AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-13, 22:28   Link #21
Rin-Sama
Banned

ah hell they took the artical down!!!! (well it was a few days old so i guess they needed more room) I'll look in their arcives to see if i can find it again.

What i read said that the rumors about SHUFFLE! being licenced had been refudiated by all the dubbing companies in the US.
Old 2006-08-15, 01:20   Link #22
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
What i read said that the rumors about SHUFFLE! being licenced had been refudiated by all the dubbing companies in the US.
Well, the English licensors would certainly say "no comment" until an official announcement no matter what. They're not going to announce it until they're good and ready. But if Kadokawa Pictures says it's licensed (which they did during their panel at Otakon), they'd definitely know... but a license, and an official announcement of a license aren't the same thing.
Old 2006-08-15, 07:28   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So really, its one of this thinks when we know a series canbe released in the US, but it'll probably take a year or something to we see anything of it.
Old 2006-08-27, 00:28   Link #24
Lordi
Final Reality X

Send a message via MSN to Lordi
Bless the day when I get the english version of shuffle....z0mg!
Can't wait...O.o
Old 2006-08-28, 08:21   Link #25
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordi
Bless the day when I get the english version of shuffle....z0mg!
Can't wait...O.o
are you nuts or something? have you EVER known a dubbing company to do a good job on our favorite animes?
Old 2006-08-28, 09:29   Link #26
Lordi
Final Reality X

Dude! Since I don't know japanese I can't tell if a dub is good or bad....or can I? =)
Old 2006-08-28, 09:39   Link #27
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
are you nuts or something? have you EVER known a dubbing company to do a good job on our favorite animes?
Oh, there are tons! You just need an open mind, and start searching!
Old 2006-08-28, 10:26   Link #28
Lordi
Final Reality X

Any more new news about licencing? *impatient* ^^
Old 2006-08-28, 12:22   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Oh, there are tons! You just need an open mind, and start searching!
"tons"??? name one? The problem is not so much the quality of the translation -- but the quality of the voice acting: about 90% of the time they *sound* like someone who was pulled off the street and is reading the lines in a studio. Just C-list quality. It ends up sounding like a bad highschool production play.

There's a few voices I've come to recognize in english dubs that do the same bad job each and every time... I guess they're cheap.

Totoro as done by Disney is about the closest thing to okay I've found. Azumanga as done by ADV only makes me cringe occasionally. I want to throttle the voice actress for Aoi in AYA. Ichigo Mashimaru is tolerable outside of the tangled mess they made of Ana. English dubs can be done tolerably its just rather rare (unless you're watching something where all the dialog is shouting battle moves or boasting).

There are *really* good english VAs out there --- a lot of them: but the anime studios don't use them. They go back to the same pool for voices -- cheap and people buy the product anyway.

As long as they provide the JP track with subtitles, I'm happy. That way I can get the original production's intent and emoting by some of the best voice actors of Japan rather than the worst voice actors of America.
Old 2006-08-28, 14:39   Link #30
Simplex
And I'm feeling good

Actually, Cowboy Bebop's VA was pretty good.
Old 2006-08-28, 15:24   Link #31
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
"tons"??? name one? The problem is not so much the quality of the translation -- but the quality of the voice acting
The quality of the translation is present in some shows along with timing and font problems too. A good example of that would be GTO, a friend of mine bought the DVD release of it. The timing and quality of the sub was acceptable but in like the 4th and 5th CDs, the timing was so messed up that we had to watch it (regretfully) in english voice to fully understand it.
That's just a drop in an ocean of crappy licening
Old 2006-08-28, 15:41   Link #32
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Can this thread return back to the topic at hand. Please stop the dub discussion since it has nothing to really do with Shuffle being licensed or not.
Old 2006-08-28, 16:05   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Too easily derailed when there's basically no information to chew on. Sorry.

I still see absolutely no indication that Shuffle! will be licensed amongst the usual perps (Geneon, ADV, etc) but then I can think of a few other series that need some attention as well that apparently are lost in the fog (e.g. Mahoraba). Kind of interesting since the premise of Shuffle! is catchy (whatever one thinks of the outcome). I'm tempted to say its occasional R-15 scene has it stuck in limbo (not ecchi enough for one market but too ecchi for the other?) but again.. there's simply no data.
Old 2006-08-28, 16:28   Link #34
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Yes, that's about the situation really. It hasn't been licensed and at this point in time there are no real hints that anyone has picked it up. So I'll ask that people only post if they have something concrete to add concerning a likely licensed
Old 2006-08-28, 16:38   Link #35
Bloodseeker

I like Shuffle, but I don't think that its a show that I can watch five times over again, so (assuming that the rumor is true) I'll probably just stick to renting the DVDs so that I can see the dub. I hope that either ADV or Funimation get it... (though this seems more like a Geneon show)
Old 2006-08-29, 16:34   Link #36
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

I can't stand dubs whatsoever, so on that topic, I don't care. Back to the actual topic, I really really? really! (pun intended) want it to be licenced. I just hope it'll be brought over to the UK (where I am). If not, I'll have to get my region free dvd player working on my computer again. What will also be interesting will be what special features (if any) will be included. They have to make a good reason to actually buy it.

EDIT: Bloodseeker, I agree that it seems like a Geneon show. Although, you make it sound like a bad thing. Nearly all the anime I like is licenced by Geneon and I haven't found many by ADV I like (except the obvious ones: Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga).
Old 2006-08-29, 18:22   Link #37
Lordi
Final Reality X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarleypeople
I can't stand dubs whatsoever, so on that topic, I don't care. Back to the actual topic, I really really? really! (pun intended) want it to be licenced. I just hope it'll be brought over to the UK (where I am). If not, I'll have to get my region free dvd player working on my computer again. What will also be interesting will be what special features (if any) will be included. They have to make a good reason to actually buy it.

EDIT: Bloodseeker, I agree that it seems like a Geneon show. Although, you make it sound like a bad thing. Nearly all the anime I like is licenced by Geneon and I haven't found many by ADV I like (except the obvious ones: Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga).
I want it to be licenced as well! Can't wait! (Guess I have to *sob*)
Old 2006-12-22, 23:55   Link #38
Asa-Dee-Dutchess

Send a message via MSN to Asa-Dee-Dutchess
Any Chance that will come with English Shuffle! Games too?
Old 2006-12-23, 04:30   Link #39
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa-Dee-Dutchess View Post
Really? Really! unlikely. I have yet to find an english h-game whatsoever.
Old 2006-12-23, 07:16   Link #40
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa-Dee-Dutchess View Post
Nope. You'll have to download a patch that translates the game for you.

Please type in black or at least a colour that's easily readable.
Closed Thread