AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-26, 23:50   Link #61
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

The series overal was good. It wasnt the best but i enjoyed it very much. The ending was fun too.

But i have a question. After the last episode, after the ED there was a briefe sort of preview thing from Raquell, was that related to story at all?.
Old 2007-02-26, 23:56   Link #62
Icehawk

From what i can tell that little ending bit after the last episode credits is just a sort of "thanks for watching the show" kind of message.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:20   Link #63
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

i see thanks.

Also i got a few other question from last episode.

When Pacifica went to seria was she dead ( or suposed to be)?. How about seria?

From what i undrestood, Pacifica was supposed to die at the age of 16 and with her death system would get canceled right?. So her dieing ten hours sooner actually helped her survive and not die ( in other words because she died earlier and talked with seria she was saved)?. right?

Also was the purpose ( the reason why) of the aliens attacking humans stated at all in the series?.

Also wasnt the reason Seria betrayed them that her brother and sisters died?.

Lastly what was that shield that was created around the earth when pacifia entered the seria dimension?.

and what was that dragon at the end?
Old 2007-03-02, 13:59   Link #64
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post

Also was the purpose ( the reason why) of the aliens attacking humans stated at all in the series?.
The aliens consider Humans to be too violent. There propoganda anyway that they attacking the Human race to save us form ourselves. That is why they had the human race lock under that shield and keep to low tech. Anytime Humans make substiantial progress in advance technology there would be a purge of about 90% of the pop.

Quote:
Also wasnt the reason Seria betrayed them that her brother and sisters died?.
She betray humanity to save her brother and sister because she did not want them to fight in the war, but they die anyway Her brother was one of the Original Dragoons.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-03-19 at 20:21.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 17:46   Link #65
ImClueless
Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
She betray humanity to save her brother and sister becuase she want them to fight in the war, but they die anyway Her broghter was one of the Original Dragoons.
Don't you mean she didn't want them to fight in the war? Her brother was Zeffy's original pilot and the sister appeared to be a science type on the dragoon project.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 22:45   Link #66
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Way back when I'd first heard the basic premise of this series, I thought it could run in an interesting political-intrigue direction. The theory ran like this: the prophecy is merely a fabrication crafted by a cabal (consisting of key religious, political, and corporate figures) which has been seeking to become the power behind the throne for decades now. If you're familiar with XIII or Metal Gear Solid, you're on your way to seeing how this could go.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 01:40   Link #67
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
The aliens consider Humans to be too violent. There propoganda anyway that they attacking the Human race to save us form ourselves. That is why they had the human race lock under that shield and keep to low tech. Anytime Humans make substiantial progress in advance technology there would be a purge of about 90% of the pop.

What i was confused was the main reason. In the series it is mentioned as soon as Humans reach the stars the Alien attack. Also it was mentioned that because of the war between Aliens and humans, the Human population was becoming extinct. Wasnt it then the Alien's fault for that?.

Quote:

She betray humanity to save her brother and sister becuase she want them to fight in the war, but they die anyway Her broghter was one of the Original Dragoons.
Thanks for the reply. But what i meant was because she betrayed humanity, she lost her brother and sister in the battle. They died because the enemy knew the tactics from Seria so they were defeated and Thus her brother and sister died.
If she hadnt betrayed them, They might have won and her brother and sisters wouldnt have had to die. dont you agree ?.
Old 2007-03-17, 20:02   Link #68
mlai

I just finished watching Scrapped Princess. I forgot who recommended it. Pretty good. Everyone having the same damn (hair) bangs irritated me, though. The Furee arc was the highlight of the series IMO, even though it's not an innovative theme or anything.

There are several things in the series I would have changed, though. I'll fanfic a bit below, in abridged form. Read only if you've already seen Scrapped Princess.

1. Episode with masked man and fake S Princess:
The masked man/ Inquisitor's reason for betraying the town was very convoluted and tacked-on. They should have kept him as a Lord Browning faithful, who attempted to sacrifice his own followers to deal a devastating strike to a Mauser-worshipping city. Then the theme would have been "no matter which religion is right, fanaticism is never justified" which is much better and appropriate for the series. Trying to distract me from this shortcoming by making him ugly did not work.

2. Prince Forsythe (Princess's twin brother) coming back to life is dumb. No one should come back to life, especially someone who has no objective importance in "God's eyes." After killing Pacifica, he shouldn't have tried to kill himself, and should have just waited for Shannon to charge over and kill him. Then Chris (the special forces boy) would protect him from Shannon's rage, telling Shannon "What good would this serve!?" Soon enough, Shannon would redirect his anger at the Peacemakers who appear overhead in the sky. Prince would live, and later on rule as a wise and just king.

3. Here's what I would have changed about the final space battle, Pacifica's death, and the Shannon-Zephirus-Cz relationship.

Final space battle:

Cz - The scrapped princess is dead. I will not participate in this meaningless battle.
Galil - As Steyr would say, this is for my own satisfaction. I will not require your help in my 1st Class Divine Punishment Manifestation. <transforms to ultimate form>

1st Class Galil and Sephirus/Gigantes fight. Galil should kill at least 1 Gigantes. Then Galil should outmaneuver Sephirus and zero in on her.

Shannon - Damn!

Cz, transforming into 1st Class, flies in and blocks Galil's energy blast. Sephirus takes the opportunity to annihilate Galil. The 2 remaining Gigantes dive towards the damaged Cz.

Shannon - Wait! No!!

The Gigantes cut Cz in half across the waist. Her body falls towards Earth and appears to burn up in space.

Pacifica talk with Cecilia in virtual space. Pacifica makes the same decision. But she should not come back to life. She dies in the real world.

With the world at peace, Zephirus and Shannon part ways. Zephirus has shown more humanity than all of the godlings, but IMO she would ultimately leave Earth after her last mission is completed. In doing so, she becomes truly independent. Like her 1st master, I think her heart belongs to the stars.

Back home, Shannon would find Cz waiting for him.

Shannon - ... Cz? You're alive!
Cz - I am still functional. But without the Mauser central system, the damage I sustained is irreparable. I can no longer assume my Divine Manifestations, and I will completely degrade after a few decades.
Shannon - ...
Cz - With the self-termination of Mauser and the Providence System, my directives have become obsolete. I have no more purpose, Shannon.
Shannon - Screw the directives. A person finds her own purpose in life. What do you want for your existence?
Cz gazes at Shannon for a long moment. Shannon comes to a realization.

A year later, Shannon is pacing restlessly outside the cabin. His sister and a midwife is inside. Cz, his wife, gives birth to a daughter.

Raquel, in surprised tone - Shannon! Come and see!

Shannon runs in, expecting some horrid scene. Everything seemed pretty normal. Cz looks tired, but ok. Raquel is holding a healthy baby girl, but she has a strange expression on her face. Shannon looks closer at the baby.

Shannon - Cz! What- what's going on? What have you done!? Is this some kind of joke!?
Cz - This was the last directive given to me by Mauser before her self-termination. However, it is carried out by my own free will. This is my gift to you, and my penance.
Shannon - Do you think this will bring my sister back!?
Cz - ...
Raquel - Pamela.
Shannon - What?
Raquel smiles - Name her Pamela. You didn't see it, but... when she was Pamela, she was truly happy.
Raquel - We'll make sure she has a happy life, won't we?
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 00:13   Link #69
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Genocide as a benevolent act... yeah, right.
Anyone else read this as 'we routinely purge the species to make sure they don't achieve an interstellar presence?'
Old 2007-03-20, 13:51   Link #70
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
mlai: Great fanfic going on there.

Spoiler:
Xinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 01:30   Link #71
Lost

Very nice ideas for the plot, mlai, except that last one (just on Pacifica dying and a clone? coming back via Cz) would actually throw me off.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 06:45   Link #72
GoTz
Deleted

i finally got around to watching this series...and the only disappointment that i have is...that i waited so long!

oh by the way...great fanfic
i wish Cz would have survived as well, she was my favorite character other than fulle.

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-27 at 17:48. Reason: double-post collapsed into a single-post
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 15:04   Link #73
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Oh, I absolutely loved this series. I thought all the characters were perfect. By far my favorite was Raquel. She was a great sister. ^_^ Being a ridiculously good mage and then spawning a ton of little dragons. And despite acting like a spoiled brat a lot (something I don't like), I think Pacifica was a great character. Very pretty, too. ^^;

I've said this before, but I need my animes to end happily. For whatever reason, even though I consider myself a man's man, I get really emotional if an anime doesn't end happily. This is one of my favorite happy endings. Everyone goes home happy. ^_^ I even watch the ending of this anime over and over after watching a depressing anime to cheer me up. Like when I finished Chrono Crusade I pretty much cried. So I had to watch the ending of SP again.

This is definitely one of my favorite animes. I feel it was so good that it's actually one of the animes that I absolutely would enjoy watching multiples times over. The only problem is that I have so much anime backlogged already (with some 16 more series going to be added by the end of May) that I never get a chance to! I have to set aside a down weekend in early June and watch this series again in a marathon.

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 05:09   Link #74
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Alright I just got done watching this series. I bought the brick cause I like fantasy/adventure stuff.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty well done series that suffers from a weak ending. It seemed as though the writer got blocked so it was "deus ex machina time!!!!1"

Spoiler:
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 13:21   Link #75
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Scrapped Princess

how come there is no thread on this?

I just saw this

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1558321845

I was speechless lol... now I need to watch it.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 22:57   Link #76
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Anyone else read this as 'we routinely purge the species to make sure they don't achieve an interstellar presence?'
Lol, I'm having a Shivan moment from Freespace 1 and 2...

"lols those species are to advanced, time to destroy them!" *target sun* KABOOM!

Thats pretty cool. I shouldn't have watched it though, spoiled a lot of the series for me heh, oh well, doesn't matter I'll still watch it and enjoy it.
Old 2007-05-01, 00:54   Link #77
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Lol, I'm having a Shivan moment from Freespace 1 and 2...

"lols those species are to advanced, time to destroy them!" *target sun* KABOOM!
Ah yes, Freespace... one of the last, and perhaps the best, of a near-forgotten genre in PC gaming. Thanks for the memories.
Old 2007-06-17, 00:08   Link #78
gencbiba

Hmm... I don't know how I still haven't seen this anime yet. I just started it like a week ago. I'm up to episode 11 now, and I think it's great. I still feel as if they could have done more with the story. Shannon is kind of weak in my opinion since he needs the strength of Zefiris or whatever her name is.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 15:33   Link #79
DanielSong39

I just finished watched the series and thought it was definitely above average. Some thoughts:

Ending - A bit disappointed, as it leaves a number of unresolved issues. At the very top is the Forciss/Pacifica ordeal; how can Pacifica stay after something like that? Not to mention all the murders, backstabbing, and assassination attempts by the government. It would've been much more believable if Pacifica and her siblings fled to the Giat empire and/or allied themselves with Princess Seness; at the very least they wouldn't be on the run all the time, nor be treated as scapegoats.

Other headscratching elements include the whole deal with Mauser (her arguments are so flawed that I don't know where to start), the unresolved romantic elements (siscon for the win, perhaps?), and the Winia/Chris coupling (an example of the Stockholm Syndrome?)

Romantic possibilities - No shortage of love triangles, as Pacifica and Shannon have their share of suitors.

For Pacifica:
Shannon - The most obvious possibility if she can overcome her oni-chan complex (but then, this IS anime...). She confesses her love to him at the end of the very first episode, and her affection and care for him is very obvious - not to mention her jealousy whenever someone else gets his attention. He in turn is very protective of Pacifica, and cares for her above everything else. Perhaps the most important relationship in the entire show.

Leo - He has a good heart, but is ultimately ineffective and cannot measure up to Shannon. Pacifica clearly sees him as a good friend, but he'll clearly remain second best as long as Shannon is there.

Fulle - I suppose you could call him Shannon 2.0. A lot of possibilities, if fate hadn't intervened...

For Shannon:
Pacifica - At this point he still sees her as his baby sister. It all depends on whether he will start to see her differently; if so, it's game, set, and match. But it may take some time for this to happen.

Zefiris - Quite possibly the most developed character in the show. She goes from an outside agent who uses the Casulls to carry out her own objectives to a genuinely loving guide and servant. In terms of maturity, wisdom, and dedication, she is at a level that no human can ever hope to reach. And she can go far beyond normal means of intimacy, as she can actually merge with a human - can't get much closer than that.

Shannon's trust issues and the fact that she is not human probably takes her out of the running - but nevertheless, a very interesting and well-done character.

CZ - Has an obvious crush on Shannon and they do seem quite compatible. But she wants Pacifica's blood, and is absolutely inflexible on that matter. Would've been in the running if she had given up on that matter... if she was human, that is. Well, at least they got to share an umbrella.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-07-07 at 03:02.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 12:23   Link #80
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Having watched this about 1.5 years ago, I can't quite remember exact details about the ending anymore. I do vaguely recall that it felt rushed.

I'd agree with you to this extent -- the ending did indeed feel contrived. Something about Mauser wondering if it's best to let humans decide their own fates again, or to force them to live in a world of artificially repressed technology. With such a setup, what can you expect but the cliched answer? FREEDOM! (of course, meh).

That being said, I didn't mind the rushed ending that much, because I did enjoy the story and its characters. I also recall some pretty well-written lines. The whole idea of a sci-fi background for a fantasy story is a well-worn stereotype by now, and it usually leads to a plot filled with predictable "technology so advanced that it is indistinguishable from magic" cliches. But at least Pacifica was a lovable character -- even if she was a bit irritating at times.

Quote:
Romantic possibilities - No shortage of love triangles, as Pacifica and Shannon have their share of suitors.

For Pacifica:
Shannon - The most obvious possibility if she can overcome her oni-chan complex (but then, this IS anime...). She confesses her love to him at the end of the very first episode, and her affection and care for him is very obvious - not to mention her jealousy whenever someone else gets his attention. He in turn is very protective of Pacifica, and cares for her above everything else. Perhaps the most important relationship in the entire show.
Hmm....perhaps, and perhaps not. The way I read it, it's just your typical younger adopted sister's crush on a dashing older brother. She'll eventually grow out of it, and hang out with.......

Quote:
Leo - He has a good heart, but is ultimately ineffective and cannot measure up to Shannon. Pacifica clearly sees him as a good friend, but he'll clearly remain second
best as long as Shannon is there.
He may be ineffective, but hey, he's sincere! Trust me, sincerity is what wins you a girl's heart in the long run.

Quote:
Fulle - I suppose you could call him Shannon 2.0. A lot of possibilities, if fate hadn't intervened...
Call me jealous, but I was actually very glad Fulle got done in. It's soooo obvious that he's meant to be everything Pacifica loves about Shannon, with the added bonus of him not being her brother! Woohooo! Convenient way to get out of a "forbidden love" scenario -- not.

In any case, I highly doubt if Pacifica would have been so easily drawn to Fulle had she not been suffering from amnesia at the time. But that's just me.

Quote:
For Shannon:
Pacifica - At this point he still sees her as his baby sister.
Yup, that pretty much sums up what I feel about Shannon as well.

Quote:
It all depends on whether he will start to see her differently; if so, it's game, set, and match. But it may take some time for this to happen.
No, I don't think it'd ever happen. Shannon knows that Pacifica has a crush on him -- he's not that dense you know -- but at the same time, he's never given any hint of seeing her as anything more than a dear sister. You're free to imagine otherwise, but that'll only be fanfic on your part at best.

Quote:
Zefiris - Quite possibly the most developed character in the show. She goes from an outside agent who uses the Casulls to carry out her own objectives to a genuinely loving guide and servant. In terms of maturity, wisdom, and dedication, she is at a level that no human can ever hope to reach. And she can go far beyond normal means of intimacy, as she can actually merge with a human - can't get much closer than that.
The last dragoon (or does that more properly refer to Shannon? I can't remember). What else needs to be said? Zefi is easily one of my favourite characters in this show.

Quote:
CZ - Has an obvious crush on Shannon and they do seem quite compatible. But she wants Pacifica's blood, and is absolutely inflexible on that matter. Would've been in the running if she had given up on that matter... if she was human, that is. Well, at least they got to share an umbrella.
Cz was a nicely written kink to the Shannon <-> Pacifica relationship, and it was indeed very sad that she "lost" most of her human memories once she was decompressed. But it appears that she retained enough of her humanity to allow herself to be killed in the end -- which makes her death so much more tragic. *sniff*

I'm not so sure that she had a "crush" per se though. She was definitely very attached to Shannon, but I suspect that it was more due to a sense of family, rather than romantic feelings.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen