AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-05-04, 10:56   Link #1501
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
hi minna-san....
i heard code geass shikkoku no renya will be launch in 5 mei 2010...
its just gossip or true?
Old 2010-05-04, 10:56   Link #1502
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuki_yuki92 View Post
hi minna-san....
i heard code geass shikkoku no renya will be launch in 5 mei 2010...
its just gossip or true?
25 of May, if I'm not mistaken
Old 2010-05-05, 06:07   Link #1503
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric101 View Post
wow, sad, yet sweet. that's one of the biggest reasons i love code geass. i'm usually not a very emotional person, but somehow code geass can play with my heart like few things can.

now what about the clip for the side story?

also, Bandai licensed R1 and R2 as separate works, not the whole franchise, so i don't think this stuff would apply.
It's true that Bandai has licensed only R1 and R2. It's such ashame that Adult Swim canceled the series. It's too bad that AS doesn't broadcast anime during the week anymore. It's good to know that there is the internet for us to enjoy, regarding the latest on Code Geass.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 21:48   Link #1504
Meatrose
Antihero

[Carried over from the image thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia aurita View Post

Hmmmm....
(Newtype June)

Edit: Yes, the names on the poster say Renya and Lelouch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
... I think I've officially been bitch slapped by the creators themselves. Or they have given us a wonderful manga that has sublime storyline with sublime interventions of malevolent forces.

Or they just switched Suzaku's name around and decided to do a 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' set in a different time frame.

Anyone else notice the Zero mask, or is it just me?
Hopefully it's just artwork featuring, respectively, "the protagonists from Shikkoku no Renya and Hangyaku no Lelouch". I mean, putting Lelouch in that time frame (Edo period, 76-341 years prior to his own birth) would just make it laughably ridiculous in my opinion. Especially since Taniguchi himself said that "it's the same timeline but a different era" which means the manga is not set in an AU.
Old 2010-05-06, 21:53   Link #1505
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
[Carried over from the image thread]

Hopefully it's just artwork featuring, respectively, "the protagonists from Shikkoku no Renya and Hangyaku no Lelouch". I mean, putting Lelouch in that time frame (Edo period, 76-341 years prior to his own birth) would just make it laughably ridiculous in my opinion. Especially since Taniguchi himself said that "it's the same timeline but a different era" which means the manga is not set in an AU.
Time Paradox!!! The Universe will be destroyed

Wouldn't this verify the lelouch is alive at the ending of R2...if this is canon.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 21:55   Link #1506
Xander

Thanks for posting this here.

I believe that's why it would be very interesting to know what the actual text on all those images says, no?

Let's not jump and make too many assumptions without having read the content of the article in question.

It seems those images also contain information about Code Geass Gaiden, which is what I'd personally like to learn more about.

Speaking about that, I believe the Promotional Video has already made its way to the Internet. Nothing really new, just a confirmation of what ANN and other sources had reported, but I'm glad that my curiosity has been satisfied (though I believe the music used in the PV hasn't been used in Code Geass before).
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 21:56   Link #1507
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Beat me to it, meatrose. Oh well.

A guy that looked incredibly like Lelouch with his name, but not being Lelouch? No, that is way too coincidence. Besides, he has a Zero Mask -- explain that.

Thus, I agree with you. I hope it's just artwork. As much as I like that Lelouch in the scan, I would not want to see him in Renya. Because

1) It would mean the creators are content/intent on making Lulu a crutch.
2) That they went back on their words in some manner. (Lelouch being dead, same universe different era, etc.)

3) It would give the fans I'd rather avoid full bragging rights about him being alive.

Here is to hoping for the best, Meatrose, everybody.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 22:00   Link #1508
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
In addition to what I've previously said before...it should be remembered that this new manga is drawn by the same person who worked on Nightmare of Nunnally, which as many of us should know...also included Lelouch. If that person is referenced or even cited in the article, perhaps they're talking about the jump from working on an AU manga to a "canonical" one or something along those lines (that's just my assumption, it could be something else entirely).

Last edited by Xander; 2010-05-06 at 22:16.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 22:07   Link #1509
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
In addition to what I've previously said before...it should be remembered that this new manga is drawn by the same person who worked on Nightmare of Nunnally, which as many of us show know...also included Lelouch. If that person is referenced or even cited in the article, perhaps they're talking about the jump from working on an AU manga to a "canonical" one or something along those lines (that's just my assumption, it could be something else entirely).
Exactly, I was thinking that the text might touch upon both Hangyaku no Lelouch and Shikkoku no Renya, but the latter versus NoN would make more sense if Takuma Tomomasa is actually referenced.
Old 2010-05-06, 22:07   Link #1510
yvj
U Mad?

Oh right there's a manga and a alleged OAV coming out.

The lines were blurring there for a sec.
Old 2010-05-07, 09:51   Link #1511
Kittenlady

Maybe they're going with the reincarnation thing Shirley was talking about and that's a previous incarnation of Lelouch?

lol idk. Could be. Stranger things have happened in CG.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 11:20   Link #1512
Laurcus
The black angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
Maybe they're going with the reincarnation thing Shirley was talking about and that's a previous incarnation of Lelouch?

lol idk. Could be. Stranger things have happened in CG.
That would be my first guess, though I would honestly expect him to have a different name. People in Code Geass are named by their parents right? So what would be the odds of Lelouch being incarnated multiple times with the same name?

Anywho i'm cutting myself off before I get too far into a speculation rant. I'm just gonna twiddle my thumbs, eat some pie, and wait for more info. *Gives pie to everyone in the thread*
Old 2010-05-08, 04:14   Link #1513
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Beat me to it, meatrose. Oh well.

A guy that looked incredibly like Lelouch with his name, but not being Lelouch? No, that is way too coincidence. Besides, he has a Zero Mask -- explain that.

Thus, I agree with you. I hope it's just artwork. As much as I like that Lelouch in the scan, I would not want to see him in Renya. Because

1) It would mean the creators are content/intent on making Lulu a crutch.
2) That they went back on their words in some manner. (Lelouch being dead, same universe different era, etc.)

3) It would give the fans I'd rather avoid full bragging rights about him being alive.

Here is to hoping for the best, Meatrose, everybody.
Or it could just be promotion material so they add Lelouch to the picture to make it clearer that it is about geass..

I wouldn't leave yet till the fat lady starts singing, we don't even know what the texts say yet and until that happens I am not drawing any conclusions.

What would be nice to pin point at is that Zero's outfit is different.. Zero wearing a belt?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 04:20   Link #1514
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I wouldn't leave yet till the fat lady starts singing, we don't even know what the texts say yet and until that happens I am not drawing any conclusions.

What would be nice to pin point at is that Zero's outfit is different.. Zero wearing a belt?
As for the text, I'm having that being looked into. It may take a day or more, but I think it will be appropriately accurate, to say the least.

As for the belt, the entire Zero costume he is wearing is foreign to me. Which is what lead me to speculate. I don't remember his nightmare of Nunnally suit looking like that.

Though yes, we won't really know until we get a translation -- which is happening. I can't really exclude anything at this time besides it's Lelouch and Renya.

OTOH, it most likely is promotional or artwork meant to indicate. Regardless, there you have it.
Old 2010-05-08, 08:34   Link #1515
XT3

Talking Code Geass Gaiden

i i think i found the new anime it's called "Code Geass Gaiden", suppose to be a side story. this is what i foundthis is off of another site)

a user on :"http://www.codegeass.com/forum/topics/code-geass-latest-news"
posted this:
hi guys....i cant wait to tell you this news...code geass r3 has been confirmed...its called CODE GEASS GAIDEN:BOUKOKU NO AKITO or CODE GEASS:RUINED LAND OF AKITO...the show is unsurprisingly to be produced by sunrise..with the expected clamp character design..direction is said to be by former sunrise employee and gundam veteran Kazuki akane...the story is vaguely summarized thusly:a.t.b.2017.a knightmare unit of 11 youths embark on an operation to save their comrades stranded on the european fronts,their odds of success is only 5%...........just how this fits in with established canon is not yet clear but it does appear an entirely new cast will be featuring... so lets all just wait for the latest announcement..........

on youtube look up:Code Geass Gaiden

another site thas this video, it's japenese:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Acb2gJ1WONQ/

we still don't know what type of anime this will be though
XT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 09:01   Link #1516
Renya

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT3 View Post
i i think i found the new anime it's called "Code Geass Gaiden", suppose to be a side story. this is what i foundthis is off of another site)

a user on :"http://www.codegeass.com/forum/topics/code-geass-latest-news"
posted this:
hi guys....i cant wait to tell you this news...code geass r3 has been confirmed...its called CODE GEASS GAIDEN:BOUKOKU NO AKITO or CODE GEASS:RUINED LAND OF AKITO...the show is unsurprisingly to be produced by sunrise..with the expected clamp character design..direction is said to be by former sunrise employee and gundam veteran Kazuki akane...the story is vaguely summarized thusly:a.t.b.2017.a knightmare unit of 11 youths embark on an operation to save their comrades stranded on the european fronts,their odds of success is only 5%...........just how this fits in with established canon is not yet clear but it does appear an entirely new cast will be featuring... so lets all just wait for the latest announcement..........

on youtube look up:Code Geass Gaiden

another site thas this video, it's japenese:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Acb2gJ1WONQ/

we still don't know what type of anime this will be though
u sure the vid is in japanese, since it sounds like mandarin chinese to me >.<
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 09:08   Link #1517
XT3

ok... all i know is i found this yesterday... that's all i found, i don't know the defference of japanese and mandarin chinese
XT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 09:41   Link #1518
Meatrose
Antihero

XT3, that information has been known for a couple of weeks now, ever since Kiseki no Tanjobi was released on Blu-Ray and DVD (April 23). There are two interpretations floating around though, one says (like the one you posted) that we'll get to follow "11 youths" and the other one says that it's "young elevens". The second one seems to be generally accepted as the correct one.

Also, it's nothing like a "Code Geass R3" as this side story (gaiden) is set during a.t.b. 2017 and R2 starts off in a.t.b. 2018. This takes place during the first season, or possibly during the beginning of the one year break between season 1 and R2.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-05-08 at 09:55.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 23:20   Link #1519
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Lelouch is a Time Lord now.

But seriously, even Geass Witches can't travel through time. If Lelouch is in this new manga, his presence wouldn't make sense under ANY version of ANY proverbial theory.

Except that maybe --perhaps-- in the context of NoN. (Which is already so twisted and weird that it would make sense.) Since he becomes...er...(and correct me on my interpretation of this as I could be off, I haven't studied NoN that closely)...chaos incarnate? The god of chaos? Wouldn't that...not limit him to any time or any universe since chaos is...well...universal?
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 23:31   Link #1520
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Lelouch is a Time Lord now.
Or he yoinked the Ocarina of Time.

NoN is indeed chaotic, though the idea itself makes sense. (Though god I hope they don't use it.) Since chaos is indeed universal, it wouldn't be restricted to a certain period or place.

Also remember, there was someone very similar to Lelouch in the original scan... That's what makes me do a connection with all of this. Still nothing to actually deduct successfully without blurrying it with speculation.

*waits in corner for them to make a Lost Colors R2. Sign reads: Eternity*

Tags
drama, mecha