AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 29 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 17.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-29, 09:48   Link #61
Dahak86
Classics never age

Hmm, is it just me or the ep felt a bit fast paced? especially the fights, they seemed rushed...

have to say, those ice-knights are pretty stupid, uh?
destroyng each other just to get through a door? check.
breaking their own legs? check.
odd movements? check. (although, this may just be the animation fault).

the fight against Biagio in the first-half was kinda lame, with him throwing crosses around at random... and Touma dodging/dispelling them... in the end he had to resort in using that 'weight attack' in order to get a clear hit on Touma.

second-half was better, although we got some weird faces from Agnese and Biagio, but at least, the last round of Touma vs Biagio was handled very good.

anyway, I think I liked ep15 more. This show should better stick with its epic-fanservice moments more... nothing I can make a 'request' of in this ep...

nice to see the introduction of a new crazy/messed-up girl, Vento of the front.
at least that's the impression I got in her few seconds appearance...
is her name Vento (italian for: Wind), related to her powers/weapons, perhaps?

next: Misaka and Accel + LO? cool, looks like it'll be a very good episode.

GIFs =>
Old 2011-01-29, 09:54   Link #62
tsunade666

vento means wind in italian and yes her name implies her element and power.
Old 2011-01-29, 10:09   Link #63
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I like the ending and how the whole episode felt pretty epic but the ending is kinda like Dahaisesai except less time wait. I can't wait for next episode though with the punishment game and all. +new uniforms. The characters i like the most in the series are gonna appear next week too ( Biribiri, Acceleator, LO, Fukiyose...). I can't wait.
Old 2011-01-29, 11:45   Link #64
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Orsola is good
Lidva contrary to what the anime show is good at heart
Oriana is good

This series so far main focus is a controversy of views and belives (with the roman catholics trying to hold the most power).

I am Catholic myself and I dont see a problem here, really RL religion have done really dirty things during the history of humankind.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 12:20   Link #65
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Great ep

So since Agnese is staying with Orsola and Kanzaki is she apart of the church of england?

Oh didn't expect Kanzaki to imagine herself as a maid, but not complaining.

So the Pope and Vento make their appearance.

Next ep packed with alot of people, and is that a date with Touma and Misaka? Maybe that's his punishment.
Old 2011-01-29, 12:45   Link #66
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Thank. You. JC. Staff.

This is hands down one of the best episodes of the franchise, to date.

The best of the philosophical/political conflicts of Index meets the heart-pounding relentless ferocity of Railgun.

Norio Wakamoto, Biagio is easily your coolest, most memorable and sickeningly evil role since Perfect Cell of Dragonball Z/Kai. Keep up the good work!!

And on a that note, does anyone else think that at this point, Accelerator is like the "Freeza" of the "Faith VS Science" Universe?

Everyone touts him as the greatest warrior in the world, and yet ultimately he is just all talk compared to the THREE magic-side warriors in Season 2 who are able to beat Touma within an inch of his life, one of them beat him util he was vomiting blood without using any supernatural powers (Oriana's Martial Arts abilities).

And after that bullet in the head, he has become even more like yesterday's news, just like Freeza of Dragonball Z/Kai.
Old 2011-01-29, 13:14   Link #67
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Norio Wakamoto, Biagio is easily your coolest, most memorable and sickeningly evil role since Perfect Cell of Dragonball Z/Kai. Keep up the good work!!

And on a that note, does anyone else think that at this point, Accelerator is like the "Freeza" of the "Faith VS Science" Universe?

Everyone touts him as the greatest warrior in the world, and yet ultimately he is just all talk compared to the THREE magic-side warriors in Season 2 who are able to beat Touma within an inch of his life, one of them beat him util he was vomiting blood without using any supernatural powers (Oriana's Martial Arts abilities).
Not really.

Look at the manga to see just how messed up Touma really becomes due to Accelerator. Its worse than anything Oriana did to him. And Accelerator could beat any of the Magic side enemies we saw this season too.

Its simply that Touma is a bad match up for Accelerator, while Oriana is a bad match up for Touma.
Old 2011-01-29, 13:22   Link #68
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
..............................That was a disappointment... Especially how the arc ended.
But hey, let's think positive! It was a whole lot more interesting than the previous arc.
Wakamoto is great (I'm currently playing Xenoblade, so I can't help but enjoy this voice), but he was defeated too easily. Overall, all of the seriousness was a bit lackluster. Also, plenty of odd moments.
Like... Oh sure, the ship doesn't break before (and someone used the novel to explain why), but now it does? Um...? Yeah... And don't try to say "But it might just be that some parts of the ship are breakable!" to explain this, since that is plot device to the max.
Touma's physical ability is as incredible as ever. I wonder if his Imagine Breaker actually has some hidden stat boost...
As always, I don't know when Kanzaki went dere over Touma...
Wakamoto's weapon was kind of lame...
etc.

Anyways, more new characters, but considering all of the new characters so far, I'm not going to get my hopes up.
But I guess there will be a new OP next time? No more NO PANTSU!! and Mayonnaise anymore...
It WAS explained, actually, when Index said that this ship had magic running throughout the whole thing because it was the main control center and thus was different from the other ships.

Quote:
Thank. You. JC. Staff.

This is hands down one of the best episodes of the franchise, to date.

The best of the philosophical/political conflicts of Index meets the heart-pounding relentless ferocity of Railgun.

And after that bullet in the head, he has become even more like yesterday's news, just like Freeza of Dragonball Z/Kai.
"Just all talk"? The anime didn't show how bloody and messed up Touma became in that fight due to Accel beating him up. And Accel's power level is far far higher than any of the villains in the second season shown so far. Even after his power was cut down, look at the scene where he confronts Awaki - he was going easy on her.
Old 2011-01-29, 13:23   Link #69
tsunade666

From all the fights Touma been through from first season up to second season as of to date and not the up coming battle.

His hardest fight is against accelerator. His really near to death on that fight. Even though he can dodge some of his attack and nullify his one hit ko move. his aoe attacks scraps every skin on touma and tearing his life away.
Old 2011-01-29, 13:26   Link #70
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Fallen angel maid with neko meme, do want
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 13:31   Link #71
giorno

meh, we already saw at least 4 characters who easily dwarf accelerator(at this point at least) in power so much that it's not even funny back in season 1....(well, one of them is index, another is the archangel gabriel....)

and yeah, the antagonists from this season so far really weren't that strong, definitely not even in the same league as accelerator, and Touma WAS beaten within an inch of life by accelerator, too...

plus accelerator will become the science main character starting from next week, so he'll get better

though other than that, yeah, there are plenty of guys from the magic side who make (the current)accelerator look weak by comparison...and you just saw one at the end of this episode btw....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 13:43   Link #72
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
meh, we already saw at least 4 characters who easily dwarf accelerator(at this point at least) in power so much that it's not even funny back in season 1....(well, one of them is index, another is the archangel gabriel....)

and yeah, the antagonists from this season so far really weren't that strong, definitely not even in the same league as accelerator, and Touma WAS beaten within an inch of life by accelerator, too...

plus accelerator will become the science main character starting from next week, so he'll get better

though other than that, yeah, there are plenty of guys from the magic side who make (the current)accelerator look weak by comparison...and you just saw one at the end of this episode btw....
no Vento is definitely not one of them.Index(johans penn mode), and a few more im not supposed to mention.

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2011-01-29 at 14:27.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 14:13   Link #73
giorno

"current accelerator". As in accelerator as of volumes 3 and 8...Vento is way more broken than him at this point

also, edit your post, seriously, you mentioned one you're not supposed to mention already...the most important of all, no less...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 14:17   Link #74
tsunade666

vento is one of them. And when he attacks you will know.

On the whole world the only one I know who can actually fought him is Touma and 2 utterly broken character and one of them is already mentioned or everyone should know and the other is the leader of GRS and isn't appearing in this season.
Old 2011-01-29, 14:29   Link #75
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

really some of u guys should watch the subs before asking "why does this boat get affected by imagine breaker and not the other ones?"
Old 2011-01-29, 14:31   Link #76
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ugh. I really am disappointed with Season 2. Honestly it's just been so lackluster compared to the first season. And the comedy isn't as great either.

This episode was all completely predictable. Nothing interesting or different from the previous conflicts. Just the same old formula with little creativity. And some really odd physics.

And I guess I'm in the minority here but I honestly didn't like Biagio's voice. It was really annoying.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 15:28   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't help but laugh at the way the Roman Catholic church comes off in this series. They certainly have a lot to answer for, but it's absurd the stuff they get up to here - world destruction seemingly at the core of most of it. They're definitely the bogeyman of the series, but there's a "Scooby-doo" quality to the way those damn kids always foil their plots before we ever really get to see them in action. And there's always a troll - the first plot is never the real plot, just a decoy.

Norio Wakamoto really is great as Biagio here - he's such a shameless ham but so much fun to listen to. He's the Jack Nicholson of seiyuu.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 15:39   Link #78
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You know they are screwed basically because Academy city and the anglicans are pulling the strings right? not because some kids.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 15:44   Link #79
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

where is everyone getting world destruction by the RCC from?
Old 2011-01-29, 15:52   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The episode definitely moved along quickly. Had the first match and even the rematch for Touma before the episode was over. Of course he's left drifting in the ocean and eventually found. While it's like his luck makes sense that having his hand examined by an outside hospital wouldn't be good. No choice, but to take his battered body back. Love the message left by Mikoto as well .

Well another threat to Academy City is taken care of. Geeze the magic side just keeps trying stuff like this. Everything works out fine in the end and Kaori gets another roommate .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
From all the fights Touma been through from first season up to second season as of to date and not the up coming battle.

His hardest fight is against accelerator. His really near to death on that fight. Even though he can dodge some of his attack and nullify his one hit ko move. his aoe attacks scraps every skin on touma and tearing his life away.
Really if Accerator hadn't been surprised by Touma's ability and just stayed back to focus on the long range attacks he would have been fine. Beofre his injury the guy was just ridiculously powerful, which of course makes sense being the strongest level 5. With all the crazy stuff in magic it's the high level espers that reflect what the science side is capable of.