AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-26, 20:22   Link #2721
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I finished "Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO" recently, which is regarded as the very best work of Kenno Yukihiro (who's my favorite writer), and it's currently the second highest rated game at Erogamescape... And I just can't find appropriate enough words to reflect how much of an epic game that is.
Seriously, during all my time I've spent on games and VNs (over 110 vns that is), that was the _BEST_ ever story I had the chance to read.
It's just... I can't find any faults in it, the whole game was a total, sheer awesomeness. Some themes the game involved might be a bit odd (well not as much as Saya for example), yet it totally makes the player just burn in all the emotion (sadness, happyness, shocks), and the ending is just something out of this world.... Every piece of the puzzle just flawlessly went to its place, and the sudden twist at the very end is just.... Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Even though the game is superlong (it was the longest eroge for more than 10 years actually), and I played it for about 12-13 days, I think that every second I have spent on reading was totally worth it, because being familiar with something so superb just feels really good.
It's a shame I probably lost a bit too much due to dictionary-ing and due to the machinetranslators. Hell figuring out the letters from Father, or the discussion between the MC and another character at the very end, which explains the various things took me about one and a half / two hours to grasp (yes, that's one really long conversation with no real break in between, and it's totally mind-boggling). Other than those, I was surprised that the majority of the script consists of not that difficult dialouges.

Is there anyone here who had the opportunity to play it? How did you like it then?

____
By the way, if anyone is interested by any chance to translate it, (God, I pray that I'll see the day when it might be translated), we uploaded the scripts for the Windows version, created some tools for insertion, and we made a working test voicepatch on a Translation Project Page. Feel free to contact me in case of interest.
Old 2009-10-27, 05:12   Link #2722
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Amazing that this thread is still going (even if it's been a while since the last reply now).

Recently I've been playing Yosuga no Sora, and it's definitely one of the best VNs I've played. Although since I know very little Japanese and am entirely dependent on AGTH to help me, that's not really saying much (plus I've played rather few untranslated VNs). It's kind of funny seeing the more fluent people saying it's a bit too short, since each scenario easily takes me 12 hours to finish due to the time it takes me to interpret most of the sentences :P At least I can't complain that the game is too short, I guess.

Just got Motoka's scenario left now, hopefully it won't be much longer until Haruka na Sora gets here (shipped today).

Highly recommended to anyone who can understand Japanese (either on their own or with AGTH).
Old 2009-11-04, 17:29   Link #2723
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

If anyone is interested, Sharin No Kuni's translation is fully finished now, and everyone should try it, because it's really awesome.
Project page

*goes back to read*
Old 2009-11-04, 17:53   Link #2724
IntoTheAbyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
I also heard a rumor that Sono Hanabira ni Kuchiduke Wo English translation is at work but there is no proof about that.
Been waiting for this for a while, doubt it'll get done anytime soon though...
IntoTheAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 07:54   Link #2725
Berni
щ(゚Д゚щ)

I also heard the rumor, but I don't trust it at all. Anyway I enjoy it, Sono Hanabira is one of the best ero-games I ever played
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 03:45   Link #2726
kyosak
poo

I've been taking a break from games recently but I'm ready to play another now...

Can someone recommend a good VN with mystery/thriller type of plot? Something like G Senjou no Maou... Thanks in advance.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 05:24   Link #2727
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Not so much mystery, but definetly a thriller: Have you heard of a game called "Draculius"?

It's highly under-exposed, but it's DAMN GOOD. Eroge review has a review of that game. You should at least read it and see if it fits your type.
Old 2009-11-10, 17:17   Link #2728
momochi
Watashi no mochi

If you don't mind guro, you can give one of Innocent Grey's titles a go.

http://www.gungnir.co.jp/innocentgrey/index2.html

Or you could try CROSS CHANNEL, though I'm not sure whether this is regarded as a thriller or not.
momochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 21:29   Link #2729
DeotoxSlayer

So the preriminary coting for Ameterasu translations next project is here:

http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/poll/

You vote for 3 choices, I voted for Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni which is what i'm hoping will win even though it probably doesn't have any real chance of winning, i also voted for Parfait ~Second Brew~ and i'm not sure what my third vote was for I couldn't decide so I closed my eyes and chose a random one.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 17:03   Link #2730
Muyasuki

Just finished playing Princess Waltz. I can definitely say that I liked it a whole lot better than I thought I would. The battle system implemented was actually really fun too once you got used to it. Also liked that, judging by the game's ending, there is more than enough room for a possible sequel.

This game could VERY easily be transitioned into an anime series. The actual H scenes (while good) could easily have been taken out and the game would still be good.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 19:23   Link #2731
Avisch
Reality Blender

Been playing Sengoku Rance for the past three weeks (yeah Im slow).

I actually haven't finished the true route yet. But anyway there hasn't been a game thats gotten me this hooked since Odin Sphere on the PS2. Game is hilarious as well (but since it's by Alicesoft thats to be expected).

About to start on Cross+Channel and will start again on Battle Goddess Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Finshed playing MinatoSoft recent game Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!. Really fun game with a great cast as good as Tsuyokiss cast was maybe even better. The games main theme is friendship not only do you see the main characters but the side characters helping each other out when their need of help.

Love Momoyo's character she's a bit of a perv very similar to Shinra's character from Minatosoft previous game Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de, except Momoyo is a perv to all girl's that she finds to be either cute or good looking. Oh and she also kicks ass, she's the most strongest character in the game.

Im looking forward to playing it!

I particularly agree with the see able main character bit you mentioned. Faceless dudes are weird.

Speaking of Kimiaru, doesn't Ageha appear in the game? (I thought I saw some CGs of her with longer hair)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Here's your proof!

Spoiler for Answer:

Well, let's hope it's a very good adaptation.
Wow. Thats damn wonderful. I haven't gotten a chance to play any of the Sono Hanabira games yet. But the (very cute and wonderful) character design of the third game caught my eye and introduced me to the series.

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2009-11-20 at 19:35.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 12:11   Link #2732
dont

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I finished "Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO" recently, which is regarded as the very best work of Kenno Yukihiro (who's my favorite writer), and it's currently the second highest rated game at Erogamescape... And I just can't find appropriate enough words to reflect how much of an epic game that is.
Seriously, during all my time I've spent on games and VNs (over 110 vns that is), that was the _BEST_ ever story I had the chance to read.
Old game never dies ,although the legendary Elf is decline....
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm367153

Sega Saturn ver. is the best version.
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 17:43   Link #2733
DeotoxSlayer

Just so people know the final poll at Ameterasu Translation for their next translation project will take place on November 23rd at 6:00 PM US Pacific Time and will last for 24 hours.

The link is: http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/poll/

The 10 finalists are:

11eyes
Baldr Sky Dive1 "LostMemory"
Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet
France Shoujo ~Une Fille Blanche~
I/O
Katahane
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
MuvLuv Alternative
My girlfriend is the PRESIDENT
Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu

I would reccomend not voting for My girlfriend is the PRESIDENT as it already has a translation project which is already 25% translated.

I myself am going to vote for 11eyes it seems like an epic action eroge and from what i've heard the story is very well done, also this review convinced me to vote for it (NSFW, Some major and minor Spoilers in character descriptions skip chracter descriptions if you don't want to be spoiled)(http://mouyamete.oniichannoecchi.com/?p=755.) So i would urge you all to vote for 11eyes as well.

Plus 11eyes's story is said to be quite like Fate/Stay Night and Persona 3 if that'll get some people to vote for it.

P.S. You need to have an account on their forums to vote in the poll.

EDIT: Swan Song has been replaced by Katahane because a translation project for Swan Song has just appeared.

Last edited by DeotoxSlayer; 2009-11-22 at 18:08.
Old 2009-11-23, 01:44   Link #2734
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Just so people know the final poll at Ameterasu Translation for their next translation project will take place on November 23rd at 6:00 PM US Pacific Time and will last for 24 hours.

The link is: http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/poll/

The 10 finalists are:

11eyes
Baldr Sky Dive1 "LostMemory"
Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet
France Shoujo ~Une Fille Blanche~
I/O
Katahane
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
MuvLuv Alternative
My girlfriend is the PRESIDENT
Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu

I would reccomend not voting for My girlfriend is the PRESIDENT as it already has a translation project which is already 25% translated.

I myself am going to vote for 11eyes it seems like an epic action eroge and from what i've heard the story is very well done, also this review convinced me to vote for it (NSFW, Some major and minor Spoilers in character descriptions skip chracter descriptions if you don't want to be spoiled)(http://mouyamete.oniichannoecchi.com/?p=755.) So i would urge you all to vote for 11eyes as well.

Plus 11eyes's story is said to be quite like Fate/Stay Night and Persona 3 if that'll get some people to vote for it.

P.S. You need to have an account on their forums to vote in the poll.

EDIT: Swan Song has been replaced by Katahane because a translation project for Swan Song has just appeared.
Aww , sort of sad that Kara no Shoujo got replaced . Among the first 10 that was my pick since it looked quite interesting . Guess i'll be voting for one of Baldr/11Eyes or I/O (Would have voted for 11eyes at the start the shitty tv adaption sort of made me reconsider (YES I KNOW THE GAME IS BETTER)). All that cheerleading and spamming on the amaterasu forums really drove me away from voting for MuvLuv / Kimi ga Nozomu Eien . Might also consider France Shoujo since the art is done by Tony (Thats the only selling point though )
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 02:47   Link #2735
Wrath88
Kissing...

I'd vote for 11eyes. While I might not fully understand all of what's being said, especially when Misuzu gets into lecture mode, there are some really good parts to the story that should be spread around. Game party + tsundere-acting Takahisa, lol.
Old 2009-11-23, 03:51   Link #2736
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont View Post
Old game never dies ,although the legendary Elf is decline....
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm367153

Sega Saturn ver. is the best version.
Yeah, Sega Saturn would be the best, but I couldn't attach the text extractor to that unfortunately (despite that I really wanted to play with voices). So I had to go with the Elf Classics release which includes the original pc98 release, ported onto windows.
And yeah the windows version is the easiest to localize too, so our project is translating that (currently a bit short of 9% translated). We sort of already have a working voicepatch o go along with that, which employs the Saturn's release voices (still trying to improving it a bit).
The prologue's teaser patch (provides about few hours of content) will be out sometimes soon.

@Ammy Poll
I'm going to vote on Muv luv alternative myself (they'll translate a significant portion of its predecessors when it wins). That should keep them busy for a while, and I haven't heard anyone who hasn't liked it.
Old 2009-11-23, 18:45   Link #2737
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Going to vote for Muv Luv Alternative in the poll. I don't mind if the translations takes 1-2 years as long as it is being translated. Pretty satisfied with all of the possible options except for 11eyes.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 21:27   Link #2738
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Aww , sort of sad that Kara no Shoujo got replaced . Among the first 10 that was my pick since it looked quite interesting . Guess i'll be voting for one of Baldr/11Eyes or I/O (Would have voted for 11eyes at the start the shitty tv adaption sort of made me reconsider (YES I KNOW THE GAME IS BETTER)). All that cheerleading and spamming on the amaterasu forums really drove me away from voting for MuvLuv / Kimi ga Nozomu Eien . Might also consider France Shoujo since the art is done by Tony (Thats the only selling point though )
Although i'm prety sure no matter what that MuvLuv will win, i'm still going to vote for 11 eyes and you should too.

Poll is not open you must be logged on to the forums to vote.
http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/poll/

So go on and vote and please vote for 11eyes its a great game, if you want more info on 11eyes check my post in the previous page and make sure you read my post thoroughly before clicking the link.
Old 2009-11-24, 06:01   Link #2739
Pirkaf

I don't think it's that clear, KGNE seems to have a pretty big support. I also voted for it. But we can also have a surprising winner, like Sekien no Inganock on the previous poll.
Pirkaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 07:38   Link #2740
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirkaf View Post
I don't think it's that clear, KGNE seems to have a pretty big support. I also voted for it. But we can also have a surprising winner, like Sekien no Inganock on the previous poll.
The thing is that the support you see on the site is 2 people spamming all the threads like crazy, trying to get people to vote KGNE.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel