AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-10-31, 06:46   Link #41
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I've only found a few chapters of Bokura (ch. 1-4, 8, only 1 & 2 actually translated), and can't find Kaminoko anywhere. I thought I had downloaded it with a raw pack I found, but for some reason even though the cover scan has it listed the person who put the file together included all chapters but that one.

I have not found any scans for Tenshi no Itazura.

Really stinks missing out on so much story, because what I've been able to understand so far has been pretty good, if a bit depressing.
Old 2007-11-04, 16:36   Link #42
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Tenshi no Itazura is the last chapter in the Tenshi no Bokura tankoubon. It's story has no direct relation to Tenshi no Bokura and it actually takes place in a different time period.
And where did you find the second chapter of Bokura?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killz View Post
question - i see a few versions of the manga scanalated but just how do they fit together? are they even based on the same timeline or some alternate versions of each other? and exactally how many volumes are out?
Chronologically, they go:
Kaijin
Tenshi no Yakusoku (Angel's Promise)
Tenshi no Sentaku (Angel's Choice)
Kowareta Tenshi (Broken Angel)

I don't know where Kaminoko fits in, as I've yet to track it down, but the chronology lists it as taking place in the same year as Kaijin. It has nothing to do with the storyline of Kaijin, though.

There is one tankoubon of the original Blue Drop, which is a collection of these one-shots. There is currently only one tankoubon of Bokura, but it's still ongoing.

There was a radio drama, but it appears to only be a retelling of the chapters contained in the original manga.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 18:00   Link #43
Seska

This Manga Thread:"Help, i am so lonely please feed me with the manga stuff from the Anime thread... "

(Psssttt. its only a nice hint)
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 20:14   Link #44
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
This Manga Thread:"Help, i am so lonely please feed me with the manga stuff from the Anime thread... "

(Psssttt. its only a nice hint)
If you want stuff from the original manga, just grab it and read it. It's easy to find.
If you want stuff from Tenshi no Bokura... well, just sit tight for a bit
Old 2007-11-04, 20:18   Link #45
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
If you want stuff from the original manga, just grab it and read it. It's easy to find.
If you want stuff from Tenshi no Bokura... well, just sit tight for a bit
Except for Kominoko. If it exists in raw or subbed form it's not public yet.
Old 2007-11-04, 20:36   Link #46
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Except for Kominoko. If it exists in raw or subbed form it's not public yet.
Well, I haven't found it, either. The best I've found is the summary on the Blue Drop page on Lillilicious' site. It is "public," it just doesn't seem to exist on the internets.
Old 2007-11-07, 15:48   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've just found chapters 8 and 9 of Tenshi no Bokura but haven't seen 7 yet. Ch9 is in the December issue of Champion RED.

I haven't found Kaminoko either. But I have seen ch2 of Tenshi no Itazura, which was in Champion RED Ichigo and is now around. Itazura is described as a "yuri spin-off" from Bokura, and is lighter in tone: an angel doing a little teasing/bulllying (itazura) of humans.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 18:15   Link #48
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

About Bokura chapter 9 - sure does seem like a convenient plot device huh? Makes me wish I could actually read it. ><
Old 2007-11-08, 19:48   Link #49
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

8 and 9 are still only in magazine form, right? Makes me wonder where people get this stuff from
Old 2007-11-10, 21:29   Link #50
Seska

I hope for the Anime Thread, that all discussion around a Girl with the name YUI, should merge into here. Where it belongs YUI is part of the Manga world is it not?

And again, only a nice hint...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 06:29   Link #51
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Mega bump!

Whoever scanlated chapter 3, thank you! Having just read it, things are a little clearer now. The no men thing was obvious but the motives behind Kotoko's actions are a little clearer (and eerily like Kezou's words in chapter 2). And um, some of the biological details about the Arume make more sense now too.

It also explains the nosebleeds!
Old 2007-12-15, 15:24   Link #52
Asrialys

Maybe someone can find the tank of the original manga and scan Kaminoko? It'd be a crime against the tank itself, but it's for the better good? lol
Old 2007-12-15, 15:37   Link #53
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I've been looking for Kaminoko since I found out the manga existed, and it's just nowhere. I even e-mailed Lilillicious to see if they'd send it to me, but I never got a reply. Unfortunately, I'm expecting the DVD serialization to be even more difficult to track down

And yes, chapter 3 explains a lot if you pay attention (especially why I don't like Arume ), and chapter four gets into a lot more depth on the impact the aliens have had on human society. Hopefully that chapter won't be far behind this one
Old 2007-12-15, 16:06   Link #54
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Yeah I can see the connection now. Still, I don't think it's all that much of a stretch saying that humans have been guilty of the same type of behavior for much of our existence (forcing our ways of life on other cultures).

I can't say I dislike or even hate the Arume for what they did, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to be a man in that universe. From some of the spoilers I read, it seems the Arume found a way around that problem too!
Old 2007-12-15, 18:41   Link #55
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Yeah I can see the connection now. Still, I don't think it's all that much of a stretch saying that humans have been guilty of the same type of behavior for much of our existence (forcing our ways of life on other cultures).
Just because something is common doesn't mean it's okay
And not all of them are like the two "ladies" featured in this chapter. Mariel ftw.
Old 2007-12-15, 18:52   Link #56
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Just because something is common doesn't mean it's okay
And not all of them are like the two "ladies" featured in this chapter. Mariel ftw.
Oh it's never ok. I'm just saying that it's not unprecedented either. What I mean is, the plot is way out there, but the actually storytelling is very grounded. I think it paints the Arume in a very "human" light, even if they can be looked at as alien monsters.

And yeah these two struck me as bad examples of the race. I doubt all of them are as "sinister" but it does seem like most are extremely sexual. On the other hand, the whole idea of a special district where men are banned (and killed on sight if found) does fit with everything I've seen so far and certainly adds to the "Arume are not good people" theme.

Meh, I guess I'm just torn. It's nice to see antagonists who don't fit into the generic bad guy category but the protagonists aren't exactly perfect either.
Old 2007-12-16, 01:57   Link #57
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
What I mean is, the plot is way out there, but the actually storytelling is very grounded. I think it paints the Arume in a very "human" light, even if they can be looked at as alien monsters.
Which is good, because it shows them as an entire race of individuals rather than just multiple copies of one stereotypical personality *cough*Star Trek*cough*

Quote:
the whole idea of a special district where men are banned (and killed on sight if found) does fit with everything I've seen so far and certainly adds to the "Arume are not good people" theme.
Indeed. Not fined, not arrested - killed. It really accentuates the status of men in this new society, which is nearly on par with some of the most gender-biased societies than humanity has managed to produce.

Quote:
Meh, I guess I'm just torn. It's nice to see antagonists who don't fit into the generic bad guy category but the protagonists aren't exactly perfect either.
That's an earmark of good writing. Anyone can write a story about a mustache-twirling villain and a knight in shining armor, but it takes sincere effort and planning to write a story using these kinds of characters - especially one with such weird internal conflicts as Kotoko.
Old 2007-12-16, 05:25   Link #58
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Which is good, because it shows them as an entire race of individuals rather than just multiple copies of one stereotypical personality *cough*Star Trek*cough*
Hehe, so very true.

Quote:
Indeed. Not fined, not arrested - killed. It really accentuates the status of men in this new society, which is nearly on par with some of the most gender-biased societies than humanity has managed to produce.
I agree. I once thought of making an editorial post on how our (generally) male dominated social structures compare to the totally reverse structure of the Arume and the resulting effects of how they clash. Sometimes I think the story is also an allegory of an extreme "what if" situation where women dominated society instead of men. Using science fiction as a backdrop makes it easier to take those ideas to places you couldn't go by simply using "normal" society.

Quote:
That's an earmark of good writing. Anyone can write a story about a mustache-twirling villain and a knight in shining armor, but it takes sincere effort and planning to write a story using these kinds of characters - especially one with such weird internal conflicts as Kotoko.
The extreme qualities work so well to illustrate the mundane aspects of the characters I think. In that world they aren't quite as shocking. It's hard for someone in our position to understand how someone could possibly think or act in such a way. But then you see them deal with those actions by discussing them, or acting out on them and you see that they struggle just like a real person might if they were in such a situation. It puts them beyond being a characterization or stereotype into feeling like a flesh and blood person. You kind of feel like you know them a little better and because of that they seem more relatable (even if you still don't like them! )
Old 2007-12-16, 15:02   Link #59
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Sometimes I think the story is also an allegory of an extreme "what if" situation where women ted society instead of men. Using science fiction as a backdrop makes it easier to take those ideas to places you couldn't go by simply using "normal" society.
Without the element of sci-fi, you can't create a society where men are entirely unnecessary. The Arume's ability to breed within a single gender is what drives every point of social conflict in the story. It'll be very interesting if they ever lose this ability.
Old 2007-12-16, 22:01   Link #60
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
And yes, chapter 3 explains a lot if you pay attention (especially why I don't like Arume )
Spoiler for truly reprehensible filk:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. )
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, yuri