AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-27, 22:18   Link #441
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This episode is the straw that broke the camel's back. They have come up with enough excuses to prolong the status quo of Haru and Shizuku's relationship. This is just becoming frustrating now. I managed to be OK with it up to this point, but now it's high time this series does something. The love triangle doesn't cut it for me because if they wanted to play it up, it should've been earlier.

Yeah, I mean it wasn't a bad episode, but I could not enjoy it too well with this building frustration.
No don't leave us Reckoner ;_;

If Tonari is the camel in question, I think an anvil could fall on its back and it still wouldn't break. I love this show. <3
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 22:55   Link #442
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
The ending was interesting, but how am I supposed to perceive Yamaken now? Am I supposed to see Yamaken as possibly shown signs of interest towards Mizutani, or is he just fooling with Haru's head and taking advantage of is...personality (for lack of the correct word) like last time? I mean, even he commented on his own actions and thoughts and is fumbling through with it. It would be interesting if he said it to get a reaction from Haru and get him to do something about it, but, if by the next episode or two, Yamaken comes to the conclusion that he has indeed fallen for her, it may just be the push needed to get Haru and Mizutani as an official couple.
Oh, Yamaken has definitely fallen for Mitty, there`s no mystery in how to take it for me. The issue is he`s smart enough to see the "here there be dragons" warnings on the navigational charts when it comes to getting in between Haru and Mitty, and he`s cursing himself for falling in love with someone so inconvenient.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 00:00   Link #443
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
No don't leave us Reckoner ;_;

If Tonari is the camel in question, I think an anvil could fall on its back and it still wouldn't break. I love this show. <3
Haha.

Well let me be clear here. Tonari has been one of my favorite shows of the season and has been quite excellent overall. However I feel the lack of progress in the relationship is going to start stagnating the show. This is just a more prevalent problem in shojo romcoms especially where the whole show seems to be about the formation of the romance rather and not enough about the maintenance.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 03:31   Link #444
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Haha.

Well let me be clear here. Tonari has been one of my favorite shows of the season and has been quite excellent overall. However I feel the lack of progress in the relationship is going to start stagnating the show. This is just a more prevalent problem in shojo romcoms especially where the whole show seems to be about the formation of the romance rather and not enough about the maintenance.
You're loss. I am still enjoying the ride.
Old 2012-11-28, 04:39   Link #445
MasterVampire

I kinda expected this latest episode to have Shizuku confess to haru.
But no progress STILL
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 16:08   Link #446
ginger02

Well it isn't like relationships are simple matters.

Btw does anyone have the soundtrack list on them? i really want to know the song that was playing when Haru and Yamaken are talking.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:40   Link #447
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Haha.

I guess I just see it differently.

To me they are already in a relationship, and they are going through the "maintenance" stage right. The early part of that being the figuring out of boundaries and expectations, and what is the path they are going to be on.

Mitty is a serious person, and underneath all the zaniness Haru is a pretty passionate fellow. They seem to be treating their relationship seriously rather then as just a fling that will end once they graduate or something. Naturally that slows development down.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 10:20   Link #448
Kirarakim

Normally the stagnation of the relationship would bother me too (and I've dropped many series for the same reason)

But I think what makes this series work for me is I enjoy the characters separate from the romantic element and not just Mitty & Haru but all the supporting players too.

I also really appreciate that I can still care about the other characters interested in Mitty & Haru. We know who the end couple will be but the only type of love triangle or rectangle I can appreciate is when I can care about all the characters.

I want to be happy at who gets together but I also want to feel sad for who loses out. So far Tonari is delivering in this aspect for me.
Old 2012-11-29, 13:31   Link #449
Blaat

Did they really have to portray the father as a butt-monkey loser because he isn't the bread winner at home?
Old 2012-12-03, 14:41   Link #450
EroKing

Images
Episode 10 Screenshots
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sasahara x Ooshima anyone?
Old 2012-12-03, 14:41   Link #451
RainbowMagnet

Haru taking being possesive to a new and creepy level. Dude needs to get his shit together. Don't really like Yamaken either.

This was a good episode, though I'm basically just watching this for Sasayan and Natsume now haha.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 14:44   Link #452
ookamigirl

Haru has totally lost it.
Yamaken confession to Haru about Shizuku did it thing.
Natsume was acting pretty weird too.
That Christmas party kinda went in the wrong direction..
Guess it was because of too many delinquents.
Shizuku's confession to Haru... like FINALLY!!
Haru really is the jealous type.. LOL

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 14:56   Link #453
Sakanaka Shouko

The episode was funny. Natsume put her foot in her mouth regarding Oshima, Mitty finally smiles, Yamaken owned Haru in the ending, Sasayan x Oshima is a good pair.
Old 2012-12-03, 15:00   Link #454
Blaat

I am beginning to wonder why none of the girls are crushing on Sasayan, nice guys finish last and all of that I suppose?
Old 2012-12-03, 15:14   Link #455
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I am beginning to wonder why none of the girls are crushing on Sasayan, nice guys finish last and all of that I suppose?
I was wondering that as well. Sasayan has been nicer to Ooshima in this episode alone, than Haru has ever been. Shoujo logics..
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 16:11   Link #456
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Natsume was so lovely in this episode. You could tell this was the first time she organized a party, or even attended one. It was confirmed she has completely fallen for Mi-chan, it was fun to see her get flustered around him.

Shizuku confessed once again at the same spot as last time. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this will improve her relationship with Haru. If anything, he got even more possessive and paranoid. He's starting to become scary - I seriously thought he was going to push Yamaken off the stairs, and if Shizuku hadn't interrupted, I'm afraid he would have gone through with it. He seriously needs help. Thankfully, Shizuku is a strong enough girl to not let him control her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Sasahara x Ooshima anyone?
I wouldn't mind that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
I was wondering that as well. Sasayan has been nicer to Ooshima in this episode alone, than Haru has ever been. Shoujo logics..
It's actually pretty realistic. Girls, especially at that age, are simply not attracted to the "nice guys". You need something more if you want to get them interested in you.
Old 2012-12-03, 16:54   Link #457
Blaat

Yeah Haru is also a bishounen, Sasayan isn't one (or at least I wouldn't describe him as one). I'm guessing he's the shoujo's equivalent of plain looking.
Old 2012-12-03, 18:30   Link #458
Kirarakim

From a female perspective Sasayan is not plain at all.
Old 2012-12-03, 18:36   Link #459
Dr. Casey

Representing the male perspective, I confirm. He's definitely attractive, though Blaat's probably correct that he's probably 'intended' to be average; the shoujo equivalent of Hollywood Homely.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 21:10   Link #460
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Natsume's antics were great, especially when she was trying to get Ooshima and Yamaken to stop disturbing them. Wouldn't mind Sasayan x Ooshima, though at least we know that he did give up against Mi-chan. Finally Shizuku told Haru her true feelings, though there was a catch. So Shizuku is Haru's thread, he really looked scary when he was confronting Yamaken.

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo