AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-12-03, 15:42   Link #441
LostOnTheU-rturn
Pwning the Bijuu Killer

Can someone please tell me how the hell Shank, one of the strongest pirate in the world lost his arm to a puny shark? I have seen people kick the shit out of monster 100 bigger than that.
LostOnTheU-rturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 16:59   Link #442
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Er, first of all, it's ShankS, and it wasn't a SHARK that bit off his arm, it was a giant Sea King. They're dangerous and universally feared creatures.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 17:04   Link #443
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
Er, first of all, it's ShankS, and it wasn't a SHARK that bit off his arm, it was a giant Sea King. They're dangerous and universally feared creatures.
Yes, but afterwards he scared him away with a glance, wtf is up with that. I still stay Shank's could've owned the Crocodile, saved Luffy, and kept his arm.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 18:53   Link #444
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Yes, but afterwards he scared him away with a glance, wtf is up with that. I still stay Shank's could've owned the Crocodile, saved Luffy, and kept his arm.
I guess it was one of those moments when he thought that Luffy would sunk before he would one-hit-K.O. this sea king, and that's why he let it eat his arm :P
Old 2006-12-03, 23:03   Link #445
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, all we know is that when Whitebeard asked about his arm, he told him that he "bet it on a new era".
Old 2006-12-04, 07:19   Link #446
Climhazard
Funk Freed

And that the sea king was scared away by this 'spirit' that Shanks seems to have.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 17:06   Link #447
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
And that the sea king was scared away by this 'spirit' that Shanks seems to have.
y does no one else seem to have that strong of a spirt
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 16:10   Link #448
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
y does no one else seem to have that strong of a spirt
I have no idea, but im sure we'll find out eventually, it could be a devils fruit but i really don't think Shanks would ever eat one.
Old 2006-12-18, 22:17   Link #449
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

yeah he is to kool for that he is just a MANIMAL and idk if he could have gotten another one they are rareish
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:47   Link #450
ellifeedn
Thinker

"Manga Filler"

After reading the whole current story and hearing how Oda expanded the story greater than he planned, I wondered what was extra to the story. That's when I came up with the term "manga filler." It's when there are parts of the story that either were not part of the story originally or could be removed or shortened without changing the flow of the story too much. I don't know whether anyone else has thought of this before so don't blame me for copyright. Anyway, I believe that the following is what has/is the extra:

Alabasta arc
Skypiea arc
Davy Back Fight arc and
Water 7 arc

Tell me what you think. Also, I'd like to know if the term is one that I actually made up.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:33   Link #451
nitraw

Quote:
I have no idea, but im sure we'll find out eventually, it could be a devils fruit but i really don't think Shanks would ever eat one.
If it was a DF ability how could he have saved Luffy?
nitraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 18:43   Link #452
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Tell me what you think. Also, I'd like to know if the term is one that I actually made up.
I think you should have posted in this thread to start with (or at least you should have read the first post since it basically answers your question, if it was in fact a question to begin with)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 20:41   Link #453
Climhazard
Funk Freed

The first post hasnt been updated for a loooooooooong time, someone should do something about that really, it will be confusing for new people.
Old 2006-12-21, 05:51   Link #454
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
The first post hasnt been updated for a loooooooooong time, someone should do something about that really, it will be confusing for new people.
True. Feel free to post updated information here and I'll merge the posts together.
Old 2006-12-21, 14:09   Link #455
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
After reading the whole current story and hearing how Oda expanded the story greater than he planned, I wondered what was extra to the story. That's when I came up with the term "manga filler." It's when there are parts of the story that either were not part of the story originally or could be removed or shortened without changing the flow of the story too much. I don't know whether anyone else has thought of this before so don't blame me for copyright. Anyway, I believe that the following is what has/is the extra:

Alabasta arc
Skypiea arc
Davy Back Fight arc and
Water 7 arc

Well, I don't think anyone can really say unless they ask Oda...except I think we can all agree that Davy Back Fight is pretty close to "manga Filler", it seems to me that Arabasta, Skypiea, and Water 7 were definately part of Oda's plan, but he may have just stretched them out to bigger things they he may have intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
True. Feel free to post updated information here and I'll merge the posts together.
What kind of info needs to be updated? The anime is currently up to episode 290. 291-292 are going to be year end specials. (another Edo era one I think)

Hehe, in the "When to watch the movies" part there's a typo: "Karakuri Castle's Giant Mecha Spider". "it's solider, not spider.
Old 2006-12-21, 14:21   Link #456
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
What kind of info needs to be updated? The anime is currently up to episode 290. 291-292 are going to be year end specials. (another Edo era one I think)
Latest episodes, latest chapters, arc update, opening/ending themes update...
Quote:
Anyway, I believe that the following is what has/is the extra:
Alabasta arc, Skypiea arc, Davy Back Fight arc, and Water 7 arc.

Tell me what you think.
Water 7 looks highly compact, and considering the Enies Lobby part, it doesn't seem to have noticeable extensions. Arabasta arc might have some extensions, such as Luffy getting lost in the desert with Chopper and Zoro, the fake rebel army part, the desert pirates. Davy back fight might also be like that as mentioned above, unless that fight/pirate group becomes important later on. Skypie arc does also look compact, not many unnecessary adventures taking place within that part of the storyline (although you can remove the partying parts, or multiple failed attempts of Luffy against Enel).

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-12-21 at 14:31.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 03:25   Link #457
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Latest episodes, latest chapters, arc update, opening/ending themes update...
Latest chapter is 439, which ended the Enies Lobby arc. They're now heading for Fishman Island.
The latest anime opening is "Crazy Rainbow" by Tackey & Tsubasa and they've ceased ending themes at the moment.
And I already said 290 is the latest anime episode, and 291 will be a special.
Old 2006-12-23, 04:09   Link #458
starphonley

Send a message via MSN to starphonley
New to one piece... but in love!

Hey all,
Sorry i know you probably get these types of posts alot.. but im reasonably new to one piece. I fell in love with it when it was on a little cartoon show in australia (where i live) it was the 4kids dubbed version (which i now know is not the best). Since then i have come to america on holidays. I picked up the first four manga books. They are amazing and i love them! So i now have one piece figures and a box of the trading cards (i found a website which still sells them woo.) on order. So, now i am just wondering where i can get my hands on the subbed version of the show. as i would love to see 'the real one piece', so if anyone knows where i can grab it, espically in australia. that would be a great help... also same goes for figures and manga books too!

Thanks heaps,
look forward to talking with you all more!
matt.
starphonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 04:20   Link #459
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starphonley View Post
So, now i am just wondering where i can get my hands on the subbed version of the show. as i would love to see 'the real one piece', so if anyone knows where i can grab it, espically in australia.
If you mean an uncut subtitled version, then legal copies do not exist.

Currently the only subtitles version is the 4Kids release by Viz. Here's what's available at the moment from an DVDPacific (an on-line store). One Piece.

You should also have a read of the "4Kids to STOP dubbing One Piece" thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
Edit: So according to Wiki they turned the first 143 Japanese episodes into 104 dub episodes. So that's after beating Crocodile and the filler arc that's after it.
Old 2006-12-23, 04:35   Link #460
starphonley

Send a message via MSN to starphonley
Thank you, that should help alot!
Cant wait to get my hands on it!
starphonley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a