AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 12 [FINALE] Rating
Perfect 10 80 41.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 10.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 11.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.51%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 2.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.51%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-20, 01:03   Link #181
hai_san

God wtf with all these pointless discussion ...

Anyway this EP was super!!! 100 out of 10. I really like and the 2 insert songs, they were great.

Chibi-Yui and Nodoka

btw the troll about being last ep [Finale]... good thing it didnt happen still more K-ON coming.
Old 2009-06-20, 01:11   Link #182
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post

On the subject of character development, I've actually grown used to the idea of shows where characters don't have drastic changes in their personality. Actually, in some cases I think it's a good thing.
But again Yui implied at the end of the episode that she felt she had changed through her experience with the K-On club which is my absolute biggest beef with the episode and that people seem to be ignoring. Why if this series is supposed to be one where people don't change or develop much (which I agree is the case) does her monologue imply that she did and take up at least 5 minutes at that. I simply can't rationalize that.
Old 2009-06-20, 01:27   Link #183
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
But again Yui implied at the end of the episode that she felt she had changed through her experience with the K-On club which is my absolute biggest beef with the episode and that people seem to be ignoring. Why if this series is supposed to be one where people don't change or develop much (which I agree is the case) does her monologue imply that she did and take up at least 5 minutes at that. I simply can't rationalize that.
Again, my take, stated simply...

Before (episode 1): No club, no purpose, no passion, no sense of belonging. (Sort of like a rudderless ship.)
After (episode 12): Found club, found friends, through those found purpose, passion & sense of belonging

It's not as though she fundamentally changed her personality (as she said to the band, she's been a clumsy nuisance since day one, and as her friend's illustration showed she's always been the "passionate type"), but what she lacked before was a sense of direction. Through her participation in the club, she was able to find something she was passionate about, and it gave her a sense of purpose. I think that's "character development", but maybe not in some of the more traditional senses.
Old 2009-06-20, 01:53   Link #184
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ad hominem here, ad hominem there, ad hominem everywhere!

This isn't Gamefaqs goddammit.

But... fine I'll bite: I still love this show even I've downgraded it from a B to a C.

The Good:
1. Yui Hirasawa, Goddess of Rock.
2. Some parts are genuinely touching, some genuinely funny.
3. In some episodes you can really feel the bond between the characters.
4. Yui Hirasawa, Goddess of Rock.
5. Their first performance was this close to being completely epic.
6. Yui Hirasawa, Goddess of Fucking Rock.

The Bad:
1. Excess moewhoring, even for a moe show.
2. Not that moewhoring is intrinsically bad, it becomes bad when you only whore one character when you have like an entire cast you could use.
3. Most repeated gags at some point transformed from a "LOL" to a "lolwut?" after repeated use.
4. Animation fluctuates a lot.
5. The moemoe parts at the beginning actually had a lot of development and point, nearing the end practically none.
6. Being a band and a group of friends I'd expect enough focus and development for everyone, but I guess not.
7. Not enough Yui Hirasawa, Goddess of Rock.
Old 2009-06-20, 02:02   Link #185
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
6. Yui Hirasawa, Goddess of Fucking Rock.
HARBRINGER OF DEATH

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-06-20, 02:17   Link #186
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
HARBRINGER OF DEATH

Gotta love the long-lasting impact left by School Days in the Anime community LOL

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

Old 2009-06-20, 02:31   Link #187
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If death by Les Paul is the requirement to be her electronic love slave of doom, it is a small price to pay.
Old 2009-06-20, 02:33   Link #188
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Yui, the Goddess? Lord, that means Mio is the Creator!
Old 2009-06-20, 02:37   Link #189
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I think I'm starting to understand why I post less and less on these forums nowadays. Every other popular subforum is tending towards becoming not unlike the Code Geass ones, with the negative-players being so strident about their negativity that Zetsubou-sensei would have a field day....and with certain people happily being a negative-player here even when they've gotten their fair share of grief from negative-players from other subforums without even realizing the inherent hypocrisy.

But, you know. That's the Internet for you. That's ASuki for you.
Amen to that.
Old 2009-06-20, 02:39   Link #190
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Zetsubo-shita!!

Now, if Itoshiki and his class gets to spend a term over at Sakurako....
Old 2009-06-20, 05:48   Link #191
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

A wonderful finale for the After School Tea Time band.

It's hard to believe that 12 weeks of K-On is now over, of course there's a special extra episode next week, though the current story more or less ends here.

Ui-chan loves her sister so much she's willing to do anything for her, including kissing, er, I mean, giving Yui CPR, and impersonating Yui. Ui really does resemble Yui with her hair down, but I never knew she possesses bigger "assets" than her sister. Sawa-chan's power of observation is not to be underestimated.

Good to see they've changed the story a bit, Yui's illness meant that the band didn't play as well as expected in the manga, but this being the last episode, Kyo-Ani decided to make a little improvisations.

Sawa-chan stood in to perform another new song while Yui rushes back to get her guitar, and reminiscing all the fun time she had with her band mates while she rushes back to school.

Though the song Yui performs is still Fuwa Fuwa Time, this time she's the one doing the singing, and properly as well.

Anyway, for me it was 12 weeks well spent before Haruhi arrives.

Optimistically, if the manga continues as it does now, there'll probably be a second anime series, but that's a few years away at least.

PS LOL at Mugi's pickled radish eyebrows.
Old 2009-06-20, 07:09   Link #192
BiasaAjaKale
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

this is a nice episode...

fuwa fuwa time by yui is nice too...

next episode is extra...
i will watch K-On again if there is season 2

and i agree that yui is goddess of fucking rock...
just teach her to playing guitar with teeth and she can beat d_c ...
Old 2009-06-20, 07:37   Link #193
slayer545-sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiasaAjaKale View Post
this is a nice episode...

fuwa fuwa time by yui is nice too...

next episode is extra...
i will watch K-On again if there is season 2

and i agree that yui is goddess of fucking rock...
just teach her to playing guitar with teeth and she can beat d_c ...
Nah, I think Simple Plan was awesome! Saw them in concert last day from today!
Old 2009-06-20, 08:33   Link #194
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Loved the episode. I'm hoping for a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Because going from a slug to a guitarist in a band is a huge leap for a person. She was a person that didn't commmit to activities. She found one that she loved and was willing to do while in bed with a fever. You don't see that too often in normal people. Mio also changed and became more responsible and demonstrated maturity in her decisions thru out the seiries. However, this is a Yui-centric episode. So, we see Yui recognizing her character improvements.

The club was seen a lot thru Yui. We started the season with Yui and ended the season with Yui.

Last edited by orion; 2009-06-20 at 08:47.
Old 2009-06-20, 09:10   Link #195
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So, we see Yui recognizing her character improvements.
This. I agree completely. However small a change, Yui, as a character did accomplish it. All the people who complain about no character development should pay more attention. It's not much, she's basically still the same person, but she has found a "calling", if you will. It may not be what many expected, but hey, that's life.

Absolutely adorable ending to an adorable series. Hope for more, soon - and, hey, we're getting more next week already!

Old 2009-06-20, 10:20   Link #196
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It's not much, she's basically still the same person, but she has found a "calling", if you will.
I think that's the best way to put it. Yui will always be Yui, but she's now a more focused Yui. Heck if one wants a good example of the type of change she's had, just re-watch episode 8.

Mainly the scene where Ui thinks back to how Yui was before she joined the light music club. Compare flashback Yui to episode 8 Yui. Some things are different and some things are the same.

On a side note, I find it interesting that in 12 episodes, we got three to four songs played during the song. Note, I'm not counting the opening and ending here. It also depends on whether or not you want to count the Yui and Mio versions of Fuwa Fuwa Time separately.

Three to four songs is probably not much variety when compared to some series. For certain there are shows with a much better song variety than K-ON!. Although some of those shows have more episodes too probably.

So I'm not trying to imply K-ON! has the best variety. However when you compare K-ON! to another group of shows, K-ON! ultimately triumphs. What group do I speak of?

Those shows where apparently the idea is to play the same song over and over again. Who cares if the song has already been played a dozen times? Let's play it another dozen times.
Old 2009-06-20, 10:37   Link #197
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i thought i heard somebody ranting that,
Yui should use a bicycle when she tried to get her guitar from her home to school or even steals one from some random by-passers, GTA-style if she does not have one.

& also, another person wanted her to get ran-over by a passing car & die on the same spot while on her way to school, Death Note-style.
nice imagination you got there, pal!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-06-20, 10:44   Link #198
Wyxor

Hmm I expect they will be playing Cagayake Girls/Dont Say Lazy for their performance but oh well

Old 2009-06-20, 10:45   Link #199
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also Mio didn't react to singing this time around. With Yui gone she'd have to sing, but that never came up, only that Azunyan might have to take over the lead guitar spot. She reacted a little to the cosplay but then got lost in it due to Mugi being the model instead of herself.
Old 2009-06-20, 11:20   Link #200
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Fuwa Fuwa Time!

Yui is (surprisingly) cool when she's serious.
A bonus 13th epsiode is better than nothing, I really wish they would have a second season though.
Closed Thread