Notices

Old 2011-04-07, 14:58   Link #41
Fran~
floating away...

God, Mabui si soooooo cute...

Is Chouji Eureka's relative?
Old 2011-04-07, 17:17   Link #42
KidKoolAid

Good chapter. I love that naruto skills are growing and he is wising up, but I still do not want to see him enter battle yet. There is no need for him currently the ninja alliance is holding there own quite well.

I don't think iruka will lie to him, but give him a reason to stay and train.

Team 10 becoming the future sannin would be awesome. Naruto and Sasuke are destined for greater things and I would love to see new legends born from this "war".
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 18:01   Link #43
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoolAid View Post
but I still do not want to see him enter battle yet.
It would be boring if Kishimoto does again the "this jutsu is 50% completed" plot trick, but now with the demon chakra ball. I assume Naruto didn't add the sage mode to his training, also he didn't add wind nature to that chakra ball, so lots of possibilities for combinations. But i really hope when he enters battle against Sasuke he won't be screwing up as a dumbass as he did against Kakuzu, just because he didn't finish his training and rushed to battle instead.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 18:34   Link #44
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Of course Tsunade can have a good reason for this change [...]
She doesn't have a good reason because she didn't agree with this.
It was decided when she was in a coma and she wasn't happy when she learned about it but the decision had been made and she had to go along with it.

And while the Kage did exactly what Madara wanted when they isolated the two last Jinchuuriki they also have a point, for all they know Madara could simply teleport on the battlefield, touch the Jinchuuriki and get out making the war pointless (which is most probably already the case but they don't know that).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 19:35   Link #45
Fran~
floating away...

But you know... Bee is in the same boat of Naruto. I bet that he wants to be in the battle.

Besides, if Madara can teleport to any place he wants, why he didn't make it yet?.
Madara wants a confrontation between Sasuke and Naruto, sameway Naruto is loyal to his beliefs about peace and love, Madara is loyal to his own beliefs and he wants to show to the world that the hatred is what rules. If you watched the latest anime episodes, you can watch how he laugh about words like "hope".
Old 2011-04-07, 21:57   Link #46
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
But you know... Bee is in the same boat of Naruto. I bet that he wants to be in the battle.
Well, his brother A mentioned during the 5 Kage Summit that Killer Bee would be more chaotic than strategic in the battlefield, and during the war summit in Kumo he seemed more interested in working on his rhymes...So somehow, given his laid-back characteristic nature, I'm doubtful that Killer Bee really wants to be in the battle, unless it gives him the inspiration to write new rhymes...

Either way, it's good to see this chapter give acknowledgment to the rest of Team 10, at least since Part II started...Shikamaru certainly held the spotlight during Asuma's death more than Chouji and Ino, so it was nice to see Chouji get some combat and character development...Ino got a little combat development herself, but she's the last one to get her share of character development, and who knows when that will happen since she's a female character... Above all that, it was interesting to see how each of Team 10's respective clans have held a tight and important role together as a core Konoha team for many generations, probably nothing less from a generation taught by a Sarutobi...

And Iruka? Well, I don't know what to think of this...I see a perfect omelet in Naruto's future, though...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 08:01   Link #47
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelmonster View Post
What happens next? The Kage's lock him up on Turtle Island and send second rate Ninja's to keep him inside just to play at his heart strings. Tsunade, Kakashi and Gaara all should have had more faith in Naruto, not counting the rest of Konoha! Do any of them, his peers and the Ninjas above him, believe they could defeat Sasuke? He took on the Kage's and held his own with eyes that had a weakness, now they will not make him go blind as easily as they did before! Now he will have Madara and Orichimaru(Kabuto whatever) to back him up along with zombie-Pein and probably zombie-Jiraiya! One of them along coudl probably take out the entire generation fo Konoha characters who went through with Naruto :-/
Umm, yeah. Have you been reading the war at all? The whole point of the war is to hype the other characters. Just look at what the other name ninja are doing. Even Choji, who everyone thought was a lowly ninja, has some scary power. No longer is everyone helpless. Even Tenten.

This is thankfully much different than the Pain Arc when everyone was made to be useless and relied on Naruto to save them. For all the complaints about the war, I'll give it that.

No character can roll through everyone. Madara, Sasuke, Nagato, Kabuto, Itachi, and even zombie Jiraiya couldn't take out everyone. Kinkaku and Ginkaku were scary legends and were mainly take out by four people using teamwork. Other "legends" have been dropping like flies. Kishi is showing you when talented name ninja work together, they can beat anyone. And that Naruto's generation is very special. Kakashi might defeat the 7 swordsmen with help from Sakura and Lee. Ino-Shika-Cho are going to end a huge battle on their own. People would of laughed if you said that before. The power levels aren't what you are use to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
God, Mabui si soooooo cute...
I ship these two now.
http://marise567.deviantart.com/art/...Home-203005399
Old 2011-04-08, 08:57   Link #48
Kallen4life

Quote:
Umm, yeah. Have you been reading the war at all? The whole point of the war is to hype the other characters. Just look at what the other name ninja are doing. Even Choji, who everyone thought was a lowly ninja, has some scary power. No longer is everyone helpless. Even Tenten.

This is thankfully much different than the Pain Arc when everyone was made to be useless and relied on Naruto to save them. For all the complaints about the war, I'll give it that.

No character can roll through everyone. Madara, Sasuke, Nagato, Kabuto, Itachi, and even zombie Jiraiya couldn't take out everyone. Kinkaku and Ginkaku were scary legends and were mainly take out by four people using teamwork. Other "legends" have been dropping like flies. Kishi is showing you when talented name ninja work together, they can beat anyone. And that Naruto's generation is very special. Kakashi might defeat the 7 swordsmen with help from Sakura and Lee. Ino-Shika-Cho are going to end a huge battle on their own. People would of laughed if you said that before. The power levels aren't what you are use to.
quite true, but that's just plot shield (& stick) beat zombies .. Sasuke & Madara aren't zombies (they are in fact, a main character and the main antagonist) - they just might and perhaps will roll through the alliance .. or just KO some big shots like the kages etc.

Naruto will obviously be needed to handle at least one of em

also, if Madara really does unleash the 7 bijuu on em - THAT might roll through quite nicely
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 09:30   Link #49
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Well, his brother A mentioned during the 5 Kage Summit that Killer Bee would be more chaotic than strategic in the battlefield, and during the war summit in Kumo he seemed more interested in working on his rhymes...So somehow, given his laid-back characteristic nature, I'm doubtful that Killer Bee really wants to be in the battle, unless it gives him the inspiration to write new rhymes...
Probably you are right, but Bee's comrades are dying out there.... and i don't think that Bee would be worrying about his rhymes.
I believe that the only thing who keeped it Bee in there was Naruto, because he feels the need to teach Naruto.
OTOH... i really have this feeling that Bee and Hachibi are like Spike Spiegel and Jet Black... Spike really didn't care about a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Nah.... Mabui and Raikage are canon.

Spoiler for cute mabui is cute:
Old 2011-04-08, 09:39   Link #50
qwertyuiopz

it was nice seeing asuma for the last time but the fight i really want to see is gaara with the other 4 kages
im also wondering where the previous mizukage is he was showed summoned
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 09:51   Link #51
Angelmonster

Quote:

No character can roll through everyone. Madara, Sasuke, Nagato, Kabuto, Itachi, and even zombie Jiraiya couldn't take out everyone.were scary legends and were mainly take out by four people using teamwork. Other "legends" have been dropping like flies. Kishi is showing you when talented name ninja work together, they can beat anyone. And that Naruto's generation is very special. Kakashi might defeat the 7 swordsmen with help from Sakura and Lee. Ino-Shika-Cho are going to end a huge battle on their own. People would of laughed if you said that before. The power levels aren't what you are use to.

I ship these two now.
http://marise567.deviantart.com/art/...Home-203005399

I have been reading the war, Kinkaku and Ginkaku were defeated by a plot device which was rather idiotic imho. I understand this is showing us that not only is Team 7 special but all of them are but as I said these are not the big guns.

Pein - His ability allowed him to destroy Konoha, besides the one flying Kage I doubt anyone else would be able to stop him if he decided to use this ability.

Itachi - No one can counter the MS, even Kakashi was stuck inside his Genjutsu. Couple that with Susanoo and he will go on a hack and slash spree.

Kabutochimaru - Orochimaru has proven again and again that he can wiggle his way out fo anything and always has a trick up his sleeve, he was able to defeat Sandaime who has shown more talent then Chouji's butterfly wings.

Zombie Jiraiya - I am not saying he can go and defeat every single character but again he has a lot of talent, stronger then anyone in Konoha who fell to Pein.

Sasuke - Now has an almost limitless ability with his eyes. He was able to stand up against the combined force of the Kage's and only "lost" because of his limit with his eyes. Now that that has been extended he will be another formidable foe. You can throw as many jutsu as you want at him but when you think he is dead and realise you are just in a genjutsu then what good is your abilties against that?

Madara - We do not know what he can do, he has never actually fought yet. If he can warp the space around him he should have formidable abilities. Not to mention he might be able to unleash the Bijuu and as the Villages are fighting the Bijuu then he can take the fighters out one by one.

I am not sayign Naruto is going to come in and pull a Pein on us (defeat every villain himself). I am just saying he has some powerful things going for him; the blood of his parents running through his veins, jutsu that is considered genius level (remember the shuriken-throw was considered amazing amongest the ninjas and sages). The Kyuubi referred to him as feeling liek the Sage of PAths himself. He has the Sage-nature chacra ability to couple with the Kyuubi's chakra ability. He has shown more talent then any other ninja in this series besides Sasuke, Kakashi and Ichimaru.

I just believe a power house like Naruto would have been a better asset then trying to lock him up. He has proven himself capable plenty of times and to say he isn't is false. If he is not capable in this fight how is the rest of Konoha if they were defeated by Pein and needed to rely on Naruto to defeat him?
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 11:31   Link #52
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
Dude, good guys NEVER lose in this story. There's no suspense. Kishimoto loves all the good guys too much to kill them, but not enough to actually develop them.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 11:58   Link #53
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
Dude, good guys NEVER lose in this story. There's no suspense. Kishimoto loves all the good guys too much to kill them, but not enough to actually develop them.
What are you talking about? Jiraiya is dead, as is Asuma. The only one who cheated death was Kakashi, he really should have remained dead because it would have been more epic to have Naruto forgive Nagato even though he killed both of his teachers (who were liek fathers to him).
Old 2011-04-08, 12:00   Link #54
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
Uhh, so what do you want, the good guys to be equal fodder as the bad guys? You do that, you won't be left with any characters left to drive the story...

While the kill:death ratio is much more favored for the protagonists than it is for the antagonists, it's usually the expected route with shounen stories like these...However, that doesn't mean Kishimoto hasn't killed off any good guys before, and what rare times he actually does leave a protagonist to die, it's because they have a large influencing role with multiple characters that not only changes the flow of the story, but also diverges development of a character into a completely different direction than where they were before...

The main exception would have to be Pain's literal deus ex move when he revived all of Konoha with Rinne Tensei, mainly because Naruto's philosophical epiphany was found and his character ideology ultimately established, and because, well, by all continuity with similar powers to the Sage of Six Paths, Nagato was actually capable of such things with the Rinnegan...

Look past that, though, and you'll still find the real deaths of Hiruzen, Asuma, and Jiraiya...Look at the deaths of just those three characters, and you try to tell me fissures of large scale didn't just change a whole hell of a lot of things for the rest of the protagonists...Try to tell me that their deaths weren't a springboard for character development for others where before they still had a slight sense of naivete to the world around them...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 12:14   Link #55
Kallen4life

true, but, so far, in a major WAR, no good guys have died .. even though they're up against the immortal elites of the ninja world (supposedly)

that might change though and all will be well
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 12:53   Link #56
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
true, but, so far, in a major WAR, no good guys have died .. even though they're up against the immortal elites of the ninja world (supposedly)

that might change though and all will be well
Weren't ther eminor character deaths at the very beginning of the war? When Deidara and company moved in?
Old 2011-04-08, 15:38   Link #57
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Weren't there minor character deaths at the very beginning of the war? When Deidara and company moved in?
Let's see, Muta from the Aburame clan was killed, Fuu from the Yamanaka clan was sacrificed and Torune also from the Aburame clan was killed as well. Samui and Atsui are sealed away and Anko and Yamato are POW's. Then there are the fodder deaths like Tajiki. Question is, who among the named characters is likely to die in the coming chapters?

I can see Oonoki biting the dust in the end, no pun intended. Genma and Raido have both had near death experiences so I can see them dying to showcase Zetsu's power, maybe. Choji's dad has been fighting pretty hard and now that he see's Choji is ready to be the next head of the clan, I can see him bowing out. Kurotsuchi, the leader of division 2 could die. He seems a little shady. Most of the big names have the plot shield. Not just the Konoha 11. Kakashi, Tsunade, Gaara... these people have kind of already died. I don't think we'll see it again.

I think the trend has been family members of popular Konoha clans. Maybe Kiba's sister, or Neji's uncle/Hinata's father. Apart from that, I think the human toll will mostly be felt from swaths of no-name fodder deaths once Kabuto is left with just his heavy hitters to focus on. By the end of the war, the only ones left will be the major characters and the Konoha 11. Then when we see the battlefield pictures after the fact, will we truley get the whole 'war' feeling. Then the final battles will take place with Madara and Sasuke.

Or so I think.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 17:24   Link #58
Ero-Senn1n

It's a given thing that the alliance will face a crysis, otherwise there would be no main role for Naruto in his own manga.
For now all the time is spent on secondary characters like Choji and Ino, and many others. That's ok, it's a good warmup for the big action that will come when Naruto and Sasuke come back to kick asses.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 17:45   Link #59
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
I have been reading the war, Kinkaku and Ginkaku were defeated by a plot device which was rather idiotic imho.
You can say the same thing about Pain's defeat or any other character. The Konoha ninja were able to gather information about Pain's bodies and relay it to Naruto through Tsunade's slugs. They also solved the mystery for him. Even with all that he still LOST. Only to be saved by a convenient plot device with Hinata getting "killed" in front of him which caused him to go Kyuubi. Then we had an even bigger plot device with his father showing up inside his head for storytime. You want to talk about what happened with Kinkaku and Ginkaku now?

Quote:
Pein - His ability allowed him to destroy Konoha, besides the one flying Kage I doubt anyone else would be able to stop him if he decided to use this ability.

Itachi - No one can counter the MS, even Kakashi was stuck inside his Genjutsu. Couple that with Susanoo and he will go on a hack and slash spree.

Kabutochimaru - Orochimaru has proven again and again that he can wiggle his way out fo anything and always has a trick up his sleeve, he was able to defeat Sandaime who has shown more talent then Chouji's butterfly wings.

Zombie Jiraiya - I am not saying he can go and defeat every single character but again he has a lot of talent, stronger then anyone in Konoha who fell to Pein.

Sasuke - Now has an almost limitless ability with his eyes. He was able to stand up against the combined force of the Kage's and only "lost" because of his limit with his eyes. Now that that has been extended he will be another formidable foe. You can throw as many jutsu as you want at him but when you think he is dead and realise you are just in a genjutsu then what good is your abilties against that?

Madara - We do not know what he can do, he has never actually fought yet. If he can warp the space around him he should have formidable abilities. Not to mention he might be able to unleash the Bijuu and as the Villages are fighting the Bijuu then he can take the fighters out one by one.
None of those guys are going to do any more than what the other zombies are doing now as long as the Alliance works together. We have Muu, who with the dust release, can wipe out huge areas. Who knows what the other Kages can do? We had Hanzou who was this amazing ninja that defeated the Sannin when they were in their 20s. Kinkaku and Ginkaku scared the Raikage and defeat the Second Hokage and Second Raikage. Yet they were defeated or are being stopped and will be defeated in the near future. The Alliance is well prepared unlike when Pain attacked Konoha.

This isn't Dragon Ball Z where everyone has to wait around for Goku. And Naruto sure isn't Goku.

Quote:
I just believe a power house like Naruto would have been a better asset then trying to lock him up. He has proven himself capable plenty of times and to say he isn't is false. If he is not capable in this fight how is the rest of Konoha if they were defeated by Pein and needed to rely on Naruto to defeat him?
Gaara's reasoning was that Naruto would try too hard to protect his friends and ultimately would be more of a liability on the battlefield. He wouldn't listen to any orders and try to do everything. This would open him up to whatever Madara had planned. While Gaara and the Kages lacked faith in Naruto, they assumed he would lack faith in them.

Right now the Alliance doesn't need Naruto. I mean their winning percentage is at 100%. Maybe when the tables are turned and Madara reveals his real plan, but at the moment the Alliance and Naruto's buddies are kicking arse and showing they are also strong.

We are in an age where Tenten is wielding a legendary weapon and a team which includes Ino and Choji, just said they are ending a battle with tens of thousands of Zetsu and powerful zombies running around, without a hint of irony. The war is more about Naruto's friends becoming legends than Naruto or Sasuke who are already legends in their own right.
Old 2011-04-08, 21:21   Link #60
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I wonder if Kishimoto will give us some numbers on this war. It's hard to tell what is happening with the fodder. 20,000 Zetsu clones attacked Darui. Let's say his division was about 12,000 given we know there are 80,000 Alliance troops spread over five main divisions with four specialty companies. Asuma, Dan, Kakuzu, and Hizashi probably killed a lot of fodder. Kinkaku's rampage wiped out a lot of fodder according to Tenten. So let's say maybe 3,000 of Darui's troops are left. Shikamaru arrive with half of Gaara's division. That should be about 6,000. So now there are about 9,000 troops there. The Zetsu lost many but still outnumber the Alliance. The new Saninn aka Team 10, will take care of that with an uber jutsu. But before that happens I expect Dan's ghost jutsu to go off. So that should leave somewhere around 8,000 troops to return to help Gaara. And who knows how many fodder Kakashi lost to the mist?

So basically Madara in this war has managed to kill off a lot of fodder, Samui, her stupid one chapter brother, two Aburame, and that Fuu guy. Great success!

Quote:
None of those guys are going to do any more than what the other zombies are doing now as long as the Alliance works together.
Which is why Madara's plan should have been to turn them against each other. It wouldn't be that hard given the years of mistrust. He certainly wasn't going to defeat them with underpowered Zetsu fodder.

I still hope that is what he intends to do with he Daimyo. A weird thing in this chapter. Two Sand ninja on the sealing team started yelling at each other. Tensions are pretty high. Again, it wouldn't take a lot to create chaos into the Alliance ranks.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion