AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 22:06   Link #1841
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

You guys think season 3 will have Clothes updates for Koga and friends?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:27   Link #1842
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
There's some hearsay about it. But yeah, I sure hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
oh yeah I forgot about him, so after this season only 5 gold saints are going to be alive since Amor is Medea's Brother.
Let’s checklist:
Sagitarius Seiya: MIA
Capricorn Ionia: Dead (take that, you damn lolicon geezer!)
Leo Mycenae: Dead (too bad)
Taurus Harbinger: Still busy breaking his the Martians’ bones
Aries Kiki: Hanging out with Harbinger
Gemini Paradox: Alive, probably still fapping to some Shiryu photos
Cancer Schiller: Died a horrible and pathetic death
Virgo Fudo: Still doing his Yoga practice
Aquarius “what’s his name again?”: Dead (I think)
Libra Genbu: Still exercising his arms’ strength
Scorpio Sonia: Dead after playing Joan of Arc
Pisces Amor: Still doin’ the naughty with Yuna

So that makes: 1 missing, 5 Dead, and 6 still alive (for now)
Old 2013-02-27, 22:36   Link #1843
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There's some hearsay about it. But yeah, I sure hope so.

Let’s checklist:
Sagitarius Seiya: MIA
Capricorn Ionia: Dead (take that, you damn lolicon geezer!)
Leo Mycenae: Dead (too bad)
Taurus Harbinger: Still busy breaking his the Martians’ bones
Aries Kiki: Hanging out with Harbinger
Gemini Paradox: Alive, probably still fapping to some Shiryu photos
Cancer Schiller: Died a horrible and pathetic death
Virgo Fudo: Still doing his Yoga practice
Aquarius “what’s his name again?”: Dead (I think)
Libra Genbu: Still exercising his arms’ strength
Scorpio Sonia: Dead after playing Joan of Arc
Pisces Amor: Still doin’ the naughty with Yuna

So that makes: 1 missing, 5 Dead, and 6 still alive (for now)
Pisces Amor is going to die regardless, so 1 missing, 6 Dead and 5 Alive. 5 alive just like the Original Saint Seiya - Aries Mu, Taurus Aldebaran, Leo Aioros, Virgo Shaka and Scorpio Milo.

It sux seeing Athena's top warriors gets cut by half or more. I enjoyed SS-LC mainly because the Gold Saints were there "All Alive" and fighting for Athena, their battles are really enjoyable against the Specters and the 3 Judges of Hades
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 23:41   Link #1844
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
It was already said by the official website that the clothes will get new designs.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 00:22   Link #1845
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
It was already said by the official website that the clothes will get new designs.
Ah, good news ^^. I only heard about it from belxebu before .
Old 2013-02-28, 07:51   Link #1846
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
That's them realizing those two in Part 2 were one of the only things people liked about the show. Doesn't mean it did well at all.
If you even know a little about how animes are made you would never say something as silly as this. How many complete commercial dud shows had stuff people like to get another anime spin-off? I really can't think of one off the top of my head.

Quote:
Actually, Gundam AGE did really bad in almost every sales-department imaginable. It bombed in BD/DVD sales, Plamo sales, Video Game sales, Action Figure sales, and other merchandises they made out of AGE. If you search the Gundam AGE or Gundam General threads, some members already posted the actual numbers of AGE’s sales which, once again, very poor (even lower than the commercially failed Gundam X). Now that’s really something isn’t it? It’s a miracle that Bandai/Sunrise still willing to make more animated project related to AGE like the recent news about the animated spin-off/side-story.
Actually apparently it did well with cross licensing deals and commercial deals which goes outside of Bandai's own merchandising umbrella and into Bandai's subsidiary company Soutsuu, and Soutsuu had something like a 50% revenue increase during AGE's broadcast. We know Bandai is big but they don't cover every sector of merchandising known to men such that there are some areas which slips under their reports but still turns up as revenue.

Again AGE had to do good *somewhere*, otherwise they would simply bin it and start another franchise like they always do. They pulled the arcade games, they pulled the models (except the ultra cheap and easy Advanced Grade which apparently did well) etc yet they are still green lighting an anime spin-off so there has to be something there, it's business and you don't do that out of lolz.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-02-28 at 08:15.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 08:24   Link #1847
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Actually apparently it did well with cross licensing deals and commercial deals which goes outside of Bandai's own merchandising umbrella and into Bandai's subsidiary company Soutsuu, and Soutsuu had something like a 50% revenue increase during AGE's broadcast. We know Bandai is big but they don't cover every sector of merchandising known to men such that there are some areas which slips under their reports but still turns up as revenue.
That’s why I said that AGE failed in almost every sales-department. It means it doesn’t failed entirely, but mostly which is rare for a Gundam series for being this bad.

Quote:
Again AGE had to do good *somewhere*, otherwise they would simply bin it and start another franchise like they always do. They pulled the arcade games, they pulled the models (except the ultra cheap and easy Advanced Grade which apparently did well) etc yet they are still green lighting an anime spin-off so there has to be something there, it's business and you don't do that out of lolz.
Actually, if you watch AGE, it’s divided into “three generations”. Gen-2 which considered the best of the series (in terms of quality and sales) is the one they’re focusing in the new animated project. That means, for Sunrise/Bandai, Gen-1 & 3 is pretty much dead to them (which is 2/3 of the show). So yeah, giving another chance (a little animation compilation) to the best element of a show (1/3 of it) isn’t that much of a risk for a big company like Sunrise/Bandai imo. Still doesn't change the fact that AGE (in it's entirety) is doing really bad commercially.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:36   Link #1848
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
That’s why I said that AGE failed in almost every sales-department. It means it doesn’t failed entirely, but mostly which is rare for a Gundam series for being this bad.
Debatable. Since Gundam X did bad all around as it even failed to pull enough sponsorship and had episodes cut. Victory also did pretty poorly. Then there're those which were so bad people don't remember like G-Saviour. AGE really isn't that bad in comparison if they sold enough cross licensing for it to get a spin-off greenlighted..

Quote:
Actually, if you watch AGE, it’s divided into “three generations”. Gen-2 which considered the best of the series (in terms of quality and sales) is the one they’re focusing in the new animated project. That means, for Sunrise/Bandai, Gen-1 & 3 is pretty much dead to them (which is 2/3 of the show). So yeah, giving another chance (a little animation compilation) to the best element of a show (1/3 of it) isn’t that much of a risk for a big company like Sunrise/Bandai imo. Still doesn't change the fact that AGE (in it's entirety) is doing really bad commercially.
I did watch all of it, I was following the show as it was broadcasted. Actually I have to say my least favourite is actually Gen 2 because it had a serious "been there done that" feeling and felt too much trying to do Kira/Athrun all over again, although Asemu overall was a good character whom is more grounded in reality than the other shows over-ran with no-kill pacifists. Gen 3 with old crazy Flit was the best and most creative season to me by FAR and was something we haven't seen in Gundam.

And again, if it is good enough to even take 1/3 of it and get a spin-off it's already better than the others which gets NO spin-off. That's just a fact too.

Anyway no more Gundam talk, let's get back to Saint Seiya. And let me repeat others by saying horray for season 2 but WTF to Steel Saints.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 10:01   Link #1849
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Debatable. Since Gundam X did bad all around as it even failed to pull enough sponsorship and had episodes cut. Victory also did pretty poorly. Then there're those which were so bad people don't remember like G-Saviour. AGE really isn't that bad in comparison if they sold enough cross licensing for it to get a spin-off greenlighted..
Bandai didn’t make and advertise Gundam X’s merchandise like crazy like AGE. Like I said, I already seen the sales charts and AGE is the lowest compared to X & V (although no G-Saviour there. IIRC, that’s not a series, right?). Oh, and the chart also counts inflation. One example: the latest plamo sales result describe that all kits from AGE-line sells less than throwback kits from UC Gundam-line like the HG Juaggu. If you don’t call that “really bad”, I don’t know what is.

Quote:
And again, if it is good enough to even take 1/3 of it and get a spin-off it's already better than the others which gets NO spin-off. That's just a fact too.
Bandai already took huge risk for AGE. Considering that AGE is their "big plan" of getting the new generation of fans that can ensure the future of Gundam franchise, they can't just let the series go and remembered as a failure like X. That's why the new animation compilation short is their last effort for "redemption" by exploiting what fans think as the best element of the show. Although, just like you said, Gen-2 isn't really all that good to begin with.

Ok, this will be my last reply regarding AGE and now back to Omega.
Old 2013-02-28, 12:20   Link #1850
Key Board
Carbon

So is Subaru the new main character or is he the 6th power ranger position?

because I'm not sure I want to go through a new set of main characters again

leave that to Precure
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 12:22   Link #1851
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So is Subaru the new main character or is he the 6th power ranger position?
He is Omega's Chibi-Usa.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 12:36   Link #1852
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
He is Omega's Chibi-Usa.
God I hope he won't meet any unicorn...
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 14:27   Link #1853
7Th
Mixtape

Wait a second, if Subaru really is Chibi-Usa...

Chronotechtor = Time Control
Time Control = Time Travel

Spoiler for SUBARU:
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 15:36   Link #1854
Miraluka
Banned

What the...!!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 18:30   Link #1855
ShiroiRyu

7Th : Why not ?
Good thing.

In same time, i learn something : I don't have the "locket song" from Sonia (in episode 40)
:

Spoiler for 40:

I thought that was in OST 2 but no.
Old 2013-02-28, 19:50   Link #1856
ChampDream
Alive

do we know how Subaru look like and what could his cloth represent (since the other three represent land, sky and water)?
Old 2013-02-28, 22:01   Link #1857
belxebu

I think that Subaru, just like Peacock Pavlin and Musca Fly, represent the constellation of his own name in other language, Pleiades.

PS: I know that Pleiades isn't a constellation but is a star clusters. Isn't like if he was a REAL Saint
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 00:19   Link #1858
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I see what's happening....

Every time Kouga goes berserk is up to Yuna to stop him. I'm a shipper but I wish Toei would stop teasing us.

How about having Seiya smack some sense into Kouga?
Old 2013-03-01, 01:32   Link #1859
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
leave that to Precure
Is that SS freak mantra now? Oh no they invited that artist that did ONE SEASON of Precure! Oh no they're renewing the character roster to keep the interest up! Clearly Precure is to blame!

Shut the hell up.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 16:27   Link #1860
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Is that SS freak mantra now? Oh no they invited that artist that did ONE SEASON of Precure! Oh no they're renewing the character roster to keep the interest up! Clearly Precure is to blame!

Shut the hell up.
It's just a mantra used by LC fans. Of course they don't realize they watch yaoi.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen