AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-05, 02:19   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 691 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler time! Credit goes to Aohige for the translation:

-Chapter title is "King of the Land of Death. No ministory this week, but we get a Film Z-related color page instead!

-Due to Law's attack from last chapter, Shinokuni ends up seeping further into the lab. After some more brief scenes of various Straw-Hats escaping the gas, we see that Law has chopped Vergo apart. Despite his predicament, the VA warns the supernova that he knows nothing of Joker's (aka Doflamingo's) past, and that will be his downfall. He also tells him that he shouldn't take the New World lightly, but Law slices his face apart, and he and Smoker leave him to get blown up along with the SAD room....

-Meanwhile, CC is shocked by the missing roof, but he orders his men to open the vents anyway to fully let the gas in. He himself won't be affected by it, but when his servants protest, he angrily tells them that they're nothing but trash and doesn't care how many of them die. After the vents are opened, CAESAR FUSES WITH SHINOKUNI. Apparently, some countries are already interested in buying his weapon, and he decides to prove its power by killing everyone on the island with his poisonous body.....

-Seeing Caesar betray more of his men only further angers Luffy. He tells Momo to watch over Brownbeard while he runs off somewhere. Meanwhile, the servants in the monitor room are all depressed by CC's betrayal, and tell Usopp that Luffy's no different from the scientist for running away. However, the sniper angrily tells them that Luffy is not the type of person to betray his own comrades, and trusts in him no matter how much he wants to run away. In fact, people like Caesar are the kind of people that he hates the most.

-Luffy encounters Caesar, and activates a haki-powered Gear 3. He then prepares to blast the scientist with a Bazooka, which only makes CC cries as he knows the inevitable outcome....!!!

Sounds like an awesome chapter, all right! Looks like CC pulled a Moria (which looks like it'll be just as effective as the former warlord's stunt as well, heh), Usopp gave another awesome speech defending Luffy, and the captain in question is about to unleash his full wrath on that vile scumbag in question! Some sweet stuff indeed! Though I do find Vergo's warning to Law pretty interesting..... just what kind of past did Dofla have that made him such a dangerous entity....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-05 at 11:29.
Old 2012-12-05, 03:13   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

He looks like Moria too, bloated and creepy.

Usopp telling CC's men to watch as Luffy curvestomps Caesar was awesome.
Luffy tellin Caesar he's sick of seeing his face was awsome.
And CC's "oh, I am SO SCREWED" face at the end as tears flow down his cheeks was priceless.
Old 2012-12-05, 03:40   Link #3
kiki san

chapter name: The King of The Land of Death
Old 2012-12-05, 04:21   Link #4
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Caesar, The King of the Land of Death WANNA-BE...

it's funny to see Vergo become like that and they just leave him behind...
He'll surely come back and take revenge

I think Caesar will be finished in next chapter...
it's time to move on to next trouble..
Old 2012-12-05, 04:29   Link #5
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

my money on Gigant Bazooka with COA haki

= = edit = =

reread the chapter

yes, that's definitely Gigant Bazooka with COA haki
Old 2012-12-05, 05:00   Link #6
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Hehehe, someone's gonna be sore tomorrow morning..hehe~
Old 2012-12-05, 05:40   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just hope that Elephant Bazooka doesn't launch CC TOO far, so we don't end up with "WHERE THE HELL did you launch that bastard off to, Straw Hat? I needed him for my plans!" arc.
Old 2012-12-05, 07:42   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree with Luffy. I'm sick of Caesar's face, so I hope he will be taken down for good this time.

I don't get why Law kept Vergo alive. It would have been better to kill him. He might come back and become a threat in the future.
Old 2012-12-05, 08:39   Link #9
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't get why Law kept Vergo alive. It would have been better to kill him. He might come back and become a threat in the future.
I can think of two reasons: 1) Law will let the gas kill Vergo and 2) maybe a weakness of Law's power is that he can't kill people (a power that broken needs to be balanced even a little).
Old 2012-12-05, 09:49   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Color page of the year, all years.

Young Garp looks awesome, as do pretty much every character in there, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I can think of two reasons: 1) Law will let the gas kill Vergo and 2) maybe a weakness of Law's power is that he can't kill people (a power that broken needs to be balanced even a little).
I like this idea. Law's power is way too broken, this would be a decent drawback.
Old 2012-12-05, 09:56   Link #11
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Considering doctors and healthcare practitioners are under the hippocratic oath, maybe Oda is playing on that being a limitation of Law's fruit.
Old 2012-12-05, 10:10   Link #12
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Aw, to end the chapter right before Luffy lays the finishing blow. Now we gotta wait a whole week to see Caesar's face caved in by an Elephant Bazooka.

I wonder if this arc will wrap up before the end of the year? Probably not though.
Old 2012-12-05, 10:31   Link #13
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Considering doctors and healthcare practitioners are under the hippocratic oath, maybe Oda is playing on that being a limitation of Law's fruit.
That would be a good way to limit Law's fruit. Still I don't think we have ever sen Law kill anyone? All he so far done is pretty much move body parts around and switch people personalty. So to have that as his weakness would be good. Still I wonder if his friends can kill the people that Law has chop up with his ability?

Quote:
I agree with Luffy. I'm sick of Caesar's face, so I hope he will be taken down for good this time.

Well he is unable to move at this moment. So really he is either going to be able to live using Haki when Shinokun covers him or he may end up covered in Sad liquid.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:08   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I can't stop laughing at CC's face at the end, with tears and knowing full well that he is screwed.

It's actually interesting if you think about it, ShinoKuni comes from a devil fruit user and it merged with another...Luffy should be pretty much immune to it by using Haki in his attack so really all CC did was make himself a larger target.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:19   Link #15
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

aaaaahhhh cliff hanger ending to that chapter, although we can easily predict the out come of that situation.

Bye bye caesar.

Never realised Law cut the island in two, now thats power.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:28   Link #16
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Poor Ceasar, he already knows what's coming

Also, I've got a feeling we haven't seen the last of Vergo - maybe the SAD will do something to him (transform into a weird Zoan monster or something) and he'll be back for revenge?
Old 2012-12-05, 11:28   Link #17
marvelB

Hmm, for some reason it seems the Film Z color spread hasn't appeared yet.... oh well.

Anyways, I do find it amusing that CC made the exact same mistake that Smoker did last chapter, though in this case it wasn't intentional. Anyways, looks like this may be the end for our gassy friend.....

Also, calling it now: Next chapter's cliffhanger be Dofla's reinforcements arriving..... just when the Christmas breaks are about to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just hope that Elephant Bazooka doesn't launch CC TOO far, so we don't end up with "WHERE THE HELL did you launch that bastard off to, Straw Hat? I needed him for my plans!" arc.

Actually, I'm kind of hoping that it would lead to a ministory similar to Wapol's where CC has a bunch of wacky misadventures and semi-reforms himself around the end, only to be granted a NEW island by the world nobles for him to toy around in.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:58   Link #18
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Color page of the year, all years.

[IMG]http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/22420/b799cc224199030.jpg[IMG]

Young Garp looks awesome, as do pretty much every character in there, really.
even bellmerre is there

damn I wish I can name every single character there

= edit =

lol not to forget Pandaman is there as well

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2012-12-05 at 12:09.
Old 2012-12-05, 12:04   Link #19
ninetail1989
Dreamer

....sad...i wanted Vergo to make a come back....i wan to see his Six packs....
Law fruit seems to be OP.....come on.....he can slice the entire mountain into half?....what now?..he is on par with Mihawk slash?..so now he can just cut appart any Ship miles away?....seems even more gay than the WB Gura Gura fruit....Law can now just slice an entire island into half???....who needs earthquake anymore....though seems like people cant die from those Slashes....stilll....he can just go around every island cutting it down and Warp in and out?...even the Warp ability seems way too gay...
Old 2012-12-05, 12:10   Link #20
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^He didn't cut the island in half, nor does it say he did.

Usual mangapanda translation.