AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-30, 22:20   Link #61
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Whose doing the At2 translation? Gust? N1?
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 22:32   Link #62
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Gust - Banpresto.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 01:10   Link #63
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

I guess they'll keep the y then.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:15   Link #64
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

THREAD RESURRECTION!

Anyway, are there translations for the drama CDs floating around the internet?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 23:54   Link #65
Cio
Otaku

Hmm, check this site: http://artonelico.isisview.org/index.php

I forget about AT 1 drama Cd, but AT2 drama CD is there
Old 2009-04-27, 12:56   Link #66
Shadow Kira01

I bought the game for 50 bucks on Xmas last year, haven't even played it. Saved the game on the first save spot and that's it..

Spoiler:
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 01:52   Link #67
Cio
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I bought the game for 50 bucks on Xmas last year, haven't even played it. Saved the game on the first save spot and that's it..

Spoiler:
Spoiler for shurelia:
Old 2009-04-29, 03:29   Link #68
AnimeFangirl

Shadow_Minato, whatever you do, don't click on that massive spoiler! Too late, you did? Aww!
Old 2009-08-08, 13:16   Link #69
Fate21
Kiyu~

Ar Tonelico 2 story is just too long. Haha off topic here.
I find Ar Tonelico is interesting and dive system is unique. And has emotion
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 14:19   Link #70
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
I've played almost all rpgs on SNES, PSX and PS2 and let me tell you that these two games are AWESOME! Yes, they are generally very easy to beat and it's mostly patience to get all the side quests and go through all the dialogues. Yet, this is most of the fun too. I got to know the characters so well, I felt I knew them for years! And the blending of rpg with date-sims was good if you are not offended by blunt humor.

The story and the themes in these two games overpower most lovable themes in so many other rpg I've played over the years. Floating islands, a dreamworld in cybernatic form, viruses, mysteries, dating, alchemy, great artwork, wonderful soundtrack... I tell you, it's very rare for me to be pleased with rpgs and these managed to do it.

Totally worth it!

Still, there were major problems in translation at some parts and there was that bug that froze the game towards the end... Oh, well, peanuts! Well worth all those dives and dialogues and fusions.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 03:04   Link #71
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

wow, major bump from the grave.

You guys like her armor version betteR? :O

well doesn't matter Misha 4evah!!
Old 2009-08-09, 03:41   Link #72
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be quite honest, Misha was pretty much the reason why I'm not into AT2 so much. She was and currently is my #1 moe character, be it in a game on in anime. And despite Luca being an osana-najimi as well, she does not nearly hold a candle to Misha (not very many childhood friend characters do), and with this being the sequel to Misha's game, I just couldn't get into it despite me wanting to.

Of course, it was the story boss bug that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 07:08   Link #73
Shadow Kira01

The Ar Tonelico series is pretty much a spinoff of the popular Atelier Iris series. Generally, the game is an ADV+RPG but I don't think people in North America would consider it as an adventure game as that ADV in Japan has a total different meaning than that of ADV games in NA and EUR. Adventure games usually imply visual novels, whereas it is sidescroller in NA/EUR, I think. Currently, I am still about 40 hours in AT2 and haven't played it over a month. I started AT1 recently and is already 15+ hours into the game. Got to Lv5 cosmosphere for Misha and Lv2 for Aurica, haven't meet Shurelia yet. I am heading to the Frozen Eye but have yet to continue my game, so I am not there yet even..

Spoiler:

As for AT2:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Shadow_Minato, whatever you do, don't click on that massive spoiler! Too late, you did? Aww!
I never did until I just read this post of yours which made me clicked it. However, I only glance through it, so I don't really know the details still.^^

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-08-09 at 07:22. Reason: updated.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:48   Link #74
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
To be quite honest, Misha was pretty much the reason why I'm not into AT2 so much. She was and currently is my #1 moe character, be it in a game on in anime. And despite Luca being an osana-najimi as well, she does not nearly hold a candle to Misha (not very many childhood friend characters do), and with this being the sequel to Misha's game, I just couldn't get into it despite me wanting to.

Of course, it was the story boss bug that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
Same for me, same for me. I keep trying to play AT2 but can't... I always end up going back and replaying AT1 lol. And oh god I hated Luca, she just wants everyone to feel sorry for her.
Old 2009-08-09, 22:10   Link #75
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Same for me, same for me. I keep trying to play AT2 but can't... I always end up going back and replaying AT1 lol. And oh god I hated Luca, she just wants everyone to feel sorry for her.
That's what I thought to..

I didn't picked Luca in AT2 for that reason but is her route better afterwards or no?

Actually, most of the characters Koshimizu-san voices are like that..

----
On a second thought, I got to admit that I sort of regretted of not picking Luca (cv. Koshimizu Ami) as that I do sympathize her. It seems for some reason as that Luca isn't very popular among AT gamers. Most people who picked her route seemed to be unhappy as that I had read in quite a number of spoiler-filled threads. It also influenced me to not pick her.

Spoiler:

I am playing AT1 now and is most likely going down Misha's route but that is because Shurelia-sama has yet to appear.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-08-09 at 22:29.
Old 2009-08-09, 22:32   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
That's what I thought to..

I didn't picked Luca in AT2 for that reason but is her route better afterwards or no?

Actually, most of the characters Koshimizu-san voices are like that..

----
On a second thought, I got to admit that I sort of regretted of not picking Luca (cv. Koshimizu Ami) as that I do sympathize her. It seems for some reason as that Luca isn't very popular among AT gamers. Most people who picked her route seemed to be unhappy as that I had read in quite a number of spoiler-filled threads. It also influenced me to not pick her.

Spoiler:

I am playing AT1 now and is most likely going down Misha's route but that is because Shurelia-sama has yet to appear.
I don't like Shurelia really. Her cosmosphere is pretty fun, and she's cute but she doesn't make me wanna pick her over Misha. If you haven't already... wait till you get Misha back to the Chronicles, I broke a tear lol
Old 2009-08-10, 04:43   Link #77
AnimeFangirl

Just save before the very end. Then you can pick Shurelia, see the (terrible) ending and go back and pick whoever you like. I love Shurelia though, if only they had introduced her sooner and given her a better ending. They tried to do better with Jacqli, but I don't like her as much as I liked Shurelia.

Re: Cloche vs. Luca, just pick whichever girl you like more. Don't listen to the fans.
Old 2009-08-10, 12:11   Link #78
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Just save before the very end. Then you can pick Shurelia, see the (terrible) ending and go back and pick whoever you like. I love Shurelia though, if only they had introduced her sooner and given her a better ending. They tried to do better with Jacqli, but I don't like her as much as I liked Shurelia.

Re: Cloche vs. Luca, just pick whichever girl you like more. Don't listen to the fans.
Totally agree with the Shurelia thing, her introduction is just way too late, and having her as a "choice" feels rushed and poorly put together. I think the only reason why she's a choice was to make her fans satisfied.
Old 2009-08-10, 18:08   Link #79
AnimeFangirl

Yeah, test players were probably all like "Shurelia! Why can't I pick Shurelia!?" so they tossed that in to keep them quiet. It kept me quiet, anyway. I hope she shows up again in the other games. I do so like her.
Old 2009-08-10, 20:52   Link #80
Shadow Kira01

I have question..

In AT2, the girl you don't pick.. You can only do her cosmosphere to Lv5.

Is there a limit in AT1? I am currently doing Misha's Lv5 cosmosphere and is still in Phase 1. What I am trying to ask is if I finish her Lv5 cosmosphere and proceed to Lv6, does it automatically make it Misha's route?