AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-24, 00:19   Link #3441
DarkFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Looks like we will have an anime original ending now. When they start shuffling the source material it always turns out like this look at claymore for example. Faithful in the beginning but goes off on a random tangent at the end.
i dont think it will change much the flow of the manga, at the of the episode they will be all reunited at takagis house following the manga again, cuttimg left and right and ending the Anime at volume 4.

or maybe im wrong

They anticipated the manga chapters too pleasure all Saekos Fan, helping the world not to be overflooded by a river of tears
DarkFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 00:22   Link #3442
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Saya sorry your mom is hotter than you! And legal.
Old 2010-08-24, 00:25   Link #3443
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I had a feeling they were going to animate the Air Force One.

Yep, I knew the Secret Service ain't got no chance in protecting the president and the others.

Spoiler for SPOILERS:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 00:30   Link #3444
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Saya sorry your mom is hotter than you! And legal.
Hecks yeah! Hirano's gonna be drooling in the next episode.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 00:45   Link #3445
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
They improvised part of the episode too, part of it is not in the manga. Quite interesting. And I LOLed on the Matrix parts.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 01:01   Link #3446
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

NEW SAEKO AND SAYA FIGURES!!!!

Seems like a set. Topless and Apron cast off! Has white censor.

Spoiler for NSFW:

Don't mind the others on the bottom.
Old 2010-08-24, 01:14   Link #3447
DarkFreedom

Quote:

Spoiler for NSFW:

You mean saeko and Rei
Old 2010-08-24, 01:19   Link #3448
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFreedom View Post
You mean saeko and Rei
What? That's Rei... *looks closer*

Oh yes! It's Rei....meh.
Old 2010-08-24, 01:25   Link #3449
DarkFreedom

Quote:
What? That's Rei... *looks closer*

Oh yes! It's Rei....meh.

looking only at the boobs is not healty
Old 2010-08-24, 01:31   Link #3450
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFreedom View Post
looking only at the boobs is not healty
I wasn't looking at the boobies.

Iam looking at the panties.

Saya has stripes.

Saeko has black thong and DAT ASS!

Old 2010-08-24, 01:46   Link #3451
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post

Yep, I knew the Secret Service ain't got no chance in protecting the president and the others.

Spoiler for SPOILERS:
Hah!

We Malaysian have no zombie infestation problem ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 01:58   Link #3452
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

Spoiler for SPOILERS:
In reality the Secret Service would have some of the best chances of protecting the President and others. But alas this is anime.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 01:59   Link #3453
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Looks like the beginnings of an anime original ending maybe.
My by-now standard response to such reactions is to remind people to treat the anime and the manga as two separate entities. Anime adaptors should not be expected to slavishly follow every single frame of the manga. There is always room for artistic liberty. Part of the problem I had with the Claymore adaptation, which I still have to this day, was that the anime failed to capitalise on the strengths of its medium in its re-telling of the story and its characters.

In contrast, I'm not the only one in this thread to have noticed how the HOTD anime has improved on the manga in many small but significant ways. Always remember: What works in a serialised manga doesn't necessarily work in an episodic anime, limited to around 25min per episode, and to around 12 or 13 episodes per season.

I'm particularly intrigued with the way they are apparently going to reshuffle the source material in this case. It makes perfect sense because the anime has been hinting at Saeko's apparently growing affection for Takashi since Ep6, culminating with her drooling on Takashi's crotch lap in this latest episode. So, the next episode will possibly develop this budding relationship yet further.

At the same time, as ID555 observed, the anime has strengthened the portrayal of Takashi's feelings for Rei, especially at the end of Ep6 and in this episode. So, in my opinion, now is the right time to introduce Saeko as a potential rival, raising the dramatic tension while the viewer's memory of Takashi and Rei's rekindled romance remains fresh.

It also means that the anime will have potentially fleshed out each one of the main characters — Takashi, Rei, Saya, Kouta and Saeko — by the end of the season. Had it followed the manga faithfully, Saeko's backstory would not have been included in this season, leaving a gaping hole till the next instalment of the show (assuming there will be one).
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 02:13   Link #3454
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:

Spoiler for NSFW:

Forget about Saeko and Saya. Drool on Alice cuteness figure! Oops....I think that looks more like Minette but still they made a figure of her. HA!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 02:19   Link #3455
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Spoiler for SPOILERS:
Taking a look at that, with the outbreaks centered around either major continental cities or state capitals, I'd say that there's more than a little evidence to suggest that this was a pre-meditated attack of some sort. Of course this would probably never get touched upon in the anime.
Old 2010-08-24, 04:34   Link #3456
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Taking a look at that, with the outbreaks centered around either major continental cities or state capitals, I'd say that there's more than a little evidence to suggest that this was a pre-meditated attack of some sort. Of course this would probably never get touched upon in the anime.
Considering that major continental cities and capitals tend to have high population densities in most countries, it is more likely that zombie outbreaks, like all pandemic diseases, are more severe in intensity in urban centers where diseases spread quickly between densely-packed hosts. This is a function of of epidemiology and has little to do with whether it's an Albert Wesker-style COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION biological attack or not. It doesn't rule out a biological attack but all scientists know that association does not equal causation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
My by-now standard response to such reactions is to remind people to treat the anime and the manga as two separate entities. Anime adaptors should not be expected to slavishly follow every single frame of the manga. There is always room for artistic liberty. Part of the problem I had with the Claymore adaptation, which I still have to this day, was that the anime failed to capitalise on the strengths of its medium in its re-telling of the story and its characters.

In contrast, I'm not the only one in this thread to have noticed how the HOTD anime has improved on the manga in many small but significant ways. Always remember: What works in a serialised manga doesn't necessarily work in an episodic anime, limited to around 25min per episode, and to around 12 or 13 episodes per season.

I'm particularly intrigued with the way they are apparently going to reshuffle the source material in this case. It makes perfect sense because the anime has been hinting at Saeko's apparently growing affection for Takashi since Ep6, culminating with her drooling on Takashi's crotch lap in this latest episode. So, the next episode will possibly develop this budding relationship yet further.

At the same time, as ID555 observed, the anime has strengthened the portrayal of Takashi's feelings for Rei, especially at the end of Ep6 and in this episode. So, in my opinion, now is the right time to introduce Saeko as a potential rival, raising the dramatic tension while the viewer's memory of Takashi and Rei's rekindled romance remains fresh.

It also means that the anime will have potentially fleshed out each one of the main characters — Takashi, Rei, Saya, Kouta and Saeko — by the end of the season. Had it followed the manga faithfully, Saeko's backstory would not have been included in this season, leaving a gaping hole till the next instalment of the show (assuming there will be one).
What Madhouse does with the ending will be a good indicator of whether they expect to work on a 2nd season or not. If they Claymore it, we can be sure that behind the scenes nobody is interested in green-lighting another season. If they leave off more or less at a logical point at the manga and don't change anything, then we can expect there will be more HSotD joy next year.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 2010-08-24 at 04:53.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 05:32   Link #3457
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I don't think I'll ever forget this episode (Ep.8) once the series ends!
Spoiler:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 06:30   Link #3458
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
God damn the idiot ball in this ep is big enough to roll Japan flat

They could have climb over the fence, heck even through it. And then there's the bad driving... or their choice of seating.

But I guess with the MOE Saeko all is forgiven.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 06:43   Link #3459
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Good god I want to know who your butcher is.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 07:16   Link #3460
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
God damn the idiot ball in this ep is big enough to roll Japan flat

They could have climb over the fence, heck even through it. And then there's the bad driving... or their choice of seating.

But I guess with the MOE Saeko all is forgiven.
I see some tissues about to be abused...

Oh, and yeah they should have climbed the fence but really this is the zombie/horror/action genre... action, gore, and tits.... and this show has them in spades. Oh, and whoever came up with that bullet fanservice scene needs to get some kind of award, fucking brilliant, no joke.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse