Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-17, 00:11   Link #1
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

playa type character

Basically i want a main character who tends to have a lot of girls that like him not necessarily a harem but more like he just flirts with girls. FLIRTS!!! As in blow a kiss, wink, whistle, use a cheezy line atleast !!!! , an example of what i m looking for would be a popular pretty boy who would try to pick up any girl he sees...... I mainly want it to be romance!!!!, and if its slice of life its a plus however it can have other genres as well. A cool main character is a need. Ohh and can the two overall main characters do stuff(kiss,date) early in the anime ...................
Okay i was very hesitant to post this up because theres really not that much.. in matter of fact not any at all player type animes out there that i know off ( if there is im a really bad searcher and a failure of society) but i have seen Aishiteruze baby which is a good perfect example of what i want.
Old 2008-02-17, 01:15   Link #2
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

it's a difficult one. I haven't seen it, so I can't be sure, but the cult classic Golden Boy sounds about right.
Old 2008-02-17, 01:45   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Heh, School Days fits, somewhat. The guy doesn't really "flirt," but he tries to pick up everyone he sees and gets a lot of girls. He dates in the second episode, and well, it fits.

From what I've seen, I second Golden Boy.
Old 2008-02-17, 02:07   Link #4
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Heh, School Days fits, somewhat. The guy doesn't really "flirt," but he tries to pick up everyone he sees and gets a lot of girls. He dates in the second episode, and well, it fits.

From what I've seen, I second Golden Boy.
school days dont mind me when i tell you to brace yourself for this one
Old 2008-02-17, 02:20   Link #5
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I think School Days is exactly what this kid needs - in several ways.
Old 2008-02-17, 03:01   Link #6
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Though he may not look it, Saito from Zero no Tsukaima is a a real player. I won't spoil anything, but a few things he does are really hilarious.
Old 2008-02-17, 03:54   Link #7
Navel

Paradise Kiss - George can be seen as a player type, although that's not the main point of the story.
Old 2008-02-17, 04:05   Link #8
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Well...the bishounen from Ouran High School Host Club definitely fit your description. Hitting on women is their club activity!
Old 2008-02-17, 05:05   Link #9
Akamu
"The Fearless One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
school days dont mind me when i tell you to brace yourself for this one
I absolutely Hated that anime.

Blue flame, can you give us an example anime you've seen?
Old 2008-02-17, 05:38   Link #10
Frans

You may try Peach Girl. The main character is a girl, but one of the boy main character have the qualities you mentioned... This anime is about a love triangle between one girl and to boys. I like Aishiteruze Baby more though, cause the story is different than other animes that I have watched.

As for School Days... well.. the main guy character (Makoto) is certainly one of the most if not the most annoying character that I have see in an anime. It could be a great anime if Makoto characterization is more solid. I feel sometimes that he has two character, one is a nice guy, one is a horny guy... it just doesn't mix. It's like watching someone playing an eroge and choose all the nice option (treat the girl nicely) and when had the chance, choose to 'play' with the girl.

Last edited by Frans; 2008-02-17 at 05:48. Reason: comment on school days
Old 2008-02-17, 07:53   Link #11
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue flame View Post
Basically i want a main character who tends to have a lot of girls that like him not necessarily a harem but more like he just flirts with girls. FLIRTS!!! As in blow a kiss, wink, whistle, use a cheezy line atleast !!!! , an example of what i m looking for would be a popular pretty boy who would try to pick up any girl he sees...... I mainly want it to be romance!!!!, and if its slice of life its a plus however it can have other genres as well. A cool main character is a need. Ohh and can the two overall main characters do stuff(kiss,date) early in the anime ...................
Okay i was very hesitant to post this up because theres really not that much.. in matter of fact not any at all player type animes out there that i know off ( if there is im a really bad searcher and a failure of society) but i have seen Aishiteruze baby which is a good perfect example of what i want.
I'd like to suggest Kare Kano (His or Her Circumstances) to you.

The main character is actually a girl, but there's a secondary character who's EXACTLY the way you described. They end up going out (details witheld) rather early in the series. The show ultimately is about the girl, but it's prettymuch about thier relationship.

Be forwarned tho the ANIME dosent really end amazingly, the MANGA does from what I hear.

It's also incredibly funny, while being a romance. It's a good watch.
Old 2008-02-17, 08:36   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I haven't seen it myself, but I think City Hunter might be what you're looking for. I've watched some of the companion series, Angel Heart, and Saeba does seem to be the type you're after. Angel Heart doesn't focus on Saeba, though; you need to watch City Hunter for that.
Old 2008-02-17, 12:10   Link #13
devildog23
Summerlurking

Aishiteruze Baby fits, but he changes his "playa" ways throughout the series. It has elements of slice of life and romance, and some pretty hard drama.
Old 2008-02-17, 12:11   Link #14
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamu View Post
So did I, but that doesn't mean the OP will hate it.
Old 2008-02-17, 12:42   Link #15
Eviltape

DNA²'s protagonist turns into the Mega-Playboy (sometimes) and swoons all the women he meets. Except for his childhood friend, which is where the problem is. It's licensed, though.

+1 For ZnT's Saito. He's got a harem (that he kinda' made...), and I wish I knew Japanese to read the books to lol/cry more. The second series doesn't do it justice though, so go look for Sushi-Y's summaries on Google. It's on a blue-themed forum somewhere.
+1 for School Days, but only if you can stand the last episodes and not flame everyone here for either saying it sucked or is awesome. Personally, I liked it all the way to the nice boat.
Old 2008-02-17, 12:57   Link #16
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamu View Post

Blue flame, can you give us an example anime you've seen?

aishiteruze baby is the perfect example except he changes his ways but he like still does stuff with the girl he s messing with

and school days ending episodes were quite unexpected.............
Old 2008-02-17, 14:02   Link #17
Troilism

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Ouran High School Host club both suit what you are looking for.

I especially recommend yamato, it's quite funny with some pretty good character development throughout.
Old 2008-02-17, 14:43   Link #18
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post
+1 For ZnT's Saito. He's got a harem (that he kinda' made...), and I wish I knew Japanese to read the books to lol/cry more. The second series doesn't do it justice though, so go look for Sushi-Y's summaries on Google. It's on a blue-themed forum somewhere.
+1 for School Days, but only if you can stand the last episodes and not flame everyone here for either saying it sucked or is awesome. Personally, I liked it all the way to the nice boat.
I believe the light novels are now licensed for English-language release (the first to be released in July, though )
But yeah, he's a playa. And there's also another secondary character in the series, Guiche or Julio, who better fits the "playa" description, though neither really has a harem.

And the main reason people hate School Days is because of Makoto, he's a despicable person, and the ending involves him as well (though these are two opposing points, if you disliked him, wouldn't you like the ending?)
In my opinion, School Days wasn't a terrible series. It was an enjoyable slice-of-life that became a drama later on.

Though he's a failure of a playa, Inukami!'s Keita likes to flirt around, though he rarely succeeds.
And several characters from Vampire Knight, currently in its manga stage to be adapted this coming Spring, are the type you've described, so you may look forward to that.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread