AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-04, 03:28   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character discussion - Saji Crossroad

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Saji related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Gundam fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 05:21   Link #2
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

He's either gooing to be a Gundam pilot or support to Celestial Being, most likely support though.

His next step is most likely tracing his sister's death, it might be wild speculation but I think he may have a part in getting the public to support CB again.

I very much doubt he will be an enemy to CB in future, he will most likely find out the truth behind Aeolia and CB.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 05:52   Link #3
Nuiihren

I can only say what I've already said:

Why are so many people still convinced that SAJI will pilot a Gundam?

Saji whose girlfriend lost her family and her arm because of Gundams. Saji who lost his sister who is his only living relative because she investigated on Celestial Being and Gundams. And HE is going to become a Gundam Meister?

That's just unlikely to happen. There wouldn't be any logic in it. Saji is certainly going to be absolutely anti Celestial Being. Maybe he will join the army but NOT Celestial Being.
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 07:41   Link #4
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer View Post
He's either gooing to be a Gundam pilot or support to Celestial Being, most likely support though.

His next step is most likely tracing his sister's death, it might be wild speculation but I think he may have a part in getting the public to support CB again.

I very much doubt he will be an enemy to CB in future, he will most likely find out the truth behind Aeolia and CB.
Unlikely, close to impossible. He may hold a grudge against CB and join some terrorist organizations and become a suicide bomber, or act as a spy against CB if he ever finds out that his neighbor is a Gundam Meister, but joining CB or piloting a Gundam is definitely out of the question.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 08:06   Link #5
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
I think you guys are thinking this a little to hard. He might just be a normal person. The creators of Gundam probably want people to see the CB's events from a normal person's view. And how he reacts to the events.
HayashiMugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 08:40   Link #6
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
rofl this character that used to be utter useless for 17ish episode is now getting a character thread
it took a huge amount of misfortune (euphemism ) falling on him for us to gather around him like vultures waiting for a dying beast to give its last breath.

i just cant see how he ll evolve, so much has happened to him in so little time that it s impossible to know what is going to happen, need to let the dust settle down first.
concidering his "apathic nature" so far i cant see him become a pilote or an active protagonist, yet all of what happened could be all that was needed to make his character change completely.
his predisposition toward engeniering could make him a spaceship engenieror a crew member for a faction, his link with his dead sister could turn him into a reporter to follow the path of both of his former relative.
too many path are open at the moment to be sure, since he could just go into a shinji emo state or just go psycho and start unleashing his hatred.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 08:53   Link #7
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

He'll become a reporter and probably either end up dead by the time G00 finishes or get a background voice role in the end documenting on how CB changed the world.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 09:04   Link #8
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I agree with Saji becoming a reporter and uncovers Celestial Beings' secret. And he will be the first Crossroad who is not imprisoned or killed
Old 2008-03-04, 09:27   Link #9
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I agree with Saji becoming a reporter and uncovers Celestial Beings' secret. And he will be the first Crossroad who is not imprisoned or killed
This sound very possible.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 09:31   Link #10
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for Saji:

On other technical matters, Irino Miyu was pretty good voicing him, knowing that he did strong characters before, like Haku in Spirited Away and Sora in KH.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 11:33   Link #11
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
This sound very possible.
The most plausible out of the so far listed possibilities.

Saji pilot? DO.NOT.WANT.

And I'm still curious how people see him becoming an aid/helper for CB. Usually when an organization kills your family and friends... you don't want to do anything but destroy them.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 11:45   Link #12
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The most plausible out of the so far listed possibilities.

Saji pilot? DO.NOT.WANT.

And I'm still curious how people see him becoming an aid/helper for CB. Usually when an organization kills your family and friends... you don't want to do anything but destroy them.
Yeah that's what I was wondering too.

Eitherway a reporter/detective seems to be what path he'll take. I think this sets up his road though as he tries to unravel the mystery of this "terrorist organization" that ruined his life.

I mean the arguments for CB support are just atrocious.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 11:47   Link #13
Funkatron
Highly irregular

if current rumors about:
Spoiler:
are true, then Saji will most likely become one of the driving forces for that, considering he studied to be an engineer. The 3 blocs are going to need his expertise. A pilot, he will not become. If they do, I will give up 00 like a bad habit.

To me, he has no choice but to go a route connected to an upcoming war. He may have started as a Joe everybody, watching the war from afar but he's well past that now. He's been pulled in by many things: the terrorist attack, Louise's tragedy and now his sister's death. He can't go back to being innocent and an observer anymore. He'll play a more important part now. The question now is which part. Reporter, like his sister and Dad? Engineer to help one of the blocs (or all of them)? Only time will tell
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 13:41   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
It would be rather interesting to see Saji carry on the family tradition, though we don't really have a lot to go on with him taking up that path in life. For now all we can go by is the family job, and wanting some kind of revenge for what happened to his sister.

Either way, Saji has become much more of a great character, and i can't wait to see where his development will take us.
Old 2008-03-04, 16:15   Link #15
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

He doesn't necessarily have to become a reporter in order to investigate his sister's death... since she was doing her research without full JNN backing, he could potentially continue where she left off. Whatever happens, I think we can be pretty sure that Saji will be going into space to do *something*, since it's Louise's dream for him and they promised to meet again there. He's only 17, so she's probably talking about some kind of higher education or engineering apprenticeship. They don't let kids fresh out of high school build mobile suits, though... so going into space might be a convenient excuse to pursue a CB presence there. They've built him up so much that I don't think he'll be another mostly irrelevant everyman like Keith from Turn-A... who knows, Saji could become a part of a faction separate from either CB or the UN Alliance (which are both being manipulated by the same people anyway).
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 20:00   Link #16
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

I don't think Saji becoming a pilot is impossible, it is unlikely but Saji is probably capable of it. Anyone who says it is impossible must think he will suddenly transform into a pro pilot without any training what-so-ever, if it did happen it would be a slow transition to climatize the viewer.Saji has about as much chance as becoming a support engineer as he is now as becoming a Gundam Meister, studying engineering does not mean he is an engineer.

I don't see Saji becoming a reporter either, he will definitely follow up his sister's leads but he probably won't be a reporter.

Also I don't see Saji as long term future opposition to Celestial Being, I think it will be definite that he finds out CB wasn't responsible for his losses and maybe help them.

or he might just be a character that observes the world change.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 20:21   Link #17
chitgoks

it's strongly possible he'll continue his sister's work
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 22:18   Link #18
tarachi
Observer

With 4 Episodes left in Season 1, he'll be in Season 2 and be responsible to reveal the real CB (not the CB masking as the eradicator of war represented by the meisters) and will awaken the world (which by then using the CB technology) that they fell to the trap.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 22:50   Link #19
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

if saji becomes super gundam mecha pilot in s2, i'll shoot the writer.

saji's purpose was to show the effect of war from a civilian standpoint. anything else would make people hate him more than they do already

btw, that picture used in the first post makes him look like Hiromi from TT... maybe its the shape of the head
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 23:07   Link #20
sart

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
if saji becomes super gundam mecha pilot in s2, i'll shoot the writer.

saji's purpose was to show the effect of war from a civilian standpoint. anything else would make people hate him more than they do already

btw, that picture used in the first post makes him look like Hiromi from TT... maybe its the shape of the head
While i do agree he is there to show the human POV i dont think he's just there just simply for the civilian aspect. Otherwise whats the point in the whole CB investigation thing with his sister? He'll be involved with the war at some point or another. I dont see him being a pilot, probably something small.
sart is offline   Reply With Quote