AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-16, 21:42   Link #5381
outerelf

Spoiler for Is this supposed to happen?:

I was recently re-reading volume 7, when I noticed the above quote. Are those words supposed to repeat twice?
Old 2010-10-16, 21:44   Link #5382
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Spoiler for About IB:
No, he probably just touched his school uniform and cancelled Mikoto's magnetism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Thanks a ton for posting this here And I'm surprised Mikoto haven't shown any other signs of sadness... maybe she's still in shock and will save the crying till after she get back to Academy City?
Well, it says at the very end that she cries.
Old 2010-10-16, 21:51   Link #5383
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
J.C. Staff may actually just replace Uragami with Itsuwa, assuming they're different people (which is my bet), since Uragami doesn't seem to appear much, if at all, after volume 7. And they've already expanded Itsuwa's role, though minorly so far. All they have to do is obviously place Itsuwa in Uragami's place and have her use a weapon she may not be familiar with, then change the dialogue accordingly so Saiji says Itsuwa instead of Uragami.

Has Uragami shown up since that time in novel 7? Because it could just be that Uragami is Itsuwa's surname. Her full name could be "Uragami Itsuwa" or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
No, he probably just touched his school uniform and cancelled Mikoto's magnetism.
Hmm. I guess that is more likely.
Old 2010-10-16, 21:54   Link #5384
Satehi

Darn, that's horrible for Mikoto.

Also, I have a little question about the cat, Sphinx. Does it have any relevance?
Old 2010-10-16, 21:58   Link #5385
Flere821
Lurker

Sphinx haven't shown up since Vol18... so I guess the cat's probably being fed by the England 1st princess along with her pet dog, as she picked up Sphinx when everyone else went off fighting Carrisa.

On a side note, this 1st princess uses pets as poison testers :P
Old 2010-10-16, 22:15   Link #5386
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
Darn, that's horrible for Mikoto.

Also, I have a little question about the cat, Sphinx. Does it have any relevance?
The cat ends up being the bad guy of the series. No one ever suspects the cat.
Old 2010-10-16, 23:08   Link #5387
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Sphinx haven't shown up since Vol18... so I guess the cat's probably being fed by the England 1st princess along with her pet dog, as she picked up Sphinx when everyone else went off fighting Carrisa.

On a side note, this 1st princess uses pets as poison testers :P
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Sphinx survives all the testing and becomes La Persona.
Old 2010-10-16, 23:37   Link #5388
Miraluka
Banned

Rimea can be very evil at some times... Sphynx ... La persona superiore a Dio?

Back the topic, I think Odin can be:
a) The real Odin.
b) A magician who is called Odin just like Ollerus is called... Ollerus :P.
c) Aogami?

There is more magicians capable to become a maijin besides Index? It would be interesting to see. Or maybe Index is .... nah.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-10-16 at 23:56.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:32   Link #5389
Phibrizzo
Honos628

A little thing people are forgetting, to become a member of the god right seat they purge their sin to be close to the holy Mary, that means they cant cast magic so Fiamma isnt a mage.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:37   Link #5390
tsunade666

the certain /a/non translator didn't translate when the fortress is descending and when Touma hammered it to Gabriel.

I want to see that translated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Wait, did Touma just cancel something from long range, without touching it?
the newly revived right hand can withstood an attack of the holy right. Brushing it claws away. If we compare it to his right hand before it got revived. He would have been thrown couple of meters or been pushed back by the power of holy right.

So we can assume that the current Imagine breaker had gone stronger.

And concerning Touma he can become a holy trinity himself

Touma
the one inside of him
and imagine breaker, considering it's a form of seal for the thing inside of him.

Like this

The one being enshrine (unknown being which resides inside Touma)
The one who seals the being that's been enshrined (Imagine breaker)
The one who houses the seal and the unknown being (Touma)

three persona in one body

back to odin. I actually thought it might be related to Touma or Aleister.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:56   Link #5391
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
A little thing people are forgetting, to become a member of the god right seat they purge their sin to be close to the holy Mary, that means they cant cast magic so Fiamma isnt a mage.
Yes, and Holy Right itself isn't a kind of magic but a special power which is same as IB.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:58   Link #5392
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Yes, and Holy Right itself isn't a kind of magic but a special power which is same as IB.
Which also happens to be powers adquired since born, both seems to be attached to their right hands and also both adjusts their power to match the dificulty of the enemy.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:59   Link #5393
tsunade666

Plus all of Fiamma's magic are based on holy right. They are not your ordinary magic. They are divine in origin.
Old 2010-10-17, 01:10   Link #5394
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
More like something with divine origins, just like Gabriel's Sweep....

I wonder if IB is divine in origin too....always viewed it as an anomaly...
Old 2010-10-17, 01:49   Link #5395
tsunade666

but aren't divine origin always falls in the format of Osiris or rather the time of Osiris. All the thing Aleister been doing is in format of Horus and it's all mans made stuff.

I still think IB is still a mystery and even if the author hint something. That didn't help much and it just ask to the question.

What's inside of him?
Old 2010-10-17, 01:59   Link #5396
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but aren't divine origin always falls in the format of Osiris or rather the time of Osiris. All the thing Aleister been doing is in format of Horus and it's all mans made stuff.

I still think IB is still a mystery and even if the author hint something. That didn't help much and it just ask to the question.

What's inside of him?
No....Christianity is the Age of Osiris. The religion itself (ie the method of interpreting God is outdated) Not that God or gods themselves are of the Osiris Age. Maybe the Horusian methods of AIM and psychic powers are just better and more accurate....
Old 2010-10-17, 02:16   Link #5397
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Spoiler for Is this supposed to happen?:

I was recently re-reading volume 7, when I noticed the above quote. Are those words supposed to repeat twice?
Ah, that was my mistake. The editor edited it just now.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:17   Link #5398
tsunade666

oh okay.

So the way the people interpret it or rather the people... hmm do it? is the format or age pertaining to it. (hard for me to explain)

but let's put it in an age for humans. Like the stone age and the metal age.

As the human progress and evolve so as the way they do things.

The Christianity is the way of the past and thus the age of Osiris.

Now the world is modern and the way one interpret things also evolve.

Now the new innovation of things are the age of Horus or rather Aleister's way is the way of Horus. The age of Magi Tech.

The god or the divine didn't age because they are immortals so it wouldn't matter to them on the ages of what human do to worship them.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:34   Link #5399
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Odinus is Odin in Danish. Aurrelus getting his seat as the god of magic taken away by a Odin under Danish name might be an analogy how Danish once dominated the Swedish.

Also, Fianma can use normal magic, but that is through the manipulation of the Holy Right as well; by using the same technique that effects the four elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
There is more magicians capable to become a maijin besides Index? It would be interesting to see. Or maybe Index is .... nah.
Index is close to a god of magic only because she had all the grimore stucked into his brain. But she did not went through the proper process to become one, and any one who had the same amount of knowledge on the grimores can have the same potential s her.

Aurrelus, for example, has read many grimores and can use their power at ease. And consider he can manipulate the knowledge from grimores so well that he can come up with Hliðskjálf, I would even say he is better than Index in using the knowledge from the grimores.

Quote:
But Aleister artificially created divine powers, which is Accelerator and Dark Matter. Since divine powers can be man made at this point, this actually adds to the possibility that IB is something artificial as well.

BTW, now looking at the whole Osiris/Horus thing again... could that be the difference between the Saints and Gemstones? They are both people of "talent" but Saints have the talent from the Aeon of Osiris and Gemstones have the talent from the Aeon of Horus.
Old 2010-10-17, 02:37   Link #5400
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
oh okay.

So the way the people interpret it or rather the people... hmm do it? is the format or age pertaining to it. (hard for me to explain)

but let's put it in an age for humans. Like the stone age and the metal age.

As the human progress and evolve so as the way they do things.

The Christianity is the way of the past and thus the age of Osiris.

Now the world is modern and the way one interpret things also evolve.

Now the new innovation of things are the age of Horus or rather Aleister's way is the way of Horus. The age of Magi Tech.

The god or the divine didn't age because they are immortals so it wouldn't matter to them on the ages of what human do to worship them.
Yes...like that. The Ages were more about how humanity viewed things.

Quote:
But Aleister artificially created divine powers, which is Accelerator and Dark Matter. Since divine powers can be man made at this point, this actually adds to the possibility that IB is something artificial as well.
I wouldn't call Accelerator or Dark Matter divine....not unless they are gods or creator entities in Heaven or something like that...

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen