AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-21, 20:20   Link #261
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
You can't deny 33k voters though. In my opinion, this has much more of a presence than "overseas" polls. That being said, I think the voting started before the Charlotte episode, so I'd imagine that a lot of the voters are light novel readers or everyone likes Charlotte's design. Not to mention that Cecilia is second behind Charlotte in Pixiv as well.
It wasn't my intention to deny them, I acknowledge that poll and its results.
I'm just saying that, as an anime-only viewer (like the majority of overseas people), a poll made by other "overseas" anime-only viewers is more appealing to me, instead of a poll with so many voters (probably including many light novel readers, which I'm not). not that it's bad or anything, just saying...

Cecilia second on Pixiv? I'm certainly not surprised.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:33   Link #262
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Cecilia second on Pixiv? I'm certainly not surprised.
Actually, I take that back. Laura's definitely second. For some reason, I missed Laura's name as I was looking at the tags and thought she was behind.

Just searching for their names [copy+paste their names from Wikipedia]:

Charlotte: 1535
Laura: 776
Cecilia: 681
Rin: 483
Houki: 466

Not exactly sure if that works though, since I just leave the search at Infinite Stratos and grab whatever looks nice. Poor Houki...

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2011-03-21 at 20:45.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:47   Link #263
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Funny how the first character introduced has the least fanbase, fanarts and supporters. xD;;

BTW, how do you get those stats? All I ever get on Pixiv is fanarts...though that might be because I have no understanding of japanese writing whatsoever. xD;;
Old 2011-03-21, 20:55   Link #264
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Funny how the first character introduced has the least fanbase, fanarts and supporters. xD;;

BTW, how do you get those stats? All I ever get on Pixiv is fanarts...though that might be because I have no understanding of japanese writing whatsoever. xD;;
I'm getting fanarts as well. I'm just finding the number of images tagged with the character's name. Basically, I'm just searching their name by copying and pasting it from Wikipedia and looking for タグ検索 [#]件.

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm doing.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:56   Link #265
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Actually, I take that back. Laura's definitely second.

Charlotte: 1535
Laura: 776
Cecilia: 681
Rin: 483
Houki: 466

Not exactly sure if that works though, since I just leave the search at Infinite Stratos and grab whatever looks nice. Poor Houki...
ah ok, no problem. that makes sense too...
I'm pretty sure Cecilia was second just some time ago, but Laura is too much even for Cecilia to handle...
Houki... yeah, poor girl... but she has already been "elevated" to Spinzaku levels, so she shouldn't complain much...

Quote:
might be because of her excessive tsundere-attitude, her usual harsh behaviour and such... too much even for Pixiv to handle?

I remember SenHime and lolimura were doing quite good on pixiv during Hyakka Ryouran broadcast-run, but it's been quite some time since my last check... maybe I should go see if things have changed...
Old 2011-03-21, 20:58   Link #266
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

true, true. Houki´s attitude is a little hard to digest. xD;;

I can totally see why Laura´s second. xDD She´s my fav after Chal. :P

And wow, Chal is leading by a huge margin in fanarts. Niiiice, Red Comet-chan.

EDIT: BTW, if anybody cares.......:

Chal: 267 posts
Houki: 73 posts
Cecilia: 69 posts
Rin: 45 posts
Laura: 67 posts

Chal: 267 posts
Four other girls added together: 254 posts

Ding, ding...we have a winner..!

Uh....uh....yeah, totally irrelevant though. xD;;
Old 2011-03-21, 21:37   Link #267
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I certainly don't think the post counts for each girl matters, considering much of Shirley's posts here somewhat have nothing to do with her

I mean look at me, a Houki fan absolutely do a fine bloody job of bringing Laura talk into other threads. As much as I wanted to bring it into her thread, sometimes it can't be helped

Though I think my health has just about ruined me enough, I'm going to go on the offensive

Side note: I would have to say image tags probably aren't the best rating either. Let's take for example me raiding Sankaku's IS channel, Shirley has quite a number of duplicates
Old 2011-03-21, 21:50   Link #268
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Side note: I would have to say image tags probably aren't the best rating either. Let's take for example me raiding Sankaku's IS channel, Shirley has quite a number of duplicates
lol, everytime you call her Shirley, my mind always goes back to another Shirley... ya know, the one that likes speed...

but I thought Pixiv was better at managing duplicates, isn't it? because, I can't seem to find any...
Old 2011-03-21, 21:55   Link #269
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Everytime I hear Shirley, I think Sheryl....D: I don´t know why though. xD;;

Lol, I know the post count is totally irrelevant. xDD I was just posting it for the heck of it. :3

Anyway, its good to see that the Chal thread is the most active chara thread though. ^^ I´m sorry, its my inner Chal "is-the-best-uh-huh-uh-huh-yeeeeeeeeeeeah!!" self speaking. xD;;
Old 2011-03-21, 21:58   Link #270
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
lol, everytime you call her Shirley, my mind always goes back to another Shirley... ya know, the one that likes speed...

but I thought Pixiv was better at managing duplicates, isn't it? because, I can't seem to find any...
I don't see much of a problem since both of them have big bouncy things on their chest.

Which our perverted mangatron likes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-21, 23:25   Link #271
mangatron

Okay, maybe just for once, I want to see Shirley actually have some bounce. As someone eloquently put it here, she has magic boobs which seems to shrink while she's in her body suit

Maaaaaybe then I might lean a bit on the Shirley side

Quote:
You should have noticed by now, but I really tend to nickname girls other than my love interest, such an mystical phenomena it is .... but yes, I did mention it earlier, that I remembered the nickname Shirley primarily from our dear Rabbit-based witch

Quote:
Ah, you know how it is. I can't do a thing about Pixiv, so anything I say about it is mostly on the speculative side. Which makes me want to join the fun

Quote:
Everytime I hear Shirley, I think Sheryl....D: I don´t know why though. xD;;

Lol, I know the post count is totally irrelevant. xDD I was just posting it for the heck of it. :3

Anyway, its good to see that the Chal thread is the most active chara thread though. ^^ I´m sorry, its my inner Chal "is-the-best-uh-huh-uh-huh-yeeeeeeeeeeeah!!" self speaking. xD;;
You're right. It's a great thing this series is have fun discussions such as here. I guess I don't really mind which thread it be, as long as we talk about our girls I for one accept it wholeheartedly as it shows we like it much more than IS being another generic harem
Old 2011-03-22, 00:15   Link #272
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

I've been wondering lately about Charlotte's Saimoe potential. Personally, I never really had an anime girl I liked enough to try voting for in those contests, but Charlotte might just be the exception to the rule for me this year.

I have a very limited understanding of the official Japanese Saimoe, but it seems Charlotte is already making her way through the Preliminary rounds of the International Saimoe League 2011 Tournament in Bracket D. Good news is that it seems that she absolutely obliteraped her last opponent 6031 to 852... bad news was that she won over another Kana Hanazawa character I like - goodbye Nessa (Fractale) X_x. The other IS girls are also still in the mix and in good health. I think Charlotte is going up against Isurugi Mio (MM!) tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure how far she will go, but I'm going to try and vote for our little Orange Comet every chance I can get ^_^.
Old 2011-03-22, 01:00   Link #273
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
I've been wondering lately about Charlotte's Saimoe potential. Personally, I never really had an anime girl I liked enough to try voting for in those contests, but Charlotte might just be the exception to the rule for me this year.

I have a very limited understanding of the official Japanese Saimoe, but it seems Charlotte is already making her way through the Preliminary rounds of the International Saimoe League 2011 Tournament in Bracket D. Good news is that it seems that she absolutely obliteraped her last opponent 6031 to 852... bad news was that she won over another Kana Hanazawa character I like - goodbye Nessa (Fractale) X_x. The other IS girls are also still in the mix and in good health. I think Charlotte is going up against Isurugi Mio (MM!) tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure how far she will go, but I'm going to try and vote for our little Orange Comet every chance I can get ^_^.
So when can we vote again for Chal?

on a side note:....... Busujima Saeko is defeated ?!?!?!!
Old 2011-03-22, 08:59   Link #274
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I was deeply disapointed by that. I love Saeko. Charlotte is the only reason I keep watching IS (I had dropped it after one episode, but came back after hearing about Charlotte), well and Chifiyu-nii and now Tabana
Old 2011-03-22, 09:40   Link #275
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
I was deeply disapointed by that. I love Saeko. Charlotte is the only reason I keep watching IS (I had dropped it after one episode, but came back after hearing about Charlotte), well and Chifiyu-nii and now Tabana
For me the case was that I started watching IS after reading about Charlotte in Random Curiosity

I even skipped ep 3 and 4 , didnt bother to check Rin at all

*runs away from Rin's fans
Old 2011-03-22, 09:54   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
For me the case was that I started watching IS after reading about Charlotte in Random Curiosity

Wise decision. Rin is utterly irrelevant. Her boots are more interesting than herself.
Old 2011-03-22, 10:12   Link #277
mangatron

Quote:

You.... dare to deny the Rinny? How dare you skip some eppy's, I believe you even skipped Cecy-chan's bathing scene! Oh the humanity! As punishment, you will eat sweet and sour pork for the rest of your life!

Ok I'm not one to talk after having skipped Freezing's eps 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wise decision. Rin is utterly irrelevant. Her boots are more interesting than herself.
You know... I would have laughed if-... never mind, I did laugh I do admit those boots of hers are rather unique, and did spark my interest at one point
Old 2011-03-22, 11:08   Link #278
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
I didn't believe you guys at first, but after looking at the character design sheet, I gotta' admit those are some pretty nice boots! Easily the best footwear out of the whole cast and they look both athletic and comfortable with well detailed black lace that unifies her hair ribbons and uniform as a whole quite nicely. It seems Charlotte wears just regular sneakers by comparison, possibly even without any socks - oh the humanity! Why Charlotte? Why?!
Old 2011-03-22, 11:19   Link #279
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Houki = the obligatory childhood friend, in other anime it translates to the 'destinied girl'

Laura = the obligatory flat chested girl, merchandise material

Charlotte = the sweet girl, not really a must in a generic harem anime formula but nice to have anyway

Rin = ?????

Cecillia = ?????

I really dont get the initial motivation for having Cecillia and Rin in the anime

*my own view, please dont hang me
Old 2011-03-22, 12:49   Link #280
mangatron

Quote:
Houki = the obligatory childhood friend, in other anime it translates to the 'destinied girl'

Laura = the obligatory flat chested girl, merchandise material

Charlotte = the sweet girl, not really a must in a generic harem anime formula but nice to have anyway

Rin = ?????

Cecillia = ?????

I really dont get the initial motivation for having Cecillia and Rin in the anime

*my own view, please dont hang me
Not gonna hang you, but I think you started something good here. I'll pitch in my views

Houki: One of the few ponytail mains these days, there's a particular reason why I like her which will be explained in her thread later (I will warn ahead of time, it'll be a wally text, but like always, it's a wall of text worth reading ) The tsundere who I wish would beat me up.

Rinny: The twintail with a small body. Why couldn't she at least be Miku sized This is the girl in the group who is easygoing and quite the type to not hold in her thoughts.

Cecy-chan: Ah, the ojousama type. I gotta confess, her headband is cute, and a nice identifier that makes her stick out. She's quite ladylike and the group's upstanding citizen. Gets shocked easily of non-ladylike behavior, much to my amusement

Shirley: Tomboy. One of the few (reverse) traps to maintain long hair, spent most of her life learning the ways of man. The group's laid-back type, she gives off quite the motherly aura

Laura: Weapon. Damage rating capable of exceeding-... wait a minute, this is about her being a girl, not a machine The group's dead-serious dead-ringer for a deadpan persona, I think I just said "dead" one to many deadly times ahem anyways, the serious type, she knows how to carry out what she believes in without even moving a facial muscle.

Now, you can hang me, burn me, throw me off the cliff Houki was standing on at the end of episode 09, bring it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
I didn't believe you guys at first, but after looking at the character design sheet, I gotta' admit those are some pretty nice boots! Easily the best footwear out of the whole cast and they look both athletic and comfortable with well detailed black lace that unifies her hair ribbons and uniform as a whole quite nicely. It seems Charlotte wears just regular sneakers by comparison, possibly even without any socks - oh the humanity! Why Charlotte? Why?!
Once again, I think you started quite the topic that I intend to follow with. This brings back memories of that very serious speculation surrounding Dai Maou's Soga Keena and her unique uniform (I don't even remember us even getting an explanation for that). Very easy to see in IS is that the 5 girls are unique in their uniform as they are for their personal IS's. Let's look under their skirts er I mean let's look in depth:

Houki: I'd say she follows in the steps of the standard uniform shared throughout the entire school. The long sleeved, short skirted uniform, she wins points from me for zettai ryouiki, knee high boots, and her bow in the color of my favorite color, green

Rinny: Really, her standout points are a cute shoulder-less uniform, and hiking boots. The boots appeal specially to me because in real life, I use Caterpillar boots as my everyday outdoor shoes regardless of occasion, shopping, business luncheon, etc, which is probably an indicator of my zany personality . Rinny's knee-high socks and sleeves-too-long for her size are additional differences when compared to Houki.

Cecy-chan: Probably to define her ojousama figure, Cecy-chan is the only one I've seen in this series (that I recall) to wear a long knee-high skirt, penny loafer shoes and pantyhose. I proudly admit with my head held high, "I wish I could see more of her pantyhose clad legs"

Shirley: Hard to put my foot on this one. Starts out in the male uniform, later on looks to have dropped just the pants? Though upon closer inspection it looks like she dropped the Steve Jobs turtleneck and top uniform as well, changing to the string ribbon shirt, girl's size top, and kept her legs... bare, a rare treat for a leg fetish like me

Laura: I had a bit of a chuckle here. Horse riding jockey pants, and knee-high boots? Which always had my gentleman worries of wondering where's the skirt, or show me some leg girl! wondering if the poor girl is too hot in those, meine gott girl I have a hard time looking at you without breaking a sweat, she quite literally looks so hot in that uniform Someone turn on the AC!

Which led me to wonder, if the differences in clothing is leeway for the different countries/cultures of the 4 girls (Cecy, Rinny, Shirley and Laura). I'll say this now, it's my idea alright, I want to mix and mash these uniforms into the perfect, shoulder-less, thigh-high stockings, penny loafers, and miniskirt. YEAH!
Closed Thread

Tags
characters