AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 00:30   Link #1781
Xaturas

I watch Aquarion every week no problem.
However sometimes it makes me scratch my head.
All the union stuff and the 1 Eyed Commander anticts, make it look like this show is some old Power Rangers meet Mahou Shoujo meet Strange Leader.
Background is good story is also good, but things that happen in fights (and a little before and after them) are just *meh*.
Old 2012-02-22, 01:49   Link #1782
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is my first post since my last one for the second episode, and lots & lots of extraordinary meetings and discoveries have happened since then.

I will go along with the speculations about Aquarion EVOL possibly following the timeline from the Aquarion OVAs rather than that of the first TV series.

What new discoveries we have for the eighth episode are laid down by Izumo.
Spoiler:

BTW, Fudo laid-out another fact of wisdom, that not even Nix could possibly counter in anyway because it is a natural truth for all of our species; there are no exceptions.

At birth we (humans) are all borned.... Naked!!!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 04:30   Link #1783
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
All the union stuff and the 1 Eyed Commander anticts, make it look like this show is some old Power Rangers meet Mahou Shoujo meet Strange Leader.
Background is good story is also good, but things that happen in fights (and a little before and after them) are just *meh*.
i always tought the Aquarion series is a reference to the 1970's super robot & super hero (e.g. Super Sentai) series
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 05:56   Link #1784
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Two words; Super Robots.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 06:07   Link #1785
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Two words; Super Robots.
Trust me even in Super robots genre, Aquarion's silliness is one of kind

Like the recent episode, what the hell that they smoking
Old 2012-02-22, 07:17   Link #1786
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Two words; Super Robots.
Errr...
The only pilots who have orgasm in Super Robo genre are in Aquarion as far as i know...

Imagine if Kamina and Simon has orgasm while gattai?? Ewww...
Or Ryoma, Jin and Musashi having orgasm while gattai?? Me do not want...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 08:06   Link #1787
kuromitsu

And Evol is not even as silly as the first series, though it's slowly getting there if the past three episodes are any indication. Aquarion learning to stand and walk? Fighting using the power of jealousy? "The first time"? Gattai addiction? The power of dieting? Evol has big shoes to fill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
The only pilots who have orgasm in Super Robo genre are in Aquarion as far as i know...
Well, there was Sivil in Macross 7 who orgasmed at hearing Basara's guitar, but she was a bad guy (sorta)...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 08:12   Link #1788
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Oh that would be so much win They probably won't do orgasm like girls but I can imagine them go "UWOOOOGGGGHHH" or "GRAAAAAAAGGH"

.....somehow it doesn't even make sense w

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 08:18   Link #1789
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Trust me even in Super robots genre, Aquarion's silliness is one of kind

Like the recent episode, what the hell that they smoking
Silliness and Awesome are two sides of the same coin

Aquarion so far has manages to balance between the silly and the serious.

Quote:
Errr...

And that's why Aquarion EVOL made the wise decision to include girls... Lots of girls...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 09:59   Link #1790
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
They might not have been orgasming, but how many shows can say they had mecha so large that they make galaxies look like dust particles? I'm pretty sure no one ever went to that scale of ludicrous. Aquarion did much the same *kick reason to the curb* they just don't have an awesome rap going on in the background, with opera music, to illustrate the point. (Yokko had rocket-breasts in the movie...)
Old 2012-02-22, 10:31   Link #1791
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

To be fair, Aquarion might be silly at times, but if it was a super robot show and didn't have this silly factor, I wouldn't watch it... because I don't enjoy typical super robot shows (aimed at younger demographics) that are silly not for the sake of being silly but because that's how these shows are... if that made any sense.
Aquarion has a good balance of intentional silliness while maintaining an interesting plot imo
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 10:31   Link #1792
Xaturas

Hmmm so I will watch it for fun story, while turn off my brain completely on fight scenes. Same music every time gatai happens just make me chuckle and almost laugh, its really like those cheap weekly shows with enemy of the weak, and then hero pose after defeat.
Maybe I'll find some time to watch Rinne no Lagrange and see if its more/less dumb in fights.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:33   Link #1793
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
They might not have been orgasming, but how many shows can say they had mecha so large that they make galaxies look like dust particles? I'm pretty sure no one ever went to that scale of ludicrous. Aquarion did much the same *kick reason to the curb* they just don't have an awesome rap going on in the background, with opera music, to illustrate the point. (Yokko had rocket-breasts in the movie...)
Well, Aquarion has its own scale on that awesomeness...
Remember the Mugen Punch that cross the galaxies and close the gap between planets that is torn away?? That is awesome in someway...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 10:34   Link #1794
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Aquarion has a good balance of intentional silliness while maintaining an interesting plot imo
Speaking of, the high school hijinks needs to start wrapping up and we need to move onto developing/evolving our plot. A third of the show is done, and these triangles need some meat to them lest they end up with starved conclusions/resolutions.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:54   Link #1795
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Speaking of, the high school hijinks needs to start wrapping up and we need to move onto developing/evolving our plot. A third of the show is done, and these triangles need some meat to them lest they end up with starved conclusions/resolutions.
I know, they're sure taking their time. I can't remember if it was the same in the OS.

If this show was in any less capable hands, I'd worry, but it should be fine. After the instant-attraction between Amata and Mikono, I actually thought it was nice how they took their time with Zessica, since I generally disapprove of love at first sight kind of situations (and was thus at first skeptical of Mikono).

And you're right, I really hope we'll get some details about the actual plot soon.
Old 2012-02-22, 11:06   Link #1796
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And Evol is not even as silly as the first series, though it's slowly getting there if the past three episodes are any indication. Aquarion learning to stand and walk? Fighting using the power of jealousy? "The first time"? Gattai addiction? The power of dieting? Evol has big shoes to fill...
The original just lived off silliness. I think that's what it's most memorable for. They had so many filler episodes/scenes with just stupidity that it made its own genre.

Quote:
Well, there was Sivil in Macross 7 who orgasmed at hearing Basara's guitar, but she was a bad guy (sorta)...
Yep.

Quote:
Silliness and Awesome are two sides of the same coin

Aquarion so far has manages to balance between the silly and the serious.
So far, we don't have very serious tones in the show. But it does have a way of storytelling between the silliness. I'm fine with that.

Quote:
And that's why Aquarion EVOL made the wise decision to include girls... Lots of girls...
I wish they'd cater to girls a little. I want more hot men like Kagura.
Old 2012-02-22, 11:22   Link #1797
mayumi

i have a feeling that kawamori is going to come up with a movie or another set of OVA's after this. i don't think he will ever be really done with this series. celiane and apollonius is just a pairing that everyone wants it to have happy ending but i think they are just not supposed to.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 11:25   Link #1798
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
A little? While I know what you mean about wanting more Kagura-type characters, you can't ask them to cater to the fangirls (and boys cough) more when they're already doing just that . I mean, they've covered a huge range of male character types with Amata, Kagura, Cayenne & Shrade, Andy, Jin and Mykage. They've even thrown a fujoshi into the show for good measure lol. Heck, a certain nameless operator guy seems to be gaining a modest little fanbase, which is quite good as far as unimportant recurring nameless characters tend to fare.

EVOL is pretty much gunning for both sides of the fanbase spectrum, much more than the first series. I think it's working.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 11:26   Link #1799
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Andy W Hol will be so sad to hear you don't consider him hot XD

I like Amata, although I admit it would be nice if the other guys were a bit more appealing to female viewers.
I had such hopes for the pianist, but while amusing, Shrade not exactly what I hoped for...

not that the guys aren't all great, I like the cast as it is

edit: what Kakkou said. Except I do prefer individuals over character types, so i can understand LoveMeKags
Old 2012-02-22, 12:01   Link #1800
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
A little? While I know what you mean about wanting more Kagura-type characters, you can't ask them to cater to the fangirls (and boys cough) more when they're already doing just that . I mean, they've covered a huge range of male character types with Amata, Kagura, Cayenne & Shrade, Andy, Jin and Mykage. They've even thrown a fujoshi into the show for good measure lol. Heck, a certain nameless operator guy seems to be gaining a modest little fanbase, which is quite good as far as unimportant recurring nameless characters tend to fare.

EVOL is pretty much gunning for both sides of the fanbase spectrum, much more than the first series. I think it's working.
I get that... but I'd love it if the characters were hotter, at least some. I don't mean all characters. Heck, I would love a random hot male in the show. But I want more Kagura type characters, hot and spicy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Andy W Hol will be so sad to hear you don't consider him hot XD
I don't think Andy is hot. I prefer Shrade. Even Cayenne is hotter than Andy.

Quote:
I like Amata, although I admit it would be nice if the other guys were a bit more appealing to female viewers.
I had such hopes for the pianist, but while amusing, Shrade not exactly what I hoped for...
Well, I don't mean personalities when I say I want a hot guy in the show. Amata is cute and sexy to me but Kagura has that bad boy look. And Shrade has that cocky smirk that makes a girl melt.

But there are only three of them, which is why I'm disappointed. But I'm not upset enough to drop the show. It'd have to be a total wreck which would include personalities and horrible story for me to drop it. That would take a LOT.

Quote:
not that the guys aren't all great, I like the cast as it is
The beauty of it is we can instead vote for the hot girls, which they're plenty with the exception of one or two whom are lolis/moes.

Tags
comedy, science fiction