AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-14, 13:58   Link #361
Midonin
Last Engage

The Secret of Haruka Kotoura 06 - Harukaland Tomorrowland

Except for one flashback/dream, this episode continues the trend of being much more lighthearted, more comedy-oriented and more focused on the club's friendship. I really hope it can keep this up for a few weeks more. The ending doesn't make that out to be the case, but the preview shows that it may be so. The point is, I'm not watching this for the drama, though I appreciate what it does. But this episode had some great moments. Harukaland (and Haruka's grandfather's extravagance in general) made for an entertaining episode, and the second special ending was cute. A bit Mitsudomoe-ish too (I know, same director.)

The way Hiyori is being treated is reminding me of Naoe in Hyakkaryouran, but with more sympathy. Haruka's method of turning the other cheek and repaying her with respect is really admirable, and that she's getting picked on only makes me feel more sympathetic for her. Like Haruka, what she needed was friendship, and she's getting that in spades.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 14:46   Link #362
ookamigirl

Summer vacation.
It's really nice watching this kind of episode in the middle of winter.
Moritani is a weird one. Keeps balancing between good and bad.
Watching them explore that abandoned hospital was fun.
Haruka's grandpa is a serious freak.
Beach fun part was pretty LOL

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 15:31   Link #363
HandofFate

Episode 6 was more happy-go-lucky slice of life.

Mom makes her re-appearance at the end. Hope some drama finds its way back in.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:57   Link #364
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

In my opinion her mom will trying to distrub Kotoura's current happy life. The reason is that because of Kotoura she suffered so much and her daughter is also not deserve to have merry life while she is the one who is suffering. Anyways as long as Manabe is here and if they don't do things behind Manabe's behind then I am sure Kotoura will be fine.

Lastly this new ending song is the best ending of the season. It's so funny and kinda reminded me Suika's Tsurupettan - Flat Chested Song. I really love this show and is my favorite show in this season. Hope it ends with the way it started, with the blast of drama at the beggining but suddenly so happy twist. That's all I am looking forward to now.
Old 2013-02-14, 17:03   Link #365
Solafighter
Hige

Great episode. I really like, how they keep teasing Monitari.

Katsuragi and Manabe hilarious as always. I'm actually surprised, that Manabe managed to get a red head, when Kotoura hugged him on the boat.

Favourite scene: Manabe and Katsuragi are able to read Kotoura's mind.

Her mother looks like she's about to murder someone. The next episode looks all "happy and fluffy" but my speculation is, that the preview was for the first half of the upcoming episode.
(Katsuragi = Muroto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
In my opinion her mom will trying to distrub Kotoura's current happy life. The reason is that because of Kotoura she suffered so much and her daughter is also not deserve to have merry life while she is the one who is suffering. Anyways as long as Manabe is here and if they don't do things behind Manabe's behind then I am sure Kotoura will be fine.
That is, what I also have in mind.
Old 2013-02-14, 17:09   Link #366
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Katsuragi and Manabe hilarious as always. I'm actually surprised, that Manabe managed to get a red head, when Kotoura hugged him on the boat.
I am more surprised he didn't attempt to grab as much of Kotoura as posible (think an octopus on overdrive).

Quote:
Her mother looks like she's about to murder someone.
Maybe she did kill Koutora's father for two-timing her ... she wouldn't, would she? *gramps return with a shovel and graveyard dirt on his shoes*
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 18:37   Link #367
HandofFate

Noticed Kotoura wearing a cross necklace this episode.
I know that even though there might be a christian presence, there are a good number of anime characters that just wear it because they like the design.

Just something I thought looked neat, since I rarely notice any accessories on her.
Old 2013-02-14, 18:57   Link #368
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Favorite part of the episode was the hissing from Kotoura . Especially since she would use it, swim a little further, and then using it again .

Oh man that ED was great .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I am more surprised he didn't attempt to grab as much of Kotoura as posible (think an octopus on overdrive).

Maybe she did kill Koutora's father for two-timing her ... she wouldn't, would she? *gramps return with a shovel and graveyard dirt on his shoes*
Weren't both parents two-timing? Frankly I think they had more issues going on here than a psychic daughter . It's impressive they thought they could get away with it when they already knew their daughter was reading their minds.

No doubt it's about time for the mother to show up and bring more negativity to the series. Last two episodes have been far too upbeat to last . Can certainly expect the mother to show up to crush Kotoura's happiness. Of course this time does actually have people around to step up for her if she tries throwing another line about regretting giving birth to Kotoura. Could lead to another badass Manabe moment .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2013-02-14 at 22:57.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 19:12   Link #369
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Weren't both parents two-timing? Frankly I think they had more issues going on here than a psychic daughter . It's impressive they thought they could get away with it when they already knew their daughter was reading their minds.
Sadly it is a too common human "feature" to disconnect their brains when logic obstructs their goals, i.e. I have an uncle that has several health problems and should mind his eating habits, a couple of months ago he told my mom he was going to start "after the holidays" so he could pig out WTF! You are ill now, it is like waiting a month to repair your car and still use it everyday just because you have to pay for entertainment O_o So yeah, I can perfectly picture Koutora's parents in real life.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 19:51   Link #370
Marina2

*Read this page*

Do you guys really want to see the drama that much????????
Old 2013-02-14, 20:17   Link #371
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
*Read this page*

This series is all about the drama though. It just doesn't feel right when things are going perfectly. The first 5 minutes of the series was depressing enough to set the mood going forward.
Old 2013-02-14, 20:59   Link #372
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

The joy that LITERALLY shatters the darkness at the 10 minute 20 second mark of Episode One defines what this series is about:

It's not about the laughter itself, but about how the laughter can put a broken human being back together again.
Old 2013-02-14, 21:30   Link #373
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.6

summer time so esp club going kotoura's grandpa place for summer fun but first enter a spooky hospital cue chase & ta-da welcome to haruka-land with a float even got moritani in a cage?!

well after fun park time for beach give kotoura feel why due to "flat" going hiss away from manabe til almost got water away cue manabe fast boat to get kotoura.

all good have feast & fireworks all good in haruka's life for now cause uh-oh the "mom" is watching still bitter on it.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:21   Link #374
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Favorite part of hte episode was the hissing from Kotoura . Especially since she would use it, swim a little further, and then using it again .
any gif makers want to make a retreating Kotoura hissing gif? ^_^
Old 2013-02-14, 22:50   Link #375
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
*Read this page*

No drama, no fun.

Without it, this series' merely average (plus MANabe doesn't get chances to show off his MANliness).

And seeing how that's how I feel, it's no wonder that this week's episode bored me to death.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 00:11   Link #376
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
any gif makers want to make a retreating Kotoura hissing gif? ^_^

The hissing retreat doesn't really work too well without the sound,
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 00:22   Link #377
Dark Wing

Holy Craps! How much money dose Kotoura's family have? I mean it's one thing to buy your granddaughter a car or something but whole amusement park. Makes me seriously wonder what they do for a living.

I loved the beach part especially when Mifune was trying to get a reaction out of Muroto and let us not forget MANabe to the rescue even if he had ulterior motives...Also did anyone else saw what was written on Kotoura's shirt?

Well I called it Mom is back in town and all this happy club activates had been used to let our guard down...the suffering is coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
The joy that LITERALLY shatters the darkness at the 10 minute 20 second mark of Episode One defines what this series is about:

It's not about the laughter itself, but about how the laughter can put a broken human being back together again.
I'm going to side with you on this. While the suffering is cool to watch it's only half the story the other half is seeing the recovering after the suffering.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2013-02-15 at 10:01.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 05:13   Link #378
Candyshark

Great series. I don't like saying that word but Kotoura is what I would call moe without hesitation. Yuriko and Daichi dynamic is a lot to my liking. Hopefully it will get rewarded and gets some decent attention.

Watched nico promotion with Hisako and Fukushima Jun; was pretty entertaining.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 05:40   Link #379
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

This. Very much so.

While the suffering aspect is possibly the only thing that sets this show aside from all the other shows of this ilk, it's not the be all and end all of the show.
It's also about redemption, in a way.

Kotoura finds redemption in her new friends.
Moritani finds redemption when Kotoura forgives her for her transgressions. They're not forgotten, but forgiven.

Maybe even Kotoura's mother can find redemption?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 05:44   Link #380
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Maybe even Kotoura's mother can find redemption?
I am hoping for this also:

It is an unspoken rule in popular anime that unless a character has endearing or redeemingly human traits, he or she does not get to appear in an adorably, cuddly Super-Deformed/Chibi form; and the Mother does get to do so.

Unfortunaely, parental reconciliation is not a hard-and-fast rule either.
Spoiler for Comparison to Kodomo no Omocha:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-16 at 11:38.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy