there was...hes searching for that kagyua army reason thing
lol...im apparently dense...elaborate?
jmacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 16:18   Link #42
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
so what kind of mission Sasuke did this time? I thought it already finished
He still after that "more dangerous than Kaguya" thing he felt. Shin obviously wasn't it.

And yes, it's probably going to be the bad guys from the Boruto movie.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 18:27   Link #43
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
He still after that "more dangerous than Kaguya" thing he felt. Shin obviously wasn't it.

And yes, it's probably going to be the bad guys from the Boruto movie.
He probably still searching for it, but now realizes that he has to spend time with Sarada as well.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 18:52   Link #44
fuff

there are still some unanswered questions like sasukes been gone for 12years! and didnt contact his family?! and why isnt there any wedding pictures or recent pics (before the new family one) in the house?!
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 18:57   Link #45
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
there are still some unanswered questions like sasukes been gone for 12years! and didnt contact his family?! and why isnt there any wedding pictures or recent pics (before the new family one) in the house?!
Because Sasuke doesn't like cellphones.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 18:58   Link #46
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
to be fair, they're all connected by their hearts

On a semi-serious note, I don't really get the complaints about Sasuke not being around. He's basically a military father on a constant mission. It's in his character to be a lone wolf and not show much emotion or connection, not to be an adoring husband and father who goes to school plays and piano recitals.

It also sounds like Sakura was on a mission with him for a while. We don't know everything they did over those 12 years. There was probably more contact than zero.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 19:27   Link #47
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

On a semi-serious note, I don't really get the complaints about Sasuke not being around. He's basically a military father on a constant mission. It's in his character to be a lone wolf and not show much emotion or connection, not to be an adoring husband and father who goes to school plays and piano recitals.

It also sounds like Sakura was on a mission with him for a while. We don't know everything they did over those 12 years. There was probably more contact than zero.
hopefully the movie will shed light into the travels
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 02:17   Link #48
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well been saying it since the very beginning that Sakura is the mom. People should've known that it wasn't Karen, and Kishi was just trolling, it was too predictable.
No, really? never even noticed.
Old 2015-07-03, 05:19   Link #49
necrolyte

Quote:
Then what was the point in the whole "child of the prophecy" thing or whatever they called Naruto in the first place ,I mean wasn't Naruto the one who would bring great peace on earth. If Sasuke had so much military missions that he can't even contact his family for 10-12 years then Naruto failed as the saviour of the world.
And just to mention 1 more thing. Even military guys soften up when they have kids especially if the kid is a girl(then the effect is doubled ) but of cours there are always exceptions.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 07:01   Link #50
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
...Like if he *was* the perfect dad, we wouldn't get complaints about him acting out of character, or that "Kishi" is portraying him in such an overwhelmingly good light because he's his favorite character

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
Then what was the point in the whole "child of the prophecy" thing or whatever they called Naruto in the first place ,I mean wasn't Naruto the one who would bring great peace on earth. If Sasuke had so much military missions that he can't even contact his family for 10-12 years then Naruto failed as the saviour of the world.
The sage never said Naruto would make the world some perfect utopia; but they've been in very peaceful times. A girl not seeing her father as much as she wanted to doesn't mean the world is not in peace.

Quote:
And just to mention 1 more thing. Even military guys soften up when they have kids especially if the kid is a girl(then the effect is doubled ) but of cours there are always exceptions.
Sasuke did soften up. He might seem aloof by normal standards, but for his personality/character Sarada definitely changed him, and he has certainly shown that he cares for her.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 08:24   Link #51
Slayerx

Quote:

Military fathers tend to keep in touch with their loved ones. Soldiers would send letters home and would eagerly anticipate receiving letters while they were in the field. Cell Phones have made keeping in touch with family a very simple task. Yet despite having methods of long distance communication, sasuke never uses these for his family. Heck it would have been a very simple task for Sasuke to obtain a photo of his daughter.

Also soliders take leave when they can to go back home and spend time with their family. Sasuke never takes this time. Heck this side story suggests that Sasuke's long mission actually led him back to being close to kohona. Instead of sending his falcon to contact Naruto to meet him out in the field, he could have gone to Konoha himself to not just meet with Naruto but so that he could see his family.

The lesson of this side story s that bloodlines are not what's matter; what matters is the thoughts and feelings we share. However Sasuke's Behavior and actions suggests he does NOT have much thought and feelings for his family. Heck he couldn't even sit still long enough to take a single photo with his family before running off on his mission. He SAYS he loves them but apparently not enough to contact them or visit them; he's quite thoughtless when it comes to his family.

Not to mention that bringing up sasuke's inability to show emotions only begs the question why Sakura even loves him in the first place which has ALWAYS been a problem with the very idea behind their relationship. He's lacking in positive qualities, has plenty of negatives and can't even show his love; who would want someone like that when they could find someone who has many of those same positive qualities, but does not caring the same negatives AND would be more loving and devoted?
Old 2015-07-03, 08:24   Link #52
jmacintosh

Quote:

I am going to respectfully disagree...Sasuke's entire life revolved around the connection he had to his family and especially his brother. His main source of consternation was not being around his big brother enough. Right up until the end of Kabuto's edo tensei, He still clung to his own mission, and never fully grasped the scope of what Itachi had done for the clan, and village, or how strong he had become.

Regardless of what he was doing all this time, he was almost never alone (Team 7, Oroch, Akatsuki, Taka, Hebi)...

I would think after Sasuke and Naruto worked everything out in the end, he would at least understand the importance of the family connection between him and his child. The whole dynamic with Sakura is weird though. You have the will to impregnate someone, but you can't kiss them goodbye before you go off again? Perhaps he just saw Sakura as a vessel for him to bring the clan back. After all, using other people to suit his means has been his modus operandi throughout the whole series.
jmacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 08:57   Link #53
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Military fathers tend to keep in touch with their loved ones. Soldiers would send letters home and would eagerly anticipate receiving letters while they were in the field. Cell Phones have made keeping in touch with family a very simple task. Yet despite having methods of long distance communication, sasuke never uses these for his family. Heck it would have been a very simple task for Sasuke to obtain a photo of his daughter.
While I did compare him to a military father, he is obviously an extreme example. Not all military fathers have had their families murdered and experienced the genocide of their entire bloodlines and had to kill their own brother by their hand only to find out that he was more than he appeared to be. I feel like you guys often forget all that. These aren't real humans either, they are over-the-top characters. What Sasuke went through would cause extreme PTSD in a normal human. I think he's actually handling it quite well. And like Artful_Dodger mentioned, Sarada has clearly changed him, it's just a minor change, which it should be in his case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacintosh View Post
I am going to respectfully disagree...Sasuke's entire life revolved around the connection he had to his family and especially his brother. His main source of consternation was not being around his big brother enough. Right up until the end of Kabuto's edo tensei, He still clung to his own mission, and never fully grasped the scope of what Itachi had done for the clan, and village, or how strong he had become.
Like I mentioned above, you're ignoring his traumatic experiences. There is no doubt that he still keeps his distance from loved ones because he's afraid of losing them like he did in the past. It's between the lines, but I think that Sakura understands that and that's why she loves him despite him keeping his distance.

Quote:
Regardless of what he was doing all this time, he was almost never alone (Team 7, Oroch, Akatsuki, Taka, Hebi)...
Not sure what your point is here. He was just using Orochi and Akatsuki. As far as Taka goes, the fact that he didn't chase them away or kill them was Kishi showing that he still had a heart despite his efforts to crush it. After he found out the truth of Itachi, he really did lose his heart until he met edo-Itachi again though.

Quote:
I would think after Sasuke and Naruto worked everything out in the end, he would at least understand the importance of the family connection between him and his child. The whole dynamic with Sakura is weird though. You have the will to impregnate someone, but you can't kiss them goodbye before you go off again?
Kishi is a family man. I have no doubt that the point of Sasuke spending the night meant that him and Sakura had sex. Kishi just doesn't want to make the manga about sex ever which is why the time skip skipped over all the lovey dovey stuff. I'm sure that meant more to Sakura than a kiss goodbye. Sarada was the important one in that moment anyway. Parents often and should put their kids first. Like I said, she gets Sasuke's mental state when it comes to love. You can see it in her expressions.

Quote:
Perhaps he just saw Sakura as a vessel for him to bring the clan back. After all, using other people to suit his means has been his modus operandi throughout the whole series.
He used bad people. But he actually loves the good ones. Even Naruto. Tobirama made it quite clear that the Uchiha love too much. Sasuke is just afraid to show it after what happened to him. If he had never gone through all that heartache, he would have grown up to be a loving father like you guys seem to want. But he did go through it and it changed him quite a bit. Even more so than usual since he is an Uchiha and love, loss and chakra breaks their brains.

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2015-07-03 at 10:40.
Old 2015-07-03, 09:00   Link #54
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well...Sarada went through a lot less shit to see her dad compared to Gon
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 13:57   Link #55
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
well...Sarada went through a lot less shit to see her dad compared to Gon
but hunterxhunter is awesome, badass, interesting, cool, likeable, powerful, epic...
everything which naruto isnt...
it is as if you compare gold with trash
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 16:28   Link #56
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
but hunterxhunter is awesome, badass, interesting, cool, likeable, powerful, epic...
everything which naruto isnt...
it is as if you compare gold with trash
I assume you really liked it at some point in the beginning; when do you think the manga turned from being a good read?
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 17:38   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well been saying it since the very beginning that Sakura is the mom. People should've known that it wasn't Karen, and Kishi was just trolling, it was too predictable.
You can still hope for something interesting, instead of this boring ending and a stupid explanation. It's kinda sad how Sasuke turns out to be so ordinary after all what happened. But that still got a better explanation than another matter: why on earth would Sasuke have to go away again. Kinda stupid how the guy who was supposed to be the progenitor of the new Uchiha clan has less children than Naruto, and even that one child is just luckily saved by Naruto from some random enemies, and then Sasuke even almost cut her down

And of course he is the only one who can investigate some threat to the existence of the world, while all the other ninja and kage who basically have nothing to do because Naruto's world peace are doing absolutely nothing about it.

And finally we have Karin who still loves Sasuke, and since he doesn't care she just remains a virgin until she dies.

The only parts of this last chapter that i liked are Kabuto's new role and how Naruto didn't care about possible future problems and let those clone children live.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 21:09   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
And finally we have Karin who still loves Sasuke, and since he doesn't care she just remains a virgin until she dies.
yea, you're right. Sasuke should obviously cheat on Sakura. I'm sure that would make readers like him more

honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he just put another baby in her last chapter.
Old 2015-07-03, 23:37   Link #59
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Damn, Sasuke didn't even bother with Sakura before he left. 12 years and he didn't even kiss her goodbye. Didn't give her any money for that house loan either, spent his 12 years of salary on Majong or something. Keep holding those L's, Sakura.
Old 2015-07-04, 04:01   Link #60
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
yea, you're right. Sasuke should obviously cheat on Sakura. I'm sure that would make readers like him more

honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he just put another baby in her last chapter.
I didn't say Sasuke, its about Karin not moving on in her life. I'm not sure if being away for a decade from your family is not worse than "cheating". For Sasuke's character it would be more fitting if at some point in his journeys he had a child with Karin. Of course with only a 10 chapter gaiden it's impossible to tell a more complex story, i didn't know this would be so short so i had some hopes that some interesting story will unfold.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion