Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-29, 16:58   Link #181
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I still haven't figured out how to get the third ending.
Though if we look at Ratatosk no Kishi as a Visual Novel there's a Good End, Bad End, and a True End....eh.....
I've been playing too many eroges.
Well, if that's the case, it makes me sad that the True End is not very happy...

I would rather have True End, Bad End 1, and Bad End 2. The True End being the third ending, and everyone is happy.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 05:43   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

@above

In that case, just deny it. That's what I would do. Just ignore the fact that it is said to be the true end, and believe the end you like is the true end, all is happy-none is harmed.
---

On other note...

There is clearly some amusing going on here... The good guys have a lot of rather boring ougis, but all of the main bad guys have cool ones.
-Brute's "Yami YO!!! Ankoku YO!!!" was a bonus (in coolness), along with the animation.
-Decus... NOW that's!! A great ougi, seriously. And at the same time, creepy and hilarious.
I mean, he takes out a picture of Alice (oh, stalker) in combat, looks at it with some creepy look, half of it gets burned, he gets really angry, slashes four times with his sword and L-O-V-E is spelled out, and damages the surroundings with energy. Oh, and he screams "ALICE-CHAAAAANN!!" near the end...
-Alice's was pretty nice too. Frozen land and all.

As for Alice, finally got to her first appearance. She's so sadistic, even sitting on her subordinates (kuuh! Lucky guy...). Kawaii~~
*cough*
The only problem is that her voice is a bit unfortunate... And her fate too.
It was awesome when, in battle, she used that heel grinding move and went "Does it feel good?"
The following script on sadism was great too. Marta really has what it takes to be a yandere.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:04   Link #183
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
As for Alice, finally got to her first appearance. She's so sadistic, even sitting on her subordinates (kuuh! Lucky guy...).
's why she's being called サドの人/佐渡の人 until Tenebu-chan finally corrected Emil after a while. =3
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 17:53   Link #184
iwubanime
FMP wubber

I'm glad most of you are enjoying this game, but from what I've found out about the game, the limitations just have totally killed this game for me. I knew that it was going to be a spinoff, but I didn't know they'd change things so much.

I wanted to play this game for the old cast, the new cast looks alright, but frankly that's not why I was so excited when it was announced.

For those of you that don't have the game, here's some issues you might want to think about before you get the game:

-Sheena can't summon
-Old cast only levels up through the story and they can't equip anything
-On-screen (not battle) character limited to Emil or Marta
-Old cast can't be in the first slot, thus you need to have one of your party members be Emil or Marta. You also can't start a battle as an old character. You have to start as Emil or Marta and then switch to one of the old characters.
-Old cast can't participate in the single colliseum battle
-Old cast has set titles, so even if costumes existed, you can't switch between them
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 18:14   Link #185
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
@above

In that case, just deny it. That's what I would do. Just ignore the fact that it is said to be the true end, and believe the end you like is the true end, all is happy-none is harmed.
I would like to, but it still bothers me...

Anyway, may I ask a question?
Spoiler for normal ending:

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 18:59   Link #186
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post

I think
Spoiler for Game Ending:

Also, speaking of the old character, does anyone know when the Tethe'alla arc is going to be released in the anime. I really want to see which parts of the story line from the Tethe'alla arc the story writers are going to use?
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 19:29   Link #187
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
If there's one thing I can say by just looking at the cutscenes, the character models appear more expressive and animated then ever before. Even Tales of The Abyss suffered from some rather static looking character models in cutscenes that made it hard to tell anything from body language. Dialogue was your only option.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 23:44   Link #188
solarknight123

So what from i've been reading so far, is it safe to assume that the multiple endings in the game
Spoiler for endings:
also how many are there in total again?
Old 2008-07-01, 00:17   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post

Spoiler for answer + spoilers on Richter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
So what from i've been reading so far, is it safe to assume that the multiple endings in the game
Spoiler for endings:
also how many are there in total again?
Well, satisfying is simply an opinion. But, yeah, I guess it isn't satisfying. In fact, the good end seems (I haven't played the game myself after all. Just videos and spoiler comments) to a sudden plot device for a happy end...

As for the end, three versions.

Spoiler for End of "NOOOOOOO!!":

Spoiler for End of "Oii!! Give me a damn epilouge":

Spoiler for End of "Thank god...":

That's all, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
's why she's being called サドの人/佐渡の人 until Tenebu-chan finally corrected Emil after a while. =3
Yeah, a great thing to say to the actual person.
It seems Decus has gotten a nickname by some people.... "Desk", swapping the last two syllables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
I'm glad most of you are enjoying this game, but from what I've found out about the game, the limitations just have totally killed this game for me. I knew that it was going to be a spinoff, but I didn't know they'd change things so much.

I wanted to play this game for the old cast, the new cast looks alright, but frankly that's not why I was so excited when it was announced.

For those of you that don't have the game, here's some issues you might want to think about before you get the game:

-Sheena can't summon
-Old cast only levels up through the story and they can't equip anything
-On-screen (not battle) character limited to Emil or Marta
-Old cast can't be in the first slot, thus you need to have one of your party members be Emil or Marta. You also can't start a battle as an old character. You have to start as Emil or Marta and then switch to one of the old characters.
-Old cast can't participate in the single colliseum battle
-Old cast has set titles, so even if costumes existed, you can't switch between them
Actually, not many of us here are enjoying the game that much. Actually, most of us aren't even playing the game...

Personally, I like the new cast better. I can't honestly say I really loved any Symphonia characters, but I can for a few Ratatosk characters like Marta, Alice, and Emil. And Decus is gaining points, with his idiotic ougi and infinite stomping.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-07-01 at 04:47.
Old 2008-07-01, 17:16   Link #190
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Just finished it. Got the epilogue ending on my first try because I'm awesome like that.

Pro:
- Really likeable cast of characters. Emil, while weak, is still genuinely likeable, and his 'Ratatosk Mode' is awesome. Marta is adorable, sweet and all things nice, and Tenebrae is unexpectedly hilarious. When you lose count of how many times you laugh out loud, it's always a good sign. The old cast are as likeable as they ever were.
- Good story. It was a little rough in parts but the overall plotline was interesting and with enough twists to keep me playing.
- Wiimote controls were surprisingly nowhere near as bad as I expected and worked pretty well.
- Fast, fun battle system. Aerial combat is in particular loads of fun - by the time you get the Sky High 3 skill Emil's regular aerial combo is 7 or 8 hits, which can be chained into most of your artes.
- Excellent voice acting. I can't imagine having played the game without it, and some parts just wouldn't have had the impact - humourous, serious or otherwise - that they did without the voice acting. Basically everything except talking to villagers is voiced, too.
- Widescreen progressive. Playing this after replaying Symphonia on a good HDTV makes you appreciate the lack of black borders and the messy interlacing the Gamecube version had via SCART.
- Some nice looking new areas.
- Cutscenes were well done. The motion capturing really shows what it can do in these, and fights look a lot smoother and are more exciting as a result.
- Solid length. Most gamers will get at least 35 hours out of it, more if you spend much time levelling or making pacts with monsters.
- Difficulty seemed somewhat higher than the original. While the only time I got a game over was when I ran straight into Alice and Decus's strongest attack got annihilated in 5 seconds there were no game overs, but some battles will take a bit of time and quite a few healing items to come through unscathed.

Con:
- All the characters from Symphonia joining at fixed, unraisable levels takes some of the fun out of playing them, especially when you have 10x exp and are massively raising everyone else. Their joining level is enough for them to survive and be useful though.
- Unison Attacks are massively less useful and fun. You basically only have one attack that other characters will occasionally join in with. Once you get any of your Hi-Ougis they might as well have renamed it the Hi-Ougi bar.
- No costume titles, which were always one of my favourite post-game features.
- Lack of overall graphical polish. The menu portrait images, for example, seem like something a rookie could have done in RPGMaker, and the models are quite rough around the edges too, and some areas just seem to lack colour and heart. Palmacosta and Triet looked pretty nice though.
- Most of the music was a little weak. The soundtrack is composed mainly of remixes of tracks from the original, but most of them have been remixed to be so soft they're basically ambient and lose most of their character. The new tracks vary from great to disappointing too.
- Most of the monsters lacked character and weren't particularly the kind you'd actually want in your party. There needed to be more like the somewhat cool looking ice wolves and less generic slimes.
- Mostly recycled areas, most of which had barely changed. The temples, in particular, have basically the same layout as ever and only mildly changed puzzles.

In conclusion, this isn't Symphonia. Anyone who plays it expecting it to be equal to Symphonia, or even better, is going to be disappointed. Those who go in expecting a fun new game with some new features coupled with a burst of nostaglia for players of the original, however, will enjoy it thoroughly as I did.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 22:27   Link #191
NoLongerSane

After reading the pro and cons, I am still going to buy this game. Even though some aspects of this game did not live up to some of my expectations, I really enjoyed the Symphonia series. Hopefully for the American release they could tweek up certain parts of this game.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:30   Link #192
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Regarding the ending
Spoiler:
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 12:58   Link #193
Cipheric
Ciph

Send a message via MSN to Cipheric
Hell yeah, it would be badass!
Cipheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 14:17   Link #194
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Great news its been confirmed that in the NA release, you can upload your ToS file to unlock stuff in the game!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 14:23   Link #195
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Great news its been confirmed that in the NA release, you can upload your ToS file to unlock stuff in the game!
The question know is what is unlocked and how much of the game completion can unlock what? I have beaten the game about six times but I have not completed the items or the monster list. Reason for the monster is that I do not have the heart to kill off a certain character.
Old 2008-10-12, 22:58   Link #196
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
The question know is what is unlocked and how much of the game completion can unlock what? I have beaten the game about six times but I have not completed the items or the monster list. Reason for the monster is that I do not have the heart to kill off a certain character.
It'll probably have to be a clear data. As it makes the most sense.
Old 2008-11-08, 09:52   Link #197
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm disappointed... wheres the enthusiasm? the game is coming out this Tuesday!!!
Old 2008-11-08, 10:14   Link #198
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I'm disappointed... wheres the enthusiasm? the game is coming out this Tuesday!!!
Even if you say that... It's not like we're going to do a count-down or anything...
That, and I'm not going to buy it. Come to think of it, I haven't finished watching the play videos yet...

I might just buy the novels instead. Saves money, and the artwork=win, compared to the game's constant 3-D.

AKA, Collete's hand motions in Ratatosk=Incredibly funny. I know they slacked on creating the game, but this is...

Old 2008-11-08, 12:28   Link #199
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Even if you say that... It's not like we're going to do a count-down or anything...
That, and I'm not going to buy it. Come to think of it, I haven't finished watching the play videos yet...

I might just buy the novels instead. Saves money, and the artwork=win, compared to the game's constant 3-D.

AKA, Collete's hand motions in Ratatosk=Incredibly funny. I know they slacked on creating the game, but this is...
I'm a diehard Tales of Symphonia fan, but I have to say that the Novel sucks monkey balls. The story is butchered and completely reinterpretated. And whats with Rodyle looking "Pretty" ?

Collete is a freak of nature anyway.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:04   Link #200
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
I've already played it, beaten it, and hated its ending. For me, it's old news.
Also what novels?