AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Death Note character(s)
L 491 62.15%
Yagami Light 389 49.24%
Amane Misa 140 17.72%
Ryuk 189 23.92%
Watari 31 3.92%
Rem 46 5.82%
Misora Naomi 55 6.96%
Yagami Soichiro 34 4.30%
Matsuda Tota 71 8.99%
Aizawa Shuichi 15 1.90%
Mogi Kanzo 6 0.76%
Yagami Sayu 30 3.80%
Higuchi Kyousuke 4 0.51%
Mello (M) 118 14.94%
Near (N) 120 15.19%
Matt 76 9.62%
Kiyomi Takada 22 2.78%
Teru Mikami 68 8.61%
Gevanni Stephen 14 1.77%
Lidner Halle 22 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 790. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-14, 23:17   Link #21
DarknessFaLLs
Eliminate! Eliminate!
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to DarknessFaLLs Send a message via Yahoo to DarknessFaLLs
i voted Yagami-Light.. bcoz he's cool..

in the beggining he's a smart boy. and gud boy.. but..
when he obtain the note.. alot of he's atitude is change ehehe

like the darkside light
DarknessFaLLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 23:19   Link #22
hierophant
anime freak

Thumbs down

I will repost my reasons to dislike light here (from other thread), as I think is relevant to the thread.

Let's see what he did through the series:

- Aiming at small fries- (This one I think it is the autor's mistake, because it is not shown as an issue in manga/anime). Kira only killed criminals shown in media. It mean he only killed people arrested or known by media. So he couldn't kill unknown criminals (like most active criminals and criminal masterminds like himself).

- Badly aiming criminals He judged people just by seeing media, not by reading minds or deep investigations (It mean every people framed, unjustly arrested, or committing criminal acts to save other people being killed). It is almost like having death penalties without trials. And note he judged people using only his own corrupted Kira's sense of justice.

- Killing innocents without second thought or remorse Anime/manga DID shown he killing and making people kill too many innocent people. He even hand his book to the 1st greedy person out there for few months, just to misguide L. And he killed anyone trying to get him, even when it wasn't necessary anymore (Like when he deceived Ray Penber to think he was innocent, waited a week and then killed him).

- Enjoying killing- EVEN when killing innocents, he enjoyed his power of taking lives and not ever once lost a night sleep for it. He even mocked most non-criminals he killed. (Ray penber, his fiancee, and L, for examples)

Also I noticed most people think he was different (not murderer) before getting Death note. It is even suggested by Near that he lost his senses to Death Note and Death Gods, and after his downfall it shows how he was before the Note.

But I disagree. through the story, in Light's thinking, it clearly shows that he always wanted to be a policeman just to execute criminals. It is why he quickly start to use Death note in the 1st place. As stated by Ryuk, he never saw before a human putting so many names in so few days. Actually, it is even a pivot to his plot to bring L down. As he himself explained, he erased his own mind from Death Note because he KNEW that he would try to hiddenly find kira before L to kill him, having high chances of him getting the Death Note before L.
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 13:12   Link #23
cool_girl

I voted for Light for his genious and mastermind plans... it does not mean i support all his doings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
I will repost my reasons to dislike light here (from other thread), as I think is relevant to the thread.

Let's see what he did through the series:

- Aiming at small fries

- Badly aiming criminals

- Killing innocents without second thought or remorse

- Enjoying killing
I am putting this explanation in my opinion and my observation, which could be wrong...

For the first two - it does show that MOST (not all) of the time he researched on the criminal before killing. He does not have mind reading powers to detect the mastermind criminals though...so he accessed police info and media

For the last two - it is a fault in his character...i agree with what you say. He killed L, Ray Penber and his wife because they were in 'his way' and he pretty much enjoyed it.

Light was not like this before the Death Note. He wanted to be a person to make a better world and punish criminals...most police wants to do that. But the idea suddenly changes to HIS world or that he is the god after he begins using Death Note
cool_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 11:29   Link #24
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
I love L. From the start till the end. Therefore, I voted for L.
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 06:13   Link #25
Miz_Dark_Elric_Sohma
Kyo, Light, Sasuke, Izumo

Wink

Light is my fav character not only because he is the hottest [in my opinion] but also because of how smart he is now no offense to L fans but Light
Spoiler for light:
So L could just say whatever he wanted but Light had to always be careful and he had to tell the truth in a way not to be suspected which would be hard. L is really smart n funny but he is a bit weird lyk the way he sits n holds a phone but i guess that is individuality which is really cool but it is really funny to whereas Light has good n bad moments but is still always awesum there is just something about Light that you cn't help but fall in love with him. It worked for me lol!
Miz_Dark_Elric_Sohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 06:32   Link #26
SeeThruAll

Ryuk, FTW.
If it wasn't for ryuk the whole deathnote plot would never start. =)
SeeThruAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:09   Link #27
Miz_Dark_Elric_Sohma
Kyo, Light, Sasuke, Izumo

true but i still dn't lyk him he is a bit weird n i think
Spoiler for light:
Miz_Dark_Elric_Sohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:14   Link #28
Echoes

Ryuk told Light that he would put his name down in his note at the end of his life at the very start of the series. He merely dropped the note to get some entertainment, he never cared for Light at all.
Old 2007-10-13, 06:01   Link #29
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Ryuk told Light that he would put his name down in his note at the end of his life at the very start of the series. He merely dropped the note to get some entertainment, he never cared for Light at all.
Bingo. I thought Yagami Raito deserves to die... no offence now to the fans of Raito-kun but he killed L so....
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 21:19   Link #30
iBeast

Yagami Light.

One of the coolest and well-drawn Anime character of all time.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 13:11   Link #31
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

okie..i know this is no link at all...

But HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO L-SAMA!!! ^_^
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 11:44   Link #32
Iambankai
Surprised Espada

For me, that has to be L - the first one that is
Well, when I entered this thread, I gave it a second thought of who I like, and came to the conclusion, that when L died I was so sad, I mean, I did NOT at all expect him to die so early, but thought it might happen at the last episode (in this case, 37).

Spoiler for Episode 37 (just in case...):

Spoiler for Just a anime spoiler I guess... but still ''covering it'' ... in case ;) :
Iambankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 05:26   Link #33
Zellion

Every time I see the topic discussion about "The most favorite character in DN" in forums, the result is always the same ---> L is the champion!

Yeah, L is the best indeed! Though he's not the protagonist, but he is the actual hero in the series. I love him so much too ^^
Zellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 22:36   Link #34
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

Light Yagami, for being cool and all. And hes a genius!!

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 20:02   Link #35
Hypervalor
Valor Kira

L, Kira and Mikami Mikami is funny
Hypervalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 19:21   Link #36
EhrinUCHI

Yagami Light... my favorite character from the start of the DN anime/manga till the end. I also like Mello, Mikami, L and Matt.

Last edited by EhrinUCHI; 2007-11-23 at 11:24.
EhrinUCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 07:09   Link #37
itachisama-raitosama

Raito rocks...
i think he's not bad,, but sometimes i think he's evil,, but to tell the truth, i love 'evil' Raito.. hehehe
i always support badguyss.. badguyss forever.. hehehe
itachisama-raitosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 14:11   Link #38
BrolyFTMFW

L is an emo diabetic. Light is like a teenage Aizen. What's not to like about that?
BrolyFTMFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 14:50   Link #39
Keruri
Like a falling star

L. L. L. L. L. Best male character of all time. An animated me.

Light, Matsuda, Matt, Mikami, and Gevanni are good as well (in that order). I also quite like Ryuk.... but L is far superior to ANY of them.
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 16:28   Link #40
Shiiy

Send a message via MSN to Shiiy
well. i like light most, but i like L too. he is very nice.
but light is still my favorite.
Shiiy is offline   Reply With Quote