AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-23, 11:45   Link #1801
poko-kun

Even I love Kou and Aoba so much, but... I love Azuma too.
That's hard to choose. ;____;
Old 2009-11-23, 13:23   Link #1802
Nosauz

blargh nvm, still somewhat subpar episode, not enough baseball

but i do have to say they need to bring back the second ed, this one is alright but the second one is sooo much better.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:17   Link #1803
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitch View Post
(along with an Akaishi x Akane development)
Veto'd so hard.

I don't really mind who Kou ends up with. Aoba, Akane, Momiji, it's all good.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 16:53   Link #1804
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Veto'd so hard.

I don't really mind who Kou ends up with. Aoba, Akane, Momiji, it's all good.
X_X, no akane would be such a cop out, bascially a slap to all the development for aoba. I mean even though Azuma likes aoba, he knows and pretty much everybody around those 2 know what the deal is. I do hope aikaishi can end up happy considering Adachi tends to forget that his "ugly" characters do fall in love too.
Old 2009-11-23, 17:40   Link #1805
CWW
Lurker

Clearly the answer is polygamy.
Old 2009-11-23, 18:20   Link #1806
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

I might be old-fashioned but I am still rather perplexed when people mention pairing a teenage boy on his way to enter college with a child in sixth grade, especially in a manga which is rather realistic and conservative about such topics.
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 21:49   Link #1807
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Thumbs up Another entertaining episode

Sometimes those episode previews can be misleading. Ex. Red String of Fate for Episode 33 turned out to be for Kou-Aoba instead of Kou-Akane

Overall, I really enjoyed this slice of life type of episode, I give it a 3 out of 4 stars (Excellent). I wrote a short review here with a multiple choice poll for your favorite couples of the series, since this episode introduced some possible pairings in the future. Feel free to vote on it if you feel strongly about a certain couple.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 22:04   Link #1808
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I probably should've qualified why I thought it was an odd pairing. Azuma just seems way too mature and basically sees the world in a whole nother light. It might work with Akane (as random as that pairing would be), but I just don't see it with Aoba.

Besides, I think Azuma might sense something brewing between Kou and Aoba anyway, given his "knowing" comments. But then again, I've been wrong on practically everything else in the show, so why not add another notch to the belt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
blargh nvm, still somewhat subpar episode, not enough baseball
Yeah, the show definitely feels a bit lacking without that baseball element there. The final stretch is almost upon us, so that'll probably change real soon.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 22:07   Link #1809
Nosauz

isn't it obvious? aoba loves kitamura, not only that but her sister knew too. Im thinking that she loved wakaba a lot and when she died those feelings just transfered to the thing wakaba loved the most. Still her character really does suffer, as Azuma has stated before
Old 2009-11-23, 22:15   Link #1810
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh - Momiji has a boyfriend before Aoba does. Wait - Momiji has a what now?

That was a very good episode, but unsettling. I enjoyed the guy moment between Kou and Azuma in the beginning, Senda's odyssey, and especially Azuma's speech to Aoba. But that was also the unsettling part. In a way, I can see an Azuma-Aoba possibility being the instigator to finally force Kou to confront his feelings - just as the Kou-Akane potential could for Aoba. For all his bluster Mountain Boy is no threat, and Kou knows it. But Azuma, now - that's a threat. He's formidable. But Kou can't really have any resentment unless he has something to be resentful about - which he doesn't, if he has no feelings for Aoba. This could certainly drive a major wedge between he and Azuma, too. And as for Akane as a threat and a catalyst for Aoba's introspection, well - that's obvious.

I'll say this as a non-manga reader, to those who doubt the notion of an Azuma/Aoba pairing. This ep made me watch the ED in a whole new light. Watch it carefully - pay special attention to the sequence of "snapshots", especially who each one is staring at. It's a guess, but I think there may be a roadmap of the second half of the series in there.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 22:18   Link #1811
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Besides, I think Azuma might sense something brewing between Kou and Aoba anyway, given his "knowing" comments. But then again, I've been wrong on practically everything else in the show, so why not add another notch to the belt?
Azuma is another hard to read character as well. He could just very well be being a good friend and all by giving Aoba encouraging words. Then again it started snowing when those two were together, which may or may not make a difference, so I'm not really sure either.
Old 2009-11-23, 22:22   Link #1812
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This could certainly drive a major wedge between he and Azuma, too.
Eh, I don't see Azuma getting involved with such petty matters as angst.

Quote:
And as for Akane as a threat and a catalyst for Aoba's introspection, well - that's obvious.
I'm actually quite surprised with how the Aoba-Kou-Akane triangle is playing out atm. I was expecting the ol' tropes of the genre, but Aoba is actually being quite playful and okay about the whole thing.

Old 2009-11-23, 22:27   Link #1813
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And we all know Aoba's public face always reflects her internal feelings...
Old 2009-11-23, 22:31   Link #1814
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
I'll say this as a non-manga reader, to those who doubt the notion of an Azuma/Aoba pairing. This ep made me watch the ED in a whole new light. Watch it carefully - pay special attention to the sequence of "snapshots", especially who each one is staring at. It's a guess, but I think there may be a roadmap of the second half of the series in there.
I just noticed that this episode too. Putting the pairings on the ED is subtle. However if we go by that, at the end there is only one...
Old 2009-11-23, 22:36   Link #1815
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Your mouth to Adachi's ear!
Old 2009-11-23, 22:45   Link #1816
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And we all know Aoba's public face always reflects her internal feelings...
When it doesn't, we're usually shown the character's true feeling. However, we've been given no indication of it being otherwise at the moment.

Old 2009-11-23, 22:47   Link #1817
Nosauz

I'm sorry but anything but a aobaxkou ending would be punishment to those characters. I'm pretty sure if wakaba was alive even if kou is still as devoted, there would be something eating at him to look at aoba differently. I mean the episode where aoba reports to kitamura about akane and what school she goes too, her telling him it's his duty to beat azuma... kitamura telling her how awesome that pitcher was
Old 2009-11-23, 23:02   Link #1818
CWW
Lurker

Wait wait wait wait wait. Wait. Aoba hasn't showed any affection towards Kou in the past. Not to anyone with the lone exception of Wakaba. What makes people think this is going to change in the foreseeable future? Her goal is clear. To help Seishu get into Koshien.

Aoba isn't in the phase of her life to start thinking about dating. Case in point: She wasn't the slightest bit agitated when Kou helped Akane out. Sure, she teased him a bit, which is normal considering their feud. There wasn't any malicious intent behind it.

I'm not against the main pairing or anything. Just pointing out that anyone who expects that future pairings will surface in the next few weeks could be sorely disappointed.
Old 2009-11-23, 23:05   Link #1819
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Aoba isn't in the phase of her life to start thinking about dating. Case in point: She wasn't the slightest bit agitated when Kou helped Akane out. Sure, she teased him a bit, which is normal considering their feud. There wasn't any malicious intent behind it.
Wait what? Aoba clearly doesn't mind having akane there, but still there is heavy amounts to Kou x Aoba hints from other characters and from the two who seem to be oblivious at the current moment. Take Yuuhei's damn advice.
Old 2009-11-23, 23:12   Link #1820
CWW
Lurker

So other people encouraging them to get it on means they should? Methinks they can think for themselves.

Anyone who thinks it's going to be any pairing but Kou and Aoba is delusional, but I just don't see it happening in the course of an episode or two.

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports