   Link #2407
Nenkitsune

no, you're right. Their instincts tell them that in order for their kind to survive and prosper, they must first get rid of the current humans. HOWEVER, i belive that under certian circumstances, they can live a quite normal life, that is, if they have someone that they truly hold dear to them, and if they don't allow themselves to be overwelmed by their inner demons.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-29, 19:05   Link #2408
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
no, you're right. Their instincts tell them that in order for their kind to survive and prosper, they must first get rid of the current humans. HOWEVER, i belive that under certian circumstances, they can live a quite normal life, that is, if they have someone that they truly hold dear to them, and if they don't allow themselves to be overwelmed by their inner demons.
Wel i do not think its something genetic since that is unnatural and impossible scientifically an evolution does not kill what its meant to improve(nor do they have some voice telling them to do that) especially for the fact silpelits need normal humans to live. Without them they die. Infact silpelits as a whole seem to be a major flaw in that human evolution. In short unless Lucy decides to mate diclonius humans will not last a generation and sadly she will not do that nor does her "voice" suggest it. in short diclonius human were doomed to extinction if Lucy was to carry them.

My theory is sociopathy caused by emotional instability due to the mutations they have the enlarged pieneal gland might be the cause of it all.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 20:36   Link #2409
Nenkitsune

but INSTINCTS can be genetic. and if their instincts say humans are bad, kill them, and that instinct is strong enough, they will follow through with it. you see?
another instinct is procreation. her "voice" which is the instinct to eradicate humans, doesn't actually voice out procreation for the time being though. (except when she was Nyu she was like a freaking bunny!)
the large pineal gland did cause some problems though, but i think that's mostly due to a combination of head trauma as well (if a diclonius horn is broken off, it damages the brain and causes the state that lucy/nyu was in. I believe head trauma causes the same issue due to the large gland, but does not cause their sociopathy)

Darwin's theory on instincts fits perfect in this case.
In the case of natural selection, behavor that favors survival are what help a species thrive.
in this case, the instinct to kill humans, is what allows diclonius to live, because if not for that, they would never prosper and grow.

so the instinct to kill is a behavioral trait that diclonius have to help their race's survival.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-02-29, 21:00   Link #2410
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
but INSTINCTS can be genetic. and if their instincts say humans are bad, kill them, and that instinct is strong enough, they will follow through with it. you see?
another instinct is procreation. her "voice" which is the instinct to eradicate humans, doesn't actually voice out procreation for the time being though. (except when she was Nyu she was like a freaking bunny!)
the large pineal gland did cause some problems though, but i think that's mostly due to a combination of head trauma as well (if a diclonius horn is broken off, it damages the brain and causes the state that lucy/nyu was in. I believe head trauma causes the same issue due to the large gland, but does not cause their sociopathy)

Darwin's theory on instincts fits perfect in this case.
In the case of natural selection, behavor that favors survival are what help a species thrive.
in this case, the instinct to kill humans, is what allows diclonius to live, because if not for that, they would never prosper and grow.

so the instinct to kill is a behavioral trait that diclonius have to help their race's survival.
Things is no human evolution has ever done that. Which is why it seems to unnatural only this human evolution has this which is why i find it hard to believe this is genetic hell I outright don't believe it. And I doubt killing others will help them thrive cause silpelits will not thrive if normal humans die off infact they will die.

Which is why diclonius cannot be considred evolution in real life terms they are more like a disease like aberrative mutation what ever evolves from humans that kills diclonius is the true evolution
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:17   Link #2411
PastPrime

Lucy did not show any desire to kill until after the bullies pushed her too far by killing her puppy. That was when she started to believe that she was so different that she had to kill to survive. Since all the vector virus diclonius originated from Lucy, she may have transmitted that belief to them. And we don't really know if the vector virus diclonius start killing for no reason. Kurama said that they had even killed their parents, not that they all kill their parents. The one we saw kill the little boy might not have done so if he had been friendly to her and let her pet his dog. And we don't know how the one who killed the policeman had been treated. Perhaps her parents considered her horns to be a sign of the devil and treated her accordingly. And the one who infected Kurama was in that Hell of a research facility, as was Mariko. And at three years old they were really to young to understand the results of their actions. Who would give a loaded gun to a three year old and expect them to know how to use it properly. I am sure that everyone has read about children getting a gun that their idiot parents left in reach and accidently killing a friend or sibling, or in some cases themselves. From what was said it appeared that the ones born in the past did not kill. And, with the proper care and training, most of the ones in the research facility could probably been taught not to kill. Instead they were subjected to inhuman experiments.
If Lucy had grown up in a real home with the support of a parent and with real friends there would have never been any killing or vector virus diclonius.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 11:18   Link #2412
biohrd

Does any one could explain me what had happened in manga (I watched anime only)? Lucy dies?
biohrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 15:47   Link #2413
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
I JUST noticed a thread here as I watched a good many episodes in two days.
Now that I found the manga, the ending from the anime is different from the manga as there is a continuation in the manga.
way2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 16:56   Link #2414
biohrd

But can you tell me what had happened in manga with Lucy?
Old 2008-03-02, 17:31   Link #2415
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohrd View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-03-02, 17:52   Link #2416
biohrd

Spoiler for Wiki:
Old 2008-03-02, 18:24   Link #2417
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
I agree with you 100%. Until now I am still so troubled as what could possibly been written in that bottle for Kouta to forgive Lucy whole-heartedly. The suspense is damn great.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 19:32   Link #2418
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler for Wiki:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-03-02, 20:38   Link #2419
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
I love Elfen Lied manga more than the anime...hehe.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 00:43   Link #2420
biohrd

Spoiler for Diclonous Twins...:

Last edited by biohrd; 2008-03-03 at 01:01.

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen