AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2005-12-28, 08:43   Link #441
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Man, of all the times for my TV to go broken. No footy for me this week.

Read the reports of Liverpool v Newcastle, amazed that Owen is completely missing from the score sheet, while Liverpool had like 20+ shots. That'll show what Owen has walked away from. I'll still welcome him when he chooses to return after the World Cup. And I just can't believe what the media is doing to Peter Crouch. When he couldn't score, they berate him, and when he does, they credit it as a goalkeeper own goal. So what do they want!? Even Crouch exclaims "Are people trying to take my goals away from me?"

Chelsea just refuses to lose points, we just have to wait and see what happens by the New Year. Now for the Merseyside derby as the Champions of Europe faces the self-styled Best Team in Liverpool.
It's not exactly the media though. I mean believe it or not there is actually a "dubious goals" panel, who decide who should be awarded any dubious goals. By dubious I mean goals that sometimes get deflected in, own goals etc.... It seems they decided that the second goal against Newcastle was an own goal by Shay Given. How they came to that decision I don't know.

Personally I don't see why they(the media) single out Crouch for loads of criticism but then the fact is they'll jump on the backs of any out of form striker e.g. last year it was all about how poor Van Nistelrooy was and how his heart was set on a move to Madrid for the summer. This year there's been nothing related to that side of things yet because he's hitting the back of the net more consistently. On the other side of things, Crouch's goalscoring record at Liverpool has been poor and that is one of the main things you look for in a striker, that said the rest of his game has been fantastic such as his touch, his passing and general presence on the pitch.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 10:54   Link #442
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I really don't give a damn if Crouch ended up not scoring for the whole season as long as Liverpool is winning.

Just his mere presence tips the balance in Liverpool's favour as the opposition defence gets destabalized by his height and aerial control near the goal, this allows him to head the ball into perfectly unmanned positions for his striking partner, be it Morientes, Luis Garcia or Cisse to sneak in.

That third "offside" against Sao Paulo was the best example of that, if Crouch was sent on earlier, Liverpool might have got a goal that won't be disallowed, no matter how blind the linesman can be. But I guess Benites needed to rest Crouch for these four tough Xmas fixures.

Yet all the media talks about is his inability to score. It's as if he's being forcefully tagged as mere "striker" whose job is to score goals and nothing else, he's definately more than a "striker" in the modern sense.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 04:01   Link #443
real folk blues..

wassup?
i'm very relieved about this.. see that?
money can't buy you thierry henry
even fame can't get you this guy
definite success? was there ever such a term?
this guy is a gunner through and through.. wish there were more players like him.
i can name a few though- raul gonzalez, paolo maldini and javier zanetti. they play for the club because they love it. isn't that what its all about?
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 12:32   Link #444
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
. isn't that what its all about?
Indeed that's what it should be about. But alot of players say one thing, then almost immediately jump in the car to go a meeting with another club

Most shocking result IMO: Nuneaton 1 - 1 Middlesborough. Nuneaton are non-league FFS! No real shocking results, though there are still a few games to left to play.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 14:31   Link #445
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Since my cable operator doesn't have FA Cup coverage (it has the Premiership, which is more than enough, while it's rival has the Champions League and FA Cup), I have to read the Luton vs Liverpool game on the internet.

And OMFG, this is just as much a heart attacking roller coaster ride like that Champions League final. And this is just reading the internet commentary.

First Liverpool leads 1-0, then they trail 1-2 by half time.
Then after half time Cisse missed a penalty, and then Liverpool concedes a penalty to them instead, trailing 1-3.
Then Benitez brings on Sinama-Pongolle and he becomes Liverpool's savior, scoring just minutes to bring back to 2-3, and after Alonso's equaliser making it 3-3, Sinama-Pongolle scores to restore the lead to 4-3.
Then Alonso finished Luton off in stoppage time to make it 5-3.

I've got to see the highlights for this...OMFG...
Old 2006-01-08, 03:26   Link #446
Pinklynx

Send a message via MSN to Pinklynx
Yay Gunners for the FA Cup.Well,the season is only halfway in the Prem but the numpties over at BBC 606 are complaining already. Wheres the belief from new fans (as in fans who jumped into the bandwagon) only after the unbeaten run.
I may be 15 but I have been supporting the club since 1996(my first club to support) when things aren't as rosy as now(actually I'm in no position to speak,there are many out there who have been Gooners for 60+ years).

And TH14 won't leave.Juan Laporta over at the Nou Camp can dream all he wants.Henry is staying.Arsenal(Well,Arsene Wenger)are the ones who took him from Juventus and moulded him from an unhappy player into a world-class striker.Plus,his missus is British I think.
Pinklynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 06:04   Link #447
nobuz

The best goals of 2005 video

enjoy guys

video link : http://www.soccerfanatics.net/dlvideo/misc_6194938l.avi

alot of nice video there i really like the website
nobuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 09:49   Link #448
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I know the English tabloids, especially the Sun, makes up loads of rubbish football news just to sell, but this is really going too far.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...355276&cc=4716

They had a reporter disguised as an Arab oil sheikh interested in buying Aston Villa. Then trick Erikksson into meeting with him and have him promise to leave England and manage Aston Villa if England win the World Cup.

How can the English tabloids stoop so low as to destabalise the morale of their own country's football team in a World Cup year just to sell their papers? It's no wonder no one wants to be England manager with rubbish newspapers like that.
Old 2006-01-15, 09:54   Link #449
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

I think this sums up yesterday quite well. I just couldn't believe it when I saw it Liverpool also won 1 - 0 over Spurs

Also Sven may quit after World Cup IF England win it. More Anti-Sven crap will be posted in the British tabloids over the next fews days.

/Edit: See above The guy's been doing it for some time and has caught others out too.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 03:54   Link #450
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
I got something that will make you guys laugh like crazy, though i need to upload it. Its a wma format, where could i upload it....
________
Harley-Davidson Model 11

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:54.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 07:13   Link #451
real folk blues..

here?
arsenal, 7-0 v middlesbrough!! if only we could play better against man u and chelsea..then i'd be really joyous.. for now, while slightly elated, i'm not overly ecstatic about it.
Old 2006-01-16, 07:28   Link #452
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
How can the English tabloids stoop so low as to destabalise the morale of their own country's football team in a World Cup year just to sell their papers? It's no wonder no one wants to be England manager with rubbish newspapers like that.
This was my first thought as well, the World Cup is months away, I'm sure Eriksson and the English national team would be better off focusing on that. The tabloids keep complaining about results, maybe they should start realizing they may be part of that problem.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 13:09   Link #453
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Some interesting new signings of players

Arsenal:
Vasiriki Abou Diaby from Auxerre

Chelsea:
Portugal's Maniche

Man Utd:
Nemanja Vidic & Patrice Evra

Liverpool:
Daniel Agger & Jan Kromkamp
-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
Ok I found a way to upload it and here it is. If you love Chelsea, you will love this.

http://d30.yousendit.com/F/2D4UFKLDB...9/giftjose.wma
________
Medical marijuana patients

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:54.
Old 2006-01-24, 17:30   Link #454
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

HOLY SHIT. Did anyone see the Arsenal vs. Wigan game for the semi-final of the Carling Cup?

Arsenal looked to win it, but Wigan got a last minute equalizer, LAST MINUTE!!!! Like at 119min. Damn, they win on aggregate by 2-2 with away goals. Congrats Wigan...
________
Marijuana strains

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:59.
Old 2006-01-25, 07:35   Link #455
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Eriksson finally can't stand it and decides to leave after the World Cup. Perhaps it's about time or he'll go crazy with reporters disguised as all sorts of people again.

I kind of fancy Guus Hiddink, PSV and Australia manager taking over England, I like his style of football. He managed to rebuild PSV after selling a lot of players last summer, not to mention his international pedigree as Holland and South Korea coach, as well as taking the Aussies to the WC for the first time in 32 years.

He's used to media pressure when he was at Real Madrid, but the English tabloids will be a different story.

And speaking of the Man Utd v Liverpool game last week, for the first time in I don't remember how long, I'm not so devastated of losing to Man Utd as much as in the past, I'm still gutted at losing of course, but I feel it is Liverpool that has more hope than Man Utd at the moment.
Old 2006-02-10, 14:00   Link #456
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

holy crap. Did anyone see the Egypt v Ivory Coast for the Final of the African Cup?

Biggest bullshit ever. The referee should die.

Congrats to Egypt winning...
________
Hearing Disorders Advice

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:03.
Old 2006-02-19, 02:40   Link #457
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Woot~~~ Finally Liverpool beat Man U in the FA Cup for the first time in 85 years, and that makes up for the undeserved last minute league defeat at Old Trafford. Well, good luck to United winning their only chance for trophies: the League Cup.

And despite hating United, I'm not so evil as to wish anyone get injured (besides Oscar-nominee Arjen Robben), so here's hoping Alan Smith gets well soon from that horrid injury he sustained.

Champions League resumes this week, man I'm getting excited. So many crunch matches to pick and watch.
Old 2006-02-19, 04:14   Link #458
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Woot~~~ Finally Liverpool beat Man U in the FA Cup for the first time in 85 years, and that makes up for the undeserved last minute league defeat at Old Trafford. Well, good luck to United winning their only chance for trophies: the League Cup.

And despite hating United, I'm not so evil as to wish anyone get injured (besides Oscar-nominee Arjen Robben), so here's hoping Alan Smith gets well soon from that horrid injury he sustained.

Champions League resumes this week, man I'm getting excited. So many crunch matches to pick and watch.

yeah was a great game, tbh ManU where all over the place and you could tell they where getting fustrated by the end of the first half, Liverpool deserved to win great play from them and crouch, legend.
Smith apparently has a knee and ankle injury =[
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 04:22   Link #459
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Stupid forum downtime in the middle of a Champions League week.

The biggest "shocker" has to be Henry's goal against Real Madrid, making Arsenal the first English team to beat Real in the Bernabeu.

Then there's the seven goal thriller between Werder Bremen and Juventus. That sure was exciting.

AC Milan and Bayern are evenly balanced at 1-1, though Bayern should've killed Milan off instead of defending their lead.

And the tie of the round, Chelsea vs Barca. Chelsea's luck has finally run dry as Del Horno is sent off for a lunge at Barca's Messi, Academy-award nominee Arjen Robben was lucky to remain behind after trying to aim for Messi's thigh before Messi eventually got bumped sky high for Del Horno. Eto'o's vital away goal gives Barca the edge, but it's not over till the second leg.

And Liverpool's last gasp defeat (again on set pieces) means a possible classic tie at Anfield is being set up.

Tomorrow will feature the League Cup final, Manchester United's last chance for a trophy, against the wonder team Wigan.
Old 2006-02-25, 05:32   Link #460
real folk blues..

again, while arsenal played pretty well, madrid were woeful. i'm cautiously optimistic about this tie. on another note though, cesc was awesome in the match, "man" of the match for me on this one.
barca v chelsea, i'm sick and tired of moanrinho.. it's just stupid..yeah sure it's a good game if it were 11v11.. but the referee didn't ruin the match, asier del horno deserved the red for me. but i think the referee should've given him two yellow cards instead of the straight red, one for the initial hack on messi's knee, and of course, the sending off incident. but messi though, what a player he is aye?

Tags
football, soccer