AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 20:17   Link #81
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Since apparently guild members come in twins, then it's likely that Dio is twins with Luscinia.
Old 2012-02-24, 21:49   Link #82
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Since apparently guild members come in twins, then it's likely that Dio is twins with Luscinia.
You mean his partner Lucciola right? If so no, Dio is Maestro Delphine's younger brother and Lucciola is the younger brother of Cicada, Delphine's head bodyguard.

If you mean Luscinia, the antagonist of Sliver Wing, then also no cause Dio was born on Prester and Luscinia was born on Earth. Luscinia's twin is Alauda.
Old 2012-02-24, 22:55   Link #83
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I meant Lucciola oops.
Old 2012-02-24, 23:00   Link #84
MeggieMay

I admit I'm only loosely following this thread due to my interest in the Anime, so I don't claim to be up on all the details of this manga. However, I did read over this chapter and I have to wonder if the Guild members in the original series were clones or not or if they even did this "twin" thing. The reason I'm thinking things might have been different, at least in some ways, is the above mentioned fact that Delphine and Dio, and Cicada and Lucciola are older/younger siblings by years and three of them were shown to be children at some time in the original Last Exile series. We saw the scene with Dio and Lucciola featured in the recent recap, while the 13 year old Delphine was shown in a flashback of what happened to Alex and Co that wasn't cover in the recap. Also, the back story information for the original series mentioned Delphine and Dio's father and how he played into the situation. So I have to think that the Antoray Prestor's Guild wasn't clone in the exact same way as the Earth Guild seems to have done things. As for cloning turning out to be involved in this show, I have to say I had wondered about genetic engineering for the Guild in general just to get half of the crazy things they can pull off to work. However, cloning wasn't something I had thought they were doing. The original series set the Guild up like they were Italian Renascence type family's who battled over power and inherited rights with in the Guild and having them all be clones doesn't quite fit into that in my mind, thought I think it could be made to work now they seem to have gone down that path but the "twins" thing isn't quite as workable with the original series, IMO.
Old 2012-02-25, 00:52   Link #85
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
MeggieMay: I think the cloning thing seems to be native to the Guild that remained on Earth. Whether this means that they're much closer to how ALL Guilds were prior to the Exile Project remains to be seen, but if I'd hazard a guess maybe all Guilds started out with cloning, but as the instructions to the process (or the mechanisms behind it) behind it either were lost or forgotten, the Guilds of each Presters would turn to selective breeding.

However this could only likely be tenable for a few generations, after which you'd see an eventual corruption of the available genepool... Which would likely force the Guild to intermarry with the people they're supposed to be overseeing. We saw something like this happen with the previous season's Prester (Euris Bassanius, as mentioned by many people, is half-Guild, half-normal human), and was likely what happened in the case of Turan.

P.S. I updated the Character page to include Aranea and Uroctea. Theme naming strikes again!

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-02-25 at 02:13.
Old 2012-02-25, 07:25   Link #86
azarhal

So they are named after spiders, charming...
Old 2012-03-24, 05:12   Link #87
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c7:
Old 2012-03-24, 05:27   Link #88
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well well well, the manga really is turning up the dere meter for Tatiana. As if we didn't know enough from the first season, we see here how Claus REALLY is the best pilot from Prester, barring Dio... But only when Lavie is his navi it seems. Poor Tatiana, you just had to fall in love with a blockhead.
Old 2012-03-24, 16:26   Link #89
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Poor Tatiana, you just had to fall in love with a blockhead.
Well, if he wasn't a blockhead he would have realized he loves Lavie already, which would be worse for Tatiana, so....
Old 2012-03-24, 18:15   Link #90
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
MeggieMay: I think the cloning thing seems to be native to the Guild that remained on Earth. Whether this means that they're much closer to how ALL Guilds were prior to the Exile Project remains to be seen, but if I'd hazard a guess maybe all Guilds started out with cloning, but as the instructions to the process (or the mechanisms behind it) behind it either were lost or forgotten, the Guilds of each Presters would turn to selective breeding.
I would actually assume the opposite: The Guild started with sexual reproduction. When sexual reproduction started failing, most prester Guilds started to intermingle with the baseline humans, while the Earth Guild split between intermingling and cloning.

Supporting evidence:
Spoiler for from Hourglass:

Spoiler for from Fam:

On chapter 7:
Spoiler for ch7:
Old 2012-03-25, 00:04   Link #91
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
I would actually assume the opposite: The Guild started with sexual reproduction. When sexual reproduction started failing, most prester Guilds started to intermingle with the baseline humans, while the Earth Guild split between intermingling and cloning.

Supporting evidence:
Spoiler for from Hourglass:

Spoiler for from Fam:

On chapter 7:
Spoiler for ch7:
Spoiler for ch7:
Old 2012-03-25, 09:05   Link #92
azarhal

I'm surprised how much this manga focus on Tatiana so far.

Also, I don't understand how people jump from Claus requiring Lavie to be at his best to he's the best pilot. Seems to me that the manga is saying the ClausxLavie duo is good, not that Claus is the best.
Old 2012-03-25, 10:44   Link #93
Ashaman

Its because Tatiana mentioned how she can't keep up with him any more. He's surpassed her abilities as a Navi.

Her ability as a Navi doesnt directly translate into her abilities as a piolt, but its a good indicator that he's making decision, turns and speed changes faster than she can follow, therefore faster than she'd be able to do in his place.
Old 2012-03-25, 11:22   Link #94
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Its because Tatiana mentioned how she can't keep up with him any more. He's surpassed her abilities as a Navi.

Her ability as a Navi doesnt directly translate into her abilities as a piolt, but its a good indicator that he's making decision, turns and speed changes faster than she can follow, therefore faster than she'd be able to do in his place.
So Tatiana not being a trained navi, having barely no knowledge about Claus flying style and failing at understanding him make Claus the best pilot in the Last Exile Universe...

Ok, I still don't get the logic, but whatever.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:47   Link #95
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
So Tatiana not being a trained navi, having barely no knowledge about Claus flying style and failing at understanding him make Claus the best pilot in the Last Exile Universe...

Ok, I still don't get the logic, but whatever.
IIRC, Tatiana has flown as Claus' Navi before, and had no problems then. He's just much better since then. And considering his skills at that time...

Anyway, you're right that it doesn't mean Claus is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else, but it does indicate even much more skilled than most/ even more skilled than before.

It doesn't help that Tatiana calls his skills "Amazing", but at least part of the problem is that Tatiana can't sync with him.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:04   Link #96
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
...Also, I don't understand how people jump from Claus requiring Lavie to be at his best....
The latter point seems to be what the manga is implying: that Claus is a very good pilot, but he's really at the top of his game with Lavie as his navi. I suppose it's supposed to imply that the two have a near-instinctive understanding of what the other is thinking while flying (not so much relationship-wise though). So when Claus does a specific maneuver, Lavie can react to it without much issue, but Tatiana, who's only been Claus' navigator in a few instances, has a hard time following on his movements.

Like someone else mentioned though, it's a little weird, given how we've actually been shown that Lavie isn't a combat navi, which means she should actually be worse than Tatiana during that situation (the chase by the starfishes).
Old 2012-03-26, 07:33   Link #97
azarhal

Quote:
Like someone else mentioned though, it's a little weird, given how we've actually been shown that Lavie isn't a combat navi, which means she should actually be worse than Tatiana during that situation (the chase by the starfishes).
Claus's flying style doesn't change when in combat, the only thing Lavie have trouble with is changing the gun cartridge and failing to counter Gs (having red-out). Lavie would still have better synch than Tatiana, but that doesn't mean the fight would have been easier, just avoiding the bullets...for a while.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:31   Link #98
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c8:
Old 2012-04-19, 07:43   Link #99
Ashaman

Girls in love can be so fucking Boss.
Old 2012-04-19, 18:54   Link #100
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Spoiler for Chapter 8:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, sci-fi