AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-29, 21:23   Link #41
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Tsukishima is still a mysterious character; the only things we know for sure about him is that he's targeting Ichigo and his friends
Being Ishida the only one who was injured until this point...
Old 2011-06-29, 21:35   Link #42
GreatTeacherKen

It's strange how Ishida didn't suffer the memory problems that almost everyone else who encountered Tsukushima has. Orihime and Chad were stabbed and briefly thought of Tsukushima as a 'friend' but they snapped out of it quickly. Yet the Fullbringers sans Ginjo apparently fell to the brainwashing.

I think there's a lot we don't know about how Tsukushima's power works.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:46   Link #43
Fran~
floating away...

We don't know if they were or not stabbed, they didn't feel any pain, there was no blood, just the feeling that were friends with Tsukishima. But Ishida was slashed and injured.

What bother me is the reason why Tsukishima attacked Ishida, i don't know if he wanted to kill him (i don't think so) or if he just wanted to mindf*ck Ichigo. To me, Tsukishima didn't want to kill Ishida, I believe that Tsukishima wants that Ichigo recover his powers, i don't know why, so he attacked Ishida to push Ichigo to find Ginjo and the way to recover his powers.

Knowing Kubo, perhaps Tsukishima was lonely and wanted to play in equal terms with someone strong enough
Old 2011-06-29, 22:51   Link #44
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
going to find out that Ginjou is just a memory implanted into him and Tsukishima is actually trying to save him.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:23   Link #45
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Felt like the whole chapter spent time on dialogue that could have been done in one or two pages.
Still reading the chapter, but I would just die if I didn't say

If the dialogue could have been done, on two pages, then it would be ...I dunno like a novel? Or it would be just a page with speech bubbles and no characters. There is no way he can possibly make all those words fit on two pages and add pictures too...

..it's nothing personal--but people kill me with that...sorry, I am not snapping at you or nothing...but damn! why do people say that? It's a manga--it's not a book. Sorry it's just exasperating

Just when I thought we moved pass this...forget I said anything

*goes back to reading the chapter*...
Old 2011-06-29, 23:30   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
If the dialogue could have been done, on two pages, then it would be ...I dunno like a novel? Or it would be just a page with speech bubbles and no characters. There is no way he can possibly make all those words fit on two pages and add pictures too...
The point myself, and other members were making is that a lot of the dialogue in this weeks chapter was pointless. All it did was go over the same point over and over again. Shorten it all, and the conversation could have been done in two/three pages.

You didn't honestly think we wanted all of this chapters dialogue on a few pages, right?
Old 2011-06-29, 23:54   Link #47
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Ah hell, since I am on roll...might as well say this
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
True. That's one of the advantages we (as the readers) get from seeing things from Ichigo's perspective. It's clear he's up to no good (at least for now). But it's funny to imagine how Ichigo's defense would stand up in central46's courtroom.

"Well...uhh...you see...uhh...well...there's this guy, right? He...uhh...well...he was using this ability to...uhh...make all MY friends also HIS friends...and so...uhh...well...I HAD TO KILL HIM!!! I MEAN WHAT ELSE WOULD U HAVE ME DO!?!?!?!?!?!?! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!"
but he did attack Ishida...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

PS: I forgot what Fullbring was called for about two minutes while typing this. That's how slow this arc has gone.
It's only been about 39 chapters. It took him 50 chapters, or more to start the SS arc that everyone loves...It's only slow because we read one chapter a week and there hasn't been any fighting yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid back Captain View Post
I kind of like the change of pace. In FKT it was just battle after battle. (not that I don'tlike that but it felt like time to go back to story telling)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinuSeveN View Post
If the next chapter is full of talk and no fighting, I'm gonna... I'm gonna ... do something awful! I'll rip a plushie to threads, I swear it!

What are they up to anyway?
"......... ........ ....."

If there are battles, people complain about battles and wish they would go back to just talking

If there is no battles they complain there is too much talking

Quote:
The point myself, and other members were making is that a lot of the dialogue in this weeks chapter was pointless. All it did was go over the same point over and over again. Shorten it all, and the conversation could have been done in two/three pages.
It's called an "explanation" a detailed one. (no sarcasm intended)... If he shortened it, then some people wouldn't fully understand it. Because you know what, there are lot of idiots in the world today...that need a full explanation. Hell there are lot of smart people in the world that need a full explanation --he's fully explaining his powers, and how it relates to the bookmark motif. Something I think is necessary because a lot of people were wondering, why he had a sword and why it came from bookmark and how come his ability seemingly had nothing to do with a book mark --

Besides if he didn't explain it, people would just be complaining about how he brought up Tsukishima's powers and didn't fully explain it.
Quote:
You didn't honestly think we wanted all of this chapters dialogue on a few pages, right?
You didn't? It doesn't seem like it...again no sarcasm is intended. I really don't understand the complaint. Did you want them to talk a little bit, you know like two or three words and then just randomly start fighting? I don't understand it what exactly did you want to see? Please don't say the plot moving because it's moving. He has to set everything up, we didn't know what danger, to the others, that Tsukishima possessed--now we are starting to see it and it was more than just dialogue --not only can you see Ichigo's desperation, you got a demonstration of Tsukishima's TRUE ability. Kubo uses imagery and not just text to tell his story...I got a sense of what Ichigo and Ginjou are feeling..for me it was intense...I don't really know what you wanted to see, but I don't see anything to complain about

Besides, if there were hardly any dialogue, people would still complain. No matter what Kubo does-- even if he does the very thing they wanted him to--the fans are never satisfied.

How come we can't just discuss the chapters without insulting Kubo?
For someone that loves Bleach as much as I do, it's kind of frustrating to see it all the time. what has Kubo done to earn such enmity from you guys? I think I am gonna cry--- There is no place to enjoy the chapter discussions anymore.

Well I guess I might as well read some Yaoi....

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-06-30 at 00:00. Reason: I added to it
Old 2011-06-30, 00:26   Link #48
sayde

Quote:
but he did attack Ishida...
Assuming he could prove that, and assuming he's really the one responsible for that assault, it's not as if that would make the act of murdering Tsukishima any more justified. Especially since Ishida's attacker didn't kill him, nor do we know for sure if Tsukishima ever intended to or not in the first place.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-06-30 at 00:58.
Old 2011-06-30, 00:31   Link #49
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Reminded me of Twilight...
blasphemy! how dare you mention that piece of crap on a bleach thread! shame on you.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-06-30, 00:50   Link #50
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

wow, guys, you make me happy with all of your reviews about this chapter........err, I have nothing to say about since all of you made your point..... and i think the same way as you all do.... great job!

about the zanpaktou Isshin is carrying...... i think that is the finish product what Isshin, Uruhara and the STILL mystery shinigami is working on........ that may be meant the medium to stab/break Ichigo under something (I guess spell in Tsukishima’s case? I don’t know yet) but I still think it has something to do with “taking-away-Ichigo’s-future” ………darn it! All I can do is to guess!!!!!!!!......

(that “shethebreaker” has its meaning something like taking away ichigo’s body and make him full time soul/shinigami)

And yeah…. I like that Ichigo is improving now…….NOW HE GOT IT! …..what true warrior is…….. “the instinct to kill!”……that is his Hollow inside him always complaining what he lacks and the reason he never recognize Ichigo as his King…….. and what me, reader, complaining too…… if he kill, he kill! There is no other thing to think about like Ichigo have done to Aizen after he able to defeat him…..saying something like “I felt loneliness in Aizen’s sword and blah, blah, blah….” So EMO! …..making me think he really doesn’t want to do that to Aizen…….

If someone do evil things, then they deserve to killed for the sake of good….. Tsukishima manipulated everyone’s past and it against one’s will……..(like Lelouch geass that is absolute obedience and in the end, he ultimately died as a payment for using it) ……but the problem here is killing Tsukishima is not an absolute solution…….what else will be there is yet to know…….

And what if Tsukishima manipulated Ginjo’s past too?.........like erasing his existence ‘as his friend’ to Ginjo’s mind to befriended Ichigo…. The flashback of yukio saying …”I think its time for you to remember it too” may support that guess and to conclude, Tsukishima then did not manipulated all fullbringers but they all in favor of what Tsukishima is planning to do which might Ginjo objected (so Ginjou is the only one insane here not Ichigo)……….I believe Fran’s point that Tsukishima permanently cut Ishida is to drive Ichigo to gain his shinigami power by the help of Ginjou…. what else will be there is yet to know AGAIN…….

It seems like we really don’t know what /who is bad or good here…..the true issue is moving under the table and it is really hard to fathom….

lol...for those people who complain about how come Kubo waste pages in his every chapter....... i find it funny myself coz just this week i find an interview of him saying he waste pages like that because "HE IS KUBO....and HE IS RICH" .................all of his answer to the interviewer are all ridiculous.......

Ichimaru Gin

Last edited by rei_ayanami17; 2011-06-30 at 02:03.
Old 2011-06-30, 03:36   Link #51
Langus
Optimus Prime

Eugh... I really wish he'd continued those first panels into some actual plot development. I could have done without the rest of the chapter. I actually got excited when it said "Meanwhile..." and then realized Kubo had trolled us yet again.
Old 2011-06-30, 04:24   Link #52
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:

Truth be told, it felt like that for me too. On one hand, Ichigo's new position is very interesting, but on the other, page 9 is excess, page 11 has three bubbles with nothing but "......." in them, and Ishida's one page amounts to nothing, much like the very first page. This really is wasted space that could be used to add actual depth to the chapter or the plot, but is simply there only to be translated into minutes of staring and breathing when this gets animated.
Old 2011-06-30, 07:01   Link #53
ronin myael
lost ronin

dang! what happened to urahara and isshin? i was so excited to see the first page of the chapter but that's all i got!

damn it! and i thought things are starting to get interesting. but i must admit, this new chapter is so much better than the chapters before it (with the exception of the last one), and that says a lot about bleach's "quality".

i think kubo needs more crack and perhaps more heavy metal music to help him inspire to write.

oh well, at least i wouldn't call this chapter crappy, not after all the crap he threw at us over the past several months.
Old 2011-06-30, 12:26   Link #54
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Most interesting point of this chapter, I would say, would be Isshin and Urahara carrying that mysterious Zanpaktou with then. Anything to do with what they said about taking away Ichigo's future? Interesting to see in the coming chapters, that's for sure.

Tsukishima's ability is still shrouded in mystery, if you ask me.

Ginjou already explained that Tsukishima's ability, supposedly, was "Book of the End," and that it had the ability to cut through anything. He also explained to Chad that Fullbring abilities cannot and will not evolve through growth. ...Is this to imply that there was some mistake on Ginjou's initial interpretation of Tsukishima's power or that he somehow obtained his past-intervening ability through some other means?

In any case, I'm interested to see how Ichigo will handle his supposed resolve on killing an actual human being. Personally I don't see why he should hesitate too much, especially when all of his friends and family are on the line.

Given how Ichigo still hasn't regained his Shinigami powers yet, as so technically isn't a Shinigami, I fail to see how the Soul Society would give Tsukishima's murder any particular notice; that is, if Tsukishima doesn't have some connection of his own to them that we haven't yet discovered.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:13   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Truth be told, it felt like that for me too. On one hand, Ichigo's new position is very interesting, but on the other, page 9 is excess, page 11 has three bubbles with nothing but "......." in them, and Ishida's one page amounts to nothing, much like the very first page. This really is wasted space that could be used to add actual depth to the chapter or the plot, but is simply there only to be translated into minutes of staring and breathing when this gets animated.
I can only read the word "pant" so many times before i'm bored out of my mind.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:36   Link #56
Tarantula Lady

This chapter had Ichigo undergo a very dramatic character development. Will he really turn into a cold-blooded killer or not? Ichigo certainly looked like he was serious, so much so that Goujo looked rather shocked. Yeah, sure, Ichigo has chopped down a lot of hollows in the past but always with the cop-out that he was "purifying" their souls, not to mention the fact that they looked alien, not human.

The scene with Urahara and Isshin was to show that they had completed their preparations and were presumably off to find Ichigo to cast their spells on him to strip Ichigo of his powers. Ishida appeared to be ambulatory and seemingly concerned about what's happening so I think he'll go find Ichigo as well. Since it is likely that everyone will end up at Tsukushima's mansion for a big battle, I don't expect any answers until then.
Old 2011-06-30, 15:46   Link #57
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quite a good chapter. The only real problem is with the padding but that's been like that for God knows how long.

Quote:
It's called an "explanation" a detailed one. (no sarcasm intended)... If he shortened it, then some people wouldn't fully understand it. Because you know what, there are lot of idiots in the world today...that need a full explanation. Hell there are lot of smart people in the world that need a full explanation --he's fully explaining his powers, and how it relates to the bookmark motif. Something I think is necessary because a lot of people were wondering, why he had a sword and why it came from bookmark and how come his ability seemingly had nothing to do with a book mark --

Besides if he didn't explain it, people would just be complaining about how he brought up Tsukishima's powers and didn't fully explain it.

You didn't? It doesn't seem like it...again no sarcasm is intended. I really don't understand the complaint. Did you want them to talk a little bit, you know like two or three words and then just randomly start fighting? I don't understand it what exactly did you want to see? Please don't say the plot moving because it's moving. He has to set everything up, we didn't know what danger, to the others, that Tsukishima possessed--now we are starting to see it and it was more than just dialogue --not only can you see Ichigo's desperation, you got a demonstration of Tsukishima's TRUE ability. Kubo uses imagery and not just text to tell his story...I got a sense of what Ichigo and Ginjou are feeling..for me it was intense...I don't really know what you wanted to see, but I don't see anything to complain about

Besides, if there were hardly any dialogue, people would still complain. No matter what Kubo does-- even if he does the very thing they wanted him to--the fans are never satisfied.

How come we can't just discuss the chapters without insulting Kubo?
For someone that loves Bleach as much as I do, it's kind of frustrating to see it all the time. what has Kubo done to earn such enmity from you guys? I think I am gonna cry--- There is no place to enjoy the chapter discussions anymore.
LoP, if you really want to understand why we think Bleach has so little content then let me give you a challenge. Read this Bleach chapter again as if you're reading it for the first time. Then read the latest Naruto chapter. It doesn't matter if you don't understand it. You'll probably get the gist of it anyway. You don't even have to like it. Just read the chapter with the same amount of patience you'd give to a Bleach chapter. Eventually you'll be surprised to realise that you're only half way through and essentially read the same amount of content as a typical Bleach chapter.
Old 2011-06-30, 16:44   Link #58
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
Most interesting point of this chapter, I would say, would be Isshin and Urahara carrying that mysterious Zanpaktou with then. Anything to do with what they said about taking away Ichigo's future? Interesting to see in the coming chapters, that's for sure.. .
wait what zanpacto?

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-06-30, 18:20   Link #59
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
wait what zanpacto?
Isshin was holding somekind of zanpakuto in one of his hands while he was with Urahara.
Old 2011-06-30, 19:03   Link #60
Tarantula Lady

I just went back to read the comments on the previous chapter, Ch. 453, and you guys all realize why Kubo had Ichigo freaking out so much, right? He had to make Ichigo's hatred of Tsukushima believable, enough such that he'd be willing to kill him in cold blood.

And about Ichigo showing "cowardice" by running from Tsukushima without putting up much of a fight, I'd say that shows him to be more than a one-dimensional character, in fact, something of a flawed anti-hero. Kubo has set up this change in Ichigo's character right from the beginning of this arc. The year and half that Ichigo spent without his supernatural powers put a serious dent in his self-esteem and soured his outlook on life to the extent that he wanted to escape from his family and friends. And running away also gives him added incentive to hate Tsukushima, and makes Ichigo's turn towards harsher attitudes more believable. I did find it ironic that all this time, Ichigo feared his inner hollow was threatening to turn him towards the dark side, but instead it is Ichigo's flawed human side which has led to this.

Addendum:
BTW, considering SS's ruthlessness, I would not be surprised at all if they tried to kill Ichigo if he recovered his powers. While Aizen was plotting against them, Ichigo was a strong ally, but now he is probably seen as a potential threat. And according to the events in TBTP, SS does not ignore potential threats, e.g. throws them in jail even if they haven't committed a crime. That provides a reasonable motive for Isshin to stop Ichigo's attempts to regain his powers.

Last edited by Tarantula Lady; 2011-06-30 at 20:00. Reason: grammar/addendum
Closed Thread