AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-06, 10:54   Link #981
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Awesome catch!

Also glad the pilot cast is much bigger this time around.

Apollo, Silvia, Sirius, Pierre, Reika, Tsugumi and Jun from the OS with a few sideliners who didn't really pilot Vectors (Kurt and Chloe Klick who I always thought were just magicked into the show during the cosplay ep and Glen who made his re-appearance during the Assault Vector stuff).

Increasing the core Vector pilot cast to 9 from the get-go (Amata, Mikono, Zessica) and (Cayenne, Shrade, Sazanka) and (Mix, Andy, Yunoha) with a second set of vectors from the start and then a few 'named' pilots like Malloy is a good way to keep things interesting.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 11:05   Link #982
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Huh...Kagura is a lot nicer/innocent than I thought

Spoiler:

Also, I'm starting to think Kagura IS Apollo and Amata is some freak of nature, simply because he 'doesn't have a smell'. If everything else in the world has a smell, then it isn't Kagura who's wrong but Amata is something very freaky. Maybe a clone

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 11:10   Link #983
Ypocaramel

The alternative to that being that Kagura can't smell his own smell like other animals, as theorized in earlier pages, making him and Amata the same in some way. I can't evaluate.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 11:15   Link #984
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Hmm, it'd be more of a twist if Amata wasn't natural. Since Shrade has a weak smell cause he's ill , does Amata not having a smell mean he's not actually alive?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 11:40   Link #985
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just wondering what is actually Kagura smelling? Literally a person's smell/scent, or is it their soul, their Element powers, their prana/life force, or others?

Silly triangles X3
Old 2012-02-06, 11:58   Link #986
miketyson

Here's what I see as the argument for Kagura (and Jin?) being "fakes": they seem to know what they are and what they're trying to do. On Vega only maybe Zen and Crea know about this reincarnation shenanigans. If Kagura (and Jin) knows what is going on it suggests a certain deliberateness to their existence.

Also speculating: my sense is that what Altair is calling "Reaiglars" are women with some special ability (not an "element" like we've seen so far, but something else). Somewhere along the way Altair screwed up royally and now has to capture its women from other dimensions. So on Vega the good guys use the vectors the "proper" way -- actual pilots in each module, gattai-ing as-needed -- but because Altair's short on women their humanoid mechs are 1 pilot + some "Reiaglar" modules substituting for the other pilots.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 12:13   Link #987
mayumi

its rather amusing that kagura once he got into his robot which i think has this "Reaiglars" or whatever he said he could smell better from in there. but both the occasions in his chase has been wrong. "Reaiglars" deceiving him? OR does it sniff out women?
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 12:25   Link #988
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post

Spoiler:

Also, I'm starting to think Kagura IS Apollo and Amata is some freak of nature, simply because he 'doesn't have a smell'. If everything else in the world has a smell, then it isn't Kagura who's wrong but Amata is something very freaky. Maybe a clone
A theory could be that Amata and Kagura are BOTH Apollo. Not split Apollos like Silvia and Sirius but maybe different Apollos. I remember hearing about an interview that it was said this series combines aspects from both the OVA and TV series. What if the 2 worlds used in this series are the future of the OVA world and the future of the TV world. So Amata and Kagura are reincarnations of the different world. Kagura couldn't smell Amata because he couldn't smell himself. Think about it, if someone tells you that you smell, would you really notice it? People generally are so used to their own smell that you never notice it. Kagura just tends to jump out in Amata and Mikono's memories because he's much more similar to Apollo, than either of them are to their own past lives.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 13:28   Link #989
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
its rather amusing that kagura once he got into his robot which i think has this "Reaiglars" or whatever he said he could smell better from in there. but both the occasions in his chase has been wrong. "Reaiglars" deceiving him? OR does it sniff out women?
I think "Reaiglers" refers to a person, and not an object. Note that both times that the term has been used, it was in relation to the Aquarion EVOL (i.e. the "Machine Angel", which has always been what the Aquarion has been called since the original series). And given Mikage's speech this episode, we can actually deduce that the "Reaigler" is referring to Mikono... who was present in Aquarion EVOL when they first detected the Reaigler.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 13:28   Link #990
ookamigirl

Mikono almost got kidnapped.
Amata actions were really brave considering the situation.
The "light show" featuring vector & aquarions was kinda nice to watch.
Shrade sure made a nice contribution to aquarions new power.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 14:17   Link #991
miketyson

What if the reaigler is the cat? I'm not even being sarcastic, and it'd make a hilarious troll: the reiaglers are the "cats" and are used to help track down special women (b/c Altair needs special women). So maybe Mikono's "cat" is like an (unintentional) homing device? Maybe hers has become protective of her, but at the same time it's leading the bad guys right to her?
Old 2012-02-06, 14:22   Link #992
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Loved the music. Shrade-sama was so hawt in this episode that I didn't even care that he did the annoying "music talk" thing. I am admittedly shallow..... He's so hawt I will overlook any character flaws. I like the upgraded version of Aquarion Mars--excuse me Aquarion Spada-- I hope Shrade doesn't die---
I liked Kagura's "Would you mind if I kill you". It was a nice throwback to the OS. Apollonius originally was an Angel of Slaughter--

Mikono's "I'm sorry" and her saying that she felt like "Kagura was worried about her before" reminded me of these moments in the OS

Silvia wanting to apologize for failing to save Apollonius and being the very reason he tore his wings off to protect her, who was trying to protect him

The moments when Silvia was hurt because of Apollo's disobedience and he was worried and the second to the last episode when he realized Silvia was endangered and his soul cried out for Celiane. This could be blatant attempt to mislead viewers-
As for "scent" Apollonius had the same "scent" as all the other Datenshi (Shadow Angels)

Amata has NO SCENT
I'm pretty sure, Kagura can smell himself...he's beast, wolf-like, dog-like. Those particular animals mark their territories with their scent--and they can follow their own scent back home if they're lost
Now it could be a case where Kawamori is just playing with my emotions and making me believe that Kagura is a reincarnation of the character I LOVED from the first series--and Amata is Apollon and Mikono is Sylvie. (in which case I start shipping them instead of KaguraxMikono)

Or it could be that Kagura is exactly who we think he is and Amata isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuuen View Post
I'm going to rewatch season 1, anyone has a guide on which non-plot episodes I can skip?
They're all plot-related, it's not really episodic...it's just some are used for character development --
like the Vampire Episode, when everyone was scared of Rena. (because she was a prana-sucking vampire) <-does that sound dirty or am I just perv?

Or the Cosplay episode where Fudo made them cosplay and act like each other, to teach a lesson about empathy and understanding the hearts of another.
Those were Hillarious...Oh god Apollo's impression of Sirius and Sirus' impression of him -boy did I lol over that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Amata felt also he knew him. There is too much Apollo characteristics that it smells a misleading bait.
Quote:

regarding kagura being complete apollo, i think it is misleading.
From whose perspective? As a fan of the OS or a new fan? Fans of the OS are the ones who would pick that up. Newer fans wouldn't pick up on the clues and it wouldn't effect how much they enjoyed EVOL, either. They wouldn't have to watch the OS to understand Evol neither

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
And it looks like you fell for it hook line and sinker.
You do realize that it goes both ways...right?

That this can also be misleading and you "fell for it hook line and sinker"?

Because Amata is nothing like Apollo, nothing He doesn't have any memories of Apollon, only Sylvie..
The same way, Sirus only had memories of Celiane and even those were vague because he was the part that forgot about "Everything"

those wings on his back could be misleading because his wings are on his ankles and not his back? That Amata could actually be a "clone" of Kagura?

Because Amata's Flashback takes place at the same location as the location of the wedding in Cayenne's vision

The only difference is the color of the sky

So it could be that Amata is from Altair and he's a plant. I am not denying the possibility that Amata is the true wing and Kagura is a false one

Speaking of "False Wing" in the OVA Reika/Scorpius was believed to be the reincarnation of Celiane, and Silvia was believed to be Scorpius. So I don't think its farfetched to assume it's happening again.

It could be that Amata is part of Apollon--it's just, as of right now--I don't really have many reasons to believe he is. Why the secrecy? Why not just show Apollon in his memories, unless they're not showing him because they want us to "Think" that Amata is Apollon, when he isn't
Quote:
this far into the future cloning is definetely possible especially if they had data on apollo from his past life. like say silvia who lived wrote another book.
Er...Cloning is the creation of an organism that is an exact genetic copy of another. This means that every single bit of DNA is the same between the two!
They would have to have the original Apollo to clone him.

why would they need to clone Apollo if they had Sylvie and a genetic sample of Apollo's DNA. Does make sense to me--

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Also speculating: my sense is that what Altair is calling "Reaiglars" are women with some special ability (not an "element" like we've seen so far, but something else). Somewhere along the way Altair screwed up royally and now has to capture its women from other dimensions. So on Vega the good guys use the vectors the "proper" way -- actual pilots in each module, gattai-ing as-needed -- but because Altair's short on women their humanoid mechs are 1 pilot + some "Reiaglar" modules substituting for the other pilots.
If they don't need elements, than any woman would do. Kagura only wants Mikono. Also the abductors took men too...I think they're food for Mikage's Garden (Of Eden)

whatever "Reaiglars" are, it has something to do with Aquarion

@ear-biter (jk) It might be the "nekos" ...

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-02-06 at 14:37.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 14:30   Link #993
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Also the abductors took men too...I think they're food for Mikage's Garden (Of Eden)
I'm just nit-picking here, but based on the stupidly small sample size I'm not so sure that's accurate. In the first ep we see women being abducted. The only time a man is abducted is when he's near a women.

Also when the abductor's are looking at Mikono prior to capturing her they seem to X-Ray her hips + chest then the x-ray turns off and it looks at her face.

Sounds targeted to me... but again stupidly small sample size so it's hard to be sure.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:33   Link #994
miketyson

Quote:
Also the abductors took men too...
This I'm not sure about. I noticed in ep1 that everyone they grab is a woman. There's one scene where the abductors grab a couple, but then when you see the red orb go into the machine it's only the woman...
Old 2012-02-06, 14:41   Link #995
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
This I'm not sure about. I noticed in ep1 that everyone they grab is a woman. There's one scene where the abductors grab a couple, but then when you see the red orb go into the machine it's only the woman...
no they both go in the machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
I'm just nit-picking here, but based on the stupidly small sample size I'm not so sure that's accurate. In the first ep we see women being abducted. The only time a man is abducted is when he's near a women.

Also when the abductor's are looking at Mikono prior to capturing her they seem to X-Ray her hips + chest then the x-ray turns off and it looks at her face.

Sounds targeted to me... but again stupidly small sample size so it's hard to be sure.
You may be right--I also thought the same thing, after thinking about it. But it does seem like they're after something specific and not just "women"

I got this from a render fairy I know....

Apollo and Zessica

Spoiler for high res:

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-02-06 at 14:53.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 15:09   Link #996
Adigard

Quote:
no they both go in the machine
Actually I just rechecked ep1... they only take the women. Those are some high-tech machines there.

Spoilers for image space, ep1/2/3.

Spoiler:

The character's could just simply tell us "Damn Abductor's are after our women again!", but it does keep us guessing.
Old 2012-02-06, 15:19   Link #997
miketyson

Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking of, thanks for taking the time to take those snapshots.

So it's probably: Altair needs "special women", for what purpose we don't know yet (but it looks bad, based on what's up with Alicia). It's not clear either if a Reaigler is the same thing as these "special women" or some kind of device used for finding those "special women" (e.g.: "the shu-shu is an unwitting homing device theory, Altair runs on cat power" theory).

In any case, Kagura's interest in Mikono seems to extend beyond what the rest of Altair considers to be the call of duty. They don't seem *surprised* he's going after her, just wish he wouldn't cause so much trouble for them while he does it.
Old 2012-02-06, 15:23   Link #998
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post

Spoiler:

Amata is not a freak. At least he doesn't act like a dog.

Amata, just forget Mikono. She will only lead you to despair.
Old 2012-02-06, 15:27   Link #999
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post

Let her become a head already on Aquarion please X3
THIS.

AmataXZessica <3
Old 2012-02-06, 18:04   Link #1000
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Amata was pretty awesome jumping off the tower with Mikono. Lol Shrade making Kagura submit with a violin. He has a sad past, but couldn't help laugh when he was playing the piano at his concert and paid to reaction to the crowd killing each other. Spada was pretty cool and Shrade handled him like a boss. Too bad he died though. Lol Andy get's no luck.

So Izumo has and is hiding Alicia. So their after women only for some reason. Mykage made it sound like Mikono was the key and that's why he let Kagura go. From the preview looks like Zessica gets to cozy up with Amata.

Tags
comedy, science fiction