AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-24, 17:37   Link #41
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

10/10 OMG what to say this ep had action and after the action i lold so much. OMG the girls reaction at the end was hilarious(especially houkis). The story wise i still don't get how she just likes him out of nowhere but it was overshadowed by my other reasons to like.
Old 2011-02-24, 17:59   Link #42
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Charlotte bath scene GET.
Dear Water, Be more clear..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Rin turning into Grief mode and evolving into a Witch which, because what she does from this point on will be pointless, seeks Ichika's life
Judging by your sig I'm guessing theres a reason you bolded those words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Next week is yet another obligatory beach episode. Nothing to complain about, especially seeing that saucy preview.
Dear Next Week, Hurry up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Spoiler for NSFW Laura :O:
Very much thanks..
Although anyone else agree she should just leave off the eye-patch in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Spoiler for Ep. 8:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-24, 18:00   Link #43
ForsakenLight

Quote:
Pfffff. Sour grapes whining
haha, just you wait. Soon your Germany will also join the ranks right at the very back at the ED.

lol jokes aside, i am SO gonna vote for Charlotte in Saimoe.

Quote:
Very much thanks..
Although anyone else agree she should just leave off the eye-patch in general?
yeah i agree, she's looks so much better without the eyepatch imho.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:06   Link #44
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
OMG the girls reaction at the end was hilarious(especially houkis). The story wise i still don't get how she just likes him out of nowhere but it was overshadowed by my other reasons to like.
1. Ichika's an 'Unfortunate' man.

2. He defeated her in mortal combat, hence the Laws of the Amazon-German women states that she must marry him!

3. She's a Vampire Ninja, and that kissing one of them equals a marriage contract- Signed, sealed and delivered.

4. All of the above... And then some.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:09   Link #45
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
I wonder if the bath part will be uncensored in the DVD/Blu-ray version.
oh, you're definitely not alone. That's basically the same line of thought of 2ch and 2chan.

anyways, 10/10 for great action, Laura, badass Laura, nekkid Laura, Laura's backstory, nekkid Laura, cute Laura, nekkid Laura, kiss-stealer Laura, nekk-... oh well, guess I rendered the idea.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:10   Link #46
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenLight View Post
haha, just you wait. Soon your Germany will also join the ranks right at the very back at the ED.

lol jokes aside, i am SO gonna vote for Charlotte in Saimoe.
It's just that after all this kiddy-ing around, it's incredibly gratifying to see ONE girl having the guts to just "go for it". In doing so, Laura has been doing the show some tremendous favor.

Quote:
yeah i agree, she's looks so much better without the eyepatch imho.
She's attractive with, and a stunner without.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:28   Link #47
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I never thought that Laura would be the one to play the 'girlish' games that Cecilia, Houki, and Rin are so of course, she's already planning on using 'whatever means nessacary' to 'aquire' her 'target'. Doujins are churning out as we speak lol

And Chifuyu hasn't changed at all from when she was younger - she just got...'bigger' lol Not that I mind at all. XD Schoolgirl uniform - long skirt version!!

*eagerly awaiting next week* Chifu-nee in a bikini - I BETTAH GET MAH SERVICE!!
Old 2011-02-24, 18:40   Link #48
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
oh, you're definitely not alone. That's basically the same line of thought of 2ch and 2chan.

anyways, 10/10 for great action, Laura, badass Laura, nekkid Laura, Laura's backstory, nekkid Laura, cute Laura, nekkid Laura, kiss-stealer Laura, nekk-... oh well, guess I rendered the idea.
you sir must be a big Laura fan ._.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:42   Link #49
RiderLeangle

Quote:
You forgot to mention the most important part, when she doesn't have clothes on

Quote:
Doujins are churning out as we speak lol
Dear artists, Draw faster

Quote:
*eagerly awaiting next week* Chifu-nee in a bikini - I BETTAH GET MAH SERVICE!!
Dear VLC, Thank you for putting in that snapshot feature in
Old 2011-02-24, 18:54   Link #50
paladinenvec

Man It's so rare that i give an anime episode a 10 these days but this episode was balanced and of course the clichés were still in the episode but they were well executed, Charlotte stole the show again and she got more development between her and ichika,
Spoiler:

The fight were well made nothing wrong with that, the animation was superb as always.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:56   Link #51
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Okay, maybe it's the translation, but can someone help explain to me Laura's behavior? The way I see it, it goes like this:
Laura: My savior dares shows a dere face!? RAGE RAGE RAGE. Then she lost, so she freaks out and unleashes that...Valkyrie Trace thing, which Ichika again defeats. After reminiscing, she woke up to see Chifuyu, which tells her to what I guess to forget the past and live for the future, and to be herself and not trying to be her. I'm not 100% sure why she's laughing after that, but I can still follow. But how that being herself --> promptly kissing someone and declares him to be her waifu, the person who just hours before she hates with all her might?

I mean, I'm not complaining, and out of all them she's the most likely to do something impulsive like that, it's just considering their history it'd make more sense for the others to do it first...well, at least the competition is heating up now, what's with Charlotte gender revealed as well.

Another complaint from me is that Houki went down WAY too easily. Yes, I know she's the least talented IS user out of the other three, especially Laura, and they need to focus on her more. But yeah...a few slashes here and there, but apart from that she's just fodder.

Oh, and while Houki did something useful this episode, and Laura scored major points, I'm still in Charlotte camp. Seriously, they're perfect together, both in battle and outside. The part where she's in bath and saying Ichika no Ecchi again doesn't hurt either. Speaking of which, her seiyuu Hanazawa Kana celebrates her birthday today, congrats and continue the good work (where is Kanon ?)

Last edited by Saturn Beaver; 2011-02-24 at 19:07.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:08   Link #52
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
(where is Kanon ?)
don't worry, he's on his way. (if i'm not wrong, it's night now in France)
Old 2011-02-24, 19:21   Link #53
John117xCortana

This episode was made of pure win ! Loved the Charlotte and Ichika in the bath. I wonder how she reacted when Laura kissed Ichika though...
Old 2011-02-24, 19:23   Link #54
Kunagisa

I thought the most interesting part was the blade materializing, which reminded me so much of Shaman King. I totally went OVERSOUL in my head.

A little more screen time for Houki's better than nothing I suppose. Gotta LOVE Charlotte destroying Laura for that couple of seconds though.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:24   Link #55
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Great episode of IS. xDD

The battle was great, Charlotte being all kick ass. Houki went down fast, she didn't even stand a chance. :I

Anyway, absolutely loved the Ichika x Charlotte bath scene, more points to France! O:< -waves flag- Only thing that makes me sad is that now Charlotte will have to move out of the room she shares with Ichika. If I were her, I'd keep my real gender a secret for a lil while longer...you know, to keep on scoring more point on Ichika. Because let's face it, being in the same room as the guy you like is a very nice advantage. xD And then when IŽd finally get the guy, ONLY THEN would I reveal my true gender. :P

Can't wait for next week.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:31   Link #56
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
don't worry, he's on his way. (if i'm not wrong, it's night now in France)
Yeah, I'm in Europe too, and it's 1 AM right now...I really should go to sleep. Guess I'll see him fanboying over Charlotte tomorrow . But seriously, even her IS ability is awesome, second only to Germany perhaps. I wonder how many wonderful pics we'll get of her for the the next beach episode?
Old 2011-02-24, 19:34   Link #57
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Spoiler:
People really need to stop commenting on that, it's been explained a lot. ED order had nothing to do with their points with Ichika, it's just the most recent addition that runs next to him.

I liked the ep, Laura was my favorite from reading spoilers before the show aired so I'm happy that I finally got to see her steal her kiss.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-02-24, 19:34   Link #58
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
This episode was made of pure win ! Loved the Charlotte and Ichika in the bath. I wonder how she reacted when Laura kissed Ichika though...
True. they didn't show her reaction...

anyway, I highly doubt it could compete with these =>
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-24, 19:36   Link #59
Kunagisa

Btw, if you guys weren't awared, the difference between a personal IS and a mass production one is HUGE (that's what she said). Houki was using a shitty IS, which didn't really allow her to be at max potential.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:41   Link #60
Kyouka
Is Here

Spoiler for :

def a keeper
Closed Thread