AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-02-09, 18:20   Link #1
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Have you ever wished that you lived in an Anime?

This might be a stupid or childish question, but after watching this AMV( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Gvr5uvOBI ) I started thinking about something.

Have you guys ever felt so attached to an anime or liked it's universe so much that you almost wish that you could live in it? In a way... ?

I kinda have... While watching Naruto. Yeah I know it's really silly, but then again is it really that strange? Who don't want to be a ninja, and not having to worry about all the trivial stuff of our normal boring lives?

Anime in general is just so cool, and to me it leaves so much more to the imagination. I don't watch Lost, Prison Break, 24 or Heroes or some real television shows and think, "wow I wish I could live in that universe", but I kinda do that with some of the anime I like.

Am I a freak?
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 18:29   Link #2
Kokoro-no-Kaasu

Send a message via MSN to Kokoro-no-Kaasu Send a message via Yahoo to Kokoro-no-Kaasu
no no your not a freak. . . .

well. . . if your a freak im one too. ive always wanted to live in anime.

while watching gundam seed i felt like i was a part of it somehow and i wanted to live with them. To have the same enviorment you know?
Kokoro-no-Kaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 19:00   Link #3
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Well, then let's be freaks together my fellow friend.
Old 2007-02-09, 19:03   Link #4
wontaek

I would love to have a stable job in Neo-Venetia ( ARIA )
Old 2007-02-09, 19:10   Link #5
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, there are so many anime worlds I'd like to be that I'd waste precious time trying to catalog all of them. That includes pretty much every world from an anime (movie or series) that I liked. HOWEVER, I'd rather have some sort of power, or else some of those worlds might not be too viable It sucks to be in a world where the heroes have super powers or something and you are just an average joe
Old 2007-02-09, 19:28   Link #6
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
i would do anything to live in an anime ... being the guy in ichigo 100% :P

Just being able to do anything also the fantasy world of hunter x hunter where they use cards it

AND NO YOUR NOT A FREAK its just a feeling alot of people have ... I have the same problem also with world of warcraft
Kaasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 19:55   Link #7
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Thumbs up

DAMN!!I wast just about to make a thread exactly like this but entitled it "Have you ever wished you lived in the anime world and just escape reality?"...meh..Still think yours is better!

Anyway,no you're not a freak....I've been thinking about this also like after watching so many romance(eechi )/drama animes...I just wish i could live in the anime world and marry the girl i want to like if i got to stay in the Suzuka(manga) world, i would really like to date with Yui or Honoka and let us have a good time or i were to live in FMP's world, i would seriously go out and be nice to Chidori. or being that guy in the Ichigo 100% like what Kaasman said.Bottom line is, i only want to go in the anime world because of the girls(i.e boy meets a ton of hot girls in his dorm who likes him)....I'm sure you other boys had fantasies like these too am i right??

Anyways, yeah, reality can sometimes SUCK....i just wish that there was way that i could live in the anime world...*thinks of all the preety girls in anime*...*drools*
Old 2007-02-09, 20:17   Link #8
Kaasman

its easy in anime everything is possible and the perverted anime i watch I SURE HELL WOULD LOVE TO GO just like whitewater said you meet ton of girls
Old 2007-02-09, 20:50   Link #9
Kokoro-no-Kaasu

Send a message via MSN to Kokoro-no-Kaasu Send a message via Yahoo to Kokoro-no-Kaasu
XD we shall all be freaks but then. . . we arent freaks. . . theres too many of us O.o hmmm we shall be. . . uhm. . . *thinks of a name*
Kokoro-no-Kaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 21:16   Link #10
Kaasman

i suppose the name perverts will do the things that wont happen irl but we love to do when we dont have any consequences
Old 2007-02-09, 21:24   Link #11
-Breakthrough-

Sometimes, yeah, I do. Mainly in anime series like Magical Girl Nanoha. And of course The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Bleach are one of my prime choices.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 21:53   Link #12
jedinat

I knew a kid who could actually travel to the pokemon world. And you knew when he was there because you'd hear him saying things like "pika pika pikachuu!" softly to himself with his eyes glazed over.

Me personally, well, I'd like to be a lesbian in any all-girl high school anime.

*...feels uncomfortably for a moment that some things should be left undisclosed*

Last edited by jedinat; 2007-02-09 at 22:17. Reason: edit msg = hate
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 22:09   Link #13
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Well, two polarities so far:

1) As a Saiyajin Warrior in the Dragonball Z Universe... ah an eternity of glorious battle.

2) As a First Year in any Romantic High School Comedy.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 22:30   Link #14
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
I watch a multitude of anime that leaves me going "i wish i lived there..."

reality sucks
smeg4brainsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 22:31   Link #15
Kaasman

just to be basic reality is never as good as anime why else would people create anime its to make a story that isnt possible irl

i hope this suits your question
Old 2007-02-10, 07:02   Link #16
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaasman View Post
just to be basic reality is never as good as anime why else would people create anime its to make a story that isnt possible irl

i hope this suits your question
thats actually interesting.

I agree with the poster that said that it would not be cool to be an completely average joe in an MMO universe.

You know, in fairy tales where the story always ends with "and they lived happily ever after"? - I think thats the sort of feeling I get from watching anime.

Again... to me... if I could be an important character in an anime - perhaps someone who had struggled but would prevail and have fun.

When I sit and watch a show like Naruto I could perfectly wish that I was sitting there next to him, spending my life learning taijitsu and doing missions and eating ramen, and fighting bad guys.

Some animes have worlds I dont want to be. Berserk for example... I just want to get as far away from that hell hole as possible.

But its just not naruto... perhaps... Air... or cowboy bebop. just living in that town in Air, in that summer, or flying around in cowboy bebop.

Is it because that animes story are one sided? Again using naruto - we see him as a kid, who is tremendously strong, has tons of friends and gets admired, and has fought a long battle, and has his entire life ahead of him, full of fighting evil villans and achieving something and fighting for something that is much more worth it than living in RL.. Going to work, finding spouse, get kids, work until your so old that you get kicked out and retired, lie down and wait to die...

would that ever happen in naruto or any other sort of anime?

I dont know... even anime that I consider sad can sometimes have worlds that I wish I could live in. Worlds with different rules. Maybe its just because anime is represented from a one way street, or because you dont get all the details.
Old 2007-02-10, 07:11   Link #17
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Have you guys ever felt so attached to an anime or liked it's universe so much that you almost wish that you could live in it?
Of course, that's one of the reasons I watch anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Am I a freak?
Yes, along with everybody else in the world.
Old 2007-02-10, 07:16   Link #18
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaasman View Post
Are you sure? Really sure? That may be a valid statement for say.. 95-97% of anime, but I am in the opinion that if you had watched something among the lines of Honey & Clover or Bokura ga Ita, I think you could somehow have a different idea.

The strongness of those anime is how much you can actually relate to them, even in a comparison with real life.

And to answer to the thread question: my life is fine as it is, but if I had to choose, I'd like to plunge into Honey & Clover world, whereas kindness, politeness, love and caring, healthy atmosphere, and above all friendship beyond limits do reign supremely.

I can't honestly think at anything better than that, for my own needs.
Old 2007-02-10, 07:25   Link #19
MDale
Me

I'd love to live in an Anime world, same for alot of video game worlds and movie worlds. It always seems much simpler in those worlds, reality never seems like it'd be as enjoyable in comparison
MDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 08:19   Link #20
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post

Me personally, well, I'd like to be a lesbian in any all-girl high school anime.

*...feels uncomfortably for a moment that some things should be left undisclosed*
... Go on.

Anyway, I always daydreamed, but wished? I only did that once.

It was for the pokemans, and even then I wanted it to happen IRL.

There's nothing wrong about wishing about some extraordinary things to happen.
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote