AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 10:48   Link #381
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Brigadoon: Marin & Melan
Rated by only 507 MAL members (as of this post), and only previously mentioned once in this thread, this is likely to be the most obscure 2+ cour action anime I've seen yet. And that is a tragedy, because this anime is an unsung masterpiece. It wasn't without its share of problems, but the touching story, lovable main character duo, breathtaking drama, and exciting direction made this anime a unique and unforgettable experience for me. Seriously, I urge the others here to watch Brigadoon, it needs more love.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:04   Link #382
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
mmmm

the best rare anime is:

Dirty Pair, i saw in the old and extinc Locomotion

Strike witches: I only saw two chapters I get bored and never understood whether it was an ecchi and lolicon or incomprehensible plot

Chu-bra

Last edited by Transitions; 2012-02-26 at 16:48.
Transitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 22:25   Link #383
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transitions View Post
Strike witches: I only saw two chapters I get bored and never understood whether it was an ecchi and lolicon or incomprehensible plot
Oh, trust me. Strike Witches has its fair share of infamy. Not to mention a highly dedicated fanbase that spawned partially thanks to said infamy.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 02:37   Link #384
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Petopeto San

It's one of my favourite series now.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 03:41   Link #385
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I love Cencoroll. One of the best action animes I've seen in my life and I need to recommend that for most people who haven't seen this superb anime. Too bad it has open-ended ending ...
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 07:07   Link #386
Eragon
Still Alive

Saiunkoku Monogatari - never seen anything quite like this.
Old 2012-02-26, 14:39   Link #387
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Zipang. It's a great anime that is actually serious (no schoolgirls or schoolboys at war) and it is nice. I am just at episode 9 at the moment,but I am loving it. It's great. It is about a modern JDF missile destroyer somehow ending up in 4th June 1942.

I haven't heard it being mentioned anywhere except an old thread on this forum asking for military anime suggestions. I looked the name up and found it to be intriguing,turns out I was right.
Old 2012-02-26, 16:51   Link #388
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Oh, trust me. Strike Witches has its fair share of infamy. Not to mention a highly dedicated fanbase that spawned partially thanks to said infamy.
xD, ok no problem, is an absolute infamy that anime.

at finally!, thanks mate forum.

Last edited by Transitions; 2012-02-26 at 21:36.
Transitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:17   Link #389
Autumn Demon
~

St. Luminous Mission High School with 1,032 members on myanimelist
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 01:05   Link #390
Zefris

Futakoi Alternative, one of my favourites. It doesn't settle with any particular genre, but touches upon a bit of other genres well.

Pale Cocoon, I remember there was some vibe I got from the atmosphere and tone of it all.
Zefris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:01   Link #391
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Sticking to the thread title... I think it was Hyper Speed GranDoll. It took me 10 years just to watch it again.. right after knowing the title.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 16:53   Link #392
Riskbreaker

Even though it has had an English dub release, i think Generator Gawl definitely counts as a rare one. It was a short 12 episode series, with a decent story and some really good actions scenes, which all amounted to a fun little anime which unfortunately didn't get the attention it deserved, in my opinion.
Riskbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 03:10   Link #393
EmperorBrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Brigadoon: Marin & Melan
Rated by only 507 MAL members (as of this post), and only previously mentioned once in this thread, this is likely to be the most obscure 2+ cour action anime I've seen yet. And that is a tragedy, because this anime is an unsung masterpiece. It wasn't without its share of problems, but the touching story, lovable main character duo, breathtaking drama, and exciting direction made this anime a unique and unforgettable experience for me. Seriously, I urge the others here to watch Brigadoon, it needs more love.
I just saw this series for the first time a few weeks ago and became rather obsessed about it. I've been so curious enough to search around anime-related forums, but there's little talk about it. I only tend to find a few posts, but almost always there are a few out of them really in love with the series. Got to tracking down Tokyopop's DVD release and buying it, and apparently even after all these years of being OOP, new copies can still be had for very cheap. Doesn't seem very many people bought that at all. I agree so much with you about it being an "unsung masterpiece". I suppose this is a hard anime to get people to try just on the surface. I'm not much of a fan of mecha-related stuff which kind of kept me away from trying it for a while. The quirky cutesy character designs probably turn away some of those mecha/action fans and others. Something I came across on Youtube featuring the series a month or so ago intrigued me so much that I just had to try it out finally, and I'm so glad I did.
EmperorBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:00   Link #394
xellos2099

My personal favorite gem

Shurato
Legend of Galactic Hero
Mr. Ajikko
Megaman exe
Tales of the abyss
Orange Road
Maison Ikkoko
Future Boy Conan
Yakitate Japan
Patlabor
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 19:00   Link #395
GreatTeacherKen

Gakuen Tokusou Hikaruon
Metal Armor Legaciam

Both are fan subbed, but are relatively obscure 80s OVAs. They are both one shots and are pretty good, but they seem more like the first episodes of what could have been or perhaps were supposed to be a longer series. I find it sad to see the potential wasted.

Refrain Blue- an okay 2000 visual novel adaptation.

The animation is rather low budget looking. Although I have not played the original visual novel, I assume quite a few of the other girls had their own paths since the OVA focuses on them for a bit and hints at their issues, but it doesn't develop them and I feel that they should have been cut out as they're irrelevant to the main story.

The main romance progresses a bit too quickly, but there are some touching moments towards the end of the OVA. The music (don't know if it's unique to the OVA or taken directly from the original visual novel) helps out immensely in that regard.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 19:51   Link #396
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yup, it is rare and not every anime fans know about it internationally speaking. The funny thing is, a certain local station in my country keeps airing it again and again and again till I'm sick of it .
I'd really love to switch places with you. lol. I don't mind if they keep airing it all over again... I've been looking for DVDs for Shin Hakkenden, and I can't find it anywhere. T^T
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 02:01   Link #397
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Violence Jack I've herd there are more brutal uncensored versions of this. No luck finding it.
Old 2012-04-21, 00:04   Link #398
Sagi

Captain Taylor, I used to watched it in the International Channel in the USA.
There's also 6 ovas and a Movie.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote