AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-12, 16:47   Link #4221
Avvesione

I liked Chapter 26. Third Shelter is probably my 2nd most favorite arc since it's mostly interesting fighting going on. There's a lot of mysteries about people's fragments and fighting styles and, for a first time reader, really intriguing when you're trying to figure out stuff for yourself. Plus, you get to see a lot of people fight for the first time.

I wonder if there's going to be another setting similar to Third Shelter later on with multiple baddies fighting multiple good guys. Everything since then has been pretty much one v one aside from the little fight we got here in Chapter 75.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 17:33   Link #4222
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I wonder if there's going to be another setting similar to Third Shelter later on with multiple baddies fighting multiple good guys.
I can see this happening in the current arc and in the one that follows.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 20:55   Link #4223
Sekirei07

Quote:
Remember how after Blade was hit from the first Forth Wave, he used DDFH to dodge the latter ones (as well as get close to do the headbang). That's why I think she'd be able to avoid Saten's Forth Wave attack. Also, I know what you said about her attacking in straight lines (what Rin said) but in earlier battles she would attack Blade from behind and other angles.

(looking back, I guess Blade never did meet Uten or Kurumi).
Blade dodged the second forth wave because he was not already in motion when Saten fired it. He jumped to the side quickly where he started from a sitting position. Once your momentum is built it is almost impossible to change your direction unless some outside force is applied. (Newton's laws)

Remember later Blade dodged Aruka's Heat Explosion right? But to get himself to stop he had to dig his hands into the ground to stop his momentum.

Setsuna's fragment does not feel like missing link level because the speed factor only applies to her physical body but not her thought process. She can never truly master the concept of speed if she can't keep up with it

Than again Uten's fragment seemed fairly incomplete as well. Imai Kami stated in his bonus pages that Uten's fragment could not turn organic matter invisible, thats why he never tried to hide himself or make himself invisible to escape from Eve. He could have been the perfect assassin but because of that flaw he could only amount to a magician....

Blade did kind meet Kurumi, well her brain was at least alive long enough for him to get her fragment lol. Blade should have kissed Aruka and made her his slave lol...

I wonder why Rin did not stay with Cruz, she is expelled from St. Rose and thus no longer a part of Simeon so shouldn't she stick with him?
Old 2010-05-12, 21:55   Link #4224
Avvesione

Rin could still be at Kana Village with Seto and Solva. She was last seen after Hatfield died, so there's the possibility she's still there.

Also, going back to Speed, there's a lot of cases where Setsuna, Blade, or Arclight have been able to change direction:

Spoiler:

Side note: I'm guessing it'd be too hard to change direction with DDBB and DDRT since those two are faster than DDFH.
Old 2010-05-12, 22:46   Link #4225
Sekirei07

Hmm but remember with Arclight he doesn't just memorize, he makes them stronger. He could be able to handle multi directional movements. Plus who knows if he might have had some other fragment that increases kinetic vision, or maybe just how he is.

Remember Rin said Setsuna kinetic vision is the same as a normal "human" and Blade and Arclight sure as hell arent normal humans lol

Actually the very last image we have seen of Rin is Blade smashing his head against hers and tossing her aside bleeding from the forehead lol

Also I think I remember reading that DDFH and DDRS are movements of Mach 5 and Mach 9 speed according to Setsuna's data. That picture of Setsuna at the top dodging blade's punch can be done with her moving in a straight line just to the right of Blade's hand and since she did not have to travel a big distance the final velocity would not be great enough to make it difficult to slow down. Like a car that just starts moving is quicker to stop than a car that is already moving is to stop.
Old 2010-05-12, 23:14   Link #4226
Avvesione

I've already forgotten what we're arguing about aside it has to do with Speed nad linearity. Well, I put out all 4 images since there's a vector change in each. Looking the starting and stopping position and how the person is facing a different direction. I don't know what else to say.

Also, the last time we saw Rin was in Chapter 73:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-13, 03:48   Link #4227
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Needless speed is like teleportation.
Old 2010-05-13, 16:57   Link #4228
Avvesione

I just realized that Eve hasn't seen Yamada yet. The last time she saw Cruz was when in 54 (or 55 although that's when she went into the hospital) which was a couple chapters before we saw Cruz become Yamada. Can't wait to see the reaction when she sees him as Yamada for the first time.

Hope that's coming up soon. Eve hasn't said anything since Chapter 54
Old 2010-05-13, 19:06   Link #4229
Sekirei07

Well Blade memory Eve has talked =P

Also just finished 63, the St. Rose arc is complete. I think Disk summed up Eve's reaction to Cruz perfectly

Kinda funny with the Dual releases right now. Early chapters are of Cruz against the girl squad and later ones are of Cruz becoming the girl squad lol

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2010-05-13 at 19:29.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 19:44   Link #4230
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
the St. Rose arc is complete.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss St. Rose.
I'm glad he put the Pretty Girl Squad in this last month's color page, tho. (makes a great wallpaper too!)

Quote:
Kinda funny with the Dual releases right now. Early chapters are of Cruz against the girl squad and later ones are of Cruz becoming the girl squad lol
Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. It's nice to have two groups working on subbing the series at the same time. I kinda wonder if the other group will do Chapters 50+ or what.
Old 2010-05-13, 20:55   Link #4231
Sekirei07

never hurts to get a second opinion

Edit: Hmm... anyone think its possible for Needless to get into the top 100 on mangafox with the current release rate?

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2010-05-13 at 23:07.
Old 2010-05-14, 00:34   Link #4232
Avvesione

I didn't see a top 100 list but I doubt it since judging from the number of views. It's getting more popular but I think most people who read it are getting it from pewpew's site/torrents and doing it that way.

Also, I like the thread you started over there for people to talk about the latest chapter. Kinda funny since they don't know what's happened between 63-78 yet lol... kinda wanna see their reactions to stuff.
Old 2010-05-14, 01:09   Link #4233
Kefit

Chapter 63's out! http://pyupyu.wordpress.com/2010/05/...s-63-released/

Quote:
Also, I like the thread you started over there for people to talk about the latest chapter. Kinda funny since they don't know what's happened between 63-78 yet lol... kinda wanna see their reactions to stuff.
Seeing the reactions of people who don't know what's coming is one of my favorite parts about doing this.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 01:34   Link #4234
Avvesione

Thanks for the release! Going to be sad this is the last time I see Setsuna for a while... (unless she's in Blade's memories).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post
Seeing the reactions of people who don't know what's coming is one of my favorite parts about doing this.
Unfortunately you have us who've been talking about the last 8 chapters for almost 200 pages now. I'm surprised more people haven't joined this thread to talk about Needless since there's a pretty good following now. Maybe when everything has been scanlated maybe...
Old 2010-05-14, 05:50   Link #4235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's good to see Disk again after the end of the very entertaining St. Rose arc. I spent most of my time laughing my arse off at her reactions towards Yamada while reading this chapter.
Old 2010-05-14, 09:20   Link #4236
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
never hurts to get a second opinion

Edit: Hmm... anyone think its possible for Needless to get into the top 100 on mangafox with the current release rate?
at the time i post this, needlessis in 738th place. i havent seen a series listing by top 100 yet but all series do have some ranking.

Last edited by X207; 2010-05-14 at 09:35.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 09:24   Link #4237
Sekirei07

I wonder how often it is updated, I am sure that if its done every end of month than it will be sure to skyrocket in ranking by June.

Best line ever: Fucking Ridiculous Moe Girl!

Also this latest chapter explains something later on. Remember that part where it looked like Cruz stopped a Testament without even touching it? It was because of his membership card that the testament stopped. This also explains why Cruz would give it to Kanna.

So Kanna's village won't be attacked by Testaments anymore because it looks like an active member of the Killer Girl Squad is still in the village, so maybe Simeon will just think everything is fine because it looks like someone is still stationed there. But I guess Solva and Seto are there just in case.

That is noble of Cruz to give up his protection for the sake of another... but so like him.

I wonder why Blade did not use Bionic Compressor against Saten. Most of the fragments Blade has used on him have been able to be countered by Saten's. But Saten could not change anything about Blade inflicting Decompression Sickness on Saten.

Also it posses the ability to make Saten's fragment backfire on himself. If Blade creates a huge amount of air pressure around Saten and Saten tries to use forth wave, the first spark would cause the area around Saten to explode due to all the compressed Oxygen around him. You know like how Oxygen tanks are flammable. But Blade just seems to want to fight Saten with his own powers it seems...

But than again its possible Blade does not know how to use Rin's fragment. He never saw her fight and he only memorized it via Byakugou and Blade still can't use it if he does not see it first. Like how he took the same stance as Saten but was not able to fire it off.

It seems like the Byakugou when used makes Blade into basically a newborn needless, he has all the potential but he does not have the training to control it right. He really has to use his brain to make them work.

Anyone feel that Bionic Compressor is perhaps Blade's most powerful fragment for now? I would say Hatfield's but Blade only learned one tech of it, not the whole package. Man I write a lot and I got my Chem final in 20 min I should study lol

Last edited by Sekirei07; 2010-05-14 at 09:39.
Old 2010-05-14, 09:42   Link #4238
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
I wonder how often it is updated, I am sure that if its done every end of month than it will be sure to skyrocket in ranking by June.

Best line ever: Fucking Ridiculous Moe Girl!
that may happen but the rank can only improve if the chapters keep coming (im not trying to put pressure on the groups scanning the manga). series come and go and some rise from 500th or lower to top 100 or even top 10 for a few weeks and then it dies down.
Old 2010-05-14, 10:43   Link #4239
Avvesione

^
Are the rankings done by views or what? Kinda curious now.

I think Blade will need to see Rin use the fragment once before he can use it on his own. He did see Hatfield's fragments and was able to copy it and use it. I think that Rainmaker would probably be his strongest fragment, but I'm not sure what he knows right now (he's only used Flame and Rainmaker since PF Blast).

Also, I'm not sure how Rin's fragment would work on Saten since he does have Stream Distortion as a Wind move.
Old 2010-05-14, 11:24   Link #4240
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
^
Are the rankings done by views or what? Kinda curious now.

I think Blade will need to see Rin use the fragment once before he can use it on his own. He did see Hatfield's fragments and was able to copy it and use it. I think that Rainmaker would probably be his strongest fragment, but I'm not sure what he knows right now (he's only used Flame and Rainmaker since PF Blast).

Also, I'm not sure how Rin's fragment would work on Saten since he does have Stream Distortion as a Wind move.
im not too sure but id venture to say its based on highest monthly viewings. i think needless can make it to top 100 rather easily when the time comes. lol the last 2 pages of ch63 were funny as hell. i dont think cruz will return to normal clothing until disk's body is repaired. whats the status of disk's HQ? im sure if she went back there she could get the neccessary parts to repair the body.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen