Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-02, 12:24   Link #1
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
[Manga] Chapter 238 Discussion

Chapter 238 is early out this week, not that im against it.=)

Well, to make it in short words it seems to me like that everyone has been fully recovered from the missions. And the sand nins seems to take goodbye with Shikamaru. Also it seems like Neji has been starting his practise in the main family.

We se Sasuke on the first pages in Orochimaru's den, so it looks like they have come to an agreement.

We see Sakura in practise to Tsunade were she is tryoing to get life to an death fish or something.

Last pages there is 4 Akatsuki members in a cave, they seem to be planning something.

Its not translated so i dont know whats been said in this ep. But it seems okey=)

Enjoy
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:33   Link #2
Palani
///_^

Getting the Raw now,

Should be an interesting chapter with a lot of story development. That's always a good thing.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:37   Link #3
ShikaShika
無罪

Lots of things happened this week, we see all the leaf/sand genins including Neji and Chouji well out of the hospital so I assume some time has passed. Neji is training with his uncle, Sasuke reaches Orochimaru (who claims his future lies within Sasuke). Sakura successfully heals a fish. Naruto talks with Iruka then leaves with Jiraiya as Hinata watches from a distance.

Of course there's the rest of the genins i didn't mention and the akatsuki. Seems to be a great chapter.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:37   Link #4
stylez
Hokage

Well it seems like now that Kishimoto is trying to wide out the story line again, so it wont be to compressed=) I must say it seems good=)
Old 2004-11-02, 12:40   Link #5
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Wow, that was some good stuff. I really can't wait for the next chapter... next week can't come by soon enough.

-from Sha77erS7ar with stuff added by me (in italics)-

Sasuke has joined Orochimaru but is in a bad mood, Kabuto scolds him for being disrespectful to Orochimaru but Sasuke glares at him and Kabuto realizes that there's some different chakra around him. (Oro is still in his mummy get-up)

Anyway, it seems that three months have gone by since last chapter. Everybody is out of the hospital and doing well, Sakura is working hard and seemingly is now able to bring a dead fish back to life, Shino seems to be very interested in the mission that the others went to (as he's talking to Kiba, he looks cool without his hood on while wearing his jacket), and Neji talks way more respectfully and nicely to Hinata... it also seems that Neji is being trained by Hiashi and Hinata went to see Naruto at the hospital.

Lee is doing better and scold Gai when he wanted to rest, saying that "Youth is waiting for us!!", Gai replies that soon, he might not have such youth anymore. (It looks like Lee just beat up Gai as Lee is celebrating about something and Gai is dead tired on the ground. Ten Ten smiles and looks hella cute!)

Shikamaru and Temari have a little chat as the Sand trio heads back home. After that Tsunade is chilling in her Hokage room looking at the pictures of the Hokages before her. (It looks like Shodaime is wearing a doo-rag)

Naruto has one more bowl of Ramen at Ichiraku with Iruka before Jiraiya shows up and says it's time to go. Naruto looks up at the face of Yondaime on the mountain and clenches his fist as he departs. It's a very cool looking scene (well drawn as well) and will more likely be the subject of many fan-colorings.

Oh yeah, Akatsuki seems a little worried that Orochimaru has obtained a sharingan, but one of them seems to think there's no problem and that they can just kill him if it becomes bad enough. (Itachi just does a ... statement. It also looks like there are 6 of them in this cave, assuming that it's their hideout. One of the Akatsuki members is chilling on the ceiling and has the sillouhette of what I believe is to be a bat. The one behind Itachi and Kisame is humongous!!!)

So Naruto's leaving, and according to the little letters at the end of the chapter, the "Kakashi Gaiden" is about to start, "Gaiden" meaning "side-story", or "other story"... so maybe we'll have a few Kakashi-based chapters before the tiiiiime jump, hopefully they'll explain his past.

--------------------------------

Well, to sum it up... this was great. It looks like everyone is getting ready to kick some ass in the future with the hope of awesome Genins>Chuunins>Jounins from the leaf. We pretty much got to see all of our favorite nins in this chapter and crazy things be a brewing especially with all those Akatsuki members brooding in a dark cave. And it seems like we'll be taking a break from the main story to finally find out what the hell is up with Kakashi!!! Perhaps a different mission? His background? How and who did he get his Sharingan from? YAY!!! So I suppose for the next couple chapters, which we will probably see the time skip after, the manga will be called "Kakashi" like some of you predicted... LOL!!!

And didn't anyone think that Yondaime looked a hell of a lot like Naruto in the cover? Let the speculations begin.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon

Last edited by Gevurah; 2004-11-02 at 12:58.
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:46   Link #6
Palani
///_^

Oke Here We Go,

Cover shows a cheerfull 4th Hokage

Spoiler for Storyline:

So far that concludes my brief summary. Hope it helped those who wanted to know and hope those who didn't stayed away from it.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:47   Link #7
stylez
Hokage

Yep. A little informasion about Kakashi would be nice=P Hehehe but i hope that the side-story wont be to long... Since i want to se what the Akatsuki is good for. Especialy if they seem so confident that they could kill Oro.
Old 2004-11-02, 12:54   Link #8
Isse

I really look forward to kakashi´s story...he is a very interesting character
Isse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:54   Link #9
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez
Yep. A little informasion about Kakashi would be nice=P Hehehe but i hope that the side-story wont be to long... Since i want to se what the Akatsuki is good for. Especialy if they seem so confident that they could kill Oro.
Well, when you have 8 missing nin who arguably are within the strength range of Oro, if not stronger... I would assume they could hand him his ass no problem.

Old 2004-11-02, 12:55   Link #10
ShikaShika
無罪

Ok, according to Tsunade it's been three months since Sakura began training so I suppose that's about how long it is since last chapter too.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:59   Link #11
Captain_Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Well, when you have 8 missing nin who arguably are within the strength range of Oro, if not stronger... I would assume they could hand him his ass no problem.
Make that 9. There are 9 Akatsuki members on the last pages which strengthens the possibility that there is a leader.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:59   Link #12
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Damn this chapter owned. And the eyes of the Akatsuki guy was weird. First I thaught yep thats the 3rd mangekyou user. Wait is it :S ?
Old 2004-11-02, 13:00   Link #13
stylez
Hokage

I'm so excitet! Do you guys think that a timeskip will accure while this "side story" ? It seems like a logical conclusion....
Old 2004-11-02, 13:01   Link #14
stylez
Hokage

Can any1 translate what the Akatsuki guys are saying in this ep.? I dont know japanese and it havent come out any translation yet=P THNX=)
Old 2004-11-02, 13:02   Link #15
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Chouji fattened up... I really hoped he would stay tin, but i guess it would make him even more useless in combat ^^
Kiba and Shino is such a cool couple, wonder what they are talking about... Perhaps Shino is talking about the mission with his dad (maybe he became chuunin while doing so)
Temari looks back when walking away... we all know what that mean ;)
Interesting seeing some more/new badass Akatsukis as well, one of them looks freaking enormous behind Kisame, and someone is sitting in the roof of the dungeon... freaky.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 13:05   Link #16
Faktor-IV

akatsuki seemed lil worried about orochimaru obtaining the sharingan but Itachi thinks there is no problem and they can just kill him if it becomes bad enough.
Faktor-IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 13:07   Link #17
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Thanks to Will To War

page 01
Chapter 238: Time to Set Off!

cap: That unparalleled strength. That carefree smile. With him as their target, everybody sets off on their journeys.

page 02
cap: Burned up with hatred, breathing in darkness... Sasuke journeys towards a battle with no end!

orochimaru: Kuku... Sasuke-kun,
you are my chosen one.

sasuke: Say what you want...
Give me power now!

page03
kabuto: Even though he's in a different form,
that's the real Orochimaru-sama standing before you.
If you don't want to die, you'd better watch your words a little.

!!

*think* What... what was that?
His Chakra calibre...

orochimaru: *think* Aah...
My future lies within the body of this child...

page 04
sakura: Hah!

page05
tsunade: ...

sakura: Uwah!

tsunade: *think* Just three months into her training and she's at this stage...
This girl's got talent I haven't seen since Shizune...

We'll stop here for this morning.

page 06
kiba: It's not everyday I see you come along together with me for a walk...

Is it because we're going to meet up with Kurenai-sensei later anyway?

shino: Sometimes we should have a leisurely chat or two. This is what they call teamwork.

I want to hear more about what happened...
...on that mission you guys went to.

kiba: Woah! It was an awesome mission!
...but you won't understand by just hearing me talk about it.

*think* I won't let Akamaru suffer like that anymore.
To do that, I'll train my Jutsus like crazy from now on...

page 07
shino: No. You will tell me about it.
If you must ask why, of course, it is because that's what they call teamwork.

kiba: ...

Are you...
...just pissed that you were the only one who got left out?

shino: ...

neji: Hai! Hai!
Hah!

*think* There must be room for me to go further...
Until I reach that level...

page 08
hinata: Ex...excuse me...
The tea is ready...

father: Neji, let's rest a bit.

neji: Hinata-sama.

hina: !

page 09
neji: I heard Naruto is going to leave the village for his training today.
Are you sure you don't want to go see him off?

hinata: ...
It...It's okay...

kiba: Wha? You don't know?
Hinata already went to see Naruto off!

neji: ...!

kiba: When she saw him surrounded by his luggage,
she was like, woah, almost couldn't catch her breath...

...and because she felt embarrassed about that, she didn't dare show her face at all.

Ahahaha!

hinata: Ki...Kiba-kun...

page 10
ino: I thought you actually looked pretty lean and good when you were discharged...
You sure know how to rebound back to your original size, huh?

asuma: If you have such a huge appetite, I guess it's safe to assume that you're not feeling bad anywhere?

chouji: You're going to train me immediately after I finish eating all of these,
Asuma-sensei!

page 11
ino: Wait!!
Are you stupid?!
You just recovered! Stop trying to act tough!

asuma: ...

lee: Hoacha!
Tooh!
Toerya!

gai: My Lee... shall we rest for a while...

lee: What's wrong, Gai-sensei?!
Youth waits for no man!
Hai! Hai!
Haaaiya!

gai: Owowow...
Though I'm almost reaching the age of un-youth already...

page 12
shikamaru: See ya all... Have a safe journey back or something.

kankuro: Yeah...

temari: We'll come help again if anything happens.
Say that properly again at that time, little crybaby!

shikamaru: You talk too much.
This is why women are really so...

page 13
tsunade: *think* As long as this large tree known as the Hidden Leaf, which all of you have built and maintained, is entrusted to me...
No matter what danger this village faces, the duty of protecting and rearing the little Leaves falls to me.

Being Hokage sure is tough...

page 14
iruka: I see...
It looks like you'll be off for quite a while, then.

naruto: Yeah!

jiraiyah: Time to set off, Naruto!

naruto: OSSU!

Then, I'm going off now, Iruka-sensei!
This ramen's on you - it's some promotion reward for me!

iruka: ...Jeez.

page 15
iruka: *think* Do your best...
Naruto!

naruto: !

Watch me...

page 17
jiraiyah: What are you doing! Let's go, Naruto!

naruto: Okay!

hinata: *think* I... I must work harder too!

figure1: Fufu... to think we'd be meeting altogether like this again...
The last time this happened was seven years ago... when Orochimaru left the organisation...

page 18
flytrap: That Orochimaru has gotten the Sharingan...

figure2: Itachi... is it your younger brother...

cap: "Orochimaru's ambition"... as well as "Akatsuki's motive"!

itachi: ...

upsidedown: No need to worry, yup.
One day we will kill Orochimaru, yup.
On the other hand we only have three years...
If we all gang up, I suppose our success rate is high, yup?

page 19
cap: Everything moves towards that time, three years later!

PART ONE - FINISH

leader?: That's right... our motive...
...is to acquire that "Kyuubi"... as well as everything else!

next: There will be a rest for the next issue. From Issue 52 onwards, "Kakashi's Gaiden (sidestory)" will commence!
Old 2004-11-02, 13:08   Link #18
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faktor-IV
akatsuki seemed lil worried about orochimaru obtaining the sharingan but Itachi thinks there is no problem and they can just kill him if it becomes bad enough.
Yes, that's correct. I would only hope we do see a death of Oro by the hands of Akatsuki. I don't think Itachi is saying that though. It appears as the upside down guy says it...

EDIT: nevermind he does.

Damn you Nine Devil, I just found that textual translation too! You beat me to posting it! Anyways... I'm very intrigued at how it says "PART ONE - FINISHED." On to some serious stuff!

And the leader(?) has some interesting eyes.

Last edited by Gevurah; 2004-11-02 at 13:18.
Old 2004-11-02, 13:11   Link #19
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Omg There Are 9 Shown, I Can't Wait Read This Chapter. I Knew There Were 9 Members. They Replaced Oro, Or There Really Is A Leader!!! Yes!!!!!!!
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 13:15   Link #20
stylez
Hokage

Wow, Thnx for the translation!=D Well anyways. THIS LOOKS GOOD=D hehe cant wait until it get translated=)