Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 13:10   Link #4141
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I don't know. I will ask

I don't know if it was a queen dress, but at least, she looks beautiful in it. I don't know what the other people think of it, but she really looks like a princess in it imo. Now, I don't say that it means anything about cluclu. I just state what seems obvious from the look of the dress. I don't say it looks like a cluclu proof, just that she looks like a princess so what i say has nothing to do with cluclu.

Now I just wonder why they had to design that dress, in which purpose.

Lawl, it is just a pic anyway, it does not give away anything. But she does look like a princess, let's be fair. Beautiful pic nonetheless.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 13:58   Link #4142
Lie

Quote:
Now I just wonder why they had to design that dress, in which purpose.
They didn't have to, they drew it on their own, like they've drawn many other things in the past. It wasn't commissioned.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 14:59   Link #4143
Elicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
They didn't have to, they drew it on their own, like they've drawn many other things in the past. It wasn't commissioned.
Strange, considering the staff have used CLAMP's designs for nearly everything else.

In any case, this dress would be preferable to the restraining suit she was left to walk around in.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:04   Link #4144
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i think lelouch's insane hat tells us that they didnt use clamp designs for EVERYTHING
they changed stuff around
i still think that it would have made more sense to put her in some kind of dress or something would have made more sense
her old straitjacket seems too out of place when you consider she is basiclly near the emperor of britannia 24/7
maybe they just didnt feel like doing extra work
Old 2008-12-13, 15:07   Link #4145
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicit View Post
Strange, considering the staff have used CLAMP's designs for nearly everything else.

In any case, this dress would be preferable to the restraining suit she was left to walk around in.
Thanks to a friend of mine who scanned me a lot of pages from mutuality, I can confirm that. Every outfit were used in the animes minus a few ones and minor changes.

I don't see how clamp should have guessed to do an emperor/imperial outfits without having looked at something from the script or without having taniguchi asking for it. And since I can read lie quote in your post, I will just say that maybe in the past there were not commissioned (and i would a proof of that), but it doesn't mean it was inevitably the same here.

So, from my POV, till a proof (words on a scan) from clamp or taniguchi that they were not commissioned i will not made up fact and keep the possibility open

I got many new high rez scans of other characters including suzaku, I will do a summary of it (i can't post the scans, I promised), in the image thread.

There is also some text in japanese on the scans, so I will ask to my friend if I can ask somebody to help me on that matter (translation). And whatever those texts are, I will post them once translated.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:10   Link #4146
Lie

CLAMP designed what was asked for but they also designed other things, is what I meant. Somethings weren't used because they weren't needed or even asked for, like with the EDs CLAMP was just told to draw, they weren't given specifics on what to actually draw or for whom.
I thought I'd throw in an example, CLAMP wasn't told to draw C.C. draping over Suzaku but they did. Many things CLAMP has designed or drawn haven't made it into the show or even had anything to do with the show. Sometimes, they draw what they want to.
Old 2008-12-13, 15:13   Link #4147
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
If I remember well, They mentionned having commissioned Lelouch's outfit during an interview but nothing about Suzaku's and CC's. I wonder If Clamp didn't draw them of their own and if finally they pick up Suzaku's one and not CC's.

Now, the fact that CC was in her prisonner outfit seems tied to the fact that Kallen was back in her old resistance outfit too; I didn't really understood the meaning of those step back but well it was a nice way to tied those two.

The dress was nice BTW. Now I don't think it would have fit to CC's mind state during the end of the show (her face at the end of Turn 21) Wearing this restraining outfit while knowing what Lulu and Suzaku are going to do fit better than wearing a pretty dress at this occasion.

And well on a more biased note, CC's outfits are always nice because of Clamp love for her, it would have been unfair in my view, especially at the end, so Thanks to Taniguchi /Okouchi from my part. :'p
Now I think there will be some fanart with this outfit.

Quote:
CLAMP designed what was asked for but they also designed other things, is what I meant. Somethings weren't used because they weren't needed or even asked for, like with the EDs CLAMP was just told to draw, they weren't given specifics on what to actually draw or for whom.
I thought I'd throw in an example, CLAMP wasn't told to draw C.C. draping over Suzaku but they did. Many things CLAMP has designed or drawn haven't made it into the show or even had anything to do with the show. Sometimes, they draw what they want to.
So in the ending there weren't any indications ? Or were characters requested or something like that...?

Edit : yep Sky it works too.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:14   Link #4148
incorrupts
Banned

Simple, this is CLAMP's thinking of Lelouch = emperor, C.C = queen. Artistic choice.

Loli: There does not have to be a major indication in everything, i mean obviously there would not be an ED with Lulu slapping's Milly ass but still, it is more of a general theme. C.C comforting Lulu for example, in the first illustration of the second ED, can apply in the last epis.
Old 2008-12-13, 15:18   Link #4149
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
her old straitjacket seems too out of place when you consider she is basiclly near the emperor of britannia 24/7
mh.. on a side note, now that I think about it, CC never appered officially near Emperor Lelouch, and I guess the reason is that the few that are aware of CC existence, know her for being close to Zero, and Lelouch did not want to be recognized as Zero when he took over Britannia.
(forgive me for the poor phrasing my brain is quite melted... =.=)
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:18   Link #4150
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Simple, this is CLAMP's thinking of Lelouch = emperor, C.C = queen. Artistic choice.
I don't really believe that, sorry, because the pages of c.c.'s dress are in the same style of all the suzaku's outfits. With some texts and explanations. This is not a drawing just like that, but a detailled design.

BTW, all the suzaku's outfits were used in the anime. I'm working on my summary from some pages i have (mainly suzaku and shirley, since I know it can interest some people).
Old 2008-12-13, 15:19   Link #4151
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
nice point there levi
Old 2008-12-13, 15:21   Link #4152
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
If I remember well, They mentionned having commissioned Lelouch's outfit during an interview but nothing about Suzaku's and CC's. I wonder If Clamp didn't draw them of their own and if finally they pick up Suzaku's one and not CC's.

So in the ending there weren't any indications ? Or were characters requested or something like that...?

Edit : yep Sky it works too.
I know that Lelouch's was commissioned or they asked for a sketch. What CLAMP designed isn't what we got completely, though. That hat... kite.
I don't know about the others, I've been kinda under the impression that CLAMP just made the full set when they were asked for a design for Lelouch.
The endings weren't specifically commissioned if I remember, even the Shirley one was just by chance and it happened to coincide with the show's handling of Shirley.
I'd wonder too, where would a C.C. dress even fit in? Levi said it right, she never appeared with him, where'd she be wearing such a blatant dress?
Old 2008-12-13, 15:22   Link #4153
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I don't really believe that, sorry, because the pages of c.c.'s dress are in the same style of all the suzaku's outfits. With some texts and explanations. This is not a drawing just like that, but a detailled design.
Hmm, fair enough.
But still how that could apply to anime? I mean, Lulu would be like:
"yo Armani guys, design an empress dress for dah woman here so there won't be any suspicions from the other nation guys seeing her with me most of times"
I mean, i can't really see that solely for the reason that C.C can hide and she does hide, no need to be around him anyway, when he is Britania-prince-srz bznes-mode. And i honestly can't think of anything else. I'll give you that it is way detailed though.
Old 2008-12-13, 15:29   Link #4154
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i think lelouch's insane hat tells us that they didnt use clamp designs for EVERYTHING
they changed stuff around
i still think that it would have made more sense to put her in some kind of dress or something would have made more sense
maybe they just didnt feel like doing extra work
I didn't get my hand on the lelouch pages yet but i think that the actual hat design might appear in one of those pages. Concerning the others characters, the outfits are the same. There are only a few minor changes from what I saw. Nearly all the outfits are exactly the same.

Quote:
Hmm, fair enough.
But still how that could apply to anime? I mean, Lulu would be like:
"yo Armani guys, design an empress dress for dah woman here so there won't be any suspicions from the other nation guys seeing her with me most of times"
I mean, i can't really see that solely for the reason that C.C can hide and she does hide, no need to be around him anyway. And i honestly can't think of anything else. I'll give you that it it way detailed though.
Who know if they did cut something duing the production? Maybe Okouchi changed his script while he was writing it, since he finished it only 4 month before the ending of CG if i understood correctly.

And when I see how the >ep19 were rushed, it makes me think that they cut some things, maybe. I don't say they did it as a FACT. but in consider the possibility open.
Old 2008-12-13, 15:35   Link #4155
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Who know if they did cut something duing the production? Maybe Okouchi changed his script while he was writing it, since he finished it only 4 month before the ending of CG if i understood correctly.
We can't always go with the 'what ifs" you guys, i mean, there has to be something plausible, a constant for this. And frankly, what change can an empress dress make? I can't get this, honestly. And i am no being sarcastic here, i just can't comprehend this.
Old 2008-12-13, 15:36   Link #4156
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
I know that Lelouch's was commissioned or they asked for a sketch. What CLAMP designed isn't what we got completely, though. That hat... kite.
I don't know about the others, I've been kinda under the impression that CLAMP just made the full set when they were asked for a design for Lelouch.
The endings weren't specifically commissioned if I remember, even the Shirley one was just by chance and it happened to coincide with the show's handling of Shirley.
I'd wonder too, where would a C.C. dress even fit in? Levi said it right, she never appeared with him, where'd she be wearing such a blatant dress?
So They didn't knew about Shirley ? I remember something telling endings were only some eyes candy but I thought they knew things about the script and spoiled this too early, thus the report in the second ending.

Good point about CC, it's true that she wasn't really shown near of the emperor, it was more like Emperor lelouch and Knight of Zero. It's kinda logic though, since Lelouch let her the choice to do what she wanted in turn 21.
Thus this dress seems really out of place finally...
Now I wonder if Suzaku's was really commissionned or if just like you said, they came with the full set.

Sky : Fair enough, finally it's just another nice outfit for CC...unfair xD

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:40   Link #4157
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
We can't always go with the 'what ifs" you guys, i mean, there has to be something plausible, a constant for this. And frankly, what change can an empress dress make? I can't get this, honestly. And i am no being sarcastic here, i just can't comprehend this.
What? Why do you criticize the c.c. fans to do some "if" while the others fanbases do the same?

Like for kallen's gumline, the srcipt was done, but maybe they changed the script on the fly. They even cut c.c.'s name right when they were recording.

So, if you want to criticize the c.c. fans on that matter, criticize the other people too.

The difference? I don't know for now, I will think about it later. But at least, she would have looked beautiful in the anime wearing that dress
Old 2008-12-13, 15:44   Link #4158
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
What? Why do you criticize the c.c. fans to do some "if" while the others fanbases do the same?

Like for kallen's gumline, the srcipt was done, but maybe they changed the script on the fly. They even cut c.c.'s name right when they were recording.

So, if you want to criticize the c.c. fans on that matter, criticize the other people too.

The difference? I don't know for now, I will think about ot later. But at least, she would have looked beautiful in the anime wearing that dress
But THIS is the point. If you really want to go there ok:
Kalulu fans are going rar about the gumline. <--THIS is a constant. It was official, you can't deny this, gumlines were on the show anyway, and the only one left that was not said, was Kallen's. So, they have a right to make hypothesis about it and frankly, i do not think it was altered. Gumlines were pivotal for the charas, you can't just go with the "meh, let us alter it." I believe it was removed, no, i am sure it was removed for whatever reasons.

Now, about C.C there was not any cut/controversial info about her like this. I am being fair here. Ok, empress dress? Let us accept it. Where does it lead then?
Old 2008-12-13, 15:48   Link #4159
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
But THIS is the point. If you really want to go there ok:
Kalulu fans are going rar about the gumline. <--THIS is a constant. It was official, you can't deny this, gumlines were on the show anyway, and the only one left that was not said, was Kallen's. So, they have a right to make hypothesis about it and frankly, i do not think it was altered. Gumlines were pivotal for the charas, you can't just go with the "meh, let us alter it." I believe it was removed, no, i am sure it was removed for whatever reasons.

Now, about C.C there was not any cut/controversial info about her like this. I am being fair here. Ok, empress dress? Let us accept it. Where does it lead then?
From my point of view, there is still no proof to confirm that, but sorry to have talked about that, it's not the topic of this thread. So think what you want about it, but whatever I am not among the ones who will argue again about that. Mainly because I don't care about it.

I will think about it, I just pointed what I saw. A complete and detailled design for en imperial dress. There are some annotations too, but I can't read them but IMO, nothing important there. For the rest, I will think about it later. I am just happy that this outfit exists. If you want to see it as something useless, it's your right. But please, let the c.c. fans talk about c.c.'s materials in the c.c. thread. If you are not interested or if you think that outfit doesn't matter, just don't post and let the other talk about it if they want. Because just stating that it is not important again and again is trolling.
Old 2008-12-13, 15:52   Link #4160
Levy
differently sober

No, Loli, I think the main reason about her not being in any official circumstance by the side of Lelouch is the one I said above, but that's limited to official appearances, to the 'farce' of the evil tyrant. Off-scene, she's always there, and she's involved in ZR - not as actively as Suzaku and Lelouch - but she's always been there knowing everything.

I guess the reason for the outfit is partially that CC is part of the plan - and partially the fact that CLAMP love to draw her and love to draw pretty dress.
(I'm going to sleep... =.=.. goodnight everybody..)
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote