Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 06:55   Link #41
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Oogami Souma (Kannazuki No Miko)
I am so f*cking sick of the yuri fans hating on him just because he's NOT A LESBIAN
He's not a lesbian? Bastard! The one unforgivable sin.

I can see why people would dislike the concept of a guy if what they were expecting when they saw it was lesbian romance, but I think it's a bit unfair to hate him that much for that reason alone. After all, there's more to him than "not being a lesbian."

Quote:
Tsukino Usagi (Sailormoon)
She goes through major character development that her haters always seem to forget about.
I'm actually watching through Sailor Moon for the first time currently. I looove Usagi. She's a riot, always hilarious, no matter what she's up to. I find her absolutely charming, even when she's being a brat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Probably just because their favored girl doesn't win. While she isn't quite my favorite heroine, she definitely goes through some significant development, so I don't really understand why people would hate on her.
That's the reaction I've most commonly encountered. Some people who favor other more feisty heroines find her a bit bland and boring, I think. I can't say an unkind thing about Nagisa without feeling my heart begin to wither away and seeing visions of the devil approaching me with a pre-written contract. She's simply wonderful, and her struggle is such a beautiful part of the show. She's the series heart and soul, and even mildly criticizing her just feels wrong to me. (Of course, that applies only to myself, I'm not trying to suggest that anyone who dislikes Nagisa is a heartless monster. Although..... )
Old 2011-11-22, 07:02   Link #42
Qikz

Quote:
It has been said before, but I will also mention Sayaka Miki as one character that I really like and in my opinion does not get enough love/appreciation (in other words, is hated on) from many people. To the point that she's always the underdog in comparison with the other main characters from her show and is almost always the first to get hated on.
Sayaka Miki is one I would say too, admittedly she got owned by her own power almost, but she was still a good character.

My latest one is Yozora from haganai, I know she's a bit of a bitch but there's clearly a reason which I don't know about yet and I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for now.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 07:15   Link #43
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Oh goody, this is a topic well suited to me. I tend to love characters that are specifically designed to be hated, as long as they're funny.

Guiche de Gramont from Zero no Tsukaima - So fabulous... His love for Belldandy is real.

Sunohara from Clannad - I feel your pain, bro. Though Sunohara seems to have as many haters as he does fans.

Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss - He was better before he cut his hair.
Old 2011-11-22, 07:38   Link #44
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post

Sunohara from Clannad - I feel your pain, bro. Though Sunohara seems to have as many haters as he does fans.
Another Sunohara fan here. Can never hate him or any other "unfortunate comedy relief friend" character (seriously, how many harem anime don't have this character?) because I feel a sort of brotherhood with them. My situation mirrors theirs in several ways; I pretty much am that guy in real life.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 07:46   Link #45
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yet again I am astounded, Sunohara has a hatebase?

Come on people.
Old 2011-11-22, 07:51   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Yet again I am astounded, Sunohara has a hatebase?

Come on people.
Maybe not exactly a hate base but a didn't-get-much-love-and-attention base.
Old 2011-11-22, 09:19   Link #47
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsu Tainaka View Post
Does anyone even like Shinpachi from Gintama?
I do! Well, he's the normal guy of the yorozuya, but his overreactive nature is pretty entertaining. It's a shame that he's the unlucky guy of the trio (and there tons of people who even overshadow him in bad luck...don't know if that's a good thing).

EDIT: oh whaddaya know, Sunohara and Shinpachi have the same seiyu.

Sometimes I wish they'd develop the "bromantic foil" more though. He could have a beta couple, or some significant relationship in the background.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 09:53   Link #48
kitten320

I also liked Sunohara.

Other characters would be Soi Fon from Bleach, the amount of hate she gets is unbelievable when Byakuya is stuck up too =/
I seriously don't see a problem... the fangirl side is mostly over done in fillers. The fact that she follows orders is not new, the all fave Hitsugaya also follows orders. I do admit that she does have her bad moments but come on! There are far worse cases!

Medusa from Soul Eater seems to be disliked a lot but considering that she is a villian, I guess it's a good thing. She does her work properly.
Old 2011-11-22, 09:55   Link #49
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post

Sometimes I wish they'd develop the "bromantic foil" more though. He could have a beta couple, or some significant relationship in the background.
They kind of tried to do this in one of the routes in Da Capo 2 (Visual novel only though, didn't happen in the anime.)

Spoiler for spoiler:
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 14:08   Link #50
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes
I can see why people would dislike the concept of a guy if what they were expecting when they saw it was lesbian romance, but I think it's a bit unfair to hate him that much for that reason alone. After all, there's more to him than "not being a lesbian."
I know!! The reality is, aside from being insanely hot, he's a sweet-hearted protective guy who would do anything for the girl he loves-he doesn't treat her like a possession but a person and when she rejects him, he takes it like a man and selflessly lets her go instead of trying to make her love him back (like whiny bitch-guys in shoujo manga)!!

THAT IS AMAZING. DO YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY A GIRL WOULD BE TO FIND A BOY LIKE THAT!?

Quote:
I looove Usagi. She's a riot, always hilarious, no matter what she's up to. I find her absolutely charming, even when she's being a brat.
Yes! I love her because she's so realistic! Just a teenage girl who wants a normal life without homework and monsters to keep her from just having fun! Who can't relate to that?
I hated school lol

I also don't hate Miki Sayaka....while I thought her actions were foolish, it actually takes a lot for me to hate a character. I didn't hate anyone in Madoka. But QB is still a freaky bastard. XD

Quote:
Medusa from Soul Eater seems to be disliked a lot but considering that she is a villian, I guess it's a good thing. She does her work properly.
I don't normally like villians, but Medusa was AWESOME. She's smart, cunning, manipulative, and hats off to Kuwashima Houko for giving her that amazing, silky voice. You could just tell Medusa relished in her nastiness and Kuwashima had so much fun with the role!
Old 2011-11-24, 14:32   Link #51
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Oops forgot one more which is Nina Einstein from Code Geass because she's bearable compared to Suzaku atleast
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 15:59   Link #52
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I wasn't aware Nagisa Furukawa was hated, but I do know most of the fandom considers her overshadowed by the rest of the cast. Seriously the only reason I can think of is because she's a regular girl who doesn't appeal to any archetypical fetishes. Kyou's a tsundere, Kotomi's a shy girl, Tomoyo is sort of like Kyou 2.0 and Fuuko to be quite blunt is Ayu v2.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 16:45   Link #53
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Emily Armondo from Gundam Age. If you've been following the ever angry and forever displeased fanbase for this franchise then you'd know that people just seem to hate this character and find her insistence on trying to get main character Flit Asuno out of fighting with the Gundam annoying. I like her though. She could just be any old meek background loli character and love interest but instead she is forever getting right in there, standing up to the authority figures when they get it wrong, and fairly complex in how she supports and looks after her friends but doesn't always agree with them. Is their room for growth and could she stand to learn a few more things about Flit? Absolutely! Does this make her a bad character? I'd argue it actually makes her interesting beyond what your average supporting loli type typically is.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 18:00   Link #54
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Kira Yamato. I just can't understand how he had such huge hatedom except he's not your typical cold-hearted guy like Setsuna and Heero.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 18:29   Link #55
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Kira Yamato. I just can't understand how he had such huge hatedom except he's not your typical cold-hearted guy like Setsuna and Heero.
I don't get the Kira hate either but I do know that every character with a giant fanbase will also have a giant hatebase.

Heero.......Heero Yuy? I never thought of him as "cold-hearted"; more like "emotionless"...like he just closed himself off to everything. Even his way of thinking is odd. He's like an android...
Old 2011-11-24, 23:39   Link #56
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I don't get the Kira hate either but I do know that every character with a giant fanbase will also have a giant hatebase.

Heero.......Heero Yuy? I never thought of him as "cold-hearted"; more like "emotionless"...like he just closed himself off to everything. Even his way of thinking is odd. He's like an android...
Heero's whole character backstory is explained in the Endless Waltz Movie/OVA. "How many times must he kill that little girl and her dog?"
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 23:43   Link #57
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Heero's whole character backstory is explained in the Endless Waltz Movie/OVA. "How many times must he kill that little girl and her dog?"
Oh right....I vaguely remember something like that.
Damn, it's probably been over ten years since I watched that.
Old 2011-11-25, 02:46   Link #58
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Oh how could I forget this? But it's not like I don't understand, the Gundam fanbase is quite divided.
Old 2011-12-04, 13:57   Link #59
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I don't really have many IRL friends who watch anime, so I'll speak of the only one I hear about so much on here- Kousaka Kirino.

Yes, she's insanely tsundere and ungrateful at the beginning, but did anyone actually watch the series right to the end? She changes just like any other character. Taketatsu Ayana fronts her voice as well, so she's got tons of energy and features as a character. What has she done to deserve such hatred?
Old 2011-12-04, 18:56   Link #60
amasposu

I can only think of one off the top of my head: Yagami Light from Death Note. A lot of people hate him but I wanted him to rule the world. >_>;
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, enjoyed, hated, personal