AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-27, 06:59   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Black Star & Tsubaki

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Black Star & Tsubaki related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Soul Eater fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Black Star . Tsubaki

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animesuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-04-27, 09:08   Link #2
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Black Star was my favorite Soul Eater character (until I've read Kid's intro xD)

He's a parody of an annoying and typical shounen character. I like it that he has exagerrated those negative traits, because instead of annoying, it turned out to be so damn funny xD Man, I love crack xD

But if Black Star's serious, he could actually be so awesome Yay for Black Star!

As for Tsubaki, she's a lovely girl Lucky for Black Star to have someone as nice and sweet as her for a partner I admire her for being so selfless! Oh she's terrific
Old 2008-04-30, 02:31   Link #3
Kobukson

Everyone is thinking it: Black Star IS Naruto
Old 2008-04-30, 03:47   Link #4
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Black Star pwns that dattebayo guy in all aspects. He's BIGGER, is the STAR, commands the STAGE, and has blue hair. And he's got much better weapon proficiency than anyone in that series.

If anything, Maka is more related to the orange ninja by way of the Drama CD.

Old 2008-04-30, 07:04   Link #5
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I don't get it ^^;
Old 2008-04-30, 07:08   Link #6
Zoe

Takeuchi Junko voiced Maka in the drama CD.
Old 2008-05-02, 15:43   Link #7
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Black Star pwns that dattebayo guy in all aspects. He's BIGGER, is the STAR, commands the STAGE, and has blue hair. And he's got much better weapon proficiency than anyone in that series.

oh please. Naruto Star is a total clone with blue hair instead of orange. He is about every bit is anoying. I say get rid of him, and let Maka have Tsubaki and Soul as weapons
Old 2008-05-02, 16:38   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The thing that makes Blackstar salvageable and interesting/tolerable as a character is the "Wiley Coyote" effect. His ego slams him to the pavement every time. He suffers consequences for being an asshat. It makes him far more tolerable than the sorts of characters he represents - it actually makes him funny.

It does make you wonder about Tsubaki's "stand by her man" determination

Everyone in this series is a little bit dysfunctional - it lifts them out of stereotype cardboard just enough that even if you don't like the archetype, *these* characters are bit easier to swallow.
Old 2008-05-03, 03:52   Link #9
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I love it when Star starts screaming everytime he peaks at Tsubake in the baths, I couldn't stop laughing, like what kinda idiot just stands there with his eyes bugged out screaming like a madman, lol
Old 2008-05-03, 04:48   Link #10
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I love it when Star starts screaming everytime he peaks at Tsubake in the baths, I couldn't stop laughing, like what kinda idiot just stands there with his eyes bugged out screaming like a madman, lol
That was pretty funny, especially when he got a ninja star to the forehead. Like Vexx mentioned, when he does things like that it comes back to bite him in the end. Or during the fight against Mifune he was nearly killed because of his antics. So it's not like he acts like that without consequence. When it comes down to it he can get serious and be one of the most dangerous guys out there.

Full props to Tsubaki though for sticking by him. She can see the good qualities and does all she can to support Black Star. Of course someone like her could get someone else. The variety of weapons and her personality would be easy to work with. But she sticks with Black Star so you know the guy is worthwhile.
Old 2008-05-03, 05:24   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Star will probably ending up looking like a bad ass when he gets older, and Tsubaki probably knows this, so she's um.... waiting... lol XD
Old 2008-05-03, 12:22   Link #12
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Star will probably ending up looking like a bad ass when he gets older, and Tsubaki probably knows this, so she's um.... waiting... lol XD
He is the buffest one out of the three guys in the show.
Old 2008-05-03, 12:49   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Get em' while their young... lol XD

If they do more of Black Star screaming like a retard while peaking on Tsubaki, I'll be a happy camper, lol
Old 2008-05-04, 08:10   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ah, so she's going for the long term investment then . Well Tsubaki has the patience to make it so should be alright.
Quote:
Get em' while their young... lol XD

If they do more of Black Star screaming like a retard while peaking on Tsubaki, I'll be a happy camper, lol
With a few more ninja stars in his forehead I'm sure .
Old 2008-05-08, 19:42   Link #15
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Thats an interesting thought. I don't really know how Tsubaki stands him, I find him annoying, but at other times I kind of like him. He is definetily more bearable than Naruto.
Old 2008-05-10, 19:04   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well interesting stuff from episode 5. Seems like with his soul type would be hard to find a partner for Black Star. While Tsubaki is the type that could work well with most. Have to say the images for their souls was pretty entertaining. Though that episode had to be rough on Tsubaki overall. Did seem for a bit there that Black Star got taken out for good this time. Luckily it all turned out alright.

Was a surprise to hear Black Star called a genius....well at least in how he can use wave lengths to attack opponents.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-05-10 at 20:58.
Old 2008-05-12, 09:08   Link #17
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Since he is a stereotype for shonen leads, it wouldn't be unusual for him to be some sort of battle genius, revealing hidden potentials and breaking limits when he gets serious.

Being a genius at using his soul wavelengths is similar to having kyubi, bankai, going to a higher gear or even 'spin on'.

He's quite a cool character to me, but I wouldn't like him as much if there wasn't Tsubaki, they are a great team to watch.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-05-12, 16:48   Link #18
Kizetsu

Send a message via AIM to Kizetsu
I don't think it's genious.

It's prodigy. Makes a lot more sense.

He's not really a stereotype though. I don't ever remember anyone being as over the top egotistical as he is.
Old 2008-05-12, 18:10   Link #19
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizetsu View Post
I don't think it's genious.

It's prodigy. Makes a lot more sense.

He's not really a stereotype though. I don't ever remember anyone being as over the top egotistical as he is.
And screaming like a retard when looking at nakey chicks XD

The typical reaction would be nosebleed and/or passing out.
Old 2008-05-12, 20:34   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
And screaming like a retard when looking at nakey chicks XD

The typical reaction would be nosebleed and/or passing out.
well he does bleed out...sort of:P