AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 04:39   Link #9261
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Not really, this is pre-kick-ass Simon.

The universe is somewhat dark, it is what happen is Tabane decide to use IS to rule over the world instead.

Edit:
Kamina is able to pilot IS through sheer Hot-blood and manliness!
Old 2011-11-24, 04:43   Link #9262
Eratas123

@ Treme - Of course he can pilot! If he couldn't do it then I would've called OOC.

Anyway, I already have a Spiderman 2099 and IS crossover that shows what'll happen if Tabane decides to rule the world with the IS. So we've got a mutant with spider powers and a power suit fighting against a bunny eared scientist. Rule of Crack to the max!
Old 2011-11-24, 04:47   Link #9263
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's not realism per se. Mostly my own selfish views on IS I already said it before but my writing Astra Exodus is almost like a fight against the fandom. You'll know why when you see the spoiler.

Spoiler for I'm an idiot...:
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 04:50   Link #9264
agetreme
Just another Idiot

The sad thing is that: It is based on Gurren Lagann story....

Tabane rule over the world because Houki died from war. Since the war is caused by men, they are being punished for it.

Guess what happen after they won?

A new war caused by men for power to rule.

which make Simon questioned about his action, before, it was peaceful, men are working against one enemy and how that the enemy is gone, they are trying to tear each other's throat out.

Edit:
No, you are still an idiot, Astra Exodus is not a fight against the fandom, you are going with the fandom

You know what is fight against fandom? A story from Female IS pilot point of view

Edit: yea, serious. Nobody made one yet.
Old 2011-11-24, 04:51   Link #9265
HasuMasu
*Artist

Scars huh?

"The fact that you're keeping a removable scar means there's some shame behind it you want to avenge..."
Old 2011-11-24, 04:57   Link #9266
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Um....most of us do the above already with the exception of 1 and 3. 1 shows up a bit in Irish's backstory but 3 never happens. The rest apply since I ask Zero multiple times on advice on how to humanize nearly every character in the story.

The IS is a sentient machine and I sure as hell don't treat it like a God. All the protags in Shadow comment on how idiotic it is to think you're above human standards if you have an IS.

Chifuyu and Tabane are humanized in Shadow and the girls get their own screentime. Houki even stops beating on Ichika as early as chapter 3. The fact that Tabane has someone she takes care of shows how empathic she can be.

The reverse engineered thing doesn't really work since technology advanced with the IS, not from it.

The matriarchal rule is impossible since politicians still hold the power. Maybe in the lower and middle class society, high class society hasn't changed that much.

Side characters are also given more roles since Maya is the one that helps Irish's character development while she's only an extra in the canon novels. Others also appear.

@ Treme - There was one, but she was a colossal sue who beat everyone blindfolded and acted like Dr. Phil's child so it's not very successful. Anyway, female pilots take POV at times in Shadow.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:00   Link #9267
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Like I say:

Female IS pilot as main character, end of story.

This is all you need to go against the fandom.

Trust me, it is not easy to write.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:03   Link #9268
Eratas123

@ Treme - Hard to do since the fandoms so volatile. If we put a rep candidate we'd get sue flamers while if we put an ordinary student people would comment that it's boring. Unpleaseable fandom at it's finest.

EDIT: Meister does one. Why don't you read it?
Old 2011-11-24, 05:09   Link #9269
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Society under matriarchal rule(jak is working on this one)
Dis-proven by Canon, though I was under this assumption when I started Sacred Twins.

Quote:
society with technology reverse engineered from IS(pretty much everyone is working on this too),
I guess its really depend on the interpretation of reverse engineering, you cant create matter out of nothing without IS core, but sure as hell you CAN imitate what produced by IS core, and the existence of Academy building (especially the arena) as well as I.S. grade handheld weapon proven it.

Quote:
a machine which becomes a relevant force that may distabilize IS rule(everyone hates that because no one can come close to IS and not die unless they are using IS themselves or ready to die for trying),
In canon something like that already exist; see above.

Quote:
humanizing Chifuyu and Tabane(apparently they have to be hardcore or they are ruined.)
I'm not sure about Tabane, but I make sure Chifuyu has clear weakness to flesh her out. See below.

Quote:
The girls are themselves.(They aren't a single yandere organism out to kill you if you don't like them. Each is unique with their own personality and lovable quirks. I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks this way.)
Me trying hard to do that and still doubt whether Ill be successful or not.

Quote:
IS is a machine, a sentient machine but still a machine.(In fandom it has become equivalent of god.)[/SPOILER]
If we talking about Power level, I was the one looking DOWN at I.S. Power Level in this forum, of course once again its the freedom of Fanfic author talking, the canon never made any real stat and were free to make it based on our opinion.

As for being hard to write Female I.S. Pilot...

Most of us are guys, Fridge Brilliance?
Old 2011-11-24, 05:09   Link #9270
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Let just say there is a good reason why I don't read his story.

It is like mixing crack with more crack until you get white powder blowing from nowhere and turn into monster eating smile monster eating you alive while smoking on crack made from iron brick sand combine with liquid nitrogen blasted with lime salt with a mixture of coco powder while smelling the world greatest cracker and eating a shoe all at the same time.

Edit: And IS-verse favor the female and guys in the canon story are technically spineless wimp.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:10   Link #9271
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Why I feel every day is passing, I want to visit this page, but when I visit this page, I feel sick ._.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:15   Link #9272
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@ agetreme: A story from a female's point of view would be interesting. Odd issue, I'm not a girl and have absolutely no capacity to imagine what being one would be like. They may not be too different from guys but there are certain things that make them... them. Even if I wanted to write a female protag, I really can't. I'm sure over half the fandom writes from a guy's POV because they're all guys. If you can write from a female's POV then that is impressive. I do admit I'm an idiot for thinking this way but I still do even after reading your comments.

@eratas: You may not but I think over half the fandom does. Why call anything that can even stand on ground with IS a sue and dislike it? It's smashing something they believe in, like a god.

If canon and irl are to be compared technologically, how is the IS possible? How is it that ISA has all those shiny holograms and every single desk is basically a starship crewman's desk? If you think about it the IS was produced almost a decade before canon. Unless canon is somewhere in 2050+ which has not been confirmed, ever, I will still believe technology was reverse engineered from IS.

Politicians still hold power, but it wasn't specified that they were all male. The IS was introduced fairly recently so women aren't out enslaving men yet, however they do get preferential treatment. It's not surprising if women probably have the larger share in businesses and political power(a little over 50%?). Some fics do show me that characters are humanized. However I see some of them being more... humbling than humanizing.

Side characters being given a role is something I agree with the fandom on. And I'm pretty sure I wrote nothing about it on why I wrote Astra Exodus.

EDIT: I know everyone is writing about some sort of machine that can rival the IS, problem is why isn't anyone else in canon interested? In fics, why does it feel like no one cares that "something" which has more or less set a trend in the world, is being challenged. If countries are arming up for a possible 467 machine meelee why restrict themselves to those 467 units only if they know something else can join in and come out alive?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:15   Link #9273
Eratas123

@ Zero - Not really. I'm writing Daydreams and it's nothing but gushy romance from the girls POV so I don't think writing a female POV is too hard. It's just the fact that it's different from what we're used to.

The IS are strong but they're not invincible. HOTM and Shadow show this.

Side note - Posted answer to your previous post in previous page.

@ Treme - He dialed DOWN the crack. Now it's more serious but still has it's comedic moments such as the dialogue.

@ demino_hellsin - You're not going against the fandom since most of the OC stories there are the same thing: Male piloting some kind of machine. I specifically tried to avoid this with Irish being a character who doesn't powerhouse his way through fights and doesn't pilot a single mech.

EDIT: The reason people dislike a machine that can rival the IS is because most of the have ass pull reasons for being able to. Tabane was described as a genius who made Einstein look dumb then suddenly her creation gets trumped by some random machine that appears out of nowhere? The fans have a hard time believing that.

Also, the fandom doesn't hate the IS being beaten. They just hate IS being beaten by some kind of deus ex machina machine and coming out on top for no reason at all. HOTM shows IS being taken out by human ingenuity and people don't call bull on it since it's actually possible.

Humbling the girls? So you want me to give them personalities and individual quirks without toning down the violence and Yandere streaks? Then what's the point of that since fans will still dislike them for being abusive harlots no matter how unique they get.

The leader of IS academy is male! If the bastion of female power is ruled by a male, that pretty much shows they still have the shots on a lot of things. Business makes sense though.

The only things shown to be sci fi tech is IS academy itself and thats justified. Look at the other places they visit in the stories: The malls the same, the resorts the same and even the gaming systems are the same. Only IS academy and some military bases have been shown with advanced tech.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:20   Link #9274
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I will read it later on.

The difficulty in writing normal Female IS pilot is the conflict, what conflict do she have?

There is nothing epic like going against a social order or fighting against terrorist but normal stuff: rivalry with other classmate, gossiping....etc. But you must still make it interesting.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:24   Link #9275
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ I think because Agetreme is leaning more on Relistic side with ULTRAREALISTIC character (and some Grimdark), meisters OC hasn't fulfilled that... far from it, Meister want the fic to be fun. All the shit and giggles of crack, all character being sue? No problem, because nobody is stealing spotlight, cause... well, they're all Mary Sue.

Meister did a reconstruction of old era stories, where prince charming and princess classic is very common -Modern readers call them Mary Sue and Marty Stu-, but he using sci-fi crack as setting instead of medieval Eroupe. Despite the crapsack world, the protagonist is ragtag bunch of idealistic people. BUT of course its all my opinion, and as Agetreme said, too much crack for me to handle.

And yeah, just read it, seems like I mistook SkullSuit abilities.

@ Demino
Yep, that's EXACTLY the problem IF we introduce something a machine that can rival an I.S.. Sacred Twins and To-Love-Ru Stratos will feature them later and the problem they make.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:27   Link #9276
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^ I think because Agetreme is leaning more on Relistic side with ULTRAREALISTIC character (and some Grimdark), meisters OC hasn't fulfilled that... far from it, Meister want the fic to be fun. All the shit and giggles of crack, all character being sue? No problem, because nobody is stealing spotlight, cause... well, they're all Mary Sue.

Meister did a reconstruction of old era stories, where prince charming and princess classic is very common -Modern readers call them Mary Sue and Marty Stu-, but he using sci-fi crack as setting instead of medieval Eroupe. Despite the crapsack world, the protagonist is ragtag bunch of idealistic people. BUT of course its all my opinion, and as Agetreme said, too much crack for me to handle.

And yeah, just read it, seems like I mistook SkullSuit abilities.
Red Rain is predominantly female, and the first arc with the male is just used to build the family relationship/bonding before they separate

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:27   Link #9277
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachiyo View Post
Why I feel every day is passing, I want to visit this page, but when I visit this page, I feel sick ._.
Getting closer to the singularity is no pleasant experience.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:29   Link #9278
Eratas123

@ Zero - Does the skull suit seem overpowered? I'll tone it down if it is.

Side note - I do a compromise: realistic characters in ridiculous situations. Just look at the SWC.

@ demino_hellsin - I made an edit to my previous post.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:29   Link #9279
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And here I am, planning to make the female OC from Athena Bouclier as the main character for the planned sequel...

Though I still have yet to lay out how things will unfold for her despite having a draft synopsis up.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:31   Link #9280
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Your's is 3rd person POV so it's easier.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest