AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-11, 11:57   Link #161
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I'm sorry, but I just can't resist making a response to your rather uninformed skepticism, even though it's made two months ago.
And yet, I've actually seen official information from Viz in the past 2 months.

Quote:
Here is the official source you so desire.

No offense intended, but I'm afraid you're way outdated. Thirty-bloody-seven episodes announced WAY BACK in November.
9 months. It took 9 months for someone to pull that up. Not a single person I asked could pull up an official source before I saw the Viz listing for sublicensing. (And that was a couple weeks after I made that post). Since October, I have not heard a single response that was not "It was announced... somewhere" or pointing to a user generated content site.

Quote:
Everybody knows it's 37 episodes, even the wikipedia entry says it's 37 episodes for MONTHS without anyone questioning that fact, so it's more or less authentic. If it's spread from a rumour, there would have been variable numbers surrounding the three-kur season rather than a definite number of 37.
I could easily put a rumor on wikipedia and turn it into fact without it being questioned ever. It's not that hard and has been done many times. Same thing with any user content submitted site (ANN, cal.syoboi, etc). And actually, it probably had gone 37->3 kur since most sites list one or the other.
Old 2007-06-11, 20:43   Link #162
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
I could easily put a rumor on wikipedia and turn it into fact without it being questioned ever. It's not that hard and has been done many times. Same thing with any user content submitted site (ANN, cal.syoboi, etc). And actually, it probably had gone 37->3 kur since most sites list one or the other.
Well it doesn't exactly work that way on wikipedia, if an user with admin access saw it, he/she would probably lock down the article or at least moderated it. From time to time, I do find vandalism on wikipedia and I try my best to undo the damages.

Unfortunately, every time you have a user-based and submitted content site, they'll be subjected to certain amount of abuses since there are always a certain percentage of people who are malicious.
Old 2007-06-20, 20:57   Link #163
mishka

Is episode 37 gonna be a long one...like 1hour?! It'd only make sense to make it be a GRAND finale and not just another episode?!
Old 2007-06-20, 21:17   Link #164
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Is episode 37 gonna be a long one...like 1hour?! It'd only make sense to make it be a GRAND finale and not just another episode?!
Just another episode. We might still get a little extra time added, depends if they remove the OP/ED for the last episode.
Old 2007-06-23, 03:07   Link #165
hitachhin
that guy.....

Location: toowoomba but i'm moving to brizzy soon (thank god)
Send a message via MSN to hitachhin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
haa... my bad, i completely forgot this part o.O
like NoSanninWa said, it wasn't really answered for this part (which was quite weird indeed).
i suspect there is also a limit. even though you can get some life span from a dead shinigami, i guess it will be revert back to the maximum you can get with your current body and the plausible outcome.
since even with the best conditions, human body will cease function due the age, so i guess the extra life span will have no effect if the human reached the maximum allowed considering his life style (and my guess is : if the human have some factors which would normally decrease his/her original life span, it would decrease the extra life span instead. again, wild guess)

When :
First Movie : June 2006
Second Movie : November 2006

they are related, the second movie is the sequel of the former.

the first movie is quite close to the manga. i won't be able to comment the second movie though.
we don't know if Madhouse will introduce a new end or not (people thought they wouldn't be able to introduce yotsuba arc and Mellow/Near arc due the number of episodes. in the end they were wrong)

as i could read, the live action movie end is different, though the outcome is kinda similar.
No, even if a human change its name "legally", his/her original name required for DN condition is still the same. (this was specified in one "HOW TO USE" about the shinigami eyes.)
that means if Light wants to kill a wife, he would need her original name. (that is not impossible, but it is indeed really tricky)
I don't think light has encountered such situation in the manga... can anyone confirm this? my memories are kinda screwed...
umm in DEATH NOTE: HOW TO USE XIII it is said that misa dies like year or two after raito-sama at like the gae of 20 something so she doesn't live for a long time. mainly cause she halfed her life twice for raito-sama. so i'm suspecting jealos didn't do all that much.
Old 2007-06-23, 03:10   Link #166
hitachhin
that guy.....

Location: toowoomba but i'm moving to brizzy soon (thank god)
Send a message via MSN to hitachhin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thFonon View Post
Don't feel like getting them after I already saw the newer ones. I just want to know instead of going back and watching for 40 minutes.

umm pretty much raito-sama burrys one note and gives the other to rem to give to a high powered business man. you will see the point in this decision later in the series. i myself have finished it ^^
Old 2007-06-26, 03:00   Link #167
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

how long has it been since Light first found the death note? anime wise

10 years?
Old 2007-06-27, 11:59   Link #168
falling_amatsubu

Send a message via AIM to falling_amatsubu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageaholic01 View Post
how long has it been since Light first found the death note? anime wise

10 years?
I believe it has been 6 years as stated in the last episode.
can anyone confirm?
Old 2007-06-27, 13:56   Link #169
azn_mick

Hi ! I have a question in my head :
Why does Light kill Raye Penber ? Raye Penber says that there are no suspicion about Light. It's not necessary to kill him
Old 2007-06-27, 21:00   Link #170
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_mick View Post
Hi ! I have a question in my head :
Why does Light kill Raye Penber ? Raye Penber says that there are no suspicion about Light. It's not necessary to kill him
Light explains to Ryuk and later Misa that he wanted the Kira investigation to be suspicious of him to let him get close to L.

He never actually says it, but it's shown that he hates to lose and hates to yield when he thinks he is right or against any challenge. So, he couldn't ignore the FBI agents.
Old 2007-06-28, 03:01   Link #171
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

could someone explain as to how and why Mikami was outside the door in ep 36
Old 2007-06-28, 03:20   Link #172
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I've wondered for some time now. Can the Death Note actually run out of pages, by being filled up with names?
Old 2007-06-28, 11:27   Link #173
kuchiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I've wondered for some time now. Can the Death Note actually run out of pages, by being filled up with names?
Of course it could, it doesn't magically add new pages as far as I know.
Old 2007-06-29, 19:34   Link #174
Zek
Eyebrows...

How exactly do the life expectancies work? In theory, a human is guaranteed to die when his time is up and never before, unless he's killed by a note. Which would mean that humans are in some sense controlled by fate. This all makes sense normally, but how do the death notes factor into this? They obviously operate outside "fate," since heart attack by death note isn't factored into a person's life span.

In that case, is it impossible for the presence of a death note to impact someone's life span in other ways? For example, if Light were caught after killing so many people with the note, he would obviously be executed. But execution is a normal means of death that theoretically could only happen when the criminal's lifespan is up, and Light's lifespan goes on for years. If that's the case, is it safe to say that fate prevented Light from ever being caught until the end, and the people that were caught(Higuchi, Mikami) were going to die pretty soon even had they never acquired the note?

In the same sense, Light's dad died from ordinary gunfire. He made the deal for the eyes a matter of hours before his death. Can we assume that, even had Light never found the death note in the first place, his dad still would have died 6 years later?
Old 2007-06-29, 19:45   Link #175
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
How exactly do the life expectancies work? In theory, a human is guaranteed to die when his time is up and never before, unless he's killed by a note. Which would mean that humans are in some sense controlled by fate. This all makes sense normally, but how do the death notes factor into this? They obviously operate outside "fate," since heart attack by death note isn't factored into a person's life span.

In that case, is it impossible for the presence of a death note to impact someone's life span in other ways? For example, if Light were caught after killing so many people with the note, he would obviously be executed. But execution is a normal means of death that theoretically could only happen when the criminal's lifespan is up, and Light's lifespan goes on for years. If that's the case, is it safe to say that fate prevented Light from ever being caught until the end, and the people that were caught(Higuchi, Mikami) were going to die pretty soon even had they never acquired the note?

In the same sense, Light's dad died from ordinary gunfire. He made the deal for the eyes a matter of hours before his death. Can we assume that, even had Light never found the death note in the first place, his dad still would have died 6 years later?
i thought that the life span meant the maximum potential that one could live, like dying from old age.
Old 2007-06-29, 19:55   Link #176
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
i thought that the life span meant the maximum potential that one could live, like dying from old age.
No, it covers any cause of death, like Misa being stabbed by a stalker for example.
Old 2007-06-30, 07:14   Link #177
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling_amatsubu View Post
I believe it has been 6 years as stated in the last episode.
can anyone confirm?
Six years was the time that went by after Light became the new L and when Near and Mello appear to challenge him.

Quote:
could someone explain as to how and why Mikami was outside the door in ep 36
It's explained in episode 37.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
No, it can not... "How to Use: XXXI (#31): The number of pages of the Death Note will never run out."
Old 2007-06-30, 14:14   Link #178
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
How exactly do the life expectancies work?
"How to Use: XXX (#30): If you have traded the eye power of a god of death, you will see a person's primary life span in the human world."

You'll see how long they will most likely live. It apparently includes all events that occur within the human world but excludes intervention by the death note and shinigami. The lifespan is referred to as a date but it also seems to be treated as a quantity. It may be something that only shinigami know how to interpret.

Here is the evidence...

As mentioned earlier Misa's original lifespan included being stabbed by a stalker. Jealous and Rem knew her original lifespan and gathered to watch Misa's life end.

During the course of the anime series we see Light's and Misa's lifespans twice. First, when Rem was talking with Light, Misa and Ryuk in episode 14. Here Misa's lifespan was "1542306" and Light's lifespan was "93302639". Rem told Light that if Misa dies before that date then Rem would assume Light killed her and Rem would kill Light. Later, in episode 24 after the Yotsuba incident, Misa gets Ryuk as her shinigami and makes the deal for shinigami eyes a second time. When Misa goes with Ryuk to visit Light her lifespan changed to "56873", but Light's lifespan stayed the same and remained "93302639".

I don't have episode 29, but I recall that the organized crime mobsters that were part of Mello's gang had various lifespans visible. Their life expectancy did not include the death note being used to schedule their deaths. Their names and lifespans simply vanished from their photographs when they were killed by the death note. I also remember that we saw Soichiro's lifespan in episode 29 when he was in the hospital bed; it was a low number but it was not near zero when he died. I would guess that Soichiro's lifespan from the start of the series would have remained constant until he made the deal with Ryuk for shinigami eyes.

The meaning of lifespan and how it works is something that keeps getting discussed over and over in this thread. It was also discussed in the threads for episode 14, 24 and 29. What it comes down to is that the lifespan is inconsistent and if you are writing a fanfic you can pretty much use it however you wish.

Last edited by Draender; 2007-06-30 at 18:33.
Old 2007-06-30, 19:05   Link #179
cool_girl

Question

A. Is there any official site of Death Note?

I was just curious

Last edited by cool_girl; 2007-07-03 at 15:29.
Old 2007-06-30, 19:53   Link #180
Auro
Harmlessly Eccentric

Send a message via MSN to Auro
I wonder how much luck I'll have on this, can anyone tell me the correct way to write this? I tried to hunt around but still no clue...:
L: "I am L."
Light: "I am Kira."

I know L begins with "watashi wa... (Eru-desu?)
Light begins with "boku wa... (Kira desu?)
Lol the brackets mean I just gussed and have no idea - can someone correct me?

Also, I remember there was an explanation as to why even though they both say "I am" - yet they say it differently with L saying watashi and Light saying boku. Does anyone know why?
Closed Thread

Tags
childhood, deathnote, history, lawliet, past