AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-14, 11:02   Link #101
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

As a pharmacy student i can't help but wonder what magical thing Kinji injected into Aria's heart. So far the only drug I'm aware of that you can inject into the heart for emergencies is adrenaline and that's for cardiac arrest. And I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be hyperactive afterwards.

And how did Kinji get away from Riko at the start anyway? Is she just toying with them? You know for a villian who's supposed to be one step ahead it would be great if she were Genre Sav-OMG DID SHE TURN HER CLOTHES INTO A PARACHUTE?!?!?!
Old 2011-05-14, 11:10   Link #102
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

And how did Kinji get away from Riko at the start anyway? Is she just toying with them? You know for a villian who's supposed to be one step ahead it would be great if she were Genre Sav-OMG DID SHE TURN HER CLOTHES INTO A PARACHUTE?!?!?!
she did she did!

And yes, she's just toying with them

Remember when Riko said that Kinji's brother was in EU and if she doesn't stop Kinji will kill her. Riko replied that she still need kinji as a butei and a butei he is. He did run after Aria and ended up as a partner to her.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:10   Link #103
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As a pharmacy student i can't help but wonder what magical thing Kinji injected into Aria's heart. So far the only drug I'm aware of that you can inject into the heart for emergencies is adrenaline and that's for cardiac arrest. And I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be hyperactive afterwards.

Alright, that post made me laugh.

Razzo: Razzo-a compound of Epinephrine and Morphine. It acts as an adrenaline rush and anesthesia, a drug meant to bring a comrade back to life.

I suppose that she was toying with them, 'tis what's implied, anyways.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:17   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Morphine used as an anaesthetic will make you unconscious, not regain consciousness. I think you mean analgesic (in which case she may feel drowsy and also very weak after the adrenaline). And I don't think it's wise to inject it into the heart and both drugs together.

And just so everyone's on the same page, Epinephrine = Adrenaline.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:26   Link #105
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I wasn't giving an explanation, that's what was written in the light novel ^^

I'm not studying medicine like you, so I would have no idea. I took it at face value, Adrenaline=Kicker, Morphine=Painkiller.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:28   Link #106
Zakoo

I just learnt that we can't pronounce the 'h'. Such a tragedy.

Well otherwise, the Riko eyecatch was pretty good hehe, funny episode, the face of jinji when Riko talks about his nii-san is just awesome.

Now I have to say it ... COME JEA...
Old 2011-05-14, 11:30   Link #107
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
I wasn't giving an explanation, that's what was written in the light novel ^^

I'm not studying medicine like you, so I would have no idea. I took it at face value, Adrenaline=Kicker, Morphine=Painkiller.
I know, I'm just saying because I know I'd like to know such things aswell.

Anyway, it was a decent episode I guess. It's interesting that his interest in Aria and his appreciation for Butei wasn't enough to overlook the fact that he doesn't want to be a Butei (but ofcourse we all know what's going to happen anyway so lets just see how it rolls)

Last edited by Haak; 2011-05-14 at 11:57.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:58   Link #108
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I hope you're wrong about aria being the winner. That said, if there is a romantic ending, she will win. Bank on it. Either that, or they'll just do a reboot like what is so common in anime nowadays.
Of course she'll win. She got the first kiss after all and now she's Kin-chan's official partner. And I mean, just look at the ED credits.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:59   Link #109
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

You never know.... Shuffle! proves that the first girl does not always get to win.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:07   Link #110
tsunade666

plus look at the director who likes original ending.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:09   Link #111
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
You never know.... Shuffle! proves that the first girl does not always get to win.
That's because the least polarizing one won so that the DVD would sell. First kiss usually wins. Aria is also the female MC.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:12   Link #112
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

What about Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka.

Granted, I didn't watch the anime, I only played er...visual novel, but I heard that that was the Minato ending.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:58   Link #113
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Aria is also the female MC.
That's also a dead-giveaway. XD Do love interest MCs ever NOT get together when there is an official ending to a series?
I might be jumping to conclusions here (because I haven't read the manga or novels) but from what the anime has given us so far, Aria seems like the only girl Kin-chan has actual chemistry with and genuine interest in....so far, at least. He doesn't seem to be into Shirayuki other than a friend and I'd see anything involving Riko pretty much impossible now, since she's his enemy.
Old 2011-05-14, 13:06   Link #114
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As I explained, the pronunciation in French isn't far from English, although the H is generally mute when saying it. Arguably, you wouldn't say "all mess" at all.
Yeah, but Riko does make prouncing like that sound fairly good . Of course since I long forgot any French I was taught can't feel as bothered by how the language got treated .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
she did she did!

And yes, she's just toying with them

Remember when Riko said that Kinji's brother was in EU and if she doesn't stop Kinji will kill her. Riko replied that she still need kinji as a butei and a butei he is. He did run after Aria and ended up as a partner to her.
I'm sure she wanted to give them a chance to regroup and get the fight that she really wanted. While she was able to get a win over Aria in a 1 on 1 fight her goal was to win in the same kind of situation as her great-grandfather. Which meant going up against Holmes and her partner working together.

But anyways, I'm still amazed by the whole uniform parachute thing. Together with the explosives and you have one memorable escape .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Of course she'll win. She got the first kiss after all and now she's Kin-chan's official partner. And I mean, just look at the ED credits.
I'm sure things will work out for Aria. She's the female lead character, it's named after her, and the kind of adaptation it is probably helps.

Quote:
What about Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka.

Granted, I didn't watch the anime, I only played er...visual novel, but I heard that that was the Minato ending.
I think the fact that this was a visual novel can explain the difference. With the novel there would only be one ending so if the series does well and sequels follow along then we should probably hit an Aria ending. With a visual novel they've got more endings to pick from so it wouldn't necessarily mean the expected female lead would win.
Old 2011-05-14, 13:07   Link #115
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's aria. Bet on it. Especially for the actor allusion.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-05-14, 13:24   Link #116
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Shuffle is also an er...visual novel, which I've also played.
Old 2011-05-14, 13:59   Link #117
tsunade666

shuffle didn't end with either god or demon and akane-iro didn't end with yuuhi (I think it's yuuhi the name of the girl which is his fiance... but not sure ( though in it's ova yuuhi is the girlfriend and not the little sister) )

Aria can end what ever the director wants it to end with.

Though I can see an ending of Aria but from a novel perspective reader. I only see him quitting butei and living a normal life.
Old 2011-05-14, 14:14   Link #118
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Shuffle is also an er...visual novel, which I've also played.
All the precaution free fun, none of the fatherhood.

All hail "Visual Novels!!"
Old 2011-05-14, 14:56   Link #119
tsunade666

I can understand a bit with shuffle because the race there in love points are all going steady though it did a huge turn of events in the near end. As for akane-iro... it did a curve ball that turn 180 degrees. I didn't even see a imouto ending in an anime at all -_-

Here Aria has the largest chances but given the premises from the preview of episode. Up to episode 8 will be vol 2 so..... still 4 and 1 dvd/bluray episode left

they can go for an anime original but I hate to see that happening.

EDIT:

this is not a thread for this discussion.

I will go back to Aria and Kinji. Shirayuki finally showing a yandere move. And she really will cut down Aria. Not some type of tsundere that just got jealous and show negative emotion. Shirayuki will really cut down her rivals. And that's dangerous.
Old 2011-05-14, 15:48   Link #120
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
@tsanade666: But that's what we look forward to, right? Things gettin' a little hairy when Shirayuki starts swinging that katana at every girl on the block because they bothered to glance at Kinji.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Closed Thread