AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 19:12   Link #961
kureizero

AP Ezreal going to make a comeback; 48 seconds on ult with 40% CDR not including Mystic Shot procs. Will be able to fire off 2-3 ults in poke sessions for insane pressure.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 21:47   Link #962
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Can Shaco's jitb still block skillshots?
Old 2011-07-08, 22:12   Link #963
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
To become a better player instead of completely depending on overpowered champion?
Yeah thanks......... for someone whos never played Vayne, or a Grankplank or Alistair or Annie or Twisted Fate. To be called someone who only plays overpowered characters ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
It's simple , they are nerfing the more viable champs showing at DH but also at Ranked.
Honestly , i'm ok with this cuz actually it show you the best champs.
Irelia can handle Solo Top very well & harrass your opponent while she still have full life , it doesn't matter if the opponent harrass her , she got passive lifesteal & ult heal , add philo stone & then she can stand Solo top very well & farm like a pig.
She can even stand against Jarvan who is also a great Solo Top.

You were playing only those two ? No wonder that you don't know how it feels to play against a good Irelia or Jarvan Solo top.
It was weird, I rarely see Irelias, but last night when I was watching Dyrus stream on the EU servers, there were 4 Irelias straight in 4 games he played in. And 3 of those Irelias were on the enemy side and they lost. Dyrus won 4 from 4 games O_O. On the US shes rare ? I rarely see her except for myself. Mind you Dyrus had a hughe impact on winning the games O_o. He even played Pantheon one game and had a higher kill ratio than death, yet he thought he played bad still.

Irelia I play AD , Jarven I been playing Tank Jarven and getting alot of assists mainly, as expected.

I play Irelia becuase she was the first chracter to appeal to me, then I got recommended Jarvan because I was asking friends for a class that might suit me that isnt an assassin. And I've liked his skill set so far. Could look at playing Kayle again, I played her alot before unlocking Irelia. But I never liked her *full* plate armor.

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-07-08 at 22:38.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 22:44   Link #964
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Yeah thanks......... for someone whos never played Vayne, or a Grankplank or Alistair or Annie or Twisted Fate. To be called someone who only plays overpowered characters ?
It's funny if you think previous Irelia is not. And Jarvan.
I just hate people who calls quitting just because of one balancing patch. There are people who keep playing Eve for the last 6 months, and you see what they got?

And you haven't played Alistar pre-change.
Old 2011-07-09, 00:17   Link #965
Velsy

I accepted the healing nerfs, if it was made zero with no healing at all, I'd be content with that. I just dont think its fair that they lower the damage but don't slightly increase the ratios to the people who do play Irelia fair.

I just really annoyed riot could of been a little more productive, I dont mind the mana nerf on Bladesurge because its both positive and negative. so it goes both ways. I really do feel like quiting yes, but got the friend I play with all the time telling me to give it some more, it wont be that bad. Then another friend was telling me all about Dota2 last night O_O. Then read from the artical that Riot was trying to sue Valve or something to stop then using the name Dota. But Valve had hired one of the original creators of Dota.

ps - I been looking for a jungler, gotten Irelia and Jarven jungling to work, but I feel they have been a little slow to start. I have been thinking Trundle, but I not really into Trolls, but the idea of trolling people sounds fun. Anything anyone can add on him to keep my interests ?
Old 2011-07-09, 00:57   Link #966
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Trundle is a great jungler, his Q and passive allow him to do his thing and start offensively with vamp scepter instead of cloth armor and pot waste. He is kind of like Urgot, meant to disrupt the high-rollers, because he can shave both AD and armor/MR with his Q and R, has great zone control with his pillar and contaminated area, etc...Trundle bot killed me yesterday by blocking a jungle path with pillar :P Anyways, decent DPS, lots of toughness, can assist in TF...looks ugly though.
Leona's taking a lot of hate already, credits to Phreak for saying she's a pure tank and gets triple kills, bursting people down and, well...not really doing any tanking with her.

P.S. : GP, Annie and TF are not OP. TF is insanely hard to play right and squishy like a LV1 slime, GP is kitable and Annie has 0 DPS w/o Tibbers. Ever seen Swain vs Annie? If both survive the initial bursts, the former's crow form always nets the kill.

P.S.S. : Servers are never online before 9 AM here.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 01:49   Link #967
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who considers jungling as his trade in the game, I find Trundle kinda like Udyr... both are great junglers, but their contribution to the teamfight is less than what other junglers offer. If Udyr's biggest weakness is being kited, for Trundle it's his mediocre scaling to late game.

I find I need to step my jungling up a notch if I play Trundle... that means counterjungling early to mess up enemy jungler early, gank like a madman whenever red is up, and ninja'ing dragon as often as possible during mid-game.

Just clearing your own side of the jungle and haphazardly ganking here and there isn't enough... because I feel that if we don't have a big enough lead done during early/mid-game, late-game I find Trundle to be kinda lacking even if you did a perfect pillar to split enemy team. Even I think Nunu offers more late, as he eats up a CC and can bloodboil the AD carry, and Nunu isn't exactly known to be a late game scaler.

As SaintVicious have said before Dreamhack.. "There are only four viable junglers in game, and Trundle is not one of them. And yes, that's coming from the best Trundle in NA." Sure he was wrong on the four viable junglers part, but him not having faith on a champ people think he's one of the masters of is pretty telling. Even I see Wikd fail everytime he does lane Trundle, not because he did bad in lane (on the contrary, Trundle has great sustainability), but because I don't see him do something significant come teamfight phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Can Shaco's jitb still block skillshots?
Well, considering the point is that you want to blast them to kingdom come else you get destroyed by a nest of them... yes.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 06:43   Link #968
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:

It was weird, I rarely see Irelias, but last night when I was watching Dyrus stream on the EU servers, there were 4 Irelias straight in 4 games he played in. And 3 of those Irelias were on the enemy side and they lost. Dyrus won 4 from 4 games O_O. On the US shes rare ? I rarely see her except for myself. Mind you Dyrus had a hughe impact on winning the games O_o. He even played Pantheon one game and had a higher kill ratio than death, yet he thought he played bad still.
Dyrus is a good player at high elo too. We don't have the same skills so.
There are lot of Irelia , Jarvan , Alistar , Ashe , Sona etc... in Eu server. Dunno for US.
Anyway , the games don't only depend on 1 champion. Teamplay is the key to win.
The opponent can have a good Irelia but also a bad teamplay.

For OP champs. Vayne "was" OP before her nerf , now she's ok.
GP isn't OP yet but it's true that his passives are powerful now.
Annie became a great mage in comparison to before , i'll say , she's like a Brand.
TF is banned at ranked mainly cuz of his great backdoor potential & gank after lv6.
& there are others champs like Rumble & Alistar but they'll be nerfed.

And really Riot don't really care anymore about invis champ , Twitch & Eve , they are ultra useless. I laughed my ass yesterday against a Twitch who used all his bursts , no damage , a focus -> 3 hits dead.
They are reworking Kayle QWE skills not her R....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:03   Link #969
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
And really Riot don't really care anymore about invis champ , Twitch & Eve , they are ultra useless. I laughed my ass yesterday against a Twitch who used all his bursts , no damage , a focus -> 3 hits dead.
Just wait until the new stealth mechanic is implemented.
Old 2011-07-09, 10:59   Link #970
Velsy

Quote:
Dyrus is a good player at high elo too. We don't have the same skills so.
There are lot of Irelia , Jarvan , Alistar , Ashe , Sona etc... in Eu server. Dunno for US.
Anyway , the games don't only depend on 1 champion. Teamplay is the key to win.
The opponent can have a good Irelia but also a bad teamplay.

For OP champs. Vayne "was" OP before her nerf , now she's ok.
GP isn't OP yet but it's true that his passives are powerful now.
Annie became a great mage in comparison to before , i'll say , she's like a Brand.
TF is banned at ranked mainly cuz of his great backdoor potential & gank after lv6.
& there are others champs like Rumble & Alistar but they'll be nerfed.

Well I dont mean it in that way. I accept they are strong characters and I dont have any complains about that. Vaynes strong, but you can take her down quickly with a bit of focus fire. TF is the master of ganks etc etc. Why hes banned in elo matches ?

I actually decided to try Kag maw, since hes free this week. See if I can find some fun in him. So far I've had a bot match and then a normal match and its gone good so far. 2/1/4 before the enemy surrended.

Built a chalice early (so far its did a nice job keeping mana) and plan to play him AP. Plan to get items like, Hex Gunblade, Void staff, 140ap cap. Maybe one of the staffs. Just some ideas I been looking at. Maybe that Nashors Sword in there too. At the moment I going with boots with cool downs (even tho I get 9 % from my masteries, so 9 % +15% = 24 %)

I sure I asked questions about him before, but never got to play him. Not into monster characters but he could be fun after observing his skill set. Looks like a wierd carry.

Might put jungling on hold atm.

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-07-09 at 11:20.
Old 2011-07-09, 11:33   Link #971
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Why hes banned in elo matches ?
A well-timed destiny can ruin ganks that take a long time to set up, he can basically control the flow of the game...and ofc, indiscriminately ninja-steal buffs
Quote:
Vaynes strong, but you can take her down quickly with a bit of focus fire.
A good Vayne won't let you focus her but will still kill you before you can blink (literally, final hour Vayne will condemn and kill you before you got time to flash). Even so, I always pick a mallet on her, so she can survive a burst....she's also got a terrifying jungle presence, deterring players from using many routes to reach towers and buffs.
Quote:
I sure I asked questions about him before, but never got to play him. Not into monster characters but he could be fun after observing his skill set. Looks like a wierd carry.
Yeah AP Kog's lots of fun, if you reach 40% CDR and got a big mana pool, you can spam a layer of living artillery and play silent bomber. The huge range lets you gank safely from behind walls and around turrets, but all of this is just a bonus, his real damage comes from the Bio-arcane barrage spammage in connjunction with Madred's, which is what makes him the carry he is. He falls short in escape tools and movespeed, so if anyone catches up, you're dead.
Old 2011-07-09, 12:48   Link #972
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

An important reason TF is such a strong pick is because AP TF can push towers well with a Lich Bane, and he's able to split-push very easily by staying away from his team and teleporting in when he needs to. You basically are forced to guard against split pushing all the time.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 00:11   Link #973
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm pretty certain Morello or any of the Riot guys will change his Destiny soon.
As for a change in the stealth mechanic, how do you think they will handle it? I posted a viable stealth mechanic once; stealth as a tertiary resource like Malphite's Granite Shield that relies on current HP and drains off when moving.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 06:23   Link #974
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yes, I think TF's future nerf has been mentioned before, it will no longer be a global skill iirc. Stealth changes better not include true stealth (ala Slarrk or whatever that murlock was called)...perhaps integrate it in champions' passives, I can mention quite a few that do next to nothing.
Old 2011-07-10, 06:26   Link #975
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , i posted before a news that Riot wanted to change TF ulti , like a Nocturne's ulti range. Dunno if they still want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I posted a viable stealth mechanic once; stealth as a tertiary resource like Malphite's Granite Shield that relies on current HP and drains off when moving.
Eve will gank with 2/3 HP left , be more useless lol
Just , Wards then she's nothing , like a Twitch.
What is really annoying for Invis champs is that you have to buy Pink Wards & Oracle that's it.
If you can counter her gank like that , you're pretty sure that you'll win the game cuz Eve really needs golds. (Don't mention Twitch)

Btw , US already have the new patch. People said that Yorick is OP now , no wonder , i saw his buff , they buffed all his stats & ghouls lol. Next patch = Nerfed
Well , i'm waiting the patch to try him again.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 08:03   Link #976
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, I guess Yorick going from both ends of the balancing spectrum is due to his introduction of yet another mechanic. It might take a few more tweaks and fixes for him to reach the Goldilocks Zone.

As for Stealth champions, well, you have a point, but I don't know as well how the remake will be handled. @_@
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 08:24   Link #977
Velsy

Well I wanted to play AP Mog Kaw , but the last 3 games I played I've have copped abuse to the point playing isnt fun. Why does everyone point the finger at me, Gankplank in my lane gets cocky because his character is strong, tries to take on Amumu and Rammus 'infront" of a whole bunch of enemy minions and dies. then complains about me being uselss Or that because I build Chalice early to solve mana problems (with a little magic resist), by build is useless. I so tired of it, I wanted to have some fund with him, but all it is, is abuse from other players. One game I outfarmed mid slightly but none of us killed each other, while my other teammates died a few times, then mid game they start abusing me.

I've tried to play a character away from Jarven and Irelia and this is what I get.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:44   Link #978
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Honestly, that abuse probably happens to all of us. I've had unwarranted abuse happen to me too [Honestly, I try not to think about it since I get irritated]. It's just something you have to move past.

Maybe you should play in a premade? That way, they can tell you if you're actually doing something wrong and you won't have to deal with as much abuse.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 11:52   Link #979
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kog usually builds a tear for arc staff (AP) or manamune (AD) because he needs a LOT of mana, as in a huge mana pool to persist in harassing or chasing his opponents. Still, getting a chalice is no flammable reason...
Quote:
Well, I guess Yorick going from both ends of the balancing spectrum is due to his introduction of yet another mechanic. It might take a few more tweaks and fixes for him to reach the Goldilocks Zone.
He was fine the way he was, people were probably expecting too much out of him in the first place. If I'm following Riot's reasoning though, they will buff Eve next patch
Old 2011-07-10, 19:07   Link #980
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

He actually wasn't fine the way he was. Mostly because the minion's AI is horribly random, and the decaying HP from both his minion and his ulti hurt him the most, not to mention some skill contradict its goal (increase your speed after you've touch your opponent at melee range?).

Quote:
Well I wanted to play AP Mog Kaw , but the last 3 games I played I've have copped abuse to the point playing isnt fun. Why does everyone point the finger at me, Gankplank in my lane gets cocky because his character is strong, tries to take on Amumu and Rammus 'infront" of a whole bunch of enemy minions and dies. then complains about me being uselss Or that because I build Chalice early to solve mana problems (with a little magic resist), by build is useless. I so tired of it, I wanted to have some fund with him, but all it is, is abuse from other players. One game I outfarmed mid slightly but none of us killed each other, while my other teammates died a few times, then mid game they start abusing me.

I've tried to play a character away from Jarven and Irelia and this is what I get.
Drop the chalice. Go for Tears. Kog needs a huge mana pool, and use golem buff for mana regeneration. If you need magic resist, just grab the Negatron Cloak, since most Kog need Banshee anyway.
And this amount of abuse is the lightest you got in Moba. It's even worse in DotA or HoN.

Tags
league of legends, lol