AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-01, 18:20   Link #7561
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I feel no sorry for those Skill-Out to be killed. They're making too much trouble for AC. If they're ineffective, why don't they just leave AC anyway. It's not like AC would care about they leaving anyway, they're not important figures like Mikoto or Accel. I mean, the country is in crisis and they're trying to make it worse.
Old 2011-02-01, 18:34   Link #7562
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I feel no sorry for those Skill-Out to be killed. They're making too much trouble for AC. If they're ineffective, why don't they just leave AC anyway. It's not like AC would care about they leaving anyway, they're not important figures like Mikoto or Accel. I mean, the country is in crisis and they're trying to make it worse.
Skill Out also includes those level 0's who are out of the dorms on night even if they don't cause any problems or if they are bullied by those students with powers.

Academy City is just a part of Japan, and no, Academy City doesn't allows them to leave, they're prisioners of the city.
Old 2011-02-01, 18:42   Link #7563
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
they went through the esper development process, that means AC WILL NOT allow them to leave
Old 2011-02-01, 19:34   Link #7564
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's a very simple reason that you guys are overlooking, two words - Living conditions.

No matter how bad living in Academy City is, it can never be worse than living in a slum in the outside world. Just like how nobody would leave a 1st world city for a 3rd world one no matter how tough it gets. Hell, you'll even have a higher chance surviving a drive-by with Academy City's hospitals than any other country, and given that the City is more advanced by 30 years, anywhere outside can be considered 3rd world by their standards. Beside, in times of war, how many places can provide total protection from Nuclear missile threat?

Another thing, packing up and leave is never and easy thing to do- Where are you going to go? How will you get money? Where can you stay? How to get a job with no education? Wht about your friends? Leaving the city is not a solution, it's a start of a whole other list of problems you can't just wing it and see how it goes, it doesn't work that way.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-02-01 at 19:58.
Old 2011-02-02, 04:01   Link #7565
arson88

now bullied Lvl 0 will be "protected" by Accelerator. at least komaba accomplished something.
Old 2011-02-02, 05:17   Link #7566
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
now bullied Lvl 0 will be "protected" by Accelerator. at least komaba accomplished something.
Of course, he isn't everywhere now is he.....

Quote:
It's not like AC would care about they leaving anyway, they're not important figures like Mikoto or Accel
And we get a glimpse of how black AC is. Roman Catholics and God's Right Seat are underhanded and brutal? Nothing compared to Crowley and his thugs.
Old 2011-02-02, 23:26   Link #7567
Karna
just some guy

So are there any new spoilers for the up-coming novel?
Old 2011-02-03, 00:41   Link #7568
outerelf

Not yet, the novel doesn't come out until the anime ends, right?
Old 2011-02-03, 01:17   Link #7569
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
not necesarily, but very likely.
Old 2011-02-03, 01:23   Link #7570
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Assuming there is no delay, it will come out on March 10th, and it will most likely be leaked a few days before, so there will be spoilers well before the anime finishes.
Old 2011-02-03, 10:33   Link #7571
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Moving this part over from that other thread because the topic is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I think is a reference between legendary beast and a meaning.
Just like dragons are related to angels, Fiamma's claw resembles IMO to the Phoenix which is related to the miracles, fire and inmortality.
Maybe, but for all we know that might be what Michael's own right hand would look like.

Quote:
No, the christianity is just a way to understand God not the format which God belongs to.
In my opinion, 'God' is a format that's outdated, not just for the sake of Index's story but in the world now, people are more willing to listen to Science than the word of 'God'.

Perhaps this is what Aleister was pushing for?

Quote:

Fiamma said his 3rd arm was imperfect but after taking Touma's righ arm flesh does it really became perfect?
I think the answer is a NO, the perfect Holy Right must have been manifested trough Fiamma's own right hand.
You reminded me of an idea.

Now that Fiamma has lost his right arm, this might be a good opportunity for his Holy Right to manifest itself physically as his new arm... Somehow... Maybe a change of heart?

Similar to how Accelerator developed new power despite his new found weakness being hooked up on the Misaka Network.
Old 2011-02-03, 12:50   Link #7572
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You reminded me of an idea.

Now that Fiamma has lost his right arm, this might be a good opportunity for his Holy Right to manifest itself physically as his new arm... Somehow... Maybe a change of heart?

Similar to how Accelerator developed new power despite his new found weakness being hooked up on the Misaka Network.
i've had a similar thought

Spoiler for Slightly squicky idea:
Old 2011-02-03, 13:06   Link #7573
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
i've had a similar thought

Spoiler for Slightly squicky idea:
Since this is the light novel novel thread u don't need spoilers. As for the arm being useful i dont think so. Fiamma himself said the arm lost its light and became useless. The right arm can only work for touma.
Old 2011-02-03, 17:13   Link #7574
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Maybe, but for all we know that might be what Michael's own right hand would look like.
Well, thats also because of Ollerus' comment about how Fiamma survived using his "ability".

Quote:
In my opinion, 'God' is a format that's outdated, not just for the sake of Index's story but in the world now, people are more willing to listen to Science than the word of 'God'.
Then why he would be have evolving Accelerator into an angel and using Aiwass as his formula? The reason is Aleister wants to be free from God's will power.

Quote:

Exactly! Thats where I'm trying to go to.
Old 2011-02-03, 18:04   Link #7575
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Then why he would be have evolving Accelerator into an angel and using Aiwass as his formula? The reason is Aleister wants to be free from God's will power.
It's because that's what Science does- When man sees something in Nature, he uses science to replicate it. An Angel is simply another creation to copy. In fact by showing that he can create man-made Angel, Crowley is lowering the 'divine' status of God.

Because if man can do it, what's so special about God?
Old 2011-02-03, 18:26   Link #7576
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
It's because that's what Science does- When man sees something in Nature, he uses science to replicate it. An Angel is simply another creation to copy. In fact by showing that he can create man-made Angel, Crowley is lowering the 'divine' status of God.
Remember what God's Right Seat goal is?
Reach the status equal to God and then become higher standing above him.

Crowley said Fiamma almost managed to accomplish his own goals before himself which means Crowley probably didn't expect somebody from the magic side to go that far.

My point is that Aleister despite being the greatest magician wasn't capable to do some things with his theories with magic and git stuck at some point thus giving up his studies on the magic and tried science.

Quote:
Because if man can do it, what's so special about God?
Until now never was told/implied Aleister was abled to made/summon an angel before on the magic side.
Remember? The first time he did one was with Kazakiri during Vento's attack but Fiamma did it with no problems during the war.

Maybe unlike Fiamma, Aleister didn't born with a special power but was enough smart to do his own research on magic until some point, again, where got stuck.
Old 2011-02-04, 04:24   Link #7577
giorno

well, as a magician he did summon Aiwass, and learned a "new magic" from him/her/it....

no matter how i look at it, what Aleister is doing with AC seems more of a hybrid between magic and science...only it's called science because the magic is sufficiently analyzed and understood to effectively be considered a science...well, at least the parts that the scientists of AC know...
Old 2011-02-04, 10:11   Link #7578
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Railgun SS2 Chapter 1 summary:
Spoiler for railgun ss2 ch1:

And a new synopsis of the next Index volume is out. Most of it is old knowledge. It's basically saying:
This is a world without Kamijou Touma. The magic side was reorganized and changes were made. Accelerator + LO + MW are not touching the dark side, and there is no sign of GROUP. Hamazura + Kinuhata + Takitsubo + Mugino are working again as the new ITEM with the info they got in Russia for negotiations with the dark side.

What's new is the last line:
The "graduates" of the dark side got their peaceful lives......until an evil "freshman" appears in front of them.
Old 2011-02-04, 10:42   Link #7579
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Part 3 of Index SS

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume1_Chapter_3

Spoiler for comment:
Old 2011-02-04, 16:46   Link #7580
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Railgun SS2 Chapter 1 summary:
Spoiler for railgun ss2 ch1:
Mikoto to the rescue!

Quote:
And a new synopsis of the next Index volume is out. Most of it is old knowledge. It's basically saying:
This is a world without Kamijou Touma. The magic side was reorganized and changes were made. Accelerator + LO + MW are not touching the dark side, and there is no sign of GROUP. Hamazura + Kinuhata + Takitsubo + Mugino are working again as the new ITEM with the info they got in Russia for negotiations with the dark side.
So they are seriously not going to focus on any of the girls? Or even the strongest magic group ever consisting of Ollerus + Fiamma + Silvia ?

Quote:
What's new is the last line:
The "graduates" of the dark side got their peaceful lives......until an evil "freshman" appears in front of them.
That's very poetic...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen