Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-16, 08:12   Link #1
Sinanju
Koroshiya

Looking for a anime that would make me cry xD

As the topic says I'm looking for a really, really sad anime . Could be whatever from a drama to a bullied child, doesnt matter ^^;;

Suggestions are greatly appriciated
Old 2006-05-16, 10:13   Link #2
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Grave of Fireflies. Have fun

Hmm... Air (TV). Have more fun

Edit: Ah, yes, I remember another one. Saikano.

Last edited by npal; 2006-05-16 at 12:03.
Old 2006-05-16, 11:35   Link #3
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Hm, you want to cry? That's...depressing, lol.

Let's see. What have I seen that's made me cry or get teary eyed?

*goes through half his list...finding nothing* Umm, lol, apparently I haven't seen many, or I'm not remembering the series well enough.

Major S1. Definitely makes you sad during the beginning of the series. After ep 6 or so it picks up the cheerfulness, but I guess you could watch 6 eps if you want to cry.

Now and then, here and there. This is a powerful story. Very emotional at numerous points. It really makes you feel for what the characters are going through.

Rurouni Kenshin - Samurai X: Reminiscence. You may have already seen this though, seeing as how it's ridiculously popular.

Blah, went through my entire list and that's all I could really find. I don't watch many sad shows. I like being happy.
Old 2006-05-16, 12:48   Link #4
Sinanju
Koroshiya

@npal:
Grave of Fireflies: Is there only a live action movie?
Air: Saw a couple episodes, didn't like it ^^;;
Saikano: Seems to be worth checking out, thanks alot ;>

@Xinil:
Yea, I've only "cried", rather teary-eyed as you said, to 1 other anime before and it is very far from drama or anything, Prince of Tennis final episode when he's in the end of fighting Tezuka ;> Want to see if theres any other anime that can get me that emotional ^^;;

Major: Seen it, it's abit sad yeah but far, far, faaar away from shredding tears ;>

Now and then, here and there: I'll check that out, even though it seems to me be more fantasy etc

Kenshin: You're right, I've seen it ;>

Thanks alot for the replies ^^;;
Old 2006-05-16, 13:02   Link #5
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Grave of Fireflies was an anime, you can buy it I think, otherwise it's hard to find. I wasn't talking about the live action, although that, too, is sad.

Well, Air is at its peak in the 3 last episodes, so if you can watch up to there, feel free.
Old 2006-05-16, 16:11   Link #6
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Without a doubt.

Elfen Lied did something to me...I'm not quite sure what, though.
Old 2006-05-16, 18:22   Link #7
jedinat

Full Moon wo Sagashite
Figure 17 - Tsubasa & Hikaru
Fruits Basket
Gungrave

Haven't seen these in a while, so I can't say for certain how tear inducing they will be for you, but I remember all of them had their sad points.
The first one is definitely the wettest.
Old 2006-05-16, 19:41   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I haven't really cried in an anime - but I was teary-eyed in Cowboy Bebop. I think Kimi ga Nozomu Eien can also make you cry. Shingetsutan Tsukihime is a sad one, although your mileage may vary because it's an implied sadness. Elfen Lied, well, let's just say it's among the best and saddest anime of all time.
Old 2006-05-16, 19:48   Link #9
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Cried for every single minute of the series

Gunslinger
very touching, and it brought me a strange tickling feeling down my cheek
Old 2006-05-16, 21:52   Link #10
DarthAndy

Send a message via MSN to DarthAndy
I didn't find Elfen Lied tear-dropping at all. The gory scenes, even though they were supposed to be serious, made me laugh , especially in ep 2 or 3 when the guy was writhing around on the ground yelling "ILL KILL U DIE DIE."

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was awesome though. It almost made cut my wrists because the whole plot is so emo.
Old 2006-05-17, 01:30   Link #11
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Air made me cry something crazy, as did the original Ah! My Goddess OVA.
Old 2006-05-17, 01:35   Link #12
Juan Valdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuzu
Air made me cry something crazy, as did the original Ah! My Goddess OVA.
I personally found the Air movie to be more affecting. That's just me though. Air TV was pretty moving too.
Old 2006-05-17, 12:03   Link #13
miaka

Full Metal Alchemist - despite of being a comedy, some scenes are so sad.
Hikaru no Go - the latter part of the series has lots of dramatic scene like for ex. the scene Sai disappeared ...
Old 2006-05-18, 02:27   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAndy
I didn't find Elfen Lied tear-dropping at all. The gory scenes, even though they were supposed to be serious, made me laugh , especially in ep 2 or 3 when the guy was writhing around on the ground yelling "ILL KILL U DIE DIE."

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien was awesome though. It almost made cut my wrists because the whole plot is so emo.
Forget Elfen Lied.

What really will make you cry and feel compassion for the characters as they progress confronting the harsh reality of what humans stupidly engage to known as war will always be Saikano.

Saikano, a.k.a. The Last Song of Love on This Little Planet, is the ultimate love-drama story about Chise and Shuji who at the beginning establish themselves as girlfriend and boyfriend.
However, their whole world is frighteningly rocked as Chise unknowingly was turned into Japan's ultimate weapon.

Saikano deals about Shuji and Chise's relationship, as both try to cope with the increasing changes within Chise's body. Each change provokes on Chise to carry tremendous powers to obliterate entire forces.
As you progress in the anime, you'll witness how much Chise's drawn to forcefully participate in the battlefront. How each physical change eats away a part of her humanity as the machine continues to takeover while Chise desperately struggles to cling on the very thing that gives her hope: her unconditional love for Shuji.
Shuji's reactions to Chise's changes will be both natural and expected as well, however, he will commit to even the impossible to prevent his love of Chise from faltering.

You're going to cry aloud witnessing how both Yuuji and Chise fail to protect each of their friends and relatives, as they inevitably die in the fires of war. However, you're going to burst out in tears of happiness as you witness how the couple's love for each other manages to endure and survive all the disastrous calamities all the way to the end.

Saikano teaches about the frail but never faltering love that makes us human.

There's no such thing as good or evil in this story. The context of war is used as backdrop to propel and heighten the love and drama factor of this series, however, it is left totally ambiguous and irrelevant to the premise of this anime.

And if that makes you cry, then wait until you listen to both the opening and ending theme songs. They'll remain close to your heart.

The ending is the most memorable in anime history on par with both End of Evangelion and Akira.

Elfen Lied? Pfft... It pales in comparison to Saikano.
Old 2006-05-18, 13:14   Link #15
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Likely (guys included):

Kanon
KGNE
Air
Saikano

Maybe:

Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Da Capo (1st Season)
Gundam SEED (1 and 2, some scenes)
Naruto (some scenes)
Old 2006-05-19, 16:38   Link #16
Soka-chan

I'm not a "cry sort of person", however, I cried while watching Fullmetal Alchemist.You can laugh your head off with one chapter and feel incredibly down the next.

Also cried with the "Mama's day" chapter in DNAngel.But that's just me and the good relationship I have with my mother^^

The worst, however, was when seeing Ai no Kusabi.If you don't like yaoi, don't watch it, but I've never cried so ahrd in my entire life.
Old 2006-05-20, 17:23   Link #17
Gackt=good

Gravitation, definately Gravitation
(be aware: shounen ai)
Closed Thread