AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 14:33   Link #1061
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
A couple chapters of volume 1 are translated on Baka-Tsuki.org. I'm not sure if they Ln is still being worked on though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 22:08   Link #1062
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Warning NSFW

Just to be sure

NSFW
Can't tell undressing or dressing up
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I couldn't figure out why Older Sister Maid is substantially out of her dress. Unless her maid uniform's skirt is cut all the way up to her waistline...
Somehow this reminds of an erotic dream i have with Demon Queen, Female Knight and later Hero. Big Sister Maid was there except she was traumatize seeing things she shouldn't see.
Old 2013-01-25, 13:39   Link #1063
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2013-01-25, 14:17   Link #1064
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Warning NSFW

Just to be sure

NSFW
Can't tell undressing or dressing up
Isn't that kind of what happened at start of this episode?...
Old 2013-01-25, 14:47   Link #1065
ookamigirl

Seriously, what is going on here.
I was expecting fights, battlefields and lots of blood.
Instead I got farming, economics and politics.
If this one doesn't get a move on, I'm gonna drop it.
So far it's been... boring.
I don't understand how such a boring story can get an anime.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 14:52   Link #1066
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The story is not boring in all means from the original source, but there been too many changes from the original source. The original source included the journey of Hero through the Demon world and explained many battle tactics and what is happening in the Demon world including demon slavery conducted by the humans. It was very detailed in the manga and quite interesting to read. It offered a contrast to economics and provided excellent reading material for those that like action and war tactics.

The anime skipped all that unfortunately, most people don't want to get spoiled so that why they tend not to read the Manga nor the light novel. Usually when I see anime base on light novels and manga, I am highly critic towards them to see if they portray the story correctly but I also understand directors and producers wanting to add their bit of originality and influenced. I also read up on anime and manga before the series begin, I am opposite from some people who don't like spoilers, rather I like spoilers because it intrigues me.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 15:13   Link #1067
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

NSFW
Found these...
Old 2013-01-25, 16:33   Link #1068
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Didn't I and other members already warned you that Maoyuu is not about those bolded parts? And now you still expecting this anime to focus on those? Are you here just for trolling?
Old 2013-01-25, 16:36   Link #1069
Awrya
U mad?

Did I just see Maou hugging a Yusha dakimakura?
Maoyuu Maou Yusha, especially the ending, reminds me of Spice and Wolf, maybe I should rewatch those.
Old 2013-01-25, 16:46   Link #1070
fukarming

I find the problem is not about the show talking about economics, but the way they talk about it makes me feel like I am in a boring economic lecture.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 16:51   Link #1071
Elestia

Watched the episode. There were a few scenes that that I enjoyed, which was Hero and Chief Maid talking together. Also the little pep talk with Female Knight and Big Sister Maid was pretty good. However, the rest of the scenes especially the negotiation with the Union Merchants really fell flat on its face. There was a total lack of tension throughout the entire scene, even leading up to the climax and resolution was done in a lackluster manner. This also includes the other scenes with Archer Gramps and the prince of Winter Nation talking about the impending invasion on Aurora Island.

Was also slightly disappointed that Female Knight didn't get to the important scene with the lecture with the Young Nobles, which really highlights why they were receiving special education from Crimson Scholar herself. Overall, they breezed through the important major macro-economics event and focused more on the development of the characters. Even though the relationships are important, the looming threat of the impending invasion never really feels that important.

Other things:
  • Scenes of Female Knight's training from hell were cut.
  • The explanation of the significance of the gyrocompass were missing.
  • The scenes involving Hero's attempted training of the Young Nobles was missing.
  • Early introduction of Yuusha's venture into the Gate City, the battle with the Arch-Duke Dragon, the introduction of Grand Princess Dragon.

The last one particularly was probably unavoidable due to the time constraints, but it seems everything that Yuusha has been doing in the Demon World has been completely cut out, which is a shame. You really don't get to see how awesome Hero looks in that armor too when he fights.
Old 2013-01-25, 16:53   Link #1072
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
stuff.
A lot of what you mention should not have happen yet as they are just now preparing the naval attack on the island so I doubt hero is done in the demon world yet. Frankly I'm not sure if this is different from the lite novel or not as the only thing we 'missed' was the fights for hero saving fairy queen and the fight with archduke fire dragon both of which are mentioned in passing. The manga is also an adeption so it doesn't always fallow the lite novel 100%
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 16:53   Link #1073
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well it seems they made Hero's journey to the Demon world a bunch of flashbacks. Was wondering how they'll cram things in 12 episodes...but alas yeah.

As for action and stuff maybe next week when the resumption of the War starts being hinted.

Random thoughts:
- Useless Niku!
- Young Merchant!!!
- Dat Armor
- DAT DAKAIMURA ROTFL!

But yes hoping for an ova or something of the flashbacks.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 17:01   Link #1074
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
MANGA>ANIME
I've read the manga as well. But I believe the anime is doing a pretty excellent job with its own interpretation of the Light Novel.

Apart from the rushed pacing, Anime-only viewers won't understand much of what you are talking about.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:24   Link #1075
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Poor hero, he can't even do his quest right. He needs to just give up on the Demon slaying business, cause instead of killing them, he makes them fall in love with him. Don't even get to slay one as a trophy when they're too busy asking you to marry them :P
Old 2013-01-25, 17:28   Link #1076
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Female Knight's reaction to Yuusha not being there was great. Nice job by Maou of getting the trade done, but didn't expect the merchant to propose. Sad that Yuusha can't go and see when her, even though he's in the house. Good thing Maou has that Yuusha pillow.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:47   Link #1077
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I find the problem is not about the show talking about economics, but the way they talk about it makes me feel like I am in a boring economic lecture.
I agree. The execution is still extremely lacking. They are not even trying to get the viewers involved. Everything is presented in such a dull manner. Only the character interaction are starting to get somewhat interesting, although there is still a lack of witty and engaging dialogues (I was under the impression that was one of the strength of the original, perhaps that was a misconception on my part).

As somebody who loved Spice and Wolf and was expecting this show to be almost as good, I am very disappointed so far.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:54   Link #1078
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for rant...no spoilers, but anime-only viewers might not wish to hear:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 19:21   Link #1079
Theo

I think I understand what's going on here.

There's a lot of cutesy "feel-good" sappiness that kinda takes away the tension, as both our protagonists don't really encounter any (elaborate) resistance to their ideas and it's just Savior Crop of the Week so far. It's already kind of jarring from the implied cultural stubbornness seen from the first two episodes.

They've violated Show Don't Tell with that little Hero montage. I was actually surprised when I saw it was 12 episodes only.

Now that I think about it, it was a huge mistake not to see Demon vs. Human armies clashing in the very first episode, as that sets the conflict in a huge engaging manner instead of just Hero blabbing on about how the Demons are so (justifiably) horrific when all the demons we see are just this cute girl. There's no CONTRAST, that's why the first meeting between them seems to lack any impact.

They try to set this up as some kind of tragedy and gradual acceptance of each races when the viewers don't really see any huge conflict.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 19:32   Link #1080
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

ive gotta say i was very apprehensive about this series for beign produced by a studio wich mostly does hentai, but i had to swallow all that, this anime is a mashup of genres an topics done right, i quess there indeed was a reason for almost every manga publisher in japan had their version of this series.

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem