AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-05, 10:24   Link #101
PastPrime

I was thinking that you could consider both Haruhi and Yuki to be magical girls, with Yuki's powers limited by the requirements of equivilent exchange and Haruhi's powers being unlimited.
Old 2006-06-05, 18:47   Link #102
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Not exactly... but it's interesting to say that.

/*moved some ep10 discussion to here just because it's more appropiate here*/

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself, on what Yuki said of her peers
Well Nagato actually confirmed that there is more than 1 agent of the data entity on earth (so she's not technically the 'sole' observer). Data entity exists outside of the bound of space-time, making this entity perhaps divine from the eyes of human being. Their thought can go from past to present and future simutaneously, however they could not further themselves since they cannot get through this knowing all stumbling block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
I thought that they can't read the data before 3 years ago. So they exist now and in the future but their past is limited to that 3 years ago where Haruhi created them to be? When I mean 3 years, 3 years from how Yuki stated it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashZero
You're mixing up Mikuru's story with Yuki's.

Yuki herself was created three years ago to observe Haruhi after the IDE noticed a explosion of new information coming from Haruhi, but they existed and had access to past more than 3 years ago; whereas Mikuru's future people found out they couldn't travel more than 3 years into the past (from Kyon's standpoint).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi, on Yuki's explaination
So does that makes the Data Entity similiar to V'ger from Star Trek The Motion Picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx, clearification of mixing up ideology of the factions involved
There are three factions, each of whom has a COMPLETELY different theory about the phenomenon that is Haruhi ... some of ya'll are mixing them together.

From the Data point of view, they've always been around and Haruhi is just a datafield anomoly.... from the timetravel view, she's a locking kink on spacetime that prevents them from going more than 3 years prior like they used to. .... from the esper point of view, its impossible to tell wtf is happening for all they know she created the universe and the false memories before it 3 years ago - all they can do is mitigate any reality shifts she might generate (let sleeping gods lie).
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadragon, in response to Vexx
But none of their theories clash, so they can all be right...or wrong.
Itsuki only said that the world might be created only 3 years ago. He's uncertain of it. Only thing certain is, Haruhi is god-like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx, responding to imadragon
Correct... all the theories may be all facets of the same "jewel" (re: The Many Faces of God by Campbell) or just reflections on the cave wall from the firelight.

I'm almost surprised one of my favorite Arthur C. Clarke proverbs isn't in the OP background text and equations drifting around (paraphrase):

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Just imagine someone awakened from only 200 years ago (hell, 100 years ago) and they'll awaken to a world of Pandemonium, full of demonic forces, witchcraft, people conversing with unseen voices, music from hell,
Actually... I could collar the average Joe Moron on the street today and most of the technologies around them are "magic".
It is not known whether or not the data entity bother with time travelling with matter and what kind of effect the time quake has on them. It has been remarked by Yuki that the Time Travellers from Mikuru's era use a comparibly 'rudimentary' method of time travel which leaves some 'wake'. The data entity exists in the past, present and future and they merely need to pass data inbetween instead of bothering with the physical matter (think of it in Gnostic term as abandonment of the Hylic when one madeup of pure Gnosis)

Data entity is somewhat like V'ger but not really, as they have trancended the plane of matter and they exist as information. Yuki might be closer to V'ger actually. Data entity doesn't question its existence but are concerned of its survival and evolutionary standstill.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-06-05 at 19:05.
Old 2006-06-05, 19:50   Link #103
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan

Data entity is somewhat like V'ger but not really, as they have trancended the plane of matter and they exist as information. Yuki might be closer to V'ger actually. Data entity doesn't question its existence but are concerned of its survival and evolutionary standstill.
I suppose you could speculate that Data Entity might be something like "post-evolved" V'ger (transcending the illusion of material existence)... Yuki acting much like Delta's reconstituted form and providing some interface to humans.

It is difficult to portray such an entity --- clearly when its supposed to be "integrated" yet there are factions within concealing data from each other (see ep 10).
Old 2006-06-05, 19:57   Link #104
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well the inner workings of the data entity isn't something that Kyon bothered to ask Yuki about... he's having a hard time as it is getting a solid grasp of 3 factions and moreover, how SOS- Brigade will come out of everything short of the kitchen sink being hurled at them.

To further complicate matter, Itsuki inadvertantly confirmed the existence of more than one alien race out there (by his comment that the organization has contacted more than just data entity) . This brings forth another layer of 'invisible hand' to think of.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-05, 20:13   Link #105
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well the inner workings of the data entity isn't something that Kyon bothered to ask Yuki about... he's having a hard time as it is getting a solid grasp of 3 factions and moreover, how SOS- Brigade will come out of everything short of the kitchen sink being hurled at them.

To further complicate matter, Itsuki inadvertantly confirmed the existence of more than one alien race out there (by his comment that the organization has contacted more than just data entity) . This brings forth another layer of 'invisible hand' to think of.
Well, we already know there are more aliens. Even the cave cricket classifies as a different alien race, even if it was a failed evolutionary branch.

But I think I can safely claim that Yuki's faction is the most powerful of them all. Thus, there may be trouble caused by a random alien event here and there, but none will be anything Yuki can't handle. I guess I am saying the other aliens would not be influential enough to consider themselves a faction.
Look at it this way; I don't know if Mikuru is more at ease about it yet or not, but at the beginning she was certainly terrified of Yuki. There is no reason to believe the other alien races would be any less fearful and don't stay away as a consequence.
Old 2006-06-05, 20:17   Link #106
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

well true... although I am still somewhat trying to think of the Snow Mountain event wondering at this point whether or not if there's more than just inner factions of the data entities involved ... it makes sense from both standpoint as it's not conflicting to imagine that the creation (Yuki) is not greater than the creator (data entity) just as it is to imagine that there's alternate faction stepping in and one that is comparible at least to Yuki.

Old 2006-06-05, 20:52   Link #107
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
well true... although I am still somewhat trying to think of the Snow Mountain event wondering at this point whether or not if there's more than just inner factions of the data entities involved ... it makes sense from both standpoint as it's not conflicting to imagine that the creation (Yuki) is not greater than the creator (data entity) just as it is to imagine that there's alternate faction stepping in and one that is comparible at least to Yuki.
Yuki isn't invincible herself, that much we know.

But even if another race manage to overpower the singular Yuki, all that would merely mean they had declared war on the entire data entity society. I am inclined to believe the Data Entities is the lone superpower in the galaxy. The greatest threat to Yuki, other than Haruhi on a rampage, would be from within her own faction.
Old 2006-06-05, 21:07   Link #108
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

There is validity in this argument of data entity as sole superpower since Koizumi's postulate stated essentially that the only one that matters are those that are showing up in the SOS clubroom and are regular members, thus eliminates the relevence to any other alien parties that might exist. Of course that postulate does not fully address the matter concerning the status of Tsuruya-san completely.

It's still in the open right now though. Who are we to jump into a solid conclusion when Kyon himself is open to it still and he only concludes that his own sanity is intact in the midst of all this.

Old 2006-06-08, 01:25   Link #109
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Your all String theorist lol
Old 2006-06-08, 03:51   Link #110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

actually, I'm more attracted to "information field" views of matter and energy ... but string theory is good for assembly programming
Old 2006-07-18, 12:17   Link #111
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of String theory...

Based on Big Mikuru's presence in Kyon's time alongside Small Mikuru and Mikuru's explaination, it seems that Tanigawa's universe really follows waveform collapse and in string theory, a supersymmetry of time as dimentions (how many dimentions of time though... dunno). Nagato's ability to synchronize with her past self is another proof of this discontinuity in spacetime. (The implications of this explaination though is lost to me)

Old 2006-07-19, 09:53   Link #112
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
er sorry i'm lost in here, what are you guys talking about?
Old 2006-07-19, 12:18   Link #113
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Back all the way up to page 1 and read the thread intro (and the rest of the thread). This thread discusses the physics and science behind the Haruhi series with some forays into speculative science fiction concepts.

I just rebrowsed the thread... I think its worth saving off (whew, its only six pages....)

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-07-19 at 12:28.
Old 2008-02-11, 08:55   Link #114
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I know than this tread is non-working for more than a year, but I would like to start a discussion about the nature of Haruhi ( what kind of being is she) A moderator indicaded than this thread should be the place for this kind of discussion. Myself, I am not sure
Spoiler for "spoiler from the novels:
Old 2008-02-12, 01:16   Link #115
Sol Falling

sounds good to me, but you should probably present a starting point. seems like your spoiler up there might have been cut off? can't really start discussing until we know what's to be discussed.
Old 2008-02-12, 10:06   Link #116
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Sorry for lack of clearness of my earlier post. I intended to start a discussion about the nature of Haruhi or about the speculation about her nature. After all Yuki, Mikuru and Koisumi don't share the same idea about that and the last novel add some more possibility.
Old 2008-02-12, 12:30   Link #117
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sorry for lack of clearness of my earlier post. I intended to start a discussion about the nature of Haruhi or about the speculation about her nature. After all Yuki, Mikuru and Koisumi don't share the same idea about that and the last novel add some more possibility.
Mikuru's wrong entirely, Yuki doesn't really have a (clear) view of what she is, only what she does, and Koizumi, though he at first presents the "she's God" view, later tells Kyon that he believes otherwise. Later novels seem to support the idea that she's not omnipotent.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2008-02-12 at 23:51. Reason: OMnipotent. Dammit.
Old 2008-02-12, 23:15   Link #118
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Mikuru's wrong entirely, Yuki doesn't really have a (clear) view of what she is, only what she does, and Koizumi, though he at first presents the "she's God" view, later tells Kyon that he believes otherwise. Later novels seem to support the idea that she's not onimpotent.
For the time traveler , yes they are wrong;
Spoiler for spoiller from tanabata rapsodie:
For Nagato, she never gived a titre , she just said what she is capable of doing ( not so helpfull in that). And for the god thing the problem lie in the fact than no one might have the same definition or idea about what is god ( or a god).
Omnipotence might be only one part of the whole, if it is one.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:54   Link #119
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfan
although I am still somewhat trying to think of the Snow Mountain event wondering at this point whether or not if there's more than just inner factions of the data entities involved ...
Well, that's impossible because the Integrated Data Entity said(through Yuki) themselves that those responsible for that incident isn't one of them.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:57   Link #120
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quoting something 2 years ago does not work.

Anyway at that time the Canopy Domain was not known yet.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread