Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-15, 09:58   Link #441
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Nah. Being part of shipping since even before the dawn of ff.net, the cause of shipping wars has always started with one person thinking one girl is an auto-win, and another person thinking another girl is an auto-win. I can point to any romance thread here in Asuki, be it Code Geass, Macross F, Regios or whatever, and it's EXACTLY this one-sided kind of thinking that's the cause of shipping wars.
I haven't seen a single person say anyone other than Charlotte is going to auto win. Until the show gives enough rope for fans of other girls to work with it's going to stay that way. Until that happens all you're going to get is I like <insert girl> the best but nothing serious will happen.

Quote:
Sure, sometimes there comes a point where there can only be one conclusion, but that's uncommon even by the second to the last episode in the harem genre, let alone reaching this conclusion by the second episode. Only thing one can do is have a mind open to possibilities, but having gone through this myself, I can say from experience it really is easier said than done to let loose your convictions and try to honestly understand what the other side is all about.
I already mentioned two other series where the girls who lost dominated the first couple of episodes, those being True Tears and Akane Iro. I even have a slight hunch that Sylvia will win... but Sylvia who I think most can agree has the best chance to cause and upset doesn't have the advantages the two winners in that series had.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:13   Link #442
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

That Princess really has a wicked and twisted sense of humor, doesn't she? Still, I can't wait to see if they develop this other character any more! Maybe he will turn out to be the villain!

Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:15   Link #443
satomianzaki

hmmm...though i prefer sylvia (since its pretty obvious why i like her) charlotte's character is also cool...i also don't mind if teppei will choose her...

but...it seems that sylvia has the most interesting plot/route...since the other girls are just typical, you know...since they don't have that much of a problem or issue...(though its too early for me to say that since we're just in the beginning part of the series)...except seika...since...well...what happened to her that made her kinda dislike teppei because he's an arima..

besides the mission of teppei to find the killers of his parents, i have high hopes that there will be a nice plot regarding sylvia...there is kind of mystery to sylvia's attitude and with that locket or pocket watch or whatever she's holding (kinda reminds me of pandora's box, lol)...

anyways, it will also be nice to know what will be teppei's decision regarding their arranged engagement...for now, he thinks he should drop it...but i wonder if it'll be easy for him to decide like that...charlotte is pushing him to get to know sylvia better...charlo might really hurt herself in the process...but it could also be an advantage to her...oh well...

oh, and all the three girls already have their share of not so naughty scenes with teppei...charlo, yuu and even seika with that blackhole something shot...i wonder if he can even lay a finger on sylvie...haha...

this anime is really interesting...so many possibilities...really hard to predict what will really happen...and who will teppei really choose between sylvie, charlo, yuu and seika...

i better stick with this anime to find out...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2009-07-15 at 11:18. Reason: ...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:57   Link #444
Nvis
Where are the good animes

After the daring rescue in the first episode, Teppei will have to be with Charlotte.

Unless Sylvia gets an even greater daring rescue(?)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 12:07   Link #445
Tiberium Wolf

He will ended up with the maid for sure. Don't underestimate the maid power!!!
Old 2009-07-15, 12:37   Link #446
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Geh...More then 10 pages since I last looked at this thread...No way in hell am I reading all of that.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess it was mostly smartass remarks about the blatant censoring and sabers twin I bet...call me psychic.

Good episode though...Really good actually as far as these types of shows are concerned. All the girls are pretty likeable and don't feel like complete stereotypes. Even if they all are nice though I'm still throwing my vote in with Seika...Feisty pain in the ass with a small bust? Yes please...

Oh and the lead doesn't suck out loud...Always a good thing to see.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 12:50   Link #447
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Well at least the main lead isn't an annoying guy like the rest of the other harems...I prefer charlotte though :\, but sylvie is just as good. Don't know much about her yet though
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 13:26   Link #448
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
He will ended up with the maid for sure. Don't underestimate the maid power!!!
She's more like the childhood friend character, and we all know how that turns out.
Old 2009-07-15, 13:29   Link #449
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I wanna see Sylvie with her hair down and in a dress.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 13:47   Link #450
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Okay, here is my edited Hitode .ass file. All credit to them for doing the initial release, and you'll need to remux the ass into their file as i havent changed the timing or anything else. You may also get font conflicts if you dont have the fonts they use natively on your machine.. I've also left the name of the episode exactly as Hitode released it: [Hitode]_Princess_Lover_-_01_[80B84238]

What i have done is replaced almost all of the honorifics, fixed a few weird wordings and fixed their use of dear for the butler.

I'll do an edit of Gleam's episode 2 later one. For now you can get episode 1 from mediafire.

Edit: Just want to point out, my grasp of japanese is basic at best. I've changed things as i hear it in the episode and a quick cross reference with a japanese dictionary. So don't expect perfection. I do however think my version reads and flows better than Hitodes, though mine is still missing the translation of 1 line that Hitodes is, because i don't know how to add it in there.

Also, i left Sylvie saying father at the end of the episode, because the japanses word, chichioya, just didnt sound right in the sub
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 13:51   Link #451
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Personally, I found the censorship stupid. Either censor all of them or none at all. I find it mind boggling why they'd censor panty shots of all things, and even more stumped as to why they only censored about half of said panty shots. >_>

But hey, I'm not going to hold it against the show or the animator.
it is obvious why the censorship is done, increase DVD sales.
does anyone know how many episodes is this series going to be?
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 13:55   Link #452
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
does anyone know how many episodes is this series going to be?
I believe it'll be 12 in total.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:06   Link #453
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Also to touch on the conversation how the ending pairing may take shape..........., the rule of thumb to go by in these sort of series is to look for the mutual attraction, liking, doki-dokis between the hero and the girl. As of episode 1, the hero and the princess shares mutual attraction for each other. The audience who are also picking this pairing should know not to waver from all the twist and turns to come which are designed to throw you off from your pairing. Stay resolute and don't be tricked.

I'll take my own advice and stick to the pairing of Teppei x Charlotte through and through. heh-heh
I get the same impression, it is obvious that Sylvia has someone already and it will be Teppei the one that helps her oppose her father. It will take a little struggle for it to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I believe it'll be 12 in total.
that is good, things will be fast.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:15   Link #454
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Is it just me, or does it seem as if Sylvia walked straight out of "Fate Stay Night" into this series?
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 14:20   Link #455
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem as if Sylvia walked straight out of "Fate Stay Night" into this series?
Sylvia only look like octivia when she is wearing those tight pants that look so much as the one from FSN. She also having her hair up helps a lot. You don't usually see girls wearing the hair like that in anime.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:20   Link #456
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Obviously not , despite what people seem to envision for some reason, since there is little to none similarities between Saber and Sylvia personality wise. Looks ? They indeed do share similarities there, but i have hard time considering how that makes one character a ripoff of the other.
Old 2009-07-15, 14:34   Link #457
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Obviously not , despite what people seem to envision for some reason, since there is little to none similarities between Saber and Sylvia personality wise. Looks ? They indeed do share similarities there, but i have hard time considering how that makes one character a ripoff of the other.

There's more similarities then just looks if you look carefully....
>_>;
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 14:48   Link #458
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
>_>;
Care to Elaborate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I get the same impression, it is obvious that Sylvia has someone already and it will be Teppei the one that helps her oppose her father. It will take a little struggle for it to happen.
Heads up:
Spoiler for Sylvia's Necklace:

Would that throw Harem out the window and turn it into a romance maybe?
Sylvia seems more like a "guy Virgin" So to speak, i have a feeling right now that she's attracted to Teppei, but is too proud to show it, Just like how she visited Teppei in her class out of "necessity". I really think right now her "rejection" of Teppei has something to do with "duties" of her kingdom or something like that. Some sort of internal conflict within herself.. a "guilty please" that really isn't guilty, but her pride is making it so...
ugh, I'm really bad at trying to explain these sorts of things..

EDIT: Had to add this in... Their Academy is the equivalent of 32 Tokyo domes and 12 drama theaters

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-07-15 at 18:19.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 14:50   Link #459
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
>_>;
Not really there isn't. Their personalities are nothing alike judging from what we have seen of Sylvia thus far. Their similarities end at "wears a blueish knightly looking outfit and wields a sword" (Different swords at that). Saber is reserved, dutiful to a fault, rather emotionless and knightly. Sylvia is prideful, easy to fluster, likely prone to some overreaction and somewhat of a tsundere. They share little to none similarities in demeanor or personality; the comparison is a quite shallow one once we get past the knightly swordmaiden look.
Old 2009-07-15, 15:17   Link #460
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Care to Elaborate?
l wish l could but skyfall just owned me so hard...
that l rather save face value and let it end ...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen