AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-15, 22:56   Link #381
Apopo

Linda still in love wtih banri??? can you tell me?? Thanks.
Apopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 23:00   Link #382
Apopo

Apr , Thanks for the answers.
Old 2014-01-15, 23:02   Link #383
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
P.133: On a bench, Banri and Linda are talking about Mitsuo.
P.217: At uni, Banri and Kouko are inviting 2D-kun to a meat feast.
No travelling as such.
Thank you for the answer
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 00:42   Link #384
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopo View Post
Full of questions to be answered at that volume:

Quote:
The Dengeki newsletter today says Golden Time vol 8 is coming out March 8th. Also says it's the "climax", so maybe it's the last one?

◆ゴールデンタイム8
著/竹宮ゆゆこ イラスト/駒都えーじ
万里と香子がまさかの別離!? そして万里の記憶にも変化が起こりつつあり――。香子の
真の想いは? みんなの関係の行方は? 青春ラブコメ、クライマックス!

The bolded part says something about the fate/future of everyone's relationship?

Last edited by l.kostas; 2014-01-16 at 01:57.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 01:05   Link #385
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
The volume 8 announcement, to be released next March. Full of questions to be answered at that volume.
ゴールデンタイム8
著/竹宮ゆゆこ イラスト/駒都えーじ
万里と香子がまさかの別離!? そして万里の記憶にも変化が起こりつつあり――。香子の
真の想いは? みんなの関係の行方は? 青春ラブコメ、クライマックス!
It may have already been said somewhere, but according to that the next volume will be the climax, assumedly meaning the final volume.
Old 2014-01-16, 06:02   Link #386
Apopo

Quote:
She told Banri she doesn't (in vol 7), but she's miss Opposite, so who knows. Also possible she's changed her mind after that.

Another possibility is that she's dating Kosshii from the dance club.

It's intentionally left wide open at this point, to set up for the finale.

Thanks for the answers.
Old 2014-01-16, 10:31   Link #387
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
It's impossible to know. There's been no clear indication from Linda yet, just hints.

For all we know at this point, Linda may never have been in love with Banri.
Old 2014-01-16, 10:57   Link #388
Apopo

Quote:
It's impossible to know. There's been no clear indication from Linda yet, just hints.

For all we know at this point, Linda may never have been in love with Banri.
Apr , Don't you think ? Linda hide his feeling for Banri. in my opinion Linda still have feeling for Banri.
Old 2014-01-16, 12:24   Link #389
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Apr , Don't you think ? Linda hide his feeling for Banri. in my opinion Linda still have feeling for Banri.
Well, I hope she's in love with him. I just can't know, since it's still uncertain. Volume 8 should clear things up.
Old 2014-01-17, 10:53   Link #390
Apopo

Quote:
Well, I hope she's in love with him. I just can't know, since it's still uncertain. Volume 8 should clear things up.
I hope Linda in love with banri too , but i like kaga kouko too, hehe . Thanks for the answer
Old 2014-01-18, 15:37   Link #391
apr
Pedestrian

So anyway. There's a radical theory about Ghost Banri that's been mentioned in the 2ch Golden Time novel threads, after a particular scene in volume 7.

Spoiler for Vol 7 stuff:
Anyway, whether it's true or not is impossible to say at this point, but it certainly blew my mind when I read the book. Still, I wouldn't say it's the most likely theory.
Old 2014-01-19, 02:43   Link #392
Knight-A

Quote:
So anyway. There's a radical theory about Ghost Banri that's been mentioned in the 2ch Golden Time novel threads, after a particular scene in volume 7.

Spoiler for Vol 7 stuff:
Anyway, whether it's true or not is impossible to say at this point, but it certainly blew my mind when I read the book. Still, I wouldn't say it's the most likely theory.
well that theory blew my mind (like fuuuck, just woow),
well I started reading the manga about 2 years ago (since it appeared traduced in english), getting info of the light novel and well at first my first option for Banri was Linda-senpai (I generally like the underdog of the series), but after reading all this, she's a biiig indecisive one and most of all is a card that affects Kouko and Banri relationship of going steady (but she "doesn't try this" or i'm not so sure).

I didn't like the behaviour of Kouko (also she was the most probably winner in the end of this story so it gives me rage that), but how the history develops she is a lot of more great character that I believed (at least I like her more than the chibi one of toradora), but still not so sure if ending with Banri would result in the best ending.

and well didn't remember that the creator of this series was the same one of toradora and how things are happening (the end of volume 7, the release of volume 8 and the date of the ending of the anime) it all fix too perfect (how some people already said), toradora happening all over again it's just too obvious, if not the author is a freaking genius and I will follow every series that she makes, because toradora and golden time are really good at making character develops and golden time specially makes a more mature (well they are college students) approach. (I will probably start reading evergreen soon).

to finish, after reading all this opinions my reaction towards kouko changed (she's one of the reason I don't watch the anime, also I don't like the animation of the series, too attached to the manga art) so I will probably return to watch the anime, also I want to know how fast is advancing the anime making a comparison to the LN (4-5 episode to take all the first volume, but chapter 14 is already at volume 5).

I'm just new here, but I'm grateful for the people here, hope to learn more here.
greetings D
Knight-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 01:22   Link #393
Apopo

SHIT !!! I Hate Linda dating with Yana.
Old 2014-01-20, 01:57   Link #394
Pesti13nce

Spoiler for Apopo Quote:

Yea... this is the Light Novel/manga discussion.... not the anime one...

Your gonna wanna go here...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118396
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 02:24   Link #395
Apopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
Spoiler for Apopo Quote:

Yea... this is the Light Novel/manga discussion.... not the anime one...

Your gonna wanna go here...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118396
Linda like a bitch, I hate linda.

Do you think linda have feeling for banri?
Old 2014-01-20, 23:03   Link #396
amrul

Quote:

Spoiler for Vol 7 stuff:
It would be very, very, very interesting if it turns out that way.

By the way, do you have any idea whose thought it is at the prologue of the seventh volume? From the way it's addressing the speaker, it seems to be a girl (the boys in the novel use 'ore'). I don't know if it's just my limited Japanese skill or the writing itself is too deep, but I still don't get a hint of it.
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 04:58   Link #397
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
It would be very, very, very interesting if it turns out that way.

By the way, do you have any idea whose thought it is at the prologue of the seventh volume? From the way it's addressing the speaker, it seems to be a girl (the boys in the novel use 'ore'). I don't know if it's just my limited Japanese skill or the writing itself is too deep, but I still don't get a hint of it.
The author could be deliberately hiding it again. The prologue to the first novel gave me and several other people (native speakers of Japanese!) fits for a while. We couldn't decide whether Banri was male or female. The artwork didn't help much, as in that first volume the rendering of Banri was rather androgynous.

It didn't help that the author was also trying her best to conceal the identity of Linda in those few pages. It was difficult to translate that into Spanish, where gender identities are much more important to the language.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 06:03   Link #398
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
The author could be deliberately hiding it again. The prologue to the first novel gave me and several other people (native speakers of Japanese!) fits for a while. We couldn't decide whether Banri was male or female. The artwork didn't help much, as in that first volume the rendering of Banri was rather androgynous.

It didn't help that the author was also trying her best to conceal the identity of Linda in those few pages. It was difficult to translate that into Spanish, where gender identities are much more important to the language.
All this while I was trying to fit the thought into a suitable character (Banri, kouko, linda, or even chinami). But I couldn't find anyone suitable. My strongest feeling is Kouko, because of what happened at the end of volume 7, but I still doubt it
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 06:25   Link #399
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
All this while I was trying to fit the thought into a suitable character (Banri, kouko, linda, or even chinami). But I couldn't find anyone suitable. My strongest feeling is Kouko, because of what happened at the end of volume 7, but I still doubt it
You got me to pull the book out. Looking at that prologue, just a little over one page long, the first thing I can say is that it is absolutely a girl talking. In Takemiya's writing style, the only people who use 私 to refer to themselves are female. Furthermore, she is talking to a person either physically or virtually present, and she uses あなた (not あんた) to refer to that person, which is a more feminine mode of address, and furthermore, she is talking to somebody she cares about.

Quote:
振り返ればそこになにがあるのか、私にはわかっていた。
Furikaereba soko ni nani ga aru no ka, watashi ni wa wakatte ita.
When I looked back to see what was there, I understood.

愛があるのだ。
Ai ga aru no da.
There was love there.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 07:49   Link #400
l.kostas

Quote:
If the quoted text is from that scene and this is what Banri said, I can understand where that theory came from:
http://kenkenmk2.blog94.fc2.com/blog-entry-1496.html

万里のセリフ

千波が映すカメラに今存在する自分を残して友人達が
自分を探し出すきっかけにして欲しいと・・・過去を語る
その始まりの部分・・・すごく印象的だったので・・・

「・・・多田万里が、半泣きで走っている。
 深夜一時の東京の街は、東京のくせに真っ暗で、
 人気もなく、明かりのついている窓もない」

「・・・俺は、いうなれば幽霊みたいなもの」

「かつての名前は多田万里」
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags