AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-21, 16:43   Link #41
Jaden

I think a lot of people end up staying in clubs just because their buddies are there, even if they're not suited for the activities.

The choice is to practice for 30+ hours per week OR find new friends in the return-home club, in the middle of the school year. It depends on the person, but to me the latter one would've been harder.
Old 2024-04-21, 20:51   Link #42
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Kumiko is still having a hard time as club president and the two new girls working as shrine maidens
Old 2024-04-22, 04:40   Link #43
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Episode 3 was really strong. I think its pretty unrealistic that the 1st years all stay. They voted on if they're aiming for gold or to just have a regular school club experience, though the first years probably just went with the flow when all the 2nd and 3rd years raised their hands.
Yeah, I read a conversation elsewhere where everyone thought it was a generally terrible idea to do the "What should our goal be this year?" thing the way they do, and that it should be left up to an anonymous vote to prevent peer pressure.
Old 2024-04-22, 04:56   Link #44
deadite

I don't think is was peer pressure at all. It was more beginner first years not realizing the gravity of what it really means to qualify for Nationals.The experienced first years are actually fine with Reina.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 05:12   Link #45
Friday
Im shy too...

it's been awhile all

just finished watching movie 3, where Kumiko was president at the end of the movie.

was wondering if they will make season 3 and here it is.

I just caught up to ep3 and it's been good.
Looking forward to how their final year goes.

reminds of K-On
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-22, 14:05   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a tough situation. Not a lot of good options. They really do need to be that strict and dedicated to make it. The third years especially get it since they've seen how the past two years have gone. For better or worse the experienced first years probably came here because they knew what they'd be getting into and wanted to reach greater heights. In a sense the approach taken by Taki and previous band leaders has born fruit. They have a group of third years that are darn good, the second years are pretty good, and they are attracting experienced first years. The kind of system that will let them be a consistent threat for nationals.

But it does mean it's rough on the inexperienced. While Kumiko couldn't really offer solutions, there is a benefit in knowing you are being heard. Still sucks obviously to struggle and feel bad at various points. Though I guess if they really don't quit and get through this then they'll come out of it stronger.

My condolences to those called out for the marching segment. Marching band performances are tough. It's taking all the challenges of a regular performance and just piling on extra stuff to keep track of. I absolutely would have been chewed out by Reina since I wasn't great at it .
Old 2024-04-22, 16:47   Link #47
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
As such, when the justifications posed aren't especially convincing, attempts to call Hibike! Euphonium "baiting" come across as little more than an attempt to impose one's own world-views onto the work.
If it's not convincing to you, that's totally fine, but that's just your opinion. By trying to make it seem like a fact, you're the one imposing your own world-view.
Old 2024-04-23, 07:14   Link #48
deadite

Theory that the starting scene in Episode 1 before Kumiko wakes up is
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2024-04-24, 17:08   Link #49
KitsuKyouno

I see kind of silly the new girl misurstood Kumiko and Shoes as couple with a supposed scene with don´t see
but make me remember that was a mistake put Shoes as vice president when if should Reina with all the weight she had in the story
Old 2024-04-25, 05:28   Link #50
Marina2

Reina as Drum major is also an important position. I think it suits with Reina ability.
Old 2024-04-28, 07:30   Link #51
deadite

I loved the cameos!
Spoiler for Rikka:
Old 2024-04-28, 10:06   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

In some ways it is kind of sad that Motomu's grandfather is going around or feels he has to go around asking his students to give him intel on his own grandson. Plus making secret appeals to get Motomu transferred to Ryusei seems...really questionable. Either Motomu is going to work things out and wouldn't need to transfer or he's not going to work out and would fight against going to that school with his dying breath. In the worst case scenario he'd go but would refuse to participate in the band out of spite.

In some ways it feels like Ryusei's population (advisors and students) are a bit tone deaf. If Motomu literally transferred out of his expected path to get away then he's probably not secretly chatting with former classmates and certainly isn't going to make a friendly stop to see the group at SunFes. Higuchi really needs to read the room a bit.

Kumiko is a pro at freaking out ! She's also good at being someone people are comfortable talking to. At least she got Motomu to reach out and clear the air. Should erase the pressure of pushing him to change schools and help relax his mental state.

And while Motomu didn't want to explain everything to Midori at least he wanted to share that precious song with her. Maybe that's good enough .
Old 2024-04-28, 20:49   Link #53
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So its all about Motomu Tsukinaga and his past and just how approachable Kumiko is just that she needs to hold on to her phone a lot better
Old 2024-04-28, 20:54   Link #54
KitsuKyouno

This season has been week, since they don´t had focus in big relationships like Kumiko had with Reina, Asuka and her sister, is end up feeling very empty
Old 2024-04-29, 01:13   Link #55
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuKyouno View Post
This season has been week, since they don´t had focus in big relationships like Kumiko had with Reina, Asuka and her sister, is end up feeling very empty
If you will recall, the big Kumiko/Reina scene in Season 1 was part of Episode 8. Have some patience.

Meanwhile, the piece they were playing at the end is the third movement from Souvenir of a Beloved Place by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2024-04-29 at 09:17.
BBOvenGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 08:27   Link #56
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I can’t stand how cheerful and helpful Mayu Kuroe is being. Mostly because this is Sound! Euphonium and any character that is so outwardly together seems sure to have some sort of crisis or meltdown before season’s end.

I figure she’ll either:
- Have a breakdown thinking too many are relying on her.
- Be better than Kumiko and potentially cause tension on who gets to play Eupho at competition.
- Be the only to actually lead a 1st year revolt for some reason or another.
Old 2024-04-29, 10:47   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
I can’t stand how cheerful and helpful Mayu Kuroe is being. Mostly because this is Sound! Euphonium and any character that is so outwardly together seems sure to have some sort of crisis or meltdown before season’s end.

I figure she’ll either:
- Have a breakdown thinking too many are relying on her.
- Be better than Kumiko and potentially cause tension on who gets to play Eupho at competition.
- Be the only to actually lead a 1st year revolt for some reason or another.
I feel like option 2 is the most likely. Felt like they were setting that up with commenting how good she was before they even met her and then having her talk about not being certain about joining in case someone wouldn't be able to play because of her. She's definitely going to be extremely good and put pressure on Kumiko to take the top Euphonium part (presuming it isn't just one part for all the Euphoniums).

Feels certain as well that like many of the students she's going to have had past drama with auditions and band trouble. Thus her being completely fine with the idea that a bunch of people might quit the band. Better to have them gone then have the drama lingering. Or something like that.
Old 2024-04-29, 16:04   Link #58
deadite

Mayu is also foreshadowed in Ensemble Contest OVA
Old 2024-04-29, 19:21   Link #59
scififan

The revised JK swimsuit for classroom and sports look more like wear for Marathon runners. Some girls put on the short skirts. It appears the anime staffs are not up to date about the changes.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by scififan; 2024-05-02 at 17:24.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-30, 03:56   Link #60
Friday
Im shy too...

ep4
imo...

this episode was clear the air of Motomu problems. Glad he got of his chest(sort off...)
and now he can move on and hope he'll be ok when Midori leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Meanwhile, the piece they were playing at the end is the third movement from Souvenir of a Beloved Place by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
thanks for that
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote